Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Never Me ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Never Me

A One-Shot By SnowLion no Miko

~*~

Disclaimer: I don`t own Yu Yu Hakusho or any of its characters.

~*~

I sat on my oar, looking down at the civilians on earth. Then I happened to see Yusuke and Keiko in the park taking a walk together.

I see how you look at her Yusuke, it makes me feel sad. But I know that you two love each other. I see you hug her. I wish I could be the one in your arms instead of her, but I know you love her.

I remember when you first came to Spirit World. Of course I thought you were attractive. But why, why did my feelings for you grow? I know it can never be. I wish it could be. But it won`t.

When you fought against Rando, when you were almost killed, I didn`t want to see you die in front of my eyes. It would hurt me more that seeing you with Keiko.

But here you are with Keiko, sharing ice cream with each other. You two sit on a bench in front of a tree. You get some on you nose and Keiko wipes it off and plants a kiss on your cheek. I wish I could be Keiko right now. I know where you heart is, with her. Not me.

And it will never be me.

No matter how hard I try, it will never be me. When Keiko first met me, she thought I was your girlfriend. I still remember the look on her face. I should have told her that I wasn`t, but part of me wanted to say that I was. I hate this, I feel empty inside. I feel tears well up in the corners of my eyes.

I guess this is what love does to you. Yeah, "love." It`s a funny little thing. The way it can cause happiness to some and hurt to others. Too bad it never happened to me. Maybe in the future, but I want to be with Yusuke. Not Koenma, not Hiei, not Kuwabara, not even Kurama. I want to be with Yusuke, just Yusuke, and only Yusuke. No one else.

When you fought Toguro, I was praying that you would win. Somehow I knew you were going to win. Then when you actually won, I felt like kissing you. That`s when my feelings grew even more. They made my heart long for you.

You look at Keiko. I see your lips touch hers. That kiss made my heart break. Not just break, it was shattered into a million pieces.

I did want you to hold me in your arms, but you love another. Keiko Yukimura. Of course you love her. What`s not to love? She`s smart. She`s pretty. She`s nice.

She is the complete opposite of me.

"Botan, are you okay?" I hear a voice. I then look down to see Kurama staring up at me. I quickly wipe tears from my eyes.

"Yes, I`m fine." The truth was I wasn`t fine. I was hurting inside, and I don`t think even Kurama can make me feel better.

I floated down to him on my oar, only him and Yusuke could see me. I was not in my human form. "Hey Kurama." I said to him, trying to hold the tears back.

"You look sad, what`s wrong?" He asked, his voice full of concern.

"It`s nothing, Kurama." I lied. "I was just thinking."

"Here." Kurama said holding out his hand. A red light of his Spirit Energy collected in his hand and formed a red rose. It was the most beautiful rose I have ever seen.

"T-Thanks." I studdered and took the rose out of his hand. I was never this nervous around Kurama before. Why now.

"I hope you feel better." Kurama said and walked away.

"I hope I do too." I said quietly, a light blush on my cheeks.

~*~

The End

~*~