Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ One Year to Find Love ❯ One Year to Find Love ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Ok, I don't own Yu Yu Hakusho, sadly, but I own this fic and hope you like it.
 
********
 
She stared out at the many people passing by, wishing that she could join them. One person in particular caught her attention. He would walk by every day at four p.m., unless it wasn't a school day. She would swoon by his long, flowing red hair, deep emerald eyes that held something else. She could also see his other side, the one he hid from everyone else. With silver hair, golden eyes, fox ears and tail. He would walk by, pretending to be a normal ningen.
 
It sickened her how he could so easily pull it off, when she was forced to remain inside to hide her wings. Her large wings would attract anyone's attention. One was long and angel-like, the other just as long, but demon-like, black and leathery. Her right eye was a pale shade of blue, while the left was deep red.
 
She was a forbidden child of sorts. Her mother had been an angel, while her father had been a demon. She was a mixture of the two races that hated each other the most. Because of that, she wasn't allowed to mingle with the commoners.
 
The door opened and her personal servant entered with a tray. “Your meal miss.” She said shakily.
 
“Thank you, just leave it on the counter.” she said. “I want to talk to my caretaker.”
 
“Of course miss.” She curtsied and left.
 
The girl sighed and went back to looking back out the window. “Why can't I just spend one day with you? Just one day. Is that too much to ask?”
 
“You know the rules.”
 
She turned around and came face to face with her caretaker. Since she was stripped from her mother at the age of six for being what she is, and not wanted in the underworld for the same reason, she had a caretaker. “I know, I just want to see the world from a different perspective, not some window.”
 
“That may all change Megami.”
 
“What do you mean?”
 
“You will have one year, starting at midnight tonight, to truly live in the Ningenkai.”
 
“But what about my wings?'
 
“A simple illusion.” She smiled at Megami. “You will live as a normal ningen for exactly one year. Should you find true love, then you need not to return. But be warned, once you do this, you will have to decide on the heavens with the goddesses, or the underworld with your father.”
 
Megami looked at her caretaker with surprise. “You mean, I finally get to go out there, and then I have to decide where to live?”
 
“Yes. But if you fall in love, you may stay with him if you so choose, follow him wherever he may go.”
 
“Great, do I get to go to school?”
“But of course, your files are already drawn up and everything. Your uniform will arrive shortly.”
 
“Where am I going?”
 
“A school.”
 
Megami growled. “I know that, which one?”
 
“You'll find out, soon enough.” she bowed and left the room.
 
