Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Nightmares or Dreams? ❯ Nightmare ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Yarisha: IT”S ME AGAIN! I wanna try to write my very first songfic! I don't really like how It came out irl but oh well. Please no flames.
 
Yasuo: We'd like to thank you for taking time out of your pitiful life to read our pitiful fic. …WE HOPE YOU LIKE IT! ^_^
 
Yarisha: Sorry. He's sugar high today. Anywho, please do the disclaimer Yusuke.
 
Yusuke: All right. Disclaimer: Yarisha does not own Kurama, Youko, or Kuronue. Nor does she own Linkin' Park or the song. She, in fact, has been known to sit in a window and beg for money. She's totally broke.
 
Yarisha: That's a lie… Anywho. Enjoy!
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
~ It starts with one
One this I don't know why
It doesn't even matter how hard you try
Keep that in mind
I designed this rhyme
To explain in due time
All I know ~
 
It was another one of those sleepless nights for him and Kurama. Where his memory replayed his worst nightmare of Kuronue's death and the imposter who made Kuronue seem untrustworthy and cruel. We both remember each detail of the dream in scale. After a certain scene my human body, Kurama, had shoot up in shock and fear. He was drenched in sweat that still was from the nightmare. He rubs his face while his body was shaking uncontrollably with horror and fright. I did my best to soothe him with telepathic words through his mind, but even I was reeling from it. The dream was so vivid, so real, it scared both Kurama and I. In the dream, it was a silent night like this. Even the animals made no sound, as if waiting for something or someone.
 
~ Time is a valuable thing
Watch it fly by
As the pendulum swings
Watch it count down
To the end of the day
The clock ticks like away
It's so unreal ~
 
Kuronue and I had just stolen a precious mirror, which would allow us to watch or rather look at our enemy's plans or actions. We had just taken leave of the castle we stole it from, and were running hard and fast. Kuronue's lovely ruby pendent, suspended from his slightly pale neck, was swinging rhythmically to his strides. We ran harder as we heard the demon guards behind us. And then, suddenly, your precious pendent that your father had given you, the pendent that held a great power, fell. It's chain snapped by something, someone. You, as the fool you are, jumped to a bamboo stalk and ricocheted off of it toward the place your pendent had fell. “Kuronue! Come back! We don't have time!” I yelled at you as I skidded to a halt a little ways ahead. You glanced back as you ran. “No! I need it, Youko! Just wait a minute!” I watched. You stopped by it and reached forward, and then it all happened so slowly. You cry out as a bamboo stalk suddenly shoots up and pierces your ankle all the way through. My eyes widen and I shout your name fiercely as several more stalks pierce your lovely figure. I try to command the bamboo to let you go but in vain. Your blood flows everywhere now, freely. “Run, Youko! Don't worry about me! Go!” You shout at me as the guards draw ever closer. I called to you again, forlornly, as I take off swiftly, running…away.
 
~ Didn't look out below
Watch the time go right out
The window
Trying to hold on
Didn't even know
I wasted it all
Just to watch you go
I kept everything inside
And even though I tried
It all felt apart
What it meant to me
Will eventually be
A memory ~
 
I ran through the forest, further and further away from you. Further and further away from one I loved. I could still hear your pained screams clearly behind me, somewhere. I had to choke back my sobs of sadness, and uncertainty, and fear of what would happen now. And as your youki and life energy disappear from my senses I know what has happened. I stop to cry out sharply in a pained howl of your name. So many ravens… Tears fell from my eyes and face as I looked into the sky at the flying beasts. You were often called the Raven, and even Black Rose, for you were as me. Perhaps even my brother, but of course to me you were as a wanted lover, even though I would never say this to you. As I hear another scream this is where my human side, Kurama, wakes up, and is drenched in sweat and is panting hard, gasping for air. Soon, though, we would be lying down again as I soothe him with my mind words. Soon he falls asleep, and I fall back to the dream.
 
