Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ People are Never Who They Appear to Be A Hanyou Story ❯ Christmas Play ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Talking” `Thought”
Chapter 22
Christmas Play
“You want me to do what?” Neko asked one of the girls of his English class that sat in front of him.
“I want you to be in a play based on the legend of the Takashi Ninja Clan. The romantic yet tragic tale of, the Princess Priest Ninja, Chikako-sama and her beloved, neko hanyou, Saigo Made Neko-youkai-kun,” she answered dramatically. “That reminds me are you related to this guy because you two have the same last name.”
Neko kept a straight face and said, “No I'm not related to him and why do you want me to play the part?”
“Because you look like him,” she held up a book with an old inked picture of him on one of the pages. “See you look like him except he doesn't have the scars like you do.”
“Well . . . I, uh . . .”
She suddenly started to ramble, “Yamakaza-san is finally going to be in a play of ours'. Her aunt said that she will be taking part in at least one play this year. I hope she gets the part of Chikako-sama she already has the hair and everything.”
Neko ignored her rambling and was suddenly tackled by Izu. Actually it was more of Izu getting scared half to death by something and grabbing hold of the first thing beside him. “Get off of me!” Neko yelled.
Neko grunted as they fell onto the ground and tried to pry Izu's arms off of him. Izu was practically strangling him with the choke hold around his neck and he did the whole thing he could think of. He reached down to Izu's stomach and began to tickle him. Izu eyes widened and fought the urge to laugh but it didn't last long. He soon released Neko and rolled onto the ground laughing.
Neko stood up and looked at startled girl who held a clown doll, he looked back at Izu to exclaim, “Baka! Only you would be scared of clown dolls!”
“I thought he would like it,” said the girl sheepishly.
“It's okay it wasn't your fault, Izu-kun is the only one stupid enough to be scared of the dolls and not the real thing,” he turned to her.
“The really things aren't as scary as the dolls!” Izu told them as he hid underthe desk.
Neko watched the girl walk away slowly and looked at Izu as he slowly came out from under the desk. He suddenly tackled him and started to tickle him again.
  
“I don't want to be in this play!” Yamakaza yelled as she heard about the play from her aunt.
“You're not getting out of this, this time,” her aunt told her as she sipped her tea.
“But I don't want to be in plays anymore!”
“Oh, but you were so cute as Juliet in Romeo and Juliet,” as she set her cup down.
“I was ten! I don't want to be in plays anymore!”
“Stop yelling besides Neko-kun is in the play too.”
“Now I'm definitely not going to be in it,” she said sarcastically.
“It's too late you're already signed up and I got you your script, your audition's tomorrow. I had them redo it to make it more accurate,” as she handed Yamakaza the script, “Now go practice.”
“Man, I hate this,” she griped as she looked over the script. “You're lucky I'm a fast memorizer.”
The next day was auditions time and Keko just finished as she walked off she said to Yamakaza, “Beat that.”
Yamakaza looked at her angrily and walked onto the stage. She bowed to the sensei and said, “I'm trying out for the part of Chikako-sama,” she cleared her throat and began dramatically let the words flow like water from her mouth as she moved her hands to empathize, “`How can I love such a man such as he? A man whose honor and loyalty is stronger than that of any other man could compare to! I like him even more than any other man I have ever met . . . How I wish to touch him like the wives do to their husbands . . . The only question is does he love me in return?'” she let her words hang in the air before she bowed and left the stage. She looked at Keko and said, “I just did.”
 
