Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ People are Never Who They Appear to Be A Hanyou Story ❯ Neko’s First 21st Century Classes ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I really hate prologues so you can just skip this and go to the story part but I just put this in hope you viewer will R&R. I really would like your opinion on my chapters.
 
“Talking” `Thought”
Chapter 9
Neko's First 21st Century Classes
 
Neko sensed Yamakaza starting to catch up to him and was not expecting her sudden tackle. He looked at her surprised as she looked at him sternly. She stood up allowing him to stand and said, “Thanks to your little claustrophobic incident I'll be asked all source of questions.”
 
He stood up and asked, “Why don't you just leave then? It's like a lot of things have changed.”
 
“Neko-kun a lot of things have changed since you were alive. Now a day, there's no farm work or . . . missions.”
 
He looked at her stunned and finally said, “I see . . . so I have to do what you do now too.”
 
“Yea, it's not much fun but it is a lot easier. In any case I have your schedule I'll show you around.”
 
 
Neko went through the whole day hiding behind Izu and Shuichi as girls continuously asked question about him. It was now gym which he soon learned that the boys and girls classes were separate and he also learned that he hated the gym uniforms. Fortunately the boys were having gym inside on this day so he wouldn't have to worry about the girls. Neko watched as some of the teen tried to replicate the move of a video games, which was new to him, and began to chuckle.
 
The teen turned him and said, “If it's so funny why don't you get up here and you do it!”
 
“Very well,” as he got up and smiled to himself as the teens looked at him like he couldn't do it. “Well, first off you guys have your stance wrong,” putting himself into his fighting stance, “but I'll remind you that there are different stances. This one, though, this is the stance and secondly this is called the `Cherry Blossom Kick'.” He jumped into the air and as he spun his body clockwise he threw out his right leg to kick. He, of course, land it successfully and finally turned to the gaping teens. “You were saying . . .” and then turned back to sit down.
 
Somehow during the middle of class the same teens asked him to teach them martial arts. Neko couldn't refuse he had taught many of the Takashi kids' how to fight so it wouldn't be a big deal and told them he would but they would have to wait until the week later after he got his bearings. At his next class which was science, he soon realized how annoying Opal was but being good natured person at heart he couldn't get angry at her. To him it seemed that she wanted to see if she could get him angry but by the end of class she seemed disappointed of angry.
 
After classes were over Izu gave Neko a quick escape from the girls by inviting him to a gym but called it a dojo so he would understand a little better. Yamakaza said it was alright with her as long as he wouldn't be out for long and Izu promised they wouldn't before they quickly left. None of them noticed a dark figure watching them throughout the day until he cornered Yamakaza in an alley.
 
  
 
Neko and Izu were having fun at the gym as they got Neko a membership. As Izu gave him the tour Neko noticed that Izu would look at one particular woman, he heard her name was Sekushii a muddy orange Yoko, all the time and it was near the end of the tour when Neko noticed that the gym was meant for hanyous.
 
  
 
Yamakaza gasped as the dark figure had her up against a wall of an alley with a katana as dark youki around it. She showed the man with long slightly puffy blood red hair flowing down his back no sign of fear as he tried to draw it from her. She started to do a jutsu but then slashes appeared on the back and on the palms of her hands and it took her a minute to realize it before she screamed out in pain for her body couldn't stop the pain this time.
 
She felt the blade against her throat as the man said while tears fell from her eyes, “You may be good at deceiving but you're not very good at keeping it hidden.”
 
She felt hot blood slid down her skin of her hands but she just glared at the man showing him only anger in her eyes as she said, “You seem to know a lot about me but there's one thing you don't know.”
 
“What's that?”
 
“I have an ally and you might remember him.”
 
“Who wou-” he had no more time to ask for Hiei slashed at him as Yamakaza tried her best as to stay out of range by pressing herself against the wall behind her. The man didn't seem to want to take any chances with them and left.
 
Hiei was about to follow until he heard Yamakaza's knees hit the ground and as he turned to her he saw what was causing her so much pain. Blood was now rapidly dropping from her hands and it was apparent that her body wasn't able to block the pain. He regretfully started to go for his cloak until he saw Yamakaza try to, painfully, open her bag with her wounded hands. He quickly took the bag and found a small first-aid kit inside it.
 
He looked at her questionably as she gave him a small smile and said, “You don't know how many times I needed this after youkai encounters.”
 
He shrugged and began to temporarily bandage up her hands. Just as he finished they heard a young man ask, “Yamakaza-san, are you alright?”
 
