Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ My Mom Meets Yu Yu Hakusho ❯ Suspicious Activity ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Sorry for the insane wait everyone college life is crazy. Don't worry I haven't left the story alone and I'll update when I can. If I ever take too long again just email me and tell me to get off my ass. Really you can do it sometimes I forget I have free time and just sit on my ass and watch j-dramas which are awesome by the way.lol. Also if you're a yaoi fan check out my fic I Remember in the Wintertime and look forward to my Hiei/Kuwa oneshot No One. And if you really like this one hop on down to my bio and click on AMK: Extended family its just another self insert. Well seeya next time and Happy Reading!!!!!!!
 
 
Chapter 5
 
A New Threat
 
 
 
 
All four of the seasoned Spirit Detectives jumped a mile high when Yusuke's compact went off. Sweatdrops slid with utter embarrassment down their foreheads as they refused to meet the other's eyes. Yusuke pulled the communicator from his pant pocket and flipped it open.
“What do you want pacifier breath, I was doing something.” He shot a look toward Hiei who sent back a glare.
Koenma huffed agitated at Yusuke's lack of respect.
“Well Yusuke I was looking for my Spirit Detective Team. You know the one I employ to save the world from possible spiritual disasters. But it would appear I found nothing….BUT A LOUD MOUTHED PUNK!”
“What!!!!” Yusuke screamed outraged. “Who you calling a punk you Gerber baby reject.?!”
Koenma stomped and balled his small hands into fists.
“Obviously you! You Elvis Presley wannabe.”
“Ha, if I'm Elvis than you're Mini-me.”
“Urameshi Yusuke!!!! Why I oughta-,”
“Sir”, the blue ogre George spoke up at the prince's side. “I don't think this is the best course of action.”
“Oh shut up ogre I'll do what I want!!” Koenma huffed.
“But Koenma sir we did actually have to tell Yusuke and the others something very important.”
Realization seemed to dawn on Koenma then. Turning to the ogre small fist clenched, he popped George across the head, knocking him flat on his back. “Of course we do ogre. How dare you get of track like that.”
“I'm terribly sorry Koenma sir how careless of me.” George replied dazed.
Koenma settled himself back in his seat and adorned the most serious face his toddler like features could manage.
“Yusuke is everyone there with you?”
Yusuke nodded and turned the screen onto the others so that all could be seen by the small prince.
“Good. Now what I am about to tell you is completely classified information and shall not be repeated under penalty of death.”
Hiei scoffed, “well this sounds like something I don't want to be involved in.”
He made to turn and leave but Kurama forcibly pulled him back.
“Actually Hiei”, Koenma spoke up, “this might be something you truly do want to be involved in.”
“I doubt it Princeling. Nothing you say could possibly mean anything more to me than bull.”
Koenma's eyebrow rose with slight surprise. True Hiei was a reluctant Detective but a Detective nonetheless. He'd always fulfilled his duties with little to no complaint. Now however it seemed something had changed.
“Is there something you wish to discuss with me Hiei?”
Quickly Kurama stepped in before Hiei could answer.
“No, Koenma, no everything's fine Hiei's been like this all day don't mind him.”
Yusuke snorted, “ get on with what you needed to tell us toddler.”
Koenma nodded throwing Hiei a wary glance before he continued.
“Kurama, Hiei, have either of you heard of the Descendants of Cain?”
Both demons froze.
“I thought so.”
Both Yusuke and Kuwabara studied their two companions as they regarded the small deity with matching startled expressions.
Kuwabara had never seen Hiei look surprised more than a few candid moments where he had either been caught unaware or thought no one else was around. Now it seemed to be the former. These Descendants of Cain had seemed to have shaken something within the two demons.
“Hold on what the Hell?” Yusuke exclaimed.
“Yeah,” Kuwabara piped up, what's going on?”
Koenma cleared his throat and settled into a stern sitting position complete with furrowed brows.
“I could explain but the incident was far before my time and diligently kept away from me until now.”
Yusuke scoffed, “so what does that mean? After all that suspense you're refusing to tell us anything?”
“That's dumb Koenma. If you can't tell us what's going on than what's this all about?” Kuwabara scoffed also, crossing his arms across his chest and pinning an annoyed stare on the prince.