She went back to looking out the window. More people passed by and she smiled to herself. “Watch out ningens, Megami's coming for a visit, will you be ready?”
 
~~~~~~~~
 
Megami approached the school, only slightly uncertain of herself. She didn't much like having to wear pink, or any color other than black, but she was going to try to deal with it. She came to the gates, and stood there watching the massive amount of students enter the gates and flood around the school.
 
“Excuse me miss, are you new here?” said a voice behind her.
 
Megami turned around and came face to face with the one that she admired most from her window. “Yes, I am. Could you direct me to the main office.”
 
“Of course.” he smiled. Right this way miss-”
 
“Megami, just Megami.” Megami held out her hand, as she observed many ningens do from her window.
 
“Shuichi Minamino.” he took her hand and shook it. “Follow me.”
 
Megami followed Shuichi through the halls to where the main office resided. After a quick nod of thanks, she entered with the small bit of paperwork that her caretaker insisted that she had. “Excuse me.” she said to the secretary.
 
The secretary looked up. “Yes, can I help you?”
“I'm Megami, I believe that I'm supposed to give these to you.” she handed the secretary the small bit of paperwork.
 
She took it and looked it over. “Very well, so you were home schooled before you arrived here?” Megami nodded. “Ok, let me just input a few things, then I'll have your schedule.” She typed into the computer, a few minuets later, a sheet printed out from the printer. “Here you are, I'll get one of our top students to show you around.” She took the p.a. system microphone and announced, “Would Shuichi Minamino please report to the main office, repeat, would Shuichi Minamino please report to the main office.”
 
Shuichi came into the office shortly after the announcement was made. “You wanted to see me?”
 
“Yes, I'd like you to show a new student around. This is Megami, please show her to her classes.”
 
After they got her stack of books, they exited the office and started walking the opposite direction
 
“We meet again Shuichi.” Megami said with a slight bow. She then held out her paper with her schedule. “This is my schedule.”
 
Shuichi took it and looked it over. “It seems that we have identical schedules.”
 
“Really?”
 
He smiled. “Yes, just follow me around and you won't get lost.”
 
She returned the smile. “I don't think that will be a problem. You know, you're the first person that I've talked to that doesn't work for me since I was six.”
“Is that so?”
 
“Yeah, my families got a little paranoid, so they took me out of everything that I was a part of. I was forced to become a wall flower for eleven years and watch people outside having fun.”
 
“What happened? If you don't mind me asking of course.”
 
Megami looked down at the floor. “I'm not allowed to tell, I would be punished.”
 
“That's alright.”
 
“Hey, could you show me around the town a little bit? I'd like to see what it looks like first hand, not from my window.” Megami started to get excited at the mere thought of seeing the city she had forever observed.
 
“Sure—”
 
“Really? Great! Oh, when don't we have school? That'd be the perfect time, I know that we get two days off of every week.”
 
“Calm down Megami, I'll take you after school on Friday, how's that sound?”
 
“Ok, Friday it is. Now, how do I work this thing?” they had reached the locker assigned to Megami. She banged on the door with her left hand.
 
Shuichi saw the bandages on her wrist. He noticed that it wasn't wrapped for a sprain or wound, but a wrap similar to the one Hiei had to control his dragon. Is she hiding something? He thought. “What happened to your arm?”
 
Megami stopped banging on the locker and looked at her wrist. “Uh, I landed on it a while ago, hard, it's just taken a little while to heal. The bruise is gone, but it still hurts so I still wear the bandage.” She looked back to locker. “Now would you please show me how to open this stupid thing?”
 
Shuichi chuckled. “What's the combination?” Megami shrugged. “Let me see your schedule.” She handed it to him. “3-29-19. Watch.”
 
Shuichi showed Megami the right way to unlock the locker. After three agitating tries, she nailed it. “Ha! Got it! In your face locker!”
 
Shuichi sweatdropped. “Good job, now, you won't need these books until after lunch.” He pulled out two of Megami's books and placed them in her locker. “Do you have any paper, pens?”
 
“No. I didn't know that I'd need them.”
 
Shuichi moved three lockers down and opened it. He pulled out a notebook and a pencil. “Here, you can use mine then. A few of the senseis won't be too happy if you come to their class without paper and pencil.”
 
Megami took the said items. “Thanks. So I need all these books for my morning classes?”
 
“Yes, there are quite a few.”
 
 
“Why are there more for the morning?”
 
“The afternoon consists of three classes, one doesn't require a book, just a different uniform.”
 
“Oh, ok, so that's four morning classes and three afternoon classes?”
 
“Yes.”
 
~~Later that evening in Koenma's office~~
 
Koenma entered the room and sat in his chair. “You guys are probably wondering why I called you in here.” He said.
 
“No, we're having a tea party!” Yusuke growled. “Of course we want to know why you called us!”
 
Koenma winced. “Yes, well, we have spotted someone thought to have disappeared. She is potentially the biggest threat you guys will ever face. This is her file. She's even more of a forbidden child than you, Hiei. Half heaven goddess, half underworld demon.” He pressed a button on his remote and Megami's picture showed up on the large screen. “This is her picture.”
 
Kurama gasped. “Megami? I knew there was something that she was hiding.”
 
Everyone in the room directed their attention to Kurama. “Do you know her Kurama?”
 
“Yes, she is the newest student attending my school. She has a wrap on her left arm similar to the one Hiei has.”
 
“Well, needless to say, she's dangerous, keep an eye on her.”
 
“Great, and how do we do that?” Yusuke asked.
 
“Just watch her and what she does. She's ban from both of her homes. In one year, she will be forced to choose where she will live, with the goddesses or with the underworld demons.”
 
Kuwabara examined the picture on the wall. “She looks like two different sides of one personality. One half good, one half bad.”
 
“Hn, baka, she's half goddess and half demon.”
 
~~Friday~~
 
Megami skipped happily a few feet in front of Kurama. She stopped and held her stomach. She turned around and looked at him. “Shuichi, I'm hungry.” She said.
 
Kurama chuckled; she could just change moods so fast. “Why don't we get you something to eat then?”
 
“Well, usually, the chef maid just brings me food. I don't know any other way to get food.”
 
“Then let's go to a restaurant, my treat.”
 
“Your treat? What's that mean?”
 
“I'll pay. You really don't get out much do you?”
“I told you that I was forced to be a wall flower for the last eleven years. I left the day I turned seventeen. I have one year to-” she stopped and covered her mouth.
 
“One year to what?”
 
“Nothing, let's get to that restaurant you mentioned.”
 
“Ok, let's go.”
 
Little did Megumi know, the rest of the spirit detectives were watching from a booth not far from them. They listened as she told Kurama about her home, the kindness her staff treated her with, even after the many times she lost her temper with them. Little did they know, she was searching for love.
 
