Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Origin of the Forbidden One ❯ Abandonment ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Get rid of him quickly Rui! The storm is getting worse!”
 
Rui looked down at the child as he shifted within the wrappings that sealed his power inside of him. Snow swirled about her and the wind howled as she stood near the edge of their arctic isle.
 
Hina was screaming and crying from behind her, begging to have her child back in her arms. Rui looked down at the child sadly and he looked up at her, fear in his eyes. Korrime law stated that when a male was born among them he was to be destroyed
 
Rui knew also that the law stated no korrime could mate with a male. It was against the law. The father had been a fire demon, and he had come to the floating isle to steal korrime tears.
 
But when he had seen Hina he instantly fell in love with her, and thus Yukina and the boy had been born. Hina had told her about him often, but Rui had said nothing to the elders, for Hina was her friend.
 
Before the children were born, Hina told her mate to leave the island and not to return, but her mate did not understand. Hina told him that if the other korrime found out about him they would do something terrible. He left in the end and did not return, not knowing what was to happen.
 
“Do it now, Rui!” cried the elder's frantically.
 
Rui pulled out the korrime tear Hina had given her to give to the boy. She put it into the wrappings and whispered to him, “Take this and remember that your mother love's you very much, and she says to survive and one day return to take the revenge that is rightfully yours.”
 
Rui then held him over the edge and let go of him, tears falling down her face. Hina screamed like a wounded animal, unable to control herself any longer. The elders who had been holding her back released her, and stepped away from her.
 
 
Hina sat off to the side unable to speak, staring off into space, tears running down her face. Yukina was in the arms of Rui now, sleeping peacefully despite the storm raging around her, and not knowing of the brother she had lost
 
Hina was wandering toward the edge of the cliff, clearly still in shock over the loss of her child. She turned around and looked at Rui and said, “Look after Yukina for me Rui, and wait for my son to return…”
 
“Hina, what are you doing!?” cried the elders.
 
“No Hina! Stop!!!” screamed Rui, as Hina stepped over the edge and fell to the same fate she felt her son had met. Rui ran to the edge and looked over and watched as Hina fell gracefully to her death.
 
Tears slid down Rui cheeks, as she watched Hina slowly fall through the clouds and finally, be lost to sight. She took looked down at Yukina, who continued to sleep, as peacefully as if it were merely a raining.
 
Rui knew that if the boy did manage to survive, he would live a life no better than hell. He would have to fend for himself and kill if he wanted to survive, and she knew that he wouldn't be the same innocent child she felt she had condemned to that horrible life.
 
Meanwhile, the “Forbidden Child” continued to fall toward the ground at a blistering speed. He glared angrily, he wasn't stupid, he'd be back and they'd all pay. Those cold-hearted Ice apparitions!!! He hit the ground with a loud thud.
 
The fall had hurt him badly and he was still scared, and no one was coming to help him. Suddenly he heard voices and went silent to wait and see who it was. Whoever they were didn't matter as long as they came and got him.
 
“What was all that noise?” said a raspy voice.
 
“It sounded like a baby to me. Let's go and find it!” muttered another gruff voice.
 
“But what would some whelp be doing out here without it's mummy?” asked another mockingly.
 
“Oh, you should know about this kind of thing. The mother obviously abandoned it. It happens only every so often, but this one might of come from Korrime.” answered a demon.
 
“But, that's an island of Ice Maidens, having a boy is forbidden from what I hear.” said another demon.
 
“Well, whoever the mother is must have been forced to abandon him, meaning she mated with a guy who managed to get up there.” answered the demon logically.
 
The “Forbidden Child” lay among the brush waiting to see if they would come and pick him up. One of the demons walked over and picked him up looking at him carefully. Seeing the Korrime tear within the folds of his blanket the demon became excited, whispering to the others about his find.
 
“He can cry Korrime tears just like those women on that island can!” said the demon excitedly.
 
“Let's take him back to Tenma, he'll be interested in these tears for sure. He might keep the whelp alive to supply him with them.” said another demon.
 
“Alright! Hurry up! Were going back to camp!” said another demon.
 
The “Forbidden Child” was carried to the demon camp were their leader, Tenma, was waiting for their return, for they were his food gatherer's. As they walked into camp they were then quickly escorted to where Tenma waited.
 
“Where have you been? That's too long to just go and find food!” snarled Tenma, with a look of annoyance on his face.
 
The demons cowered under his cold stare, as he walked toward them. He was a large demon, with big muscles. He had a single eye on his head that glared at them as if he were about to tear them apart for keeping him waiting.
 
His tail swished back and forth as he waited for an explanation from them, all the while looking at the child with curiosity. Who was this child and where had they found him? They had better have a good excuse for this or he would eat them for dinner along with that stupid whelp!
 
“Well sir, we found this kid you see. He can cry tears like the ice maidens on Korrime, so we brought him back because we thought you would be interested.” said one demon.
 
“Yeah, look at this tear we found on him, and then there were more all around him.” said another, holding it up.
 
“Hmm,” said Tenma. “We'll keep the kid alive! We'll make lots of money off his tear's!”
 
Tenma smiled at the child wickedly, while the child looked up at him coldly, almost calculatingly not knowing what was in store for him.
 
This brat would come into prime use, but it would mean a lot of suffering on his part, not that the kid mattered. His tears would earn Tenma alot.
 
“Uh, sir, what are we going to name him? A stupid idea, but we can't just call him it all the time…” said a demon.
 
“Well, I guess a name wouldn't hurt… we'll call him Hiei, seeing as his hair is black. Now get him out of my sight!” snarled Tenma, and the demon that was holding Hiei raced off.
 
With a name and a new life, Hiei was to be fed and taken care of until he was old enough to do as Tenma had planned. Hiei had no idea what was in store for him, but even as a baby he knew one thing and one thing alone. It wasn't anything good.