~ Of a time
I tried so hard
And got so far
And in the end
It doesn't even matter
I had to fall
To lose it all
But in the end
It doesn't even matter
One thing
I don't know why
It doesn't even matter how hard you try ~
 
This time I run blindingly at the edge of a forest being chased by a human hunter holding a simple rifle. He wants to kill me and take my hide for stealing something of his. I understand why. I bet you would be very surprised to learn of the `mask' I wore to hide my emotions after your…death. I bet you would also be shocked to learn that I went on stealing after my partner's death. But simply it was something I could not stop, a habit maybe? And now I ran, Youko Kurama, the infamous thief ran from a human who could end his life with the pull of a trigger and the demon ran away as a fox. You would have laughed at this for sure, and I know you would have, Kuronue. But soon my swift stride wavered and the hunter took this time to fire, and I was hit. I yelped at the pain and knew soon I would die from blood lose and such. As I neared my body's last minutes and took to my spirit, or rather essence form and searched out the human realm. There I took refuge in a female human that would soon have a child, half human and half demon.
 
~ Keep that in mind
I designed this rhyme
To remind myself
How I tried so hard
In spite of the way you were mocking me
Acting like I was part of your property
Remembering all the times you fought with me
I'm surprised they've got so far
Things aren't the way the were before
You wouldn't even recognize me anymore
Not that you knew me back then
But it all comes back to me
In the end! ~
 
Sometimes I think, during the dream, that if you had suddenly came back, you'd be surprised. I changed much after your sudden death. Things like my body, now not `mine' or demon, and my personality, and even my attitude toward the lesser beings called humans have changed. I wonder what you would say. But during one part, such an idea happened, like now, here I stand before you, or what I thought was you, in Kurama's fragile human body. You just stand there in a relaxed and bored way, swinging your scythe, easily. I gap at you and wonder how you, a dead man, could walk among the living. You were as live as I was, standing there before me. I call to you in a shaking and light voice compared to my deep demon voice. “Kuronue?” You smirk at me and say that I have changed so much since I had abandoned you in the bamboo jungle. My shock is replaced by anger at that moment. I yell at you, saying I had never left you behind, and I would never leave you willingly. I say that you told me to go and ride away with the mirror. I tell you of my grieving of your death and such, but you would hear none of it. And at some point you made a point out of mocking some of the things I had to say. It was odd.
 
~ You kept everything inside
And even though I tried
It all fell apart
What it meant to me
Will eventually be
A memory
Of a time
I tried so hard ~
 
My mind was reeling as I tried to convince you that I had not left out of choice. That I had not deserted you because you were weak. But each time you lied in snake-tongue way, or rather simply said something utterly untrue. I would fight back with the truth of what had happened. Then suddenly you ask me about the human body I carry now. You ask me about Kurama, also. I explain to you, calming down, about the hunter and my choice. Kurama…I tell you about him, and how close we have become, and how human I have become. You stare at me blankly, waiting for something. I wait for your response that would probably never come, or would it? Your scythe slows suddenly and you begin to spin it, and realization hits me. You were ready to attack me. ME! Youko Kurama, your partner who has always been at your side. Who stole with you? And now you stood before me, and were poised to attack.
 
~ And got so far
Bui in the end
It doesn't even matter
I had to fall
To lose it all
But in the end
It doesn't even matter
I've put my trust in you
Pushed as far as I can go
For all this
There's only one thing
You should know ~
 
I frown as I pull a rose from Kurama's smooth, red hair. You smile at me, or was it a smirk. I wait for your attack, though I need not wait long. You throw your scythe at me but I dodge it easily and turn my rose into a rose whip. You jump after me as your scythe returns and as I land on about a foot away from my original standing point. You grin and throw the scythe at me again as I back up into a wall. It misses me purposely as I am trapped between my death and the wall. You smirk again as you slam your hands on either side of my head and use your body to push me against the wall. I squirm, uncomfortably and scream out. I push him off and turn my rose whip into a sword and stab you straight in the heart. I make your death, quick and painless compared to your jungle one. You or rather, he, reverts back to his original form. I gasp, correction we gasp. We were so sure it was you. We were so confident you had come for me, to help me return to the demon realm and life I had left behind. And now we stand here as your imposter dies at our feet. How hilarious.
 
