Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Origin of the Forbidden One ❯ Discovery of Friends ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hiei ran through the forest, and for once in his life he felt free. He could do what he wanted, go wherever he pleased, and there was one who could tell him otherwise. It had only been two or three months since he destroyed the village.
 
But, he still couldn't shove from his mind what that demon had said before he had killed him. He regretted it slightly because the demon had told him about where he came from, and could have possibly told him more, but too late now.
 
Now he had to resort to stealing to keep himself fed and though he really didn't like doing it, he didn't have much choice. He went to small villages and took whatever amount of food he felt wouldn't be noticed.
 
“Well, at least it's a way to keep myself fed.” Hiei muttered, as he ran along toward the village for another raid.
 
He had heard they had gotten new produce, but the only reason they had to get more was because Hiei had stolen what they had before. One time he had gotten caught, but he had gotten away really quickly and they hadn't seen what he looked like.
 
Hiei headed toward the village, and got there just as they were taking out the produce for the morning market. Everything, as usual, was absurdly high in price, (a demon liver for 220 pieces of gold, ridiculous! ^_^;).
 
But, only one thing was different today when he went to steal more food for himself. The demons were guarding their produce, and they even had demon dogs, big one's, with ferocious teeth and huge claws, and all they did was growl and snarl at everyone that passed.
 
“This isn't going to be easy today… I'm going to have to be a little more careful today, or I'm in deep shit…” Hiei muttered to himself, imagining himself getting bit by one of those dogs. Not pleasant.
 
Hiei took off at a sprint and snatched a bag away from near the produce, the dogs barked but didn't move. He then quickly grabbed as much food as he could cram and then took off at a run, the dogs on his tail.
 
“Shit!” Hiei exclaimed, doubling his speed, but he saw they were behind him and he could tell they were ready to tear him apart if they caught him. He saw a cave ahead of him to his right, and he went to maximum speed.
 
He hurried inside and luckily there was water inside so they lost the trail and ran past the cave. Heaving a sigh of relief, he opened the bag, and began to shove some of the food into his mouth.
 
“That was too close…” Hiei muttered. “I'm going to need a better way of getting food.” But, what was he going to do? They weren't those soft dogs found in the human world they were killers who would sooner tear him to pieces than look at him…
 
“Hey, kid! What are you doing in our cave!?” snarled a voice behind Hiei. “Yeah, you little brat, this is our place I'm afraid if you don't leave, your going to have a meeting with Enma…” snarled another.
 
Who were these guys? Who were they to boss him around? Hadn't he already proved this to the other people who had raised him? Now more people wanted a piece of him, well…if they wanted a fight he'd give it to them more than gladly.
 
Hiei turned to face them and what he saw was a group of boys, fifth-teen in all, and they were his age. The two who spoke to him, were a little older than the rest. One was a wind demon, and the other was a wolf demon.
“Hey, you look tough…why don't you join us? What's your name?” asked the wind demon. “Yeah, then we'll have six-teen…” said the wolf demon, grinning at Hiei, but Hiei was a little wary.
 
“My name is…Hiei.” He said, quietly. “But, what would a group of boys like yourselves, be doing out here? Don't you have parents?” Every boy in the whole group glared coldly at the ground when he said this.
 
“We don't have parents…a lot of us are orphans…” said the wind demon, bitterly. “Or it's the case where they ran away, or your parents threw you out…” The wolf demon nodded his head.
 
“I have no parents, and the people who took me in are dead…” said Hiei, coldly. “All right you have a deal, I'll join you. The two demon boy's grinned, “Welcome aboard then, Hiei…” The other demons boy's grinned, and welcomed him.
 
Hiei heaved a sigh, and a thought struck him. Maybe he'd finally found a place he belonged, at least for now…
 
Later, Hiei found out that the boy's names were, Daisuke (wind demon) and Komaru (wolf demon). They told him that all they did was steal from the village, and take whatever they could get, whether it is valuables, weapons or food.
 
Daisuke was a wind demon, with spiky white hair that fell to his shoulders and blue eyes. He was at least a few years older than Hiei, and just a little taller. He wore a black tank top and white pants, and he carried a dagger and a poison blowgun.
 
Komaru was a wolf demon, with black hair that he kept in a braid down his back. He had silver eyes and was a little taller than Daisuke, and his age as well. He wore a white cloak with a red tank top and black pants underneath. He carried a sword, and a whip in his belt.
And that is how Hiei made his first two friends, and he was with them for many years, plundering surrounding villages, and robbing travelers that passed through the area. And Hiei remained with them until one fateful day.