Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Origin of the Forbidden One ❯ Torture and Pain ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Many years passed and Hiei appeared to be at least five years old. With dark black hair that stood up like a flame and crimson red eyes that showed nothing but distrust, Hiei did not appear to be the heartless killer he would soon become.
 
But, even though he was five years old he was ultimately not treated like one. He was forced to work everyday, doing harsh chores that most of the older demons had trouble doing. But, soon these chores would be the least of his worries.
 
Today, he had to carry firewood to Tenma's hut, because Tenma said it was always cold in there and never warm enough. Hiei, as little as he was could only carry one log at a time. And at least once on the way to Tenma's hut he would fall. And every time the other demons would laugh at him.
 
Suddenly, he tripped and fell face first into the mud. Splattered with mud from head to foot, Hiei managed to pull himself to his feet. He began brushing off as much mud as possible, but as usual he was given no peace when this happened.
 
“Hah! Stupid little midget!” cried several demon children, as they circled around him, shoving him around and throwing more mud at him.
 
“Why me?” Hiei muttered to himself as he pulled himself to his feet. Ever since he had come here, everyone had been mean to him. Harsh words and rough treatment were all he got.
 
Finally, he reached Tenma's hut with the first log. As Hiei walked in he bowed to Tenma respectfully, and dragged the log over to the fire in the middle of the room. Suddenly, Tenma threw a kick at him before he even realized it.
 
Caught completely off guard, Hiei was knocked into the wall with tremendous force, knocking the very breath out of him. Hiei felt his eyes begin to water, but he struggled not to let them fall, because that was what Tenma wanted.
 
“Go on cry, I know you want to!” said Tenma, as he began to laugh. “Cry like a little baby!!!”
 
Tenma walked over to Hiei and dragged him to his feet. Tenma then pulled out a sword snickering wickedly and looking down at Hiei. Hiei looked up at him, his red eyes full of fear.
 
“Hiei, I think I'm going to give you your first scar.” Tenma hissed, as he pulled Hiei's shirt off.
 
Tenma slashed from Hiei's shoulder to his waist, ignoring Hiei's cries of pain. Hiei fell to the floor tears falling down his face, and blood leaking from his wound. Tenma immediately began greedily picking up the tears and stuffing them into a bag he had.
“This isn't quite enough, I have one more bag to fill Hiei. Don't let me down now.” Tenma said, snickering as Hiei continued to sob pitifully on the floor.
 
Tenma then grabbed some salt he had managed to get a hold of from the Ningen-Kai (Human World). He grabbed Hiei by the arm and held him up long enough to stuff some salt into his wounds. He dropped Hiei and he cried even harder.
 
Pain and tears blinded Hiei, he couldn't even see straight. He could hear Tenma laughing at him, his laughter hard and cruel. The smell of his own blood in the air was so strong he thought he was going to vomit.
 
Finally, he guessed that Tenma was satisfied with the number of tears he had extracted from him. His wound still hurt but he held in his pain and waited to see what Tenma would do to him next.
 
“Well, I don't even have enough room for the extras. You can go now Hiei!” Tenma laughed. “Now get out of here!”
 
Tenma then grabbed Hiei and threw him unceremoniously from the hut. He landed in a pool of mud, rain falling down upon him. He struggled to rise but he couldn't even muster enough strength to even flip himself over.
 
Suddenly, he heard the sound of footsteps approaching him. He braced himself for a punch, a kick, or whatever other cruel injury was heading his way. Hiei had his eyes pinched shut, preparing himself.
“Huh? A kid? Well I better get him out of the rain, and keep him alive for Tenma.” said the demon, picking Hiei up.
 
The demon took Hiei to his hut and began treating his wounds. As he dabbed Hiei's wounds with something to clean them, he remembered what Tenma was using him for. This kid could cry korrime tears, and they were worth a lot.
 
“Hey kid! Cry me some of those tears! I know you can do it!” said the demon excitedly.
 
Hiei looked up at the demon as angrily as he had looked up at Tenma. How could he be expected to cry even more? He felt as though he couldn't cry another tear even if he wanted to. But, he knew the demon wouldn't take no for an answer.
 
“Dammit! You'd better start crying or I'm going to make you just like Tenma's been doing!” threatened the demon.
 
The demon suddenly lost his patience, and punched Hiei so hard he knocked him into the wall. A few tears escaped Hiei's eyes, and the demon quickly knelt to pick them up.
 
He seemed satisfied with what tears he managed to get and quickly fixed up Hiei's wounds, and then left him in front of Tenma's hut. As the demon left Hiei felt many feelings in the very depths of him awaken.
 
Anger, hatred, malice, vengeance, and distrust crept through him until they had completely consumed him. For the moment he was afraid of all of these feelings and didn't know what to do.
 
But, he realized that if he was to survive and one day extract his revenge on everyone who had ever hurt him, he would need these feelings. They would help keep him alive, and make him stronger, and he learned many new things that day.
 
And Hiei was never the same after this day, a day that would haunt him for the rest of his life. His eyes hardened and were filled with anger and distrust. They became eyes that told all of what he had experienced, and more.
 
His expression and his heart turned as cold as ice. And his voice became a murderous growl that warned everyone to stay away from him or die. He would never be the same again.