Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ People are Never Who They Appear to Be A Hanyou Story ❯ Encounter with the Thief of the Three Worlds ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Talking” `Thought”
Chapter 15
Encounter with the Thief of the Three Worlds
Natashi was in one of the youkai market places, wearing spats, sarashi, and wore a closed happiover the sarashi, looking at some the displays of treasures while she listened to her zorimade a soft clipping noise. When she spotted a valuable item she made clone make a distraction so she could swipe it. When her pack was halfway full of treasures she decided to go sell them herself along with some Ningenkai items. That was until she was outside the market place and spotted Kurama walking down the path towards her. She hid behind a tree and a zukinaround her head. She stepped out and started to walk down the path.
“Nice disguise,” Kurama surprised her as they walked past each other.
“I don't know what you're talking about,” as she continued to look neutral.
“Spirit Cuffs!” she suddenly heard Yusuke yell from behind her.
“What?” she instinctive jumped into the air to avoid them but she reacted too late. The cuffs locked onto her ankles and when she landed she fell face first onto the ground. “Damn!”
“Good job Kurama. You spotted her just in time,” she heard Kuwabara.
`What those two are with Reikai too? Doesn't matter they're not smart enough to realize who I am,' she thought as she reached down towards her ankles and shot her reiki into the cuffs. She jumped to her feet and ran as she yelled, “So longya'll suckers!”
She could already feel them coming after her and decided to have some fun with them since she didn't see Hiei around that meant that he was pretending to be preoccupied. She did the hand signs of Hebi, O-hitsuji, O-ushi, and Usagi to make two clonesof herself. `Let's see them catch me now,' as she commanded the other two clones to two different directions while she went in another.
She looked behind her to see who was following her and saw it was Kurama. `Damn! Of all-”
She didn't have a chance to think anymore because a thorny whip struck a tree beside her as she heard Kurama yell, “Rose Whip!”
She turned in mid-air and threw her own seeds at him that spurted into vines to block his way. She turned around and sped off hoping she could get some distance between them. She felt the red head's whip wrap around her left calf to her thigh and try to pull her down to the ground. She grabbed onto a branch swung herself hard in an effort to throw Kurama off of her. Instead the whip ripped the skin of her leg even more and he yanked her down to the ground. She hit the ground, she slowly sat up to look at her leg and saw it was covered in blood.
She looked at him with angry in her eyes as tears of pain filled her eyes. When she saw his startled look she took the opportunity to cut herself free and run the best as she could. She made the Worlds Portal jutsu to Ningenkai to her home. She gasped in pain as she fell through the portal into her living room. The portal closed behind her as she tried to move.
`Oh, gods! It hurts!' she thought as she dragged herself towards her room. By the time she got to her forest looking room buther blood had already was soaked into the carpet. She dragged herself to her tree bed and lay down as she set her bag on the floor.
  
Kurama stood in the stupefied at the fact that he let the thief got away but the look on her face stopped him. He had seen it before but on someone else, someone that he saved.
“Kurama, where did the thief go?” Yusuke asked as he and Kuwabara ran up to him.
He looked at him startled before saying, “She . . . got away . . .”
“Ah, man! We were so close! At least we can narrow down the search to females.”
“We still might have a chance,” said Kuwabara as he bent down by the grass covered by blood. “If we take this blood to Reikai we can identify who it belongs to.”
“Great idea Kuwabara!”
  
Natashi woke up the next morning with a splitting headache as her leg still ached. There was nothing that her healing treecould do about it and she had to sell the objects she stole before the owner noticed they were gone. She grabbed a bite to eatand headed back to Demon World still wearing the same clothes as she did the other day. She sold the items and decided to enjoy a show. She sat down at one of the table of the bar as the music started and saw a little girl on the stage dancing for the youkais.
Natashi's heart filled with anger as she began to notice that it wasn't just any stage show. The little girl was trained to dance as a pleasure show for the youkais. The little girl was forced to wear a skimpy outfit and within her eyes Natashi saw them plead with anyone to help her. Natashi didn't know why it angered her so but she couldn't stand anyone doing that to a little girl. As the show came to an end the youkais threw coins to the little girl as she bowed and went to pick up the coins.
Natashi went around to the back and waited for the little girl to go to her owner. She watched as the little girl did and hand the youkai the bag of coins she collected. She walked over to the youkai behind the stage and asked, “How much for the girl?”
The little girl stared at her scared until Natashi winked at her from underneath her zukin as the youkai told her, “This little gold mine is not for sale.”
“That's too bad because now I'm going to have to take your life,” she said coldly and before the man could react Natashi threw a punch against the man's face. As soon as the youkai hit the ground she was on top of him beating the living shit out of him. With a final blow she killed him. She got off of the youkai and summoned plants to devour the body. She turned to the girl and said, “Don't worry, I'll take you somewhere one no will force you to do something like this again. So what's your name?”
“It's Chinatsu . . .” she asked in a scared voice. “Who are you?”
“I'm Natashi,” she untied her zukin to show the girl that she was ningen. “Well, Chinatsu-san I'm going to where I live.”
“You're ningen! That means . . . Y-you're going to take me to Ningenkai . . .” she asked hopeful.
“Yes, and I'll find a family who'll take you in.”
“That-”
“What was all that noise?” they suddenly heard a youkai.
“It sounded like to came the back!” said another.
“No time to talk come on,” as Natashi quickly tied her zukin back on and grabbed the bag of coins as she threw them into her bag while grabbing Chinatsu's hand. “Whatever happens don't let go!”
“That won't be a problem,” said the little girl as her aura surrounded her.
Natashi looked behind her just as Chinatsu changed into an older version of herself. `A shape shifter . . . she not that bad for her age.'
“Where to?” Chinatsu asked in an older voice.
“Just follow me and keep up,” as she the Worlds Portal jutsu. “I'm going to open a portal. Jump through it when I slow down!”
“Alright!” and then did as Natashi said.
As Natashi jumped through she saw Chinatsu change into her originally form as she lay on the ground. She took off her zukin and stuffed it into her bag, “Let's go get something to eat.”
“Really?” the girl asked excitedly.
“Yes,” she held out her hand to the little girl as she continued, “First let's get you some different clothes.”
  