They both looked up and saw, compared to Neko, slighter taller westerner with hair of sand in a doctors' uniform stood in front of the alley staring at them. For Hiei the man was an enemy but for Yamakaza he was a friend because she answered him, “I'm fine Scott-kun but . . .”
 
“Don't worry it was obvious that this . . . um . . . man was helping you,” he said cautiously. “What happened to your hands'?”
 
“Uh . . . they were cut,” she said sarcastically as she noticed Hiei disappear.
 
“Yeah, that was a dumb question. Lets' get you back to your house.”
 
By the time Scott drove up to the house Yamakaza had fainted from the pain. When she finally woke up she was in the living room with both of her hands were stitched and bandaged up. There were two notes on the coffee table along with some medicine. The note was just instruction of her not using her hands for about a week and how to use the medicine. Under that piece of paper a doctors' note to tell the teachers why she couldn't use her hands.
 
`My hands must be pretty bad if he needed to leave all this,' she thought, `But Toya-kun . . . according to his file he always loved his brother and for that matter loved his family. There was no hatred between them so why does he want to kill him now. Maybe Hiei-kun will know.'
 
It was at that point Neko and Izu came in laughing at each other but Neko stopped when he smelled the scent of blood. He came into the living room and saw Yamakaza sitting on the couch as she tried to hold a piece of paper in her hands. He went over to her and asked, “What happened?”
 
She looked at him startled and answered, “Just had a run in with a powerful youkai, that's all.”
 
He gently took hold of her hand, she didn't notice his nose slightly move as he smelled the scent, and said after a moment, “You had a run in with the youkai who took my wakizashi.”
 
“What?” now even more confused.
 
“A tall youkai in black attacked me and Chikako on our way home from a mission. We were able to take him but not without injury and he took my wakizashi as he got away. He said to me that I would be the one to pay for what my father did.”
 
“Did you know him?”
 
“No! If I did then I would've gone after him and killed him! But I never saw him again . . .” he said with regretful and angry voice.
 
Yamakaza was so stunned at his response that she couldn't believe it was the same kind, gentle man that she gotten use to.
 
Neko seemed to realize what he did and apologized, “I'm sorry . . .”
 
“Don't worry, you have every right to be angry, you just surprised me. You're always so gentle spoken that it just took me by surprise.”
 
The next day Neko came to school alone and without thinking he used his skills to avoid the girls' to quickly get to he's next class. When he got to class Shuichi meant him at the door and asked, “Neko-kun, have you seen Yamakaza-san?”
 
“Yes, but she won't be coming because she hurt her hands,” he told him.
 
“That's too bad.”
 
“Why?”
 
“Because Daiki-kun asked me to give her this note,” as he held up a piece of paper that he pulled from his pocket.
 
“I can give it her, I never read someone else's messages anyways. Who is Daiki-kun?”
 
“Alright, but it's probably another love note he has such a huge crush on Yamakaza-san. He's the Student Council President,” as he walked past him.
 
At gym, the sensei yelled at Neko for not wearing but Neko just calmly told him, “I can't wear shoes because my feet are what you say deformed and here's the note from the doctor saying I can't.”
 
The sensei wasn't happy but he had to accept it and told the teens to head to the track. They were doing a relay race and Neko and Izu were one of the last four groups to go up so they just sat in the grass to wait their turn. Neko noticed Izu pull out an ipod almost like Kichiro's but bigger. Izu saw him looking at it and handed it to him for him to look at. He said, “It's an ipod-”
 
“I know what it is but what does it do?” Neko asked quickly.
 
“Well, it plays music, here,” as he pulled out head phones. These head phones were just like any other head phones except the real speakers were on top of the head where most animal youkai's ears are. He placed them on Neko's head and pushed play.
 
The song that was playing was `Fiesta De La Noche' by O-Zone and it took a minute before Neko totally forgot about everyone else around him. He started to do a slight head banging then he got up and started to do some outrageous dance moves as he tried to sing along. He seemed inclined to keep his arms stretched outward from the side of body as he moved his' hips side to side. He tried to sing, “Ma ra he. Ma ra hu. Ma ra ha, ha. Ma ra he. Ma ra hu. Ma ra ha, ha. Ma ra he. Ma ra hu. Ma ra ha, ha.” He paused a moment as he continued to dance while he mouthed the words for awhile. “No, no a! No, no a! . . . Fiesta De Ra Noche!”
 
