Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Not Such a Weakling Afterall ❯ Fight to the Finish ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

[Disclaimer: If I owned YYH than do you actually think I would be wasting my time writing this for free when I could write this for a few hundred thousand dollars? Please!]
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&
 
Not Such A Weakling After All
 
Chapter 3: Fight to the Finish
 
It was a cold morning and the wind whipped around Botan as she shivered silently in the darkness. The sky had just begun to show some signs of lighting and she had sat down on a small cliff to watch. It was beautiful.
 
Her eyes sparkled as the amazing colors of the dawn were reflected in them. The black sky turned slowly to gray than purple and midnight blue. The reds and oranges flared soon after like an atmospheric explosion. She had always been fascinated by the dawn and the sunset. Botan was always the first up in Rekai and she was the first one on the portal to Ningenkai to see the sunrise every morning. She would sit alone on a little hill and watch. The deity loved it.
 
A hand clasping on her shoulder suddenly awoke her from her blissful state with a start.
 
“Ah!” she cried, jumping a bit and turning, “Oh it's you Hiei. You scared me!”
 
“Hn,” he scoffed, “You can't even keep your guard up while sitting there. Pathetic.”
 
She glared fiercely at him.
 
“I am not! I just love the sunrise that's all! I don't want to have my guard up all the time!” she cried indignantly.
 
“Weakling,” he mumbled back but didn't leave her a chance to get mad as he jumped a few feet away.
 
“Well,” he told her impatiently, “Aren't you going to put up a fighting stance? Or should I take that as a surrender?”
 
She glared again and growled slightly but took her stance nonetheless. His cold eyes took an even colder façade as he charged her. She dodged but it was still pretty close. Hiei was a lot more serious than the other guys were. She guessed he was still mad about the whole `shutting up incident'.
 
Botan went into the offensive. She swung at his face, missing by inches but before he could counter the ferry girl kicked him hard in the stomach. He flinched and stumbled a little but composed himself quick enough to land a punch in her jaw. She staggered away clutching her cheek.
 
They went at it again. Volley after volley of punches and kicks were repeatedly thrown at each other. To a passerby they would be a multi-colored blur, but no matter how hard they punched no one seemed to gain.
 
“I believe we're pretty evenly matched in this field”, Hiei told her, panting somewhat, “Shall we try weapons for a while?”
 
“Whatever you want”, she replied as sweat formed on her forehead.
 
Hiei pulled out his katana and set up a new stance, watching Botan interestedly. She wasn't carrying a sheath and he was curious to where the deity had stored her weapon (he wasn't there when they explained about her weapons). She closed her eyes for a moment, hands out stretched, then a long sword appeared in her right hand. It was a typical sword with a red handle and flames painted down the sides of the blade.
 
Hiei smirked. Swordsmanship was his specialty. He couldn't lose. She attacked first with a series of slashes and other more complicated moves. He dodged and/or blocked them and was surprised with the amount of power they contained. She wasn't stronger than he was by a long shot but she was just as skilled.
 
Hiei became frustrated. Even though she was getting tired while he was still filled with energy they were always at a standstill. Spirit attacks were their only thing left to try. He looked at her a moment and she seemed to understand. She jumped back a few feet and dematerialized her katana as he sheathed his once more.
 
“Fist of the Mortal Flame!!” Hiei cried as his fist glowed red and he started running at her. (A/N: I think that's what it's called)
 
She stood for a moment with her arms open wide and a bright ball of energy began to form. It got larger and brighter every second that he got closer. Then as he was about to hit her she opened her eyes.
 
“Light of the Damned!!” she yelled and pushed the ball at him just as the fire from his fist reached her and they were engulfed in light, fire, and darkness.
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&
 
[Okay this chapter I like. What did you think? If you review then I might write again soon, if you don't…How does the Story That No One Ever Finished sound as a new title? Muahahahahahahahahaha! **gasp** Muahahahaha! **evil grin**]