Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ People are Never Who They Appear to Be A Hanyou Story ❯ Trying to Figure Out Idane Iemochi, Yamakaza ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Talking” `Thought”
Chapter 2
Trying to Figure Out Idane Iemochi,Yamakaza
Yamakaza turned to aunt and said after Neko-youkai was taken to the quarantining, “Aunt we need to get his records. He has to be Neko-youkai, I know he is.”
“Do you know how dangerous that is?” aunt Kudaku asked.
“Yes, but we need them!”
“. . . What I want you to know is that what I might get may not be good.”
“I know . . . but I feel I need to do this . . . for him and I don't think he is capable of doing what they said he did.
“Alright,” then sarcastically said, “But it's your fault if I get caught.”
  
A ninja slipped in Reikailooking like an oni, thanks to the Transformingninjutsu, and found their way into the Reikai file storage. The oni disguise disappeared to reveal a woman in a full black shinobi shozokuand she quickly hacked into the Reikai database from their own computers. She looked up Neko-youkai and found his file. She quickly shut down the computer and went the file cabinet that held the file but instead of taken just his she took all the ones under the Saigo Made name. She made exact copies of the files putting them into the filing cabinet and put the real ones into her hidden vest pouch on the inside of the back of her vest.
She closed the cabinet when she heard someone opening the door. She slipped her arms into her vest as she silently jumped on top of one of the tall filing cabinets. She didn't want to take the chance of them hearing her zip the vest and left it opened. She crouched down as she watched a young ferry girl with blue hair come running in, grabbed a file folder off of one of the desks, and then ran out. The woman jumped down from her perch and did her transformation ninjutsu so she could be an oni. She made a quick dash to the gates and washome free.
  
“I hope you're happy, Yama-chan,” aunt Kudaku said as she put the files on her niece's desk.
“Thank you, aunt!” she cried.
She opened the first file on top that said `Saigo Made, Munaku' and started to read. Kudaku just watched her fora minute before heading down to the kitchen. Yamakaza read through the file sheets thoroughly before making a replica of the sheet on a new paper with her reproduction ninjutsu and once she was done with all of them Kudaku took them back to Reikai.
  
Koenma looked at the girl in front of him and asked, “You're sure you want to take this case?”
“I'm sure,” said the girl with light blue hair, down to her waist, and eyes, about five eight, wearing jeans, and a blue short shirt, “I have a feeling I need to be on this one. We really need to know if he really did kill her.”
“Alright, you're on this case with Kurama-kun and Hiei-kun.”
She growled out of anger as she heard the names.
  
The next morning at school, Yamakaza sat in class totally bored out of her mind. She hated acting like an innocent school girl but it kept everyone thinking that she was just an ordinary girl. She did get suspicious of Shuichi when he asked her if she found anything else in the cave. To tell the truth she didn't even tell the head of the household yet and she wasn't planning on telling anyone what she found that day only that she found the missing body of Chikako. She trusted Shuichi but not enough to open herself up to him.
Their English sensei stepped out of the room for a few minutes before coming in and asking her to come outside. As she stepped out the sensei introduced her to the new student, “Idane Iemochi-san this is Hegareshi, Opal-san. She needs to be shown around the grounds.”
“Yes, sir,” she answered cheerfully but respectfully with a bow. After the sensei left she said to Opal as she bowed, “Hello, I'm Idane Iemochi, Yamakaza as you heard.”
“Nice to meet you,” she answered.
Yamakaza noticed that Opal was wearing the boys' uniform instead of the girls and she was about to tell her about the rules but decided against it instead she said, “If you'd follow me and let me see your seclude, I'll show you the hall your classes are located at.”
Opal handed her seclude to her, making her long brown hair sway while her bluish green cat like eyes said she didn't want to be there, and, just like what Yamakaza wanted, she took the sheet as she sensed her power. She quickly strengthened her mind barrier and was satisfied when she saw Opals' shocked look on her face. She looked at the sheet and was very surprised that they both almost had the same exact seclude. She looked up and smiled at her, “It looks like we have several classes together. If you would,” before she walked towards the science hall.
“I heard from my friend here that you are on the Student Council. That seems like an odd after class activity to do exceptionally for a girl like you.”
