Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ My Mother Moon ❯ Escaping ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own any of these characters except for the girl, well that and the way Yusu acts when he turns wolf.

Key
*thinking*
"talking"
~POV's~
-flashbacks-
`wolf instinct`
(poem)
'Kyura's conscience and a substute for italics, you'll know the difference.'
::scene::

Chapter Five: Escaping

(Freedom, I always seek freedom. Mother, your curse,
my curse, it haunts me, and my freedom is lost because
of your curse. The humans hate me, the no-lives as well,
my pack is dead, so what am I to do?
Why do you torment me so?)-Julia

::Kyura's home::

~Yusuke~

*I can't stay here, it'd only end in disaster.* I think, packing what little I had with me, a spare set of clothing Kyura had given me, and the meat that I had never eaten. I knew she'd never know I had left, I could sense she was asleep. I lay my note atop the rolled futon, removing one of my fangs and placing it with the note as well, it wouldn't matter, my fang would be back before I got out the door. They grew like weeds.. I knew my disappearance wouldn't be discovered until morning, and by then I'd be long gone. I was going to do the world a favor and finish what I started on the night I saved that no-life. No, now it's proper to call her by her true name, since I'll never see her again, I'll say on the night I saved Kyura...

`You're making a big mistake, Yusuke.`

*I don't care, this is my decision and you aren't going to influence me otherwise.*

`You think doing this will save that no-life?!`

*No, but I know that it will save her from me.*

`I'm not going to--!`

I clutch my necklace tightly, sighing as my wolf instinct quiets.

"You don't have a say in the matter, I am me and you are just a piece
that came with the transformation, I decide my own fate." I say to myself,
slipping on my pack and sneaking silently from the house. The first thing I noticed
was that it was cold, wintery weather and snow fell from the dark sky, beautifully
illuminated by the quarter moon.

::Going through barrier and into forest::

I decided to eat that meat I'd packed before it spoiled, I take it out and promptly
devour it, then continue my trek into the forest. Or I at least tried to, Kyura had put
up a barrier. I growl silently, sighing a bit as I push through it, ignoring the intense
pressure and the feeling of my soul being torn from my body and emerge on the
other side, for the most part unharmed. That barrier may have killed a human, a
fledgling lycan or no-life, but not me, I had at least 400+ years under my belt. I continue
sniffing out the river, and listening for the sound of water.

::Kyura's home::

~Author~

Kyura gasps and bolts awake as she feels something pressing at the barrier, going through it
and finally getting to the other side. However, she doesn't know which side, she just knows
something got through, and that Yusuke could be in potential danger.

*Yusuke.*

She hops out of the bed and rushes as fast as she downstairs, looking around for the wolf boy.

"Yusuke?!" she yells, searching frantically around the room for him, until she spots his rolled futon,
the paper atop it and the slightly bloodied fang gleaming in the moonlight. She rushes over and picks up
the note. It says:

Kyura,

Once you have found and throughly read this I shall be dead, to put it bluntly. If you hadn't have had that
silver dagger you would probably be dead right now, I don't want to risk hurting someone else I care for,
so I'm leaving. I'm going to finish what I started on the night I met you, don't come after me, nothing could
be worse than having you there to witness my death.I hope you'll be happy, don't let the hunters catch you.

Sayonara,

Yusuke.

Kyura growls, crushing the note in her clawed hand, clutching said hand so tightly the her claws draw blood.
She doesn't notice and if she did she doesn't care.

*Yusuke, you baka.* she thinks, cursing under he breath as she races from the house, through the barrier and
into the forest after him.

::In forest::

~Kyura~

What was he thinking, he knew I wouldn't let him do this, I loved-...no, I am only in debt to him for saving me, once he got better
I was going to kick him out anyway, why should I care what he does?

'You love him.' a voice whispers in the back of her mind.

*No, I don't.*

'Don't be so stubborn, you know you have feelings for him, if you didn't you wouldn't have given a damn and left him to die. He reminds you
of 'him' doesn't he?' the voice asks slyly.

*Be quiet, I don't care for that lycan and I never will.* she replies, trying to ignore the voice.

::At night in a town, somewhere before we actually had electricity in the streetlamps, and were stuck with bow and arrows as weapons::

-Flashback-

- "Kyura! Come on, we're going to be late!" a boy that looks 15, yells to her, his fangs bared in a grin. Kyura smirks, rushing up to him.

"Yeah, yeah, it's not like our dinner's going anywhere, stupid lycan." she says playfully, smirking as the boy frowns.

He suddenly smirks back at her, pulling her close and placing a chaste kiss on her lips. He then turns to run.

