Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Murderer's Row ❯ Introductions Are In Order ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

[Disclaimer: This is not mine. Nope…nadda…**walks off whistling**]

 

This story is a little different from most of my stories. There probably won't be any romance (unless you guys ask nicely) and there'll be more R-rated stuffs in here. I like it and I hope you guys will like it too. Enjoy!

 

&%&%&%&%

 

A building. A huge, gray building surrounded by other huge, gray buildings connected by walkways. It would seem that this place was just your average everyday compound but then you notice the bars on the windows, horrible smell coming from the cafeteria, and the stony faces of the faculty. Then your choices are narrowed down to two things: prison or school. It just so happens that this is a prison, yes the prison you go to for crimes, not to learn.

 

Welcome to Hudson Penitentiary or Hudson's Hell to many of the tenants.

 

There are many different cellblocks here. There are the places for petty crimes: stealing, car-jacking, being really, really, really drunk and driving around way too many times for your own good. There are places for pretty damn bad crimes: assault, rape, child abuse. Then there is the interesting spot: Murderer's Row, which is the main point of intrigue in our story. Let's head down there shall we?

 

Murderer's Row is the largest building in Hudson's. It sits in the very center of the compound, which is supposed to help guards catch them if there's a breakout. Please excuse me while I roll my eyes. To all you police peoples out there, no; I don't think the guards are fools. They are the best in the business and, were it any other criminals; they'd definitely get the job done. But they aren't. They have Hudson criminals and, like the guards that imprison them, they are the best in the business. A more shadowed, morbid business, but a business none the less.

 

If there's a criminal anywhere, and I do mean anywhere, that the authorities don't think they can handle, that criminal gets sent to Hudson's. No not the petty crooks or even the `pretty damn bad' villains. I'm talking about the murderers.

 

I know, I know you're probably pissed at me right now. Why don't I just show you these Hellish people and stop building up the tension? Well, I'll tell you why, I'm an author and there is little point in writing if you can't annoy someone. But just to be fair, (you did want a good story after all) I will get on with it. Ahem.

 

Our first character is Yusuke Urameshi. That's him, over there by the punching bag…well what used to be the punching bag. It seems he's destroyed it again. Anyway, he is a twenty-year-old hot head with a knack for street fighting. He had been in a gang for most of his life, with a non-existent dad and an alcoholic mom. He skipped school so often they didn't even put him on the attendance records, he loved smoking and drinking, loved playing in the arcade, and lived for fighting, Especially with his best friend Kuwabara.

 

There he is now, in fact. The tall, ugly carrot top walking up? Yes, that's Kazuma Kuwabara. He is also a twenty-year-old hot head with a knack for street fighting. He has no parents and the only family he does have, his sister Shizuru who works as a guard, could beat him up. He and Yusuke had gotten into Hudson's together, for the same crime, and they'd get out together. Never. The two had been out of town to a concert and a rival gang had come up in the night and murdered their group, The Detectives. Yes, lame name, but don't blame me. It was Kuwabara's idea.

 

Naturally Yusuke and Kuwabara (we call him by his last name for some reason or another) were pretty damn pissed. No that's an understatement, the understatement of the millennia. Kuwabara has a huge sense of loyalty, always standing up for his friends. Yusuke? …he was just pissed. It was the two of them against the other gang of twenty and three from another rival gang. They were slaughtered. The gang got a funeral. Yusuke and Kuwabara went in for life, no parole.

 

"C'mon Urameshi," said Kuwabara, "It's time for lunch and it's useless to train. You know you'll never beat me."

 

Kuwabara smirked.

 

"I'd say I've beaten you once or twice," Yusuke said mockingly, "I don't remember you ever even touching me, moron."

 

"You sayin' you're better than me?!" the carrot-top yelled.

 

"I don't have to say it!" his black haired friend screamed back, "Everyone already knows it!"

 

That started another fight. It was the same argument they had every day at this time and the same outcome as well. Yusuke got one hit in and Kazuma was down for the count. Then, as usual, the peacekeeper came and brought them out of their ego-induced war. His name is Shuichi Minamino.

 

"Please guys," he said smiling a little, "It's time for lunch. Break it up."

 

The soft spoken, intelligent redhead was the mediator in many fights not just between the gang members. Looking at him from a distance you'd think he was a councilor there, not an inmate but if you got to know him well enough you'd see the shadow in his eyes. Shuichi, Kurama to his friends, was normally the common sense, the patience on the Row but if you got him mad…it was terrible.