“Well not really, I'm actually holding the Student Council Treasurer position. I design the dance, the class trips, and other things like that while keeping it all in the budget. I'm also on the tennis team, even though my doctor warns me not to because of my asthma.” `She's trying to get me to slip something like I would my ninja training has taught me not to.'
Opal watched Yamakaza as she was led through the halls to the classrooms, `Either she's good at blocking out telepathies or she really is part of the Takashi clan. Well, her mother maiden name is Manasha and that is kind of a common name but it's too close to sounding like Takashi. As I remember people called the Takashi Clan the greatest ninja family ever no other ninja clan could beat them at any of the ninja skills.'
Yamakaza interrupted her thoughts and said, “Here's the Science room.”
“Now this is my class,” as she smiled.
“But that's not until period two and we still have several other classrooms to go by.”
As they continued on Opal thought, `She seems too calm and she acts way too cheerfully. I can't even tell what level her of power is or the type of power she uses. She's just as good as Kurama or better when it comes to disguising her emotions. This'll be harder than I thought.'
`She must be Neko-youkai's half sister, strange; I never thought I would be in position. Well, I have never thought of it but I didn't think this would actually happen to me.'
They stepped out into the sun and Yamakaza heard Opal mumble, “This is one weird school.”
She looked at her and smiled at her surprised face, knowing what she meant, “I see you noticed my hair. It's naturally dark ember red and you can see that in sunlight but the lights in the school make it look like it's brown.”
“Right . . .”
Yamakaza suddenly sensed something watching her and spun around to look at the top of a building to see it but there was nothing.
“What is it?” Opal asked concerned as she looked in the same direction as her.
“. . . Nothing I just thought someone was watching me. Shall we continue?”
At lunch Yamakaza couldn't believe that Opal had started to follow her. She couldn't stand it! She just wanted to look through the new addition of her weaponry magazine since she already read the Moon Cat's Eye Makimono, to find a new hankyu to replace the one that broke, in the peaceful sanctuary of the library. Instead she pretend to work on her science homework at least until Opal left but she wouldn't.
`Just because we have the same classes together it doesn't mean she has to follow me around,' she thought to herself. The bell rang and she quickly gathered up her stuff and headed to the girls' locker room with Opal in tow. Opal was really getting on her nerves and she hoped that gym class would take her mind off of the new girl.
 
Opal secretly watched Yamakaza, to see if she had any secret markings on her body, as they got ready for gym class and she did notice the other girl was wearing a long sports bra. Unlike the other girls who just wore a bra that didn't cover their middle, it was like she was hiding something. She also noticed that Yamakaza had well toned muscles exceptionally in her arms and abdomen, obvious signs of her working on mostly martial arts that dealt with upper body strength.
After role call they warmed up and did two runs around the track. She then noticed that Yamakaza's leg muscles were also well developed too, but when she ran she stayed in the middle of the groups instead of running ahead of everybody. Opal could tell that Yamakaza was a loner but acted like she wasn't and talked to several other girls. She could tell by just the look on her face that she didn't like to be around others but did anyways.
 
Yamakaza waited outside Kichiro's school gates when she heard him cry out. She ran in and saw him under another boy trying to block his punches to his face as other students started to crowd around them. She grabbed the other boy by his collar, pulled him off her bother, and quickly scooped him up into her arms out of the other boys' reach. He wrapped his arms around her neck as he tried not to cry. She quickly left before any of the students could start to make fun of him.
She ran to their house, closed the door, and took him into the bathroom to take care of his cuts. She set him on the sink and asked, “Are you okay?”
“Yea,” he answered quietly.
“You didn't want me to interfere, did you?”
He sadly shook his head.
“Well, soon there will someone who can help you.”
“Who?” he asked perking up a little.
“Saigo Made, Neko-youkai, but his name is now Neko and he's an expert in some martial arts and the ways of the katana.”
“Really? Cool! When will he be coming?”
“We're not sure, he's in the hospital.”
“Oh,” as his voice dropped.
“Don't worry, it shouldn't take him long to heal,” she promised.
“Is he strong?”
“Yes, very strong, in a way he's like a youkai.”
“You mean he's a . . .”
“Yup!” she nodded.
“Cool!”
“I just hope I can convince him I'm not who he thinks I am.”
“You're having man trouble,” he teased.
“I'm not! He just tried to strangle me yesterday.”
The next morning as Yamakaza dropped Kichiro off at school the bully's ani was waiting at the gate for them. The bully cried, “That's the girl who punched me!”
