Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ My Mother Moon ❯ The Attack ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own any of these characters except for the girl.


Key
*thinking*
"talking"
~POV's~
-flashbacks-
`wolf instinct`
(poem)

Chapter Six: The Attack

(Oh Mother, you hate your cursed child?
The child that shuns your light? Ha, Mother
you always interfere, you purposely hid
your light, this night to see your disobedient
child pay.) -Julia

::In the forest::

~Yusuke~

Well this sucked. It really sucked, it sucked so bad that cats, dogs, or any other type of animal would be hiding in fear. You know what sucked? We were surrounded by hunters, and no, not just no-life hunters, lycan hunters too. What freaking joy, can't even enjoy a trip from the store without having to worry about dying. Yeah, I know I'm contradicting what I've tried to do earlier, but I don't care so shut up. To make matters more suckish, yeah, suckish, screw correct grammer ok? The sun was going down and there was not a full moon tonight, but I would still have to transform to take out these hunters. Sucks, sucks, sucks.

~Kyura~

Why tonight? Why to-freaking-night?

All I had wanted to do was go to the store and get some food for myself and this ungrateful lycan beside me, but 'noooo', hunters 'had' to attack. Well, I couldn't say this would be easy, but it wouldn't be difficult either. After all, you don't live for hundreds of thousands of years and not pick up basic defense against...well, everything. I start off with a roundhouse kick to the side of one unfortunate man's jaw, smiling as I hear the bone snap effectively, neatly, and he crumples.

I continue my assault, making my way through the rest, sensing Yusuke doing the same, but then I hear a whining growl from him and turn.

"Aw....man. Someone just shoot me now." I say, groaning, Yusuke had went all out berserker on me, that strange color had come back into his eyes, red eyes with golden irises. *It frightens me.* I think, while I watch him get sheer joy from tearing apart a hunter, and then backhanding another so hard that it shatters his skull. I continue fighting, deciding that if he tries attacking me after we finish, then I would deal with him.

~Yusuke~

`Are you going to finally let me off that damned no-life?`

*No.*

`It wouldn't take much effort to fully possess you while we are merged like this.`

*You wouldn't dare, besides, the necklace keeps you at bay.*

`True, but if the seal is broken...`

*Which you also can't do.*

`Ah, but do you truly know that?`

*I'd like to see you try.*

`In due time, in due time...`

I growl as I finish with the hunters, and, although I have been throughly poisoned by their silver, I manage to revert back without fainting in the process. Kyura comes over to me slowly, her guard up.

*Great, now she's afraid of me.* I think, rolling my eyes mentally.

"Are you okay Yusuke?" she asks, putting a hand on my shoulder.

I snort, shaking my head 'no'.

"Not even close to it. They have super bad silver weapons, it's something I've never encountered before-" I say, before having to stop talking as I start coughing violently, putting a hand to a wound on my chest. Kyura notices, gently pulling my hand away, and gasping. I look down as well, a growl rising up deep in my throat as something overwhelms my senses, and I stumble backwards. What was this? I'm only vaguely aware of Kyura steadying me, and then just nothing, like someone clicked the off switch in my body.

~Kyura~

I didn't understand what was wrong with him until I saw that wound on his chest, that was vampiric technology, so how had the hunters gotten ahold of it? Before my clan had dropped me they had been working on an experimental new weapon to kill lycanthropes, it was called 'S.A', and was a poison that they coated the fighter's weapons in. When it entered the enemies body it was supposed to quickly spread through the viens, causing instant death, but something went wrong, and it was a slow acting poison. It caused the enemy severe pain, nausea, bouts of unconsciousness, shaking, dilerium, and numbness in the first stage. In the second stage there are general flu like symptoms coupled with amnesia, the third stage the victim seems completely fine, and in the fourth...well no need to explain that ne? They wouldn't fully die from it until a day after the third stage, when it finished infecting the organs and began to eat away at them, but strangely there was no pain in that period. The only known antidote was an extremely rare plant found only in 'underground deserts' whatever they are, and the only person who knew how to find these 'deserts' was killed more than 5 years ago.

"What am I going to do?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/n: T_T....I kinda wrote myself into a corner w/ this story, gonna try and get out though! Yes, I know the chappie's short. Sorry for the long wait for an update! T_T. It's all the school's fault, evil teachers are giving us too many projects!!! Review, review, review!