Neko waited for his turn when he sensed Opal coming up behind him, “Hello Opal-san . . .” as he continued to read his script.
“How did you know?” she groaned, she had gotten pretty good at sneaking up on him.
“I let you sneak up on me I'm just not in the mood today.”
They both looked up as Yamakaza got on stage and recite her part without her script in very dramatic fashion. Her voice echoed in the auditorium, “I'm trying out for the part of Chikako-sama. `How can I love such a man such as he? A man whose honor and loyalty is stronger than that of any other man could compare to! I like him even more than any other man I have met or could met . . . How I wish to touch him like the wives do to their husbands . . . The only question is does he love me in return?'”
Opal looked at, saw Neko's mouth open, and she decided to tease him, “She's really good, huh?”
Neko shook his head to clear his head and quickly looked down at his script as he said, “Yeah, she's really good.”
“You know this isn't the first play she's done.”
“I'm not really surprised Takashi Clan trains them deceive so plays are the best way to train them.”
`He's really hard to get jealous.' “She was in the play `Romeo and Juliet' and it had a kissing scene in it.”
“So I've done plays with kissing in them.”
`No, he's very hard to get jealous,' she thought.
“Hey, there's a kissing scene in here too.”
`That's it!' “If you don't get this part then someone else could get it and kiss Yamakaza.”
Neko didn't answer because he was curiously looking at his script that was suddenly was ripped in half not realizing that he ripped it. “Why is my script ripped in half?”
“Saigo Made, Neko-kun!” the theatre teacher called out, “Saigo Made, Neko-kun!”
“Here!” Neko called as he forgot not to do youkai things in public and jumped into the air before landing gracefully on stage. He turned to face the teacher as his long hair flowed and shined brilliantly around his head and he was about to start when-
The teacher said as tears ran down his cheeks, “My boy! That was magnificent! You're playing the part of Neko-youkai-kun!”
Neko looked dumbly at the teacher and said, “But . . . I didn't . . . even do my . . . lines . . .”
“It doesn't matter! You are the most graceful teen I have ever seen!”
“ . . . great I was ready to say my lines and it doesn't seem fair for the others who wanted to play this part to just give me the part.”
“Oh, alright! Read your lines,” he said pouting.
Neko cleared his throat to begin, “. . .” he suddenly couldn't remember his lines. He looked clueless as he tried to remember his lines, “Wait . . . no those weren't the lines . . . how did they go again?”
“Brilliant Saigo Made-kun!” as he stood up to applause.
“What?”
“I haven't even given out that part of the script and yet you know it!”
“No actually I-”
“I'm very im-”
“No! I really forgot my lines!” Neko yelled not out of anger but out of annoyance.
“. . . oh . . .” the sensei looked down sad.
“I'm sorry but I'm not that good on memorizing at such short notice,” before he left the stage.
“You've better not have blown this on purpose,” Yamakaza told him, “Because I'm not doing this on my own.”
“No, I really forgot my lines,” he told her as he sighed.
“Well, I already know I'm going to be in the play. The sensei saw me in the play a Juliet and ever since he heard who I was he's been wanting to get me into his plays, so I can't back out of it now.”
“Well, we'll see tomorrow if I got the part.”
  
Neko and Yamakaza stared at the play sheet at one name, Neko's name on the main actor of the play. They looked at each other in disbelief and Neko finally asked, “How did I possibly make the cut? I didn't even remember my lines.”
“Well, you said you didn't remember your lines on short notice so I convinced Ajibana-sensei into letting you to be in it anyways,” they suddenly heard Opal.
“Great . . .”
“At least I won't be in it alone in this play,” Yamakaza said as she walked away. “Well, I need to get to the sewing room, Izu-kun want to get my measurements. He's been waiting for a chance like this to make me kimono.”
“So what are you going to wear?” Opal asked Neko.
“My hakama . . .” as he walked away.
 