Yusuke and Kuwabara got a new mission of a little shape shifter girl killing another youkai. But it wasn't just any other youkai it was a youkai that was helping Reikai. The only problem was there no body to examine there was only blood. The body had been devoured but there was one clue a portal had been opened a few minutes after the youkais' death. So they took the same portal and ended up in front of a community center in the area they lived in.
  
Natashi suddenlysensed someone opening up the portal she used a half an hour earlier. `Damn they're already looking for me!' she thought as she handed Chinatsu some clothes and told her, “Stay here and stay hidden.”
“Alright,” before she hid in a closet.
As Natashi left the room she tied her zukin onto her head and made the hand signs Ryu to teleport out of the building. As soon as she appeared on the top of the building a ball of reiki nearly hit her face if she didn't bend backwards in time. She felt her eye start to twitch with angry as she straightened up and looked at Yusuke and Kuwabara. “You bakas! Don't you know anything about fighting a ninja?”
“Is just me or does her attitude remind you of someone?” Kuwabara asked Yusuke.
“Yeah, but what is the Thief of the Three Worlds doing here?” he asked back.
“That's none of your concern! What are you doing here?” she yelled at them.
“We're looking for a little shape shifter girl, we suspect she killed a spy of Reikai. Have you seen her?”
Natashi started to laugh and answered, “Yes, and she didn't kill anyone.”
“Then who did?”
“I did!”
“Why did you kill him?” Kuwabara asked outraged.
“Because,” she suddenly appeared in front of them, “he was using the little girl for a pleasure show. I hate bastards like him, using women and little girls just to get money. I wasn't going to leave her to that fate. Reikai should honestly keep an eye on their spies.”
“So you were just save her,” mumbled Yusuke, “come on let's go explain that to Keonma.”
“Do you think I'm that stupid,” Natashi said blatantly, “I didn't become the Thief of the Three Worlds for nothing and I know there's a big reward on my head in Demon and Reikai and I'm also the entertainment in this world.”
“Damn I thought she would just come along quietly,” he mumbled.
“Let's seeya'll catch me. Ifya'll can keep up with me then I'll come withya'll but it's highly unlikely.” She flipped to the side as Yusuke shot Spirit Cuffs at her. `Let's see how many times you can do that and reiki ball of yours'.'
She suddenly appeared behind Kuwabara as she reach into her reach into a pouch on the side of her bag and pull out a ball wrapped in paper. She threw it onto the ground and smoke surrounded them. When it cleared Kuwabara was on the ground clobbered and she looked at Yusuke silently asking him if he wanted to try his luck.
Yusuke couldn't place his finger on it but the woman looked familiar to him and there was only one woman that could beat up Kuwabara like that; even though any woman could beat him up. It was the style that she used it was the same style as Natashi. He charged at the woman and watched her jump back as he closer. But she suddenly yelped as it seemed as her foot got caught on something and fell onto her back. Yusuke stopped and looked down at her as she looked at her foot in frustration.
`I didn't tell you to do that!' she told her fairies mentally.
`We didn't,' they told her.
`Then who-' she turned to the side and saw the red head from the other day and said angrily, “You . . .”
“Looks like we caught you,” he said calmly before he found himself staring the most babyish sad face Natashi could muster.
Yusuke broke into a fit of laughter at the sight of her and both of them didn't notice her doing the hand signs for the Fire Shield Jutsu. She became all teary eyed as she said while she imitated Yamakaza's voice, “You wouldn't take in your friend, would you?”
“Huh?”
“It's me, Yamakaza . . .” as she pulled down her zukin mask from over nose while she changed her eye color. She revealed her face to him as she continued while she sniffed, “I couldn't let that youkai continue to do what he was doing to the little shape shifter girl . . . her eyes were pleading to anyone who would listen to her . . .”
“Nice try, I saw Yamakaza-san about an hour ago and she wouldn't do stuff like this.”
“Wanna bet on that? Fire Shield!” the plant on her leg was burnt into ashes as she used her hands to push herself up and kick Kurama in the face. “So long,” as she did the Teleporting Jutsu again.
 
Spats are like spandex shorts but these are for women only.
Sarashi is bleached, white cloth wrapped around the chest and once again only for women.
Happi is a simplified haori.
Zori are like flip flops except with raised toe and heel off the ground with the toes hanging off.
Zukin is a long piece of cloth that's wrapped around the head and tied at the side or the back of the head.