~~~~~~~~~
 
The past eleven months seemed to pass too quickly for Megumi. She started dating Kurama about six months ago and knew she loved him from the start, but wasn't sure about his feelings. She had yet to tell him about her being a half goddess and half demon, but he knew. She had also became accustomed to calling him Kurama, since the rest of his friends also called him that.
 
They had just finished another date, and were sharing a romantic moment on her front porch. The maid opened the door to walk her dog, and instantly regretted doing so. “Oh, I'm sorry miss.” She squeaked.
 
Megumi pulled away and growled. “If it was accidental, you are forgiven, if my caretaker paid you to `accidentally' walk in on us, you will die.”
 
“I assure you, we weren't expecting you back for another half hour.”
 
“Very well, walk the mutt.” The maid hurriedly rushed passed the two on the porch. “Now, where were we?”
 
Kurama slinked his arms around her waist. “Right here.” He leaned in and pressed his lips back on hers.
 
Megumi put her arms around his neck and gave him entrance back to her mouth. The door opened again and it was her caretaker. Megumi growled and pulled away from Kurama. She threw her arms up in exasperation. “Am I not allowed to have five minuets with Kurama!? Geeze! I'll see you tomorrow at school.” She huffed and walked into the house.
 
“Uh, I was just coming out to fix the light, it's been flickering for the past week.” Her caretaker said.
 
“She's had a little trouble with our friends today. To tell the truth, this is the fist moment we've had alone before the dog needed to be walked.”
 
“Oh, I apologize. Well, have a nice night.”
 
“Thank you ma'am.” Kurama turned and left.
 
Her caretaker fixed the light above her and went inside to talk to Megumi. She entered the room and found Megumi sitting on her bed, hugging her pillow, and crying. “Megumi, are you alright?”
 
“I don't know.” Megumi answered shakily. “I know I love him, but I don't know if he loves me in return. I've only got two weeks left.”
 
“Then use those two weeks to find out.” She started pulling the ward off Megumi's arm as she did every night. “I've been the one to take care of you since you were born, you know that. Now, why don't you think that he doesn't love you?”
 
Megumi sniffed as her wings reformed from her back. “I didn't say that, I just don't know if he loves me, or if I'm just another girl in his life.” She brushed a strand of her purple pink hair with her clawed left hand.
 
“Do what you must to find out, just don't harm yourself in the process. You have two weeks to fully know.”
 