`Punched him, oh please!' she thought as she rolled her eyes, `They must be from Natashi's side of the town.'
The teen approached her cracking his knuckles as he asked, “So, you're the one who punched my bother?”
She handed Kichiro a small bag before she answered, “Actually, I just grabbed your bother and put him aside so he would stop beating up my bother.”
“Are you calling bother a liar?”
“Apparently yes,” as she stood tall as she could.
“Just because you're a girl doesn't mean I won't kick your ass.”
“Who says you'll be able to touch it?” she said sarcastically as she continued as a challenged, “Besides I don't like it when boys try to.”
“That's it!” he exclaimed as he raised his clenched fist and ran at her.
She sighed sidestepping when he was close enough to her and said, “You have a bad form you'll never hit me like that.”
He regained his balance and stared at her in disbelief. He ran at her again to hit her in the face. Instead she dropped her bag, grabbed his outstretched arm, twisted it behind his back as she went behind him, and held him against the ground. They heard the children in the schoolyard cheering as Yamakaza held him down. “Told you, you wouldn't be able to touch me,” before she released his arm, picking up her bag as she stood in front of him and waited until he left. She looked at Kichiro and said, “I'll see you after school.”
“Bye!” he exclaimed happily.
She ran to the school couldn't believe that the teen had made her late. She reached for the doorknob and fell forward when the door was opened. She heard the class laugh as the sensei said, “I'm glad you could join us today, Yamakaza-san.”
She stood up, bowed, and answered, “I'm sorry. A boy from my bother's school told his brother that I punched him, which isn't true, and his brother made a scene which led to me being late. I'm sorry it won't happen again.”
The sensei looked at her before stating, “Idane Iemochi-san, you don't look like the fighting type.”
“Yeah, I'm usually not, but I took a self-defense class when I little, so I would know how to defend myself if I needed to,” with a smile.
“Very well take your sit.”
She didn't notice Shuichi looking at her suspiciously or Opal putting away a file she had out when she sat beside her.
After school there was a girl that looked like Yamakaza, except she had slightly longer hair and wore a loose t-shirt and jean shorts, stood in front to the school gates. Everyone knew she was from the other side of town by the way she leaned against the school's gate and the way she was dressed. No one could tell if she could hear them talking about her or just didn't care enough to be bothered by it. Yamakaza didn't even notice her until she said, “Oi! Are you just going walk right by me or are you going to say hi?”
She turned to look at her for a moment before she smiled and said surprised, “Natashi-san, took ya long enough to visit!”
“Well, I've been busy.”
“Really? I didn't know ditching was considered busy.”
“Um . . . Yamakaza-san?” asked one girls in her class, “Do you really know her?”
“Yeah, we were both took the same self-defense class.”
“Yamakaza-san,” Natashi brought her attention back to herself, “I heard ya did a number on the gang boy this morning. I'll tell ya one thing he's not the type to hurt your brother to get back at ya, he'll go for ya. He's not too happy about it and decided to go after ya this afternoon.”
“When does he plan on coming?”
“In a few minutes . . .”
“You could've just called me you do have my cell phone number.”
“I know but I planned to deal with him myself, he's been giving me problems anyways.”
“Whatever you say.” They heard several girls gasp and they both turned to see a group of boys coming up to the school. Yamakaza looked at the girl and asked in a whisper, “I haven't had a good fight in awhile, do you mind if we double team?”
“Naw,” she answered with a smile.
“Great,” she looked around and saw Shuichi coming out the school. She smiled as she and Natashi ran towards the gang boys. As she passed Shuichi she yelled while throwing her bag at him, “Shuichi-kun! Hold this!”
He looked up and instinctively caught the bag in his hand. He watched her as she ran with another girl, who looked almost the same, towards a gang of boys that were from Yusuke's side of the town. He was about to stop her but decided to wait to see what she could do.
At long last, Yamakaza felt adrenal start flowing through her veins as they headed towards the gang. It had been a long time since her and Natashi worked together as a team. They hadn't done teamwork since they were in their squad team missions. So when they worked together no one could stop them and this fight was no exception. When they were done Natashi said goodbye and went over to Shuichi to get her bag.
She bowed to him and said, “Arigato, Shuichi-kun.”
He smiled and handed her bag back as he answered, “You're welcome. Who was that girl?”
