Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Origin of the Forbidden One ❯ Bloody Revenge ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“There he is! Kill him!” cried many voices, as they ran through the forest.
 
Hiei turned around to face them his face contorted with fury, and leaped into their ranks and quick as lightning, slashed through demons as easily as a hot knife through butter. Blood splattered onto his face, but Hiei ignored it.
 
He was ten years old now, but he didn't look like the typical ten year old you would normally see (at least by ningen (human) standards). For one thing he was covered with cuts and bruises. Another was that he carried a sword.
 
Five more years of harsh and cruel treatment made him cold-blooded and cold-eyed, without an ounce of mercy left in him. The demons were coming after him because they found out he had been doing a bit of training, and they were afraid of his power.
 
Finally, all were dead and the dead bodies of his pitiful victims and their blood surrounded him. Licking the tip of his blade of a smear of blood he had missed after wiping it clean, he walked off and jumped into a tree.
 
Wiping his face clean of the blood, he sat quietly lounging and looked as though he had little worries. But, that was not the case, for he had a lot to worry about. He wondered if Tenma would send his killers after him. Probably.
 
But, Hiei was not going to give them that opportunity; he would kill all of them before they even had a chance to defend themselves. They would beg him for mercy before he was done.
 
Hiei then walked toward the village his sword drawn, and his eyes as cold as ice. As he walked into the village, he ignored the stares. They remained where they were because they were too afraid to attack him, yet.
 
Picking a victim entirely at random, he leaped at him and stabbed him through the head, blood splattering all over him. He heard the cries of people around him and the yells of angry demons charging at him.
 
“You're dead you little whelp! We should have killed you when we found you!” snarled the demons as they pulled out their blades.
 
“Really? I think it will be all of you rotting in the sun!” snarled Hiei, as he leaped at them slicing one the demons head off.
 
Finally, they were dead and pools of blood surrounded him. Not bothering to wipe the blood from his blade, he continued to walk through the camp killing any demon that came his way. He set fire to huts, barricading people inside them ignoring their piercing screams.
 
 
Hiei cared for no one meaning he would spare one, and give no mercy to any demon he happened to come upon. Screams continued to erupt around him, the screams of the wounded, the screams of the dying. But, none of them mattered.
 
“Hah! Almost done, just one more piece of garbage to get rid of and I can leave here… for good.” said Hiei, as he walked toward Tenma's hut.
 
Hiei ran through the camp as fast as lightning and as silently as a shadow, all the while slicing through pitiful demons trying to run away and failing. He was almost to Tenma's hut, when a foolish demon decided to try and stop him.
 
“Stop right there you little bastard! I'll kill you! But, before I do, I think I better tell you something, before I send you to hell!” snarled the demon.
 
“What is it? You better hurry up before I lose my patience, because if you're right I have an appointment with Enma.” said Hiei, smirking at the demon wickedly, as he tossed his blade from hand to hand.
 
“Do you want to know where you really came from? You come from the floating isle of Korrime! Your own mother threw you away, and that's why you ended up here! Some scouts found you and brought you back to camp!” said the demon.
 
Hiei decided not to let his shock or surprise show. “Hmm,” Hiei said, “Thank you for your helpful information, now good-bye.” Hiei quickly brandished his sword tightly.
 
“Now hold on-?” the demon began, but Hiei had already sliced him into several pieces silencing him forever.
 
More blood splattered all over Hiei, but as before he ignored it, and continued toward Tenma's hut. As soon as he reached it, he raced inside to find Tenma cowering in the very back, with a club in his hand.
 
Hiei made furious moves toward Tenma, remembering every bit of pain he had been put through, just for his tears. Tenma was afraid of him now, and that only gave him cruel satisfaction for once long ago Hiei had been afraid of Tenma.
 
“You'll give back what you stole from me, Tenma! I know you still have it!” Hiei snarled, his eyes ice cold.
 
“Keep back Hiei! Or I'll put you in so much agony!!!!” Tenma cried, panic literally dripping from his voice.
 
“You've done that to me Tenma, can't you think up anything new? Your threats are meaningless to me.” Hiei hissed, “I was so sure you hadn't run out of idea's.”
 
“I'll kill you! I've should have done it years ago, when we found you!” yelled Tenma, charging at Hiei with his club.
 
Hiei smirked and jumped out of the way of his club swings, and Tenma's attempts to smash him into the ground. Hiei then moved in and slashed the arm that Tenma held the club with. Tenma fell to the floor writhing in pain, and Hiei moved in a little closer.
 
He was going to make Tenma suffer and scream in pain, so that he would know a small portion of the pain he himself had felt. He was slightly surprised now because Tenma was trying to get up! He pulled out his blade again and slashed his other arm off.
 
Tenma again fell to the floor, unable to lift himself now for he had no arms to help himself with. Hiei listened to his screams with malicious satisfaction, and he asked himself, should I kill him now?
 
“Stop it! I beg of you!” begged Tenma. “Please stop!” Hiei was pissed off by Tenma's actions, for now he was sobbing and begging him for mercy.
 
“Why do you deserve mercy!? I never got an ounce of it from you! Why should I even listen to you?!” snarled Hiei, looking at him without an ounce of pity.
 
But, Hiei didn't give him a chance to answer, “Give me a good reason! You don't deserve any! All you've done since I was a child was torture me, and now it's your turn!!!”
 
A few hours later Hiei left Tenma's hut, leaving Tenma behind hanging from the ceiling, his head and arms missing and gashes covering his whole body. Hiei looked as if he had bathed himself in blood now.
 
As Hiei reached the top of the hill, overlooking the camp, he turned around for one last look. The camp had been burned to the ground, and body's lay everywhere. Blood was splattered all over the walls of the huts, and the stench of death was strong in the air.
 
Fires burned everything to cinders and ash fell through the air like snow, as a few screams of the dying could still be heard over the carnage. As he continued to look he remembered the horrors and tortures that had been done to him in this vile place, and he knew he would never forget them. Ever.
 
Hiei then turned and walked away and he never looked back. But, the things he had been subjected to him there never left him. What had happened in that place left him angry, bitter, distant, and seemingly uncaring.