Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Not Such a Weakling Afterall ❯ The Beginning ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

[Disclaimer: I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho. If I did I would make Hiei taller by at least eight inches (taller than me) ^_____^;]
 
Okay, I know that there aren't many HieixBotan fics around and none of them so far have Botan as anything but a weak, simpering girly-girl so this is my contribution for tough girls everywhere. I know my best friends will kill me for putting those two together but…ENJOY!!!!
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&
 
Not Such a Weakling After All
 
Chapter 1: The Beginning
 
“AW SHUT UP!!!” yelled a severely ticked off Botan.
 
The two boys in front of her just stared. Well, the tall orange-haired boy starred. The short black-haired boy he had been swapping insults with for the past THREE HOURS, just glowered. If looks could kill…Botan's would win!
 
“Kuwabara!” she said to the tall boy, “We all know you think Hiei is a short and irritable git and I won't deny that that is true sometimes. However, there is no way you could defeat him in battle! Hiei!” she yelled rounding on the short boy (who didn't cower like Kuwabara), “We also know that Kuwabara is a baka idiot! Everyone knows that and we don't need you pointing it out every five minutes!!”
 
Botan stood and panted for a moment as the redness in her face slowly ebbed. Then she settled herself back down into her recliner and began to read once more. She either didn't notice or didn't care about the dirty look she was receiving from Hiei or the terrified faces of the rest of the Rekai Tentai and their girlfriends.
 
The gang (Yusuke, Kuwabara, Hiei, Yukina, Keiko, Shizuru, etc.) had all met at Genkai's temple after school. Botan and Hiei were even at school to help Yusuke and the others find an increasingly powerful demon that was supposedly hiding out there. They had all been quite rowdy with the usual comments from Yusuke and the slapping from Keiko that followed but right now, even Yusuke had nothing stupid to say.
 
They all looked from Kuwabara looking brainless, to Botan, quietly reading in the armchair, to Hiei looking angry enough to kill. They were almost afraid for her life.
 
“Did you just tell me to `shut up'?” said Hiei menacingly quiet.
 
“Yes”, said Botan simply, not looking up from her book.
 
“No one tells me to shut up”, he said.
 
“Well it seems I just did so if you don't mind…” She trailed off.
 
Hiei pounced. He had her pinned to the floor with his katana at her throat before even Kurama could yell his name.
 
“Let this be a lesson to you onna” he said quietly into her ear, “don't mouth off to someone who can kill you as easily as I could without having some strength to back it up.”
 
As fast as lightning Botan flipped Hiei off of her, grabbed the katana and, before any protests could be made, rounded on Hiei. He, as you can imagine, was very…ahem, surprised.
 
“You should never try to stare down Death, or that is exactly what you'll meet up with,” she said solemnly, starring at Hiei with a look of calm fury.
 
When she saw that she would get no witty retort from the demon (it would be hard since his mouth was slightly open with surprise along with everyone else) she threw his katana at his feet. Then, much to everyone's surprise, she sat back down and began to read as if nothing had happened. Immediately the stupid laughter of Kuwabara was heard.
 
“HAHAHA!! Hiei got dissed by a girl!! He got beat by BOTAN!!! HAHAHAH!!!” he said idiotically and loudly.
 
“Kuwabara?” said Botan quietly.
 
“Yeah HAHAHAHAH Botan? HAHAHAH!!!” said Kuwabaka between bursts of laughter.
 
“Didn't I tell you to SHUT YOUR PIE-HOLE!!!” she screamed making Kazuma turn into a little chibi.
 
Kuwabara promptly ran out of the room, crying and screaming like a baby. Then there was more silence.
 
“Well, now that that…ahem…distraction is gone”, Kurama said politely, “Botan, would you be so kind as to tell us how you learned to defend yourself?”
 
“Yeah you could have totally kicked Hiei's butt!! Uh…I mean I want to know too. HeHeHe!” said Yusuke, looking uncomfortable about Hiei's increasingly evil glare (A/N: Who wouldn't? That glare is SCARY!!).
 
“Well I have been watching spirit detectives and demons fight for thousands of years. You don't think I could bet on fighters with the ogres without learning some techniques?” she replied calmly.
 
“So that's what you do when we're getting killed out there!!” yelled Yusuke.
 
Botan placed her hand behind her head and smiled sheepishly.
 
“Well Botan” commented Kurama, “I think you should come train with us tomorrow. I believe we all want to see what you can do.”
 
“Yeah! I want to see you put Hiei in his place again!” yelled Yusuke.
 
“Watch it human”, said Hiei quietly.
 
“Well…I suppose it couldn't hurt!” said Botan happily, “Besides I need some practice anyway! Four hundred years without a sparring partner is definitely too long.””
 
“All right!! Now I can just rest while everyone talks to Botan!! I won't have to work! Uh…did I just say that out loud?” said Yusuke.
 
“Just for that”, interjected Genkai calmly, “I'm going to make you do twice the drills.”
 
“Aww you old Hag!! You're going to kill me!”
 
“Maybe, now move it, Dimwit! You need your sleep!”
 
“Fine…” mumbled Yusuke, thoroughly defeated.
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&
 
[I know, I know! That totally sucked!! Please don't kill me! Don't worry the next chapter will be better…I hope! **sweatdrop** Anyway if you want the next chapter to be less crappy then read and review! Thank you! ^___^…Also I don't hate Kuwabara. He was my favorite character for a while but I needed someone to be the stupid patsy that I could make jokes about. Kuwabara just fit the bill.^___^;;]