Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ People are Never Who They Appear to Be A Hanyou Story ❯ Toya, What Does He Want ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Talking” `Thought”
Chapter 3
Toya, What Does He Want?
The next day at school Shuichi had no idea why Yamakaza was giving him the cold shoulder. All he knew that he and Opal were suppose to do something the night before but he just couldn't remember what it was. It was obvious that Yamakaza knew something they didn't but it seemed there was something else that was distracting her. She would constantly look out the windows but she never turned her head only her eyes. It was only when they had a Student Council Meeting out in front of the council building did things start to fall apart.
They were talking about the dance plans about the upcoming dance when Yamakaza yell, “Get down!”
She jumped in front of youkai chakra ball aimed at one of the members and she sent it flying back across the quad. Kurama was about to jump into action when he heard her yell as she jumped in front of them almost uninjured, “Stay behind this shield!”
She did the hand signs of the Hebi, Tora, Inu, and Ryuand placed her hand on the ground. A Fire Shield jutsuwas placedaround her and grew to cover all of them as some of the members screamed with fear.
“As long as you stay inside here you'll be safe,” before she disappeared and appeared outside the shield. “Show yourself! I know you're there!”
A ningen looking creature except for the horn on its forehead appeared in front of her. He looked at her curiously and said, “I always wondered how well your senses were. It's seems they were honed on me before I found you.”
“What do you want?” as she summoned her Sais to her hands while crouching down in a defensive stance as the third appeared on the back of her waist band.
“I just came to see how well you're family's ninja skills were.”
There were gasp from some of the members but she obviously ignored them and said, “It's too bad that you came here because now you only have three choices. One: you can turn yourself in to Reikai with barely any charges, two: just run back in Makai, or three: fight me and die.”
He laughed at her and said, “Or I could kill you.”
“Let's see you try,” she challenged.
They jumped towards each other as the youkai pulled out a Nagamakifrom behind his back and their weapons clashed. They paid the others behind the shield no mind because all they were focused on were each other. Both knew that Yamakaza was at a disadvantage, for Sais were used for close range attacks while the Nagamaki could be used for close and far range attacks depending on the wood used for its' handle.
 
The teens screamed as Yamakaza started to fight the youkai as Shuichi just watched her to see what type of power she had. He noticed Kazuki do the same thing as he tried to calm down the other students. It was odd for a ningen to be unafraid of creatures that are different than them and they don't usually have a youki signature and that was the same for Yamakaza. He, instead of investigating the teen further, he crept away to watch the battle of Yamakaza and the youkai that soon ended up in the soccer field.
 