A vein throbbed on the God's forehead, “well if you would just let me finish I could get to the point.”
He threw dangerous glares at all present, nodded his head and continued.
“Ahem, as I was saying it was far beyond my time so I've asked someone who's highly involved to help explain.”
Just then the four detectives could distinctly make out the sound of two large doors swinging open and shutting. Then they watched as the bubbly blue haired Ferry girl came gliding past the large screen in front of Koenma's desk and come to hover at the prince's side.
“Oh Lord Koenma I'm so sorry we're late it took me just a while to find everyone.”
Koenma waved the apology away and slid from his seat, walked around his desk and out of sight of the four detectives.
“Hey toddler get back here!” Yusuke ground out.
As though just realizing they were being watched Botan hovered up to the screen smiling brightly.
“Why hello boys. How's the super secret mission going?”
The four boys sweat dropped and stared daggers at the happy-go-lucky grim reaper.
Kurama spoke.
“Botan the whole point of it being a super secret mission is because it stays a secret.”
Surprised she slapped her hands over her mouth and looked wildly around her.
“Sorry boys,” she said through her fingers as she hovered back to her position beside the prince's high backed chair.
Just then said prince came back in front off the screen and resumed his place behind his desk. Following him were three ghosts who took up hovering over Koenma's desk and too the right so that they did not block the Princeling's view.
The first was a woman, her skin was brown and wrinkled with age. Long and sleek salt and pepper hair fell in soft curls to brush the back of her shoulders, chocolate brown eyes that wrinkled at the edges sparkled with wisdom. She wore a light blue dress with a Mandarin collar and simple white dress shoes with no heels.
The second was a man in his early forties. The smooth pale skin of his bald head shone with the light of the office, a thick brown beard covered his chin. Dark green eyes stared out at them commanding respect. His chest and abdomen were covered in shining gold armor, leather flaps that fell from his tunic beneath the armor covered his legs down to his knees where thick gold and leather guards covered his calves, a similar pair covered his forearms. Leather sandals wrapped themselves up his legs. A golden helmet with a bright red plumage rested under his arm.
The last was a young girl, a few years younger than Yusuke and Kuwabara. Her skin was a pale yellow and her soft slanted brown eyes smiled at them shyly. Her inky black her was pulled into a soft plait that came over her shoulder and hung unmoving at her waist. She wore a dress of orange silk that came to rest above her ankles and hugged her snuggly. No shoes adorned her stocking covered feet.
“Guys, let me introduce you to three of The Seven Guardians of the Seven Jewels of Ecneconni.”
The old woman chuckled and gave a mock bow.
“Three of the former Guardians, Koenma.”
The man scoffed, “former or no we were still guardians.”
Koenma nodded acknowledging both and turned back to his detectives.
“This is Lady Catherine, General Octavius, and Lady Hui-ying.”
The three ghosts nodded in greeting.
For a second no one spoke. “Alright no offense, it's real nice to meet you and all but what do you guys have to do with all this?” asked Yusuke slightly annoyed.
Kurama promptly hit him across the back of the head as he apologized for Yusuke's rudeness.
The woman, Lady Catherine smiled softly.
“Good question Yusuke. We are here to explain to you the basics of your new mission.”
General Octavius nodded, “yes and we'd appreciate it if you wouldn't interrupt.”
The detectives nodded.
“Take a seat”, Lady Catherine advised.
They did and waited for the story to begin.
Lady Catherine spoke.
“Long ago before the Earth was tamed it was known as Deeslara. Demons roamed the surface in numbers as largely as ants. There were no barriers or humans. However, there did exist what some humans today refer to as Mount Olympus or Heaven. There Higher Beings did dwell high over the Earth and looked out over the land. They were disgusted by what they saw. How unruly and bloodthirsty the demons all were. They plundered and slaughtered, raped and violated. They were in every sense of the word demons.”
Timidly Kuwabara raised his hand and all stopped and turned their eyes to him.
“Yes, young man?”
“Um..my name's Kuwabara Kazuma and…uh what's the difference between demons then and now? I mean nothing can be more disturbing than Hamsterlegs and foxboy. No offense Kurama.”