 

He had been a master thief, Youko Kurama was the name he wrote in blood on the walls after his crimes. It was the name of the demon fox of legend and, with his seemingly otherworldly abilities in agility and cunning, the name fit. He stole the world's most priceless treasures and assassinated its top authorities. He was a god among criminals…until his partner ratted him out. Now when Kuronue's name is mentioned he acts as if the man is dead to him, and he is. Kurama murdered him when the snitch was called as a witness at the fox's trial.

 

That's the thing about Kurama. He is kind, generous, intelligent, insanely handsome…but get him mad…They say his green eyes suddenly turn a bright, frightening gold. Those hauntingly beautiful eyes will be the last thing your own orbs ever behold. Rumors around the Row say he could escape anytime he wants but sticks around for his friends. He's just that kind of person.

 

"What are we havin' today, Kurama?" asked the newly conscious Kuwabara, getting up and rubbing his head.

 

"Well, it's Tuesday so…" the red head trailed off knowing that this bit of information would answer his friend's question.

 

It did. Both men's eyes lit up.

 

"Alright," cried Yusuke, "Then it won't be the radioactive slop like usual!!"

 

"Yes," agreed Kurama, "Let's grab Hiei and get a seat."

 

Kuwabara visibly slouched. It was a widely known fact that the tall man greatly disliked that fellow prisoner. It was an even wider known fact that the feeling was mutual.

 

"Aw, can't we just let the shrimp starve Kurama?" he asked dejectedly.

 

"Though, I'm sure starvation would be much more agreeable than being seen with you, I'm afraid not, oaf," said a low voice from behind them.

 

They turned and saw a shorter man, shorter next to Kuwabara at least, with jet-black spiked up hair with a starburst of white in the middle. If you noticed his hair's resemblance to fire I'm forced to bow to Captain Point-Out-The-Obvious. His hair suited him, though. When I say his hair fit him I mean it fit his crime. He was a serial-pyromaniac, one of the best, well, the worst.

 

Him, like most of the others in the group, had a pretty bad childhood. He had been illegitimate and his mother's best friend had sent him to an orphanage as soon as his mother passed away. He had been kicked out of the orphanage when he was fifteen and was raised the rest of the way by a group of petty thieves. He moved on to pyromania when, well, when he was bored. His life on the streets had hardened him and he didn't give a damn about anyone but himself…except Yukina. His twin sister, his only living relative, his only source of happiness.

 

She had tracked him down over the years, accepted him, and now, as he served his life sentence, worked as a councilor for the prisoners. She was a sweet, innocent little thing and the pride of her brother's life. If anyone even looked like they were thinking something bad about her they'd be in pretty bad shape. He didn't look it but he was fast…and strong. One reason Hiei hated Kuwabara was that the tall man was infatuated with Yukina but was too stupid to realize she was Hiei's sister. The guys never told him, thinking it was easier that way.

 

"I don't have time to argue with you today, shrimp," growled Kuwabara, straining not to jump the smaller man, "I'm hungry and you know how fast the food goes today."

 

"Hn," replied the fire-starter and started down the hall to the cafeteria.

 

Kurama sighed and Yusuke laughed as they, Kurama actually, held Kuwabara from starting the fight that would most likely end his sentence in a coffin.

 

"Don't take it so hard," said Kurama soothingly, "Hiei's just like that and you know it."

 

"Yeah…well," Kuwabara adjusted his blue uniform and smirked, rubbing his nose, "I'm glad you stopped me Kurama. I don't wanna get inta more trouble for killing the little bastard."

 

"Uh…sure, Kuwabara," sweatdropped the thief.

 

They were in the cafeteria now, surrounded by the other criminals. It was startling how much the system was like High School. The rapist clique was on the right side of the room, the car-jacker posse was seated near the door, drunk drivers were swapping stories in the corner, etc. Our group sat at the only round table, the coveted seat, right at the center. Why were they allowed to sit where everyone wanted to? Why were they special? Haven't you been listening to me?! Our group is the toughest of all the inmates and they threw their weight around any time they could.

 

They had been here the longest and they would stay here the longest. It was their right!…That and the last group that sat in their spot had to be put in group physical therapy. They had been nearly killed with just two spoons and a straw. Now that's genius.

 

"Hey guys!" called a bright voice behind them, "I was wondering when you'd show up!"

 

The guys smiled (Hiei just smirked) and turned, knowing who they'd see.

 

&%&%&%&%

[I like this story. No, I'm not being vain, I just like stories where the characters are murderers…What?…STOP LOOKING AT ME THAT WAY!!]