“When you say `do what you must' do you mean-?”
 
“Whatever it takes.”
 
~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Megami inhaled a deep breath and approached the room. She now had two days to make a decision. Her caretaker had gotten her a private suite and sent Kurama the key. She pushed the key into the lock and slowly pushed the door open. She did a quick look around and found Kurama on the couch with a book.
 
“Shuichi, I'm both surprised and glad that you came.” She said.
 
Kurama put the book down and smiled to her. “The note attached to the key was very vague.”
 
“My caretaker wrote it.” She went and pulled herself into a tight embrace with Kurama. “Kurama, I want you to tell me something.”
 
“And what is that?”
 
“Do you love me? I love you, but to you return my adore. I need to know. If you don't, I will leave and you won't have to see my face again. So please, if you love me, tell me. If not, just let me leave. I may no—”
 
Kurama stopped her rambling with his mouth. She stopped and raised her arms around his neck. He pulled away and said, “Of course I love you. If I didn't, why would I lead you on?”
 
Megumi smiled and placed her head on his shoulders. “Can you show me how much?”
 
Kurama looked at her. “Are you sure?”
 
“Yes, but one thing first, I have something to tell you. Please still love me after I tell you.”
 
“Of course.”
 
“I am not human. If you remove the ward on my arm, I can show you what I mean.” She held out her left arm. Kurama carefully removed it. Her wings poured from her back and her left hand clawed. “You see, I'm half goddess, and half underworld demon.”
 
“I know.”
 
“What?”
 
“I already knew, I was just waiting for you to tell me. I assume that you can see through my human form?”
 
“Yes, I've known about it before I met you. I'd watch you go by my window every day.”
 
“Well, you don't have to watch anymore.”
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
(*A/N I'm sorry if you were expecting a lemon.*)
 
Megami entered her home the next day in a haze, a happy haze. She sat on her large couch and closed her eyes. Her caretaker came in and smiled at her obvious happy mood. “Well, what happened?” she asked.
 
Megami just moved her hair so she could see the mating mark. She got up and went to her room to gather her things. “Tell my parents that I'm going wherever my mate goes. I will visit both of them, as I feel necessary.”
 
“If you have any children, you have to present them to your father.”
 
Megami spun around, shock apparent in her eyes. “What?!”
 
“It's just a rule in the heavens, whenever a child is born, it must be presented to the mother's father.”
 
“I forgot about that rule! I can't face my father, he's horrid.” She ran upstairs and started to pack, grumbling random things.
 
“The rule could be invalid since your father is an underworld demon.”
 
“I can only hope.”
 
~~ten years later~~
 
Megami dodged another arrow coming at her. She flew up and threw a purifying shadow orb at the attacker. It screamed and disintegrated into the wind. She landed and smiled. Satisfied that she had protected her family and injured mate. She returned home and went strait to the bedroom that they shared. Kurama sat in their bed with a small bundle in his arms and a bandage around his hand.
 
“How is she?” Megami asked.
 
“She's sleeping.” He responded with a smile.
 
Megami sat down next to Kurama and touched his hand. “How's the bite?”
 
“It's healing, don't worry so much about it.”
 
“But it's my fault, I let it inside.”
 
Kurama shook his head. “It's not your fault, you're still new to the Makai, I should've answered the door.”
 
“But I defended us from the demons after they released an ambush.”
 
He put one arm around her and kissed her temple. “Yes, and you did well. The bite was not poisonous, so it should heal quickly.”
 
“Just as long as you remain alive, I'm happy. Can I have our daughter?”
 
Kurama smiled and handed the bundle to Megami. “You truly care, don't you?”
 
She smiled. “Yes, I do, and I'm glad that I don't have to present her to my father, I never want to meet him. My mother wishes to see her.”
 
“When would that be?”
 
“When we're not being attacked by random demons.”
 
“Very well then.”
 
*******************
 
well? What d'you think? Please review.