The boy did not answer as he and Yusuke were currently preoccupied with stopping Hiei from slicing the carrotop's head from his shoulders.
The General scoffed and flippantly gestured toward the kitsune and the fire demon.
“Those are not demons. They are simply the lesser shadows of what used to slither across the face of the Earth. Be extremely grateful that you will never face the First Demons. None of you would ever survive.”
“General”, Lady Catherine cautioned.
Koenma hummed to himself, “unfortunately Lady Catherine, the General is correct.”
The struggle ended between the three boys and all four listened.
“While it is unpleasant to think about. Neither Hiei nor Kurama could hold a candle to the First Demons at their current level. While Yusuke might be stronger than both of them he wouldn't last long and you Kuwabara…” there the deity trailed off.
General Octavius snorted, “Don't be soft about it. He's a human there would be no point of him even thinking he could take on one of the First Demons.”
A thick silence settled around them and neither Botan, George, nor Koenma could meet the four pairs of eyes that stared back at them.
Yusuke looked at his friend and knew when their eyes met exactly what he was thinking.
Kuwabara snorted.
“So what.”
All eyes turned to him again and they could all see that he was glowing slightly with spirit energy. There was a light that shone within his dark eyes.
“Do you know how many times I've heard that, we've heard that? A million times, that's how many. And we'll hear `em a million more, `cuz there's always gonna be someone or something out there that's bigger and badder than all of us. But who gives a damn, if you fight your hardest and give it your all and work together with those who stand with you then you'll always beat the odds!” “That's right!!”
Yusuke shouted as Hiei and Kurama nodded in agreement.
Koenma couldn't have looked more proud or smug as he looked upon his four Detectives.
A small smile lit itself across Hui-ying's face and the sparkle in Lady Catherine's eyes grew. The General however, had turned beat red and he clutched his helmet within both of his hands until his knuckles were white.
Through clenched teeth he spoke.
“So you are all in agreement then?”
“It would appear so General”, Koenma answered.
The General huffed highly annoyed and angry and crossed his arms across his armor-plated chest.
“Then fools you are now and fools you will soon die. There are few things that can stand up to the First Demons and I know that not a single one of them are you weaklings!”
Hiei grit his teeth and found that the image of running the ghostly General through with his sword pleased him. Probably more than it should have. However someone beat him to it when a loud smack echoed through the air and all watched the General stumble backward and Lady Catherine's hand poised high where the General`s head once was.
It wasn't a blade in the gut but it would do. For now.
“That will be enough General.”
The Roman threw a glare at the older woman but did nothing.
Yusuke spoke up.
“Alright so the gist of this whole thing is that we'll end fighting the oldest most powerful demons that ever walked the face of the earth, right?”
Lady Catherine nodded.
“Eventually.”
“Alright then what are we waiting for? Just point us in the direction and-”
“Slow down Detective. That's not the whole story. Please allow me to finish.”
Yusuke huffed and when he tried not to pout he failed miserably and forced it to look as manly as possible. Kurama, Hiei, and Kuwabara chuckled because it made him look like he was trying to shit a boulder.
When she was sure that all were listening Lady Catherine began again, only to be interrupted by the sudden shift in Lady Hui-ying's spiritual energy.
In the softest voice it seemed she could manage Lady Hui-ying spoke.
“I believe we must sadly postpone this meeting.”
“What is it,” the General gruffed.
“The Guardian Family of Humility, they have been found by The Descendants. We must move quickly.”
Koenma looked to Lady Catherine.
“How can my Detectives be of service?”
Lady Catherine looked over the four young men and knew in her heart, although nonexistent, that they were no where near ready to face the Descendants now, however she could feel that even though they were miles apart they would someday be able to. With some help, if she had her way, they`d win too.
Right now though they were sadly only good for one thing.
The general scoffed again and through a wicked eye at the four detectives.
“The only thing this useless batch is good for is a bait.”
Koenma opened his mouth to protest but Botan beat him to it. She glided to him swiftly on her oar like an image of the Wicked Witch of the West in pink.
