Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Pearl of Great Price ❯ Pearl of Great Price ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Pearl of Great Price

A Yuu Yuu Hakusho fanfiction by Sir Psycho Sexy

Pairing: Kuwabara/Yukina (GOD, he's doing HET FICS! RUN AWAAAAY! XD )

A/N:I may not as of yet get 100% of Yukina's personality…I'm a cheap bastard who watches the dub on CN. ^^ Shoot me.

They took me away from my childhood, from my memories, from my brother.

And here I sit, kidnapped, but not able to lament or cry or show any emotion whatsoever, for if I do, I will give them what they want.

Hiroseki stones, pearls formed from my tears, quite valuable on the black market. The traders are driven by greed, and care not for a Kôrime such as myself.

And then the birds fly in, my only solace, my only friends in this time of desperation. But no, I can not even have the birds, the sweet, innocent creatures; they set it up so that when the birds fly in, they get electrocuted and die.

I cannot tolerate this…I feel the tears welling up inside me…and inevitably, they roll down my cheeks and make the pearls that those in the Makai Black Market lust after.

That's it Yukina, cry for us. Cry your little heart out.

It hurt didn't it? The little birdies…

These men, these crime lords, speak to me through a loudspeaker in my cell. It's terribly demeaning…

…But I don't know if I want to be saved or not. Maybe it is just best to sit here and not comply with anything…at least they got four of the stones, and I don't plan on giving them any more.

Not a chance.

Then he came in.

A rather ugly tough-guy face topped by a shock of gelled carrot hair but with a heart of gold. Kuwabara Kazuma was his name…

At the time of my capture, he had seen me on a communications monitor that the crime lords were using to give orders to fight their guard demons to get to me.

And at that time, I didn't care that he had fallen head over heels for me. Kôrime aren't supposed to need the company of men; but who am I to talk when my mother mated with a fire demon, quite possibly giving me and my mythical brother life…

My brother…my brother…nameless, faceless, a legend in my mother's mind…

I try to ignore my sorrowful thoughts so that I won't give in to their demands of more pearls, more of their avarice flowing down my cheeks…

And then I receive a message via telepathy from Kuwabara: that he and his cohort, one Urameshi Yûsuke, had come to save me.

I wasn't exactly pleased, but then again, I was to stay numb…

______

I don't know exactly what I was feeling when I had to say goodbye to the carrot-topped human. There was a slight bit of me that wanted to stay with him, but I repressed it as a good, virtuous Kôrime should. I had to go back to my land, to the ice and snows, where my survival would be secured, and I could again resume my search for my brother…

Maybe there are things in this world more priceless than the tears that flow down my cheeks, more costly and more desired than pearls.

Maybe it's that…warm…feeling I get when I look back on this whole ordeal…

I think you in the human realms would call it love.

-FIN