Yamakaza felt but didn't feel the Nagamaki blade slice into her right side of her abdomen. Instead of screaming in pain like the youkai thought she would, her chakra instead blocked the pain from her mind as it kept major organs in and she continued to attack. She slashed at him with both Sais at his face and stomach. He blocked both with the blade and handle of his Nagamaki as their weapons got stuck together.
`I don't believe this!' he thought as they pushed against each other by their weapons, `She should be screaming in pain by now! But it's like she didn't even notice, even though she's bleeding perilously all over herself. How is she holding on like this?'
“I don't know the real reason why you came,” she told him as she brought his eyes back to her face instead of on her stomach, “but you're going regret messing with me . . .”
Before he could react her Sais caught fire and started to burn his Nagamaki. He slowly felt the heat affect his weapon as well as himself. Finally he had to jump back as he dropped his weapon just as it caught fire. He watched her shake the Nagamaki free of her Sais before she looked at him as she twirled them around until the blades pointed at him.
“I'll give you a quick and painless death if you wish to continue.”
“I won't lose to a ningen woman!” She glared at him preparing for his next move until he continued, “As long as they prove that their stronger than me . . . and you've done that. Maybe we'll meet on better circumstances.”
He smiled at her still held her guard up as he opened a portal and disappeared inside of it. It was only after the portal close did she allow herself to relax, cooling down her power back to its' originally level, and as she went to put her Sais back on her waistband she felt her shirt touch her wound. It was then did she feel the pain of her wound. She dropped her Sais and grabbed her side in pain while closing her eyes when the wound made itself known to her. Her eyes snapped opened as she felt someone remove her now bloody hands from her wound. She found Shuichi kneeling beside her as he looked at the deep gash. She knew that she blocked his memories' of last night but here he was yet again by her but this time helping her.
“Hold still,” he instructed her as he pulled a leaf from his hair, “I'm surprised nothing came out.”
“My reiki blocks the pain from my mind and makes an invisible energy barrier to keep everything in,” before she gasped in pain as Shuichi placed the now large leaf on her wound that was covered with some medicine.
“I see,” it was then he looked at her with critical glare.
“ . . . Finally realize that the girl you see in school isn't the real girl you see right in front of you.”
“That and how beautiful you are,” as he smiled.
She raised an eyebrow and finally said as she rolled her eyes, “Don't give me that! You're just trying to get to me! Just like the Americans say, `FYI: it won't work'.”
“It was worth a shot,” as he shrugged still smiling at her.
“If you excuse me,” she started to get up when a staff was put right in her.
She looked up and saw Opal standing in front of her. Opal opened her mouth to say but someone's strong hand grabbed Yamakaza's throat and pushed her back until she was slammed against one of the gyms wall that wasn't far from where they sat. She was held there as she struggled to free herself, trying to pull at the hand while trying to squeeze her other hand under it. She tried to see past her tightly squeezed eyelids but she could only make out his dark blue eyes.
The hand never lost its' grip on her, in fact they tightened as he demanded, “Where are you hiding him?”
“I don't . . . hn . . . know what . . . hn . . . you're talking about . . .” she managed to gasp out as she still struggled against his tightening grasp.
“Saigo Made, Neko-youkai, now tell me, woman, where he is!”
`Damn! If he's who I think he is than I'm dead meat! And if I don't think of something soon one of my other relatives will show up and free me then demand what the youkai wanted from me! And I'll have no choice but to tell them!'
Her thoughts were interrupted when she heard Shuichi snap his whip bringing the youkai's attention to him and warned, “I suggest you release her, now!”
The youkai threw his head back laughing and answered, “You're warning me! That's rich since I have a hostage right in my hand and I can do many things to kill her and you wouldn't be able to stop me. Not even your speed could reach us if I decided to break her neck right now Hiei.”
Yamakaza suddenly sensed youki, she didn't notice before, appear beside Shuichi and Opal. Suddenly she started to get light headed as the youkai started squeeze her windpipe shut.
“I could even,” he continued, “cut the back of her neck and put my Acid Clawsinto her and you wouldn't be able to save her!”
“Everything that you say can go against you Toya-kun,” Opal informed him angrily.
“Like I care! Reikai hasn't even tried to catch me yet!”
Yamakaza felt him lean closer, obviously he meant to kiss her to taunt the others but she would have none of that, and she decided on what course of action to take. She kicked him between his legs and when he let go she finally got a good look at him before she jumped into the air above him and hit him on the head with her hands clenched together. She landed lightly on her feet before she put her foot underneath him, kicked him into the air, and did spin kick that threw him into the wall.
“Don't ever touch me!” she yelled at him before she quickly summoned a portal, in the spot he hit the wall, and sent him to Makai she really didn't what her family finding out about Toya. She gasped for air as she turned to Reikai Tanteisand stared at their stunned face, except for the one in black she figure was called Hiei, for a moment before she finally collapsed to the ground from her wound and lack of air.
Opal turned Yamakaza over and stared in disbelief at the bloody covered uniform as she asked, “How could she possible last this long with this wound?”
“From what I remember of the Takashi Ninja Clan they can last several days with a wound like this,” he told her. “Their reiki, the word they use for their reiki, automatically goes to a wound that could be fatal and makes an invisible barrier around it. The barrier keeps a lot of the blood from leaving the body too quickly and keeps the organs in. But this is also a problem for them; it drains their chakra as they continue to go on without seeing proper care. That's why they usually go on mission with a squad of three-to-five other members.”
“Wow!”
Baka, you're just repeating the same information that the one blind girl told you,” Hiei informed him.
“I know but you have to admit it's pretty interesting,” Kurama answered. “I hope I wasn't the only one that noticed that she has a small amount of youki inter mingled with her own, which feels like de juveo to me.”
“You're not the only one,” Opal replied looking up at Kurama.
None of them noticed Yamakaza doing the Memory Blocker jutsu hand signs until it was too late. Hiei looked down at her and saw her hand go flying towards Kurama. He yelled, “Look out!”
Yamakaza hit Kurama in the forehead with two fingers of her left hand as she flipped over him and landed only a few yards away. She stared at her two remaining enemies as the large leaf came off her side. Without looking she placed her right hand on the wound and made a chakra seal over the wound. She started to do the hand signs of Nezumi, Uma, Usagi, and Tora for her Speed jutsu. In slow motion she watched Opals' face change from startled to surprise as it seemed to her that Yamakaza sped up.
She did the Memory Blocker jutsu again as she saw Hiei head for her. He seemed to move faster than the other two, even with her Speed jutsu. She ran at Opal and hit her with the Memory Blocker. She turned as Opal slowly fell and saw Hiei almost come flying at her. She jumped to the side, hit the ground a little harder than she thought, and got the wind knocked out of her. She turned over as Hiei turned to look at her and she commented, “You're a lot faster than I thought.”
She just stared at him not intimidated by him. “But you're easy to fool,” she insulted him before she turned into a puff of smoke. She suddenly appeared in behind him and reached around him to hit him with the Memory Blocker jutsu. She watched him fall before sighing and deciding she needed to go block the others' memories.
  