“Now see here you. All these boys are trying to do is help you because obviously you being dead and all isn`t going to help anybody, so I would suggest you either take it or leave it but you don't have a choice so suck it up and start being useful.”
Silence stretched and Yusuke and Kuwabara grew shit-eating grins.
Lady Catherine held an amused look at the ferry girl.
“Very courageous of you Botan-san.” She said as the ferry girl began to calm down.
Botan's cheeks took on a pink hue.
“However, although General Octavius is without a doubt crude in his words he is right. At this point the detectives can help us with very little.”
Botan receded back to her spot above Koenma's shoulder with her a sweat drop dripping low on her face, ignoring the General's smug face.
“However,” Lady Catherine began making sure she looked all of the Detectives in the eye. “If a distraction is what we need would you be open to assist us?”
Yusuke regarded the woman with a contemplative expression. His teammates' best interests in mind.
“Would we be going this alone?”
“No, there are seven stones, The Stones of Ecneconni, that are powerful enough to defeat the Descendants and thus seven warriors/guardians which are capable of utilizing the power the stones grant them.”
Kuwabara raised an eyebrow. “If there are guys out there who are supposed to fight the descendants where are they?”
Lady Catherine's expression grew dim and she turned her head to Lady Hui-ying.
The younger woman spoke softly when she replied.
“It is why we have come to ask for your help. You see, the Descendants have always sought after the stones and have killed anyone who has stood in their way. However, now they have an evil plot in mind and I fear it is the worst they could attempt, they are not only stealing the stones and killing those who oppose them but they are slaughtering anyone descended from a Guardian of Ecneconni. They are trying to eliminate our kind which is not only dangerous for us, but them as well.”
Kurama's face was stoic as he watched Lady Hui-ying. Her face was oddly familiar as though he'd seen it somewhere but only for a brief moment.
Yusuke spoke, “Just, how many of you are there?”
Lady Catherine shook her head. “Far too many of us to count. You see, the stones have been around almost since the dawning of time and thus have always needed guardians. There are millions of beings on Earth today who at least have one ancestor who was or is a guardian.”
“That's just it,” Lady Hui-ying spoke up, “They are killing those who haven't even heard, seen, or had contact with a Guardian. Those of Guardian descent who know nothing of their lineage. It isn`t right.”
Yusuke's expression was stoic. “No, it isn't. Is it Kuwabara?”
Kuwabara shook his head 'no'. “Not even close, right shorty?”
“They should have at least have a fighting chance before they die, you buffoon, isn't that obvious, Kurama?”
“Yes, indeed, someone should give them that chance.”
Yusuke nodded. So they were all in agreement.
“Did you have anything in mind or did we need to come up with that too?”
Lady Catherine smiled. She turned to Lady Hui-ying
“Have they sent out their enforcements?”
The young woman closed her eyes and seemed to be concentrating on something far away and for a few precious seconds Lady Hui-ying did not speak and the room went silent waiting.
Suddenly her eyes sprung open. “No, they are gathering a small number of the Deeslarrans. I don't believe they're expecting any opposition.”
Lady Catherine nodded. “As I thought.” She turned back to the Detectives. “How soon can you get to India?”
Botan jumped in, “As soon as I can pick them up from Am-…” She stopped herself before she could finish and threw a wary glance at her employer who raised an imploring eyebrow at her.
“Am?”, Koenma asked, “Am what?”
“From…” Botan trailed.
The General stared daggers at the ferry girl. “Spit it out girly!!! We ain't got all day!!!”
Botan rounded on the General don't you yell at me!! How can I finish when you don't let me!!! For your information they'll be in India as soon as I can get them from Amanuma's house.”
Koenma's curiosity peaked.
“Amanuma's what on earth are they doing over there I thought he was visiting his Grandmother in Kyoto?”
Botan looked pleadingly at Kurama and Yusuke.
“Well duh, Koenma he is!” Yusuke spoke up first, “but the bastard promised us an all night movie marathon if we came to see him. He was board out of his mind. Wasn't he guys?”
Yusuke threw glances around at his friends. Kurama and Kuwabara nodded.
Koenma still looked skeptical. His eyes came to rest on Hiei. “And you came too?”