“I guess I can't wear this,” he said as he held up his still torn hakama sitting in his and Kichiro's room. “I'll have to sew it back together . . .” Ten minutes later Neko had a bleeding finger and was cursing very loudly when he finally gave up. “How the hell do Izu-kun and Yamakaza-san use this without getting hurt?!” he yelled.
“Are you having problems?” Yamakaza asked.
“Yes! How do you use these things without getting hurt?”
“Well, you can't use this because of your hands,” as she sat beside him, “Since they developed weird, mainly your thumb, you can't hold it properly. I'll just make you a new hakama.”
“No you don't,” he told her as he sucked on his left forefinger, “just stitch it up. It'll add a little authenticity to the play.”
“There's something I didn't think I would hear you say,” as she took his hakama.
“Karaoke!” they suddenly heard Izu yell.
“Oh, no I have a feeling this won't turn out well,” Neko said.
He was right Izu dragged him to an arcade where they had a karaoke booth. Izu selected one of Kichiro's favorite bands, Orange Range, one of their songs called “Natural Pop”. Neko soon forgot about the crowd gathering and just enjoyed the presence of his best friend. It was funny when he thought about when they first met he didn't want anything to do with Izu. Izu worked in a traveling circus at the time and was a clown to put in modern terms.
Neko was leading a group of kids through the crowded walkway when he felt someone following them. He turned and saw an orange Yoko quickly turn to look at something at one of the stands. At first Neko thought it was a coincidence that was until his ears picked up the faint footsteps following again. He turned and saw the Yoko suddenly freeze in a pose as if he was running, one leg up in front of him and one arm behind him as one leg held himself steady. Neko looked at him weird continued on and heard the kids laugh that's when he got mad. They ended up in a fight which Chikako pulled him out of and apologize for him.
They were watching the show and saw the circus had a tiger size orange fox they treated like a tiger to perform tricks. When it flipped into the air it latched onto the trapeze rope flipped above it and suddenly transformed into Izu before he quickly let go of the rope to use his hands. Everyone gasped loudly at seeing Izu being the giant fox for they all seen youkais transforming but never a Yoko fox form of that size. Chikako said that he would probably make a good fighter, Neko himself wasn't so sure.
The next morning he woke up to the Yoko sleeping beside him in his room. Neko freaked out and throw him out the window without opening it that event ended up with him fixing the window. Izu kept following him and Neko always started fights with him to make him leave but Izu was a lot quicker than he thought.
Chikako finally got fed up with them and put a lock spell on their wrists, Neko's right and Izu's left, and said, “You two will have to sort out your differences now because Izu-kun as no where else to go since he quit his job! You two will be stuck together until you two understand each other on a respectfully level! No if, ands, or buts about it! By the Neko-youkai-kun you have a mission.”
Neko rolled his eyes and mumbled under his breathe as he led Izu towards his room. He had to pack his mission bag, which was more of two pouches filled with small ninja weapons and food, with one hand since Izu was connected to his other hand and he didn't want Izu knowing what he kept in the bags. He stood up with Izu following as he picked up his bag and walked to the kitchen. He looked at Shichiro and said, “I need twice the amount of dried meat this time.”
Shichiro looked at him and asked, “Got hungry on the way home, huh?”
“No . . . I have someone else coming with me,” as he held up his and Izu's wrists.
Shichiro fell onto the ground laughing at the situation that the two men found themselves in. “Let me guess . . . Big sister!”
“Yes . . . where's the dried meat?”
Shichiro couldn't talk but instead pointed to where they were at.
 
“So . . . what's your story?” Izu asked as they walked along the path to a village.
“That's none of your business,” Neko told him sternly.
“I never knew my parents . . . a high priest and monks took me in. That didn't last long though-”
“You know being a ninja means YOU HAVE TO BE QUIET!” Neko stopped, turned, and yelled.
“Well, what type of mission are you doing?”
“A youkai has been terrorizing a village half a day away and I'm going to kill if it doesn't cooperate.”
“I can help; I learned several things from the priest and monks at the shrine.”
“Must you talk, why can't you just enjoy the sounds of nature?”
“I heard too much of it at the shrine.”
“You're impossible.”
“I get that a lot.”
When they got to the village the villagers were apprehensive of having a Yoko and a hanyou sent to them instead of a ninja squad and even more since they were held together by their wrist. All Neko asked was where the youkai was appearing from and he led Izu to where the villagers said. Neko and Izu sit near the rice fields as the sun begins to set.
Neko suddenly got to his feet making Izu fall onto his face, “Sorry, forgot we're still connected,” as he pulled out his katana while pulling Izu's hand with him.
Izu stood up and asked, “What are you doing?”
Yang Shield!” as he stabbed it into the ground, “Making a barrier to protect the village.”
“That makes it so you can't use it, doesn't it?”
“I have claws . . .” Neko suddenly turned into his iriomote form and just hung by Izu's arm.
“Just as I thought,” Izu said as looked in the direction of the yasha as she walked on the water of the rice fields, “Ran-san of the Water Spirits, I've heard of you. You have the ability to force youkais and hanyous into their animal forms or force their powers out of them.”
“I see,” Ran said as she looked at him curiously, “you know of me but only a high ranking priest can sense my presence so how can you sense me and stop my powers?”
“I can sense you because I was trained by a high ranking priest,” as he lifted a chain out of his bag, “and I know how to get rid of you.”
“Really? Let's see you try!” as she came at him with her Hanbo.
“Neko-youkai-kun, hang on!”
Neko growled at him as he held onto his wrist.
“Sorry no pun intended.” Izu jumped out of the way at the last minute and yanked thick blade out of the bag. He swung at her cut her on stomach and she landed on the ground stunned. Izu pulled out pray beads and said, “As I remember correct if something cuts your stomach you can't do anything. Too bad I was hoping the fight would last longer.” He began to chant and she was blown out of the area.
Neko changed back and asked, “How did you know she was of the Water Spirits?”
“The High Priest taught me how to sense them and all sorts of other high powerful spirits.”
Neither of them notice the bind disappear as Neko picked up his katana and put it into its' white sheath, “Now I'm interested in what you can do. Let me see your Meteor Hammer.”
“Okay,” Izu placed it into his hands and Neko struggled to hold the chain.
“How much does this weigh?” he strained.
“Uh, about ninety point seventy two kilograms . . .” (200 pounds)
“Ninety point seventy two kilograms!” the hanyou gasped as he let it drop from his hands. “How can you carry, none the less use it?”
“How else do you think I can hold myself up on the tight rope? Itsumaru-kun taught me how to use this and he gradually put more weight on it.”
Neither noticed that they were heading back to the home until they got to the door. They were having a good old time, Izu was trying to teach Neko to walk on his hands and Neko was try to teach him how to summon his weapon so he didn't have to carry it around.
It was only when Chikako say, “Looks like you two are best friends now,” did they realize that the spell wasn't on them.
Now Neko and Izu were still best of friend even if there was a huge maturity and age difference between them. Neko suddenly realized they were at a bar and Izu was drunk . . . again though it wasn't a big deal when it only happened once a month. He sighed as Izu began to slur his words and decided it was time to go home. He placed one of Izu's arms over his shoulder and held him up by his waist as they headed out the door. They were half-way to Izu's house when couple of teen surrounded them.
“Hand over you money and you can go,” said the leader as he held a pipe.
“You're kidding, right?” Neko asked annoyed.
“Does it look like I'm kidding? Now hand over your money.”
“No,” not intimidated by the gang.
“Get him!” and the gang obeyed.
Neko sighed and released Izu `accidentally' spinning him around as Neko simple knocked the teens unconscious. He grabbed Izu's arm again as he slowed down and continued to Izu's house. He opened the door and looked at it in disgust; Izu was never a good house cleaner. There were clothes, material, magazines, and other personal object all over the floor and furniture. Neko sighed, led Izu to his room, and laid him down. `Great once again I'm going to have to clean your place. For once can't you keep it clean?'
 