~ You kept everything inside
And even though I tried
It all fell apart
What it meant to me
Will eventually be
A memory
Of a time
I tried so hard ~
 
I bet if you heard this you would be laughing insanely. By then I would have probably drop kicked your face while smiling happily. Hm. In the dream, after the imposter died of course, I am taken back to my apartment. Actually it was Yusuke's apartment, but who cares? Then before I can even sit down on the couch, the dream switches it's scene to Kurama's human room, in the house his mother owns. We are in bed again. I begin to wonder if we are still dreaming or if we have woken again. I hear taping off from somewhere. I…we look up toward the window, as Kurama's body reverts to my demon form. My form with it seven feet tall and has long, straight, silver hair. I stand up and take to the window. I pull away the dark green curtains and see you sitting on the window ledge outside. I jump back away from you. You simply smirk at me, and tap. “Open.” You say in a gentle honey voice. I nod dumbly and move toward the window again and open it. I then step away again and you jump in. I stare at you in shock and again you grin at me. “I'm back, Youko. Are you…surprised?”
 
~ And got so far
But in the end
It doesn't even matter
I had to fall
To lose it all
But in the end
It doesn't even matter
I've put my trust in you
Pushed as far
As I could go ~
 
I double blink at you as I think your question over. I grin at you. “Well, considering you appear at my…Kurama's window, in the middle of the night. But…since this is a dream and I'm probably going to awaken soon, it doesn't really matter. I shall not get my hopes up that you are truly here.” I fold my arm's over my chest and look away. Your eyes harden for just a moment till they soften. You smile and look me over. “How…can I prove that this…dream isn't as it seems? How can I make you believe I am truly here and not just a figment of your human…imagination? Tell me, Youko.” I stare at you again. I could not think of anything that could convince me you were here. “I don't know. I cannot think of anything, Kuronue, which could prove your existence. Because I saw your passing and felt it, also. I heard your last cries. There is no way to prove you are here.” You frown slightly at me and then you tug on your dark vest to adjust it for your even darker bat wings. You walk to my desk and sit down silently. You stare at me, thinking possibly. “Hm. Well I might as well tell you why I am here. Even if you do not believe it.” I nod and sit down on Kurama's bed. “Yes, go ahead and tell me, if you must.”
 
~ For all this
There's only one thing
You should know
I've put my trust in you
Pushed as far
As I can go
For all this
There's only one thing
You should know ~
 
You shift in your seat and then begin. “I was sent by lord,” You shiver slightly at the title of your worst enemy. “Koenma. I am to help you, Kurama, and your spirit team to defeat an enemy more gruesome than Sensei himself. Hmph. Ah well, he brought me back to help you. I think he finally did something right.” I laugh quietly at your sarcasm and you grin. You continue on, “And now I sit here before you thinking of a way to convince you that I am really here.” I frown slightly, as you stand up. “Don't they say, that in dreams, you can feel nothing?” You inquiry. I blink and nod my head. “I suppose that is true.” You smile and draw to a halt in front of me and bend down. “Then I shall prove that you are not dreaming.” You hook a finger under my chin and lift my face up. I double blink at you in confusion. “Kuronue?” I call to you. You smile again and lean toward me. I try to call your name but am quickly silenced as you lips meet mine in a hesitant kiss. My eyes widen then slip shut, as I begin to relax. You pull back and smile lightly, as I begin to open my eyes again. “There, I have proven to both you and Kurama, that I am not part of a dream.” Before I can answer back, you have disappeared through my open window. I sigh as I get up and walk toward the window, and lean on it. I touch my lips and smile. “Perhaps when you try hard enough to believe what you have lost is really gone, it will come back.” I move toward Kurama's bed again and lay down, falling asleep once more, peaceful.
 
~ I tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn't even matter
I had to fall
To lose it all
But in the end
It doesn't even matter… ~
 
*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*
 
Song: In the End
Band: Linkin' Park
Lyrics: Form CD
 
Yarisha: Okay…I really~ don't like the way the songfic came out, but what can you do. Hope ya liked it.
 
Yasuo: In the end…I wanted to hurl. I hate the Kuronue and Youko/Kurama pairing. It's so…demony meets humany-demony. Blah.
 
Yarisha: SOME people like it. Like me! ^_^ Okay. Since it's my first songfic review if ya liked it. NO FLAMES PLZ! T_T