“Oh, her? She was in my self defense class but we never really got along though we could stand each other,” as she took her bag, “Well, I need to go pick up Ki-chan! Bye!”
Opal came up as he watched her leave and said, “Strange how the one person you wouldn't except to fight fights and has no remorse for the injuries she causes.”
“You're right . . . I think Hiei and I will pay her a visit unless you want to come instead.”
“I'll come; I'm interested in what she's capable of.”
  
Yamakaza, wearing her glasses, sat at her desk in her room studying for hernext test when she heard a knock at her door. She lifted off her head as she looked at her door and called, “Come in.”
Kichiro came in rubbing his eyes as he held the wolf stuffed animal that she had made him for her first sewing class project.
“Ki-chan, you're supposed to be in bed,” as she set her glasses down to walk over to him, “What's wrong?”
“I know . . . but I thought there was something outside watching us . . .” before he yawned.
Over the years she learned to trust Kichiro when he woke up in the night and said something like that. She went to the window, leaned against the wall next to it, and opened the side of the curtain a little bit to look outside. She didn't see anything but she sensed there was something out there and without turning to him she told in a commanding voice, “Kichiro, get on my bed and don't leave it. I'm going to take a look outside.”
With Kichiro, over the years he learned to trust in her abilities along with many other things about the secrets of their mother's clan. He got onto the bed before Yamakaza closed the see through curtains of her western style bed and activated the protection spell. She realized that she hadn't sensed them before because she was so busy studying or else she would've sensed the two very expertly disguised energy signatures.
She walked out of the room as she hid her Zai(Sai) between the outside of her thighs and the material of her pants that she usually wore in the evening, both in easy reach to pull out. Unfortunately, she had just ordered her new hankyu and it wasn't going to come in until two more weeks. She closed the front door and stepped into the middle of their small yard before calling out, “I know you're out here! Show yourself . . . Reikai Tanteis!”
“Looks like we've been found out,” she heard a familiar male voice from the bushes.
“Believe me, I've known for a while now that you had powers but I didn't know you were a Reikai Tanteis, Minamino, Shuichi-kun.”
He chuckled as he stepped out of the bushes with a rose in his hand and he finally said, “Actually, I was curious about your real family history that you haven't told anyone about.”
“For your information that's none of your business and as for you . . .” she pulled out a shurikenand threw it into the other bushes adjutant from her.
They heard a yelp from a girl as it hit above her head in the tree behind her. “Those things are dangerous!”
Without looking away from Shuichi stated, “Not unless you know how to use them right.”
Opal came out as she held the shuriken and said, “This is incredible! They're well crafted!”
“I know,” she simple answered as she raised her hand and called the weapon to her hand, “my family is the only family to master making ninja weapons and perfected all the ninja skill known and unknown to the world.”
“Why are you telling us these?” he asked as the rose in his hand turned into a whip as his instincts told him that something was about to happen.
“Because,” as she put her hands together and did the head signs for the Memory Blocker jutsu; of O-ushi, Tori, Tora, and Saru, “in the next few moments you won't remember.”
She ran at Shuichi after she focused her reiki (chakra) into her fingers. She still didn't know what power he had and didn't expect him to hold up a rose in his hand and turn it into whip as he twirled it around him. She put both feet on the ground right in front of him; just far enough away not to get hit by his whip, flipping backwards, she landed behind Opal, and used two fingers hit her in the middle of her forehead. She jumped back as Opal fell over and stood tall as Shuichi stared at her in disbelief.
“Shuichi-kun, I warn you just because we know each other, doesn't mean I'll hold back. I've been trained to fight without remorse.”
“Then why are you holding back by telling me this?” he asked as he prepared for anything unexpected.
“Because . . . I hoped you would be different than arrogant people that surround us in this world . . . I want a friend who I can talk to but I guess I was wrong you just want to sneak around and not just ask and tell me up front about this type of thing,” before she put her hands together again started to do the Memory Blocker jutsu.
“Not this time,” as Shuichi called upon his plant to wrap around her ankles to hold her feet to the ground, he already knew she was faster than he was and he didn't want to take the chance in find out want the jitsu did.
Yamakaza looked down at her feet startled but quickly turned her gaze back to Shuichi. `He thinks he has me but as long as I have one hand is holding the jutsu I can use the other to free myself.'