The demon scoffed. “I'm standing here aren't I?”
Koenma paused to think but Hiei was standing right next to them meaning if Botan and the others said they were at Amanuma's that's probably where they were.
“Alright, hurry Botan there's not much time.”
Botan nodded and let loose a breath she hadn't been aware of holding. “Don't you worry Koenma sir there are several short cuts I can take through demon world to get there faster. They'll be there before you know it.”
“Don't just stand there woman hurry up!!!” The General ordered.
Before she could hit him with her oar Koenma forced her to leave, handing her a locator that would help her find the victims on her way out.
Kurama spoke up.
“What's the plan, Lady Catherine?”
Lady Catherine turned to the General.
“General?”
General Octavius nodded. “We, will fly ahead and alert the family of the danger. They will hide within the house until the Detectives arrive when it is safe we will lead them away.”
Hiei raised an eyebrow, “Why wait? It's too dangerous to just sit there.”
“As we speak a safe house is being prepared for the family. If we run too soon there will be no one to cover us and we have no where to hide them until the safe house is ready which should be set up by the time you guys arrive.” General explained. “Now when you arrive do not engage in an all out battle with the Deeslarrans, you will lose plain and simple. Do not try to mortally wound them it will not work. Defense is your offense, you are buying us time to escape keep their minds busy long enough for that to happen.”
Yusuke nodded.
“Will anyone be joining us?” Asked Kurama.
Lady Catherine nodded, “a call has been sent for aid within minutes of the Deeslarrans' arrival there should be someone there to assist. If there isn't try to hold out, if you can't then back down.”
Kuwabara started to nod but something seemed to make him freeze.
He turned from the screen to look swiftly around looking for what he felt.
“What's wrong Kuwabara?” Koenma asked slightly on edge.
Quickly he turned back to the screen grabbed the compact and brought it to his face. “Sorry, I think I feel Botan coming talk to you later, bye.”
Before anyone could say anything else Kuwabara snapped the compact shut ending the call.
Yusuke grabbed Kuwabara by the collar. “What the Hell Kuwabara? Why the Hell did you do that she wasn't finished?!”
Kuwabara said nothing but pointed off in the distance. The three other Detectives followed his finger to the glass walls of the waiting room where on the other side was the information desk, standing at the desk were four young women their backs to the waiting area.
Hiei, Yusuke, and Kurama could her the conversation. The women were looking for Saundra Brown, she'd been in a car accident.
The Nurse smiled, “I was just about to call you and inform you of the accident. The Doctor hasn't finished looking her over yet, but as soon as he is finished he will come to see you.”
The oldest of the women with close cropped black hair, light brown skin a round body and chocolate brown eyes fidgeted slightly, “have you seen her? Does she look okay?”
Sadly the Nurse shook her head `no'.
The one standing at the end of the line with black hair held in a clip at the back of her head, a tall round body and piercing dark brown, almost black eyes, looked the Nurse over almost trying to assess what she said as truth. She spoke next. “Did they find the people that did this? Are they here in the hospital too?”
The Nurse shook her head `no' again. “There was no one else involved in the crash.”
Silence.
“If you'd like to sit in our waiting rooms for the Doctor please do so it's right through there.”
Kuwabara ripped his shirt out of Yusuke's grip. “I don't think we should stick around. If they know who we are they'll recognize us.”
Hiei scoffed. “That's the smartest thing you've said all day.”
The carrot top was just about to reply when the bubbly ferry girl Botan sailed in through the wall.
Kurama sighed, “you've never had better timing Botan.”
“Why Kurama I'm always on time.” She smiled as she waved them onto her oar which grew longer for the occasion.
Yusuke scoffed, “Yeah, when people are dying.”
Just as the four young women were turning from the Information desk the last of Detectives climbed on the oar and Botan lifted them up through the ceiling and out into the sky.
Wind wooshing past them Botan had to scream to be heard.
“Why on Earth were you in a hospital?! No one's hurt are they?!”
“We'll explain later! How long will it take us to get to India?!” Kurama replied sitting directly behind her.
“Not long! But you need to hang on tight!”
All four boys took her word for it and gripped the oar for dear life.