"Catch me if ya can, stupid no-life!" he tells her, laughing as he takes off through the dark streets, his steps echoing on the cobblestones. The ecstatic lycan not noticing the hunter that lurked behind the lamposts in shadow. Kyura yells for him to turn back, seeing the hunter's movements as the wolf boy turns to her. The question he was about to ask frozen on his lips as an arrow pierces through the left side of his chest, through his heart. He coughs, sinking to the ground and ripping the arrow from the wound, blood weaving itself up into his mouth and being hacked down onto the cobblestones. Kyura starts to go help her injured friend and the hunter turns to flee, but Kyura spots him. He's ripped to shreds by her and she turns to tend to the boy, he lay still on the ground, his chest heaving, every breath sending waves of pain through his body and, he looks up at Kyura as she kneels next to him.

"Hey." he tells her, trying to sound cocky as hacks up blood, it dribbles down the side of his mouth like a mini river and some splatters on Kyura's face. "Sorry, what's wrong, no-life?" he asks, Kyura's tears dripping down onto his face.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't, I couldn't do anything to-!" she's cut off as he reaches up and gently wipes away her tears, some of them tinted pink from mixing with his blood. His golden eyes reflect pain and pure forgiveness.

"Shh, it wasn't your fault." he replies, putting a finger on her lips to stop her from saying anymore. "It's 'not' and if you tell me it is then you're wrong." He runs his hands through her hair gently, his blood now pooling on the ground underneath him, staining the path a deep scarlet as he struggles to sit up. He fails, almost falling back to the earth, but ending up cradled in her arms.

"Tanyu, you can't die, please don't leave me, I don't know how I could-." she's cut off once more, the boy, now dubbed Tanyu, mumuring his reply into her hair.

"You'll live. You can't just die because of me, now please, free me from this." he tells her, turning his head to cough so his blood wouldn't stain his friend's soft black hair.

"You don't mean-"

"Yes, please Kyura." he pulls away from her, kissing her deeply before leaning back onto her shoulder, his breathing severely labored. Kyura starts to cry new tears, the salty droplets soaking into the back of the dying boy's shirt. "Free me."

Kyura nods sorrowfully, lengthening her fangs and burying them into his neck, draining away what little life force he had left.

"Goodbye Tanyu, I'll never forget you." she tells him sadly as his eyes slowly dim. He leans against her, his body begining to go limp.

"I know, never will I....goodbye Kyura. Aishiteru." he replies, smiling as his flame finally extingushes. Kyura's tears don't cease as she hugs his body to her, until late in the night she finally gets up, carrying his body out into the graveyard. She unearths a very old coffin and blows out the dust of the previous occupant, laying Tanyu down into the soft satin and brushing the silken brown hair from his face. She cries as she puts the coffin back into the ground, scratching his name into the back of the tombstone, and resolving to leave that town now, to get away from the now unpleasant memories.-

-End Flashback-

::Back in the forest::

~Kyura~

*No, I don't, I don't care for that lycan and I never will care for another again. Not after that.* she tells the voice, still running after Yusuke.

'So you say.' the voice replies slyly.

*I do, now shut it.*

The voice doesn't reply, Kyura sighing as she tries to sense Yusuke.

~Yusuke~

*Doesn't she ever listen? I told her not to follow, to stay, but no, she has to follow and try to save me.* I think heatedly, sensing her ki as I stand on the railing of the bridge.

"Oh well, it doesn't matter, she'll be too late anyway." I tell myself, jumping off into the water. Or I tried to, something tackled me before I could hit the water and came with me over to the shore, landing ontop of me, pinning me to the ground.

"What the heck do you think you're doing?!" a voice that came from whatever was atop me yelled and cotinued yelling at me. I finally figured out it was Kyura, and turned my head to the side and just lay there, not struggling, just listening to her curse my family and telling me various reasons why I couldn't die and how much of a baka I was for even attempting this while I was with her. I finally pushed her off me and glared at her.

"Why?! It's not like you care what I do!" I yell, standing up and trying to walk away. She tackles me again, hissing her reply in my ear.

"You can think whatever you want, but I'm not letting you die." she tells me, I struggle underneath her, trying to push her off, and I feel a sharp pain on the back of my head, sinking into darkness.

~Kyura~

I sigh, picking up the unconscious lycan and taking him back home. I return and strengthen the barrier so that he couldn't pas through it anymore, then I go back in, setting him down so as to unroll the futon and put him back down onto it, pulling the covers up to his chin. He reminded me so much of Tanyu, his face, but they were complete opposites, yet, I could open my heart once more to try and love this lycan.

'You already do.'the voice tells me.

*Maybe, but let me decide.* I reply, picking up his fang and takng it upstairs to place next to Tanyu's faded photo. I trail my hand across the worn frame once more and sigh, crawling back under the covers to try and sleep.
........................................................................ ..............................................................
A/n: Love it, hate it? Drop a review, all flames will be used to cook ramen and burn Kikyou.