Izu looked up at the girls as they began to cheer for Neko but he hadn't noticed them and still continued to dance. He wanted to stop him but decided against it because what Neko was doing was so funny. Now Neko was tapping one foot on the ground, had one hand on his hip as they still moved side to side, and the other hand outstretched in front of him. It just so happened that Shuichi just finished his relay and stopped to stare at Neko oddly. He looked at Izu and he just shrugged as he deliberately showed his ipod.
 
Shuichi looked around and saw one of the teens recording the scene. Izu finally couldn't take it anymore and he swiped kicked Neko's feet right out from under him. Neko sat up and yelled, “What the hell was that for?”
 
“Well, I didn't want you to miss your audiences' reaction,” Izu told him as he pointed his thumb over his shoulder.
 
Neko followed it and began to blush a deep red as the girls cried out, “Saigo Made-kun! You're so cute!”
 
He took off the head phones and turned his back to them. Then all of a sudden he turned to them and yelled, “Well, you should see me do a tradition dance!”
 
He heard the sensei yelled out, “Next teams!”
 
“Thank goodness,” he mumbled.
 
Neko stood impatiently at the last few meters of the race as the others came running down the track. Izu was before him to get the stick thingy (the baton) and he was running towards him. Neko wouldn't be surprised if Izu didn't trip over his feet right before he got to him, so he got prepared to sprint for the stick and run back down the track if Izu did drop it. Just as he expected Izu tripped but baton flew out of his hand and far over Neko's head. He sighed as his team cried out in disappointment and he sprinted for the baton. He could tell that on two legs he wouldn't able to grab it, so, instinctively took a leap and landed on his hands to start running on all four.
 
He didn't notice everyone's gapping mouths as everything went to a dead silence when he gathered himself up and jumped into the air. He caught it in his mouth and when he landed he tumbled over himself since he still wasn't use to the rubbery track ground but he still was able to win the race since he tumble right over the finish line. Neko rolled onto his rump and looked around curiously like a dog as everyone stopped to stare in disbelief. To make everyone truly believe that he was raised with wolves Neko got into an animal sitting position and lifted up his right leg to scratch an itch behind his fake ear.
 
After just about two weeks Yamakaza was able to come back to school and learned that Neko had become very popularly with the teenaged girls and boys, though, he took refuge behind Izu or Yamakaza whenever a few of teenaged girls tried to talk to him. He did go hang out with some of the men from the gym class sometimes but he mainly stayed by Yamakaza's side and soon rumors started to spread about them. The most popularly one was the one of Yamakaza secretly dating Neko even though she said she doesn't date.
 
She had to take refuge in the Council room most of her free period, though, not hide from the rumor but to hide her cut hands. They hadn't fully healed and she still couldn't pick up anything very will. But recently she consciously started to notice that Kazuki had a strange aura around him and it scared her. It was rare for peoples' auras to scare her but his did and she recently would call Shuichi over for no apparent reason whenever Kazuki came over to her. It became obvious that Shuichi noticed after third time she called him over because now he would just come over to her automatically when he saw Kazuki come over to her.
 
She was very thankful that he did come over without her calling him but it was still odd for her to feel comfortable around him. In Yamakaza's view it was like she was becoming soft and she didn't like the sound of it because anyone who wanted to put Neko in jail was her enemy. It wasn't until they had to join sides that following day did she realize the truth and noticed that Neko was feeling down.
 
“Neko-kun what's wrong?” she asked as she sat down under the tree he was in at her home.
 
He sat there in silence for a moment and finally asked, “Why isn't there any honor among these ningens? Why isn't there any warriors going around?”
 
“Neko-kun . . . things have changed over the four centuries, a decade, and two years since you've been trapped in the cave. There are still samurais alive but not a lot . . . ninjas are still alive and thriving-”
 
“What about the Clan? How are they holding up?”
 
“Our work mainly deals with youkais now since the ningens and youkais have been put into separate worlds. We sometimes deal with ningens with immense spiritual powers or power driven politic but other then that we continue the old Takashi way.”
 
“. . . My world . . . I once knew is gone . . . I have no choice but to go along with it . . .” she heard him and thought he was talking to her.
 
“I know it's going to be difficult-”
 
“What?” he looked at her startled.
 
She looked back at him, “I thought . . . weren't you talking to me . . .”
“No, I was writing in my journal writing poetry . . . I talk to myself sometimes.”
 
“Oh . . . let me see,” as she jumped onto a branch beside him.
 
Most youkai and hanyous have some limb from their youkai heritage if they don't; they usually have pointed ears or look human.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
58
 
 
1