Hiei woke up in a tree as he wondered why Yamakaza did a jutsu that didn't work and found out that he somehow gotten some of her memories. To be precise, they were memories of her as a genin in training and it just about a week worth's of it. It wasobvious that the Takashi Clans' children's childhood still ended early, it wasn't surprising it was the same for their ancestors.
 
And for the whole year it went like this: Yamakaza would get into a mess and Kurama and Opal would help then try to obtain information from her. She would block their memories and sometimes on Hiei but had the opposite effect he gained some of her memories instead. Because of Kurama and Opal, Yamakaza refused to get really close to them and Opal was always trying to make friends with her. But Yamakaza would always use the excuses, like “I have council work to do,” or “I have tennis practice,” to avoid her.
The one thing she couldn't avoid was the school play that Shuichi managed to convince her aunt to make her join. In the audition, though, she did a lousy performance and didn't make the cut even though her aunt had told Shuichi she did acting as a kid. Keko ended up getting the main part again and Yamakaza didn't really care.
 
Hebi means Serpent. On both hands are in a fist, middle and index fingers are extend but the non-dominant hand is lower the dominant.
Inu means Dog. Both hands fingertips of middle, ring fingers, and thumbs touching; tips of the index fingers touching on the sides of first joint of the middle finger.
Ryu means Dragon. Dominant hand is in a fist but has middle and index finger extended as the non-dominant hand is wrapped around the finger with the middle and index finger up..
Makai means Demon World this world is where youkai resign.
Nagamaki is like the katana except the handle and the blade is the same length as each other. This weapon was typically used by samurai's wives for defense. Nagamaki is also a steak dish served in Asian cuisine. When a strip of steak is flattened and wrapped and tied around onions, then cooked (pretty funny, huh?).
Acid claws: Toya can place acid into his claws, it doesn't harm him, and use it to eat away at his opponent.
Baka means idiot.To label someone an idiot you say, “(Name of person) no baka.”
Nezumi means Rat. Haven't figured out this one either.
Uma means Horse. Same thing as the monkey except thumb and index are separated by a few inches.
Usagi means Hare. Haven't figured out this one either.
Fire Shield Ninjutsu: Hand signs: Serpent, Tiger, Dog, and Dragon. This ninjutsu uses the users' chakra to create a shield of fire. Depending on how big the user wants the shield to be depends on how much chakra the user gives to create it.
Speed Ninjutsu. Hand signs: Rat, Horse, Hare, and Tiger. This ninjutsu speeds up the user to the molecular structure so it seems like the user speeds up and it appears to the user that everyone speeds down. To keep the ninjutsu going the user must hold in their breath as long as they can. Yamakaza has mastered this ninjutsu but rarely uses this because the side effect makes the body older each time one uses it. By the end of her high school years she looks two years older than she really is.