Shuichi thought he got her before she suddenly pulled a Sai out from between her pants. She used it to cut her legs quickly free as she held her other hand clenched, glowing visibly with her dark red chakra flowing around it.
`Strange . . . she ningen but she has a small amount of youkiinside her reiki,' he thought. Before he had a chance to block her attack she used two fingers that were glowing to hit him in the forehead, just like Opal he fell unconscious.
She sighed as she looked at Opal and Shuichi laying in the front yard and decided to Teleportthem to their homes. Unfortunately for Opal she didn't know where she lived and decided to teleport her to the park. Unlike Shuichi she had been to his house and teleported him to his room.
 
Reikai means Spirit World this is where Spirits go to begin the rebirth process.
Ninjutsu or jutsu, for short, are typically used to distract or deceive the ninjas' opponents. There are some that can do things to people's minds. There are some ninjas who have a few jutsu that they're good at or they perfected.
Shinobi shozoku is skin tight, typically black, clothes for a ninja. They were typically used for theatre when they changed the background.
Oi means `Hey!' and six other meanings but that all depends on the type of kanji you use.
Zai is the word used for two Sai.
Sai is Yamakaza's main weapon is for close range battle. She can also detach the blade from the handle so she can send her fire through it to make it anything she wants. This isn't mentioned in Chapter 2: Trying to Figure out Idane IemochiYamakaza, but she gets into a fight with Shuichi she suddenly becomes distracted and he hits her across the face with his whip. He doesn't remember that she fire because of the Memory Blocker and she releases the blade from the handle of her Sai and made her fire into a whip. She says the all too famous words, “If you play with fire be prepared to be burned.”
Sai (釵) is a weapon found predominantly in Okinawa (there is evidence of similar weapons in India, China, Malaysia and Indonesia). Its basic form is that of an unsharpened dragger, with two long, unsharpened projections, tsuba, attached to the handle. The very end of the handle is called the knuckle. Sai are constructed in a variety of forms. The Sai's utility as a weapon is reflected in its distinctive shape. With skill, it can be used effectively against a long sword by trapping the sword's blade in the Sai's tsuba. It has been alleged that skilled users were able to snap a caught blade with a twist of the hand. There are several different ways of wielding the Sai in the hands, which give it the versatility to be used both lethally and non-lethally.
Traditionally, Sai were carried in threes, two at the side, as primary weapons, and a third tucked behind, in case one was disarmed or to pin an enemy's foot to the sandy Okinawa ground. As a thrown weapon, the Sai have a lethal range of about 20-30 feet. Throwing the Sai was typically used against an opponent with a sword, Bo or other long range weapon. The heavy iron (or in contemporary versions, steel) Sai concentrate enough force to punch through armor.
One way to hold it is by gripping the handle with all of your fingers and hooking your thumbs into the area between the tsuba and the main shaft. This allows you to change effortlessly between the long projection and the back, blunt side. The change is made by putting pressure on your thumbs and rotating the Sai around until it is facing backwards and your index finger is aligned with the handle. The Sai is generally easier to handle in this position. The knuckle end is good for concentrating the force of a punch and the long shaft can be wielded to thrust at enemies, to serve as a protection for a blow to the forearm or to stab as one would use a common dagger.
Reikai Tanteis means Spirit Detectives.
Shuriken is a throwing dagger; it has typically four sharp ends, sometimes five, it's used by ninjas in fights to kill or distract.
Memory Blocker Ninjutsu. Hand signs: Ox, Bird, Tiger and Monkey. This ninjutsu was never used back when Chikako was alive but the family started to use it when life started to modernize and people started to not believing in ninjas and samurais as much as before.
O-ushi means Ox. Haven't figured this one out yet I'll update this document once I figure it out.
Tori means Bird. Wrist crossing, fingers spread, thumbs locked together.
Saru means Monkey. (bat man mask) Japanese money sign with both hands right side up with fingers slightly curled as if holding a ball as the thumbs and index touch each other.
Youki comes from creatures like hanyous and full blooded demons; this energy is more powerful than human because they knew how to use it.
Teleporting Jutsu. Hand signs: Dragon. As it sounds it teleports you to anywhere you want as long as you've been there before or know what it looks like. All Takashi ninjas know how to use this ninjutsu and they mainly use it to get away from enemies that are stronger than them.