Izu was still too drunk to go to school so during lunch Neko and Yamakaza were practicing their lines for the play in secret (more of on the roof or a tree in the field or during the rehearsals). Neko suddenly asked, “Yamakaza-san . . . do we really need to do the kissing scene?”
“No, the script says that the curtain falls before our lips meet,” she told him.
“That's good,” he said not knowing that saying that would have a nasty effect on him.
“What's that supposed to mean?” as she looked at him angrily.
“Well . . .” he squeaked out as he noticed her looming over him.
“Am I not good enough to kiss?”
“It's not that!”
“Then what is it? Do you already have your eye on someone?”
“No! It-it's the law!”
She looked at him angrily and suddenly began to giggle like a hormone high school girl, “Y-you thought I-I was serious . . .”
He slowly realized that she was playing around with him, “You're mean,” as he pretended to pout.
“You should've seen your face!” she started to laugh.
He rolled his eyes and chuckled.
 
Kurama suddenly heard someone sing in the gym showers during lunch. He recognized the song from Kichiro one albums from an English artist he knew the song name: `If You're Not the One' (by Daniel Bedingfield he doesn't know the artist but I'm putting it in to give credit the artist). He had to say Neko was a pretty good singer even though his English wasn't that good. His voice in general was an octave higher than most boys his age so when he sang it could go high. In the empty locker room his voice echoed through the room making it sound sweeter in a sense of being on stage.
“Neko-kun,” as he knocked on the door of the shower.
Neko let out a yelp as he jumped into the air and a loud ear-piercing sound of claws against metal was heard.
“Did I scare you?”
“NO!” he hissed as he turned off the water and pulled the towel off the door. He opened the shower door with the towel around his waist as the lights reflected off the water covering his muscles as he stocked to his locker, “What're you doing here?”
“Well, Yamakaza-san said that you were taking longer than usually in the locker room and asked if I could see if you were alright.”
“As you can see I am!” Neko suddenly seemed pissed off as he opened his locker.
“Neko-kun, what's wrong?”
The iriomote sighed as he leaned against the locker frame and said, “My birthday's coming up soon . . .”
“What are you talking about? Your-”
“It's the first day of the New Year . . . at least that's what we calculated . . .” as he turned to face away from Kurama while he tied his fundoshi around his waist before slipping into his uniform.
“How old will you be?” knowing that his birthday wasn't on that day of the year.
“I'll be four hundred and forty-nine years in human but two hundred and forty-four and a half in youkai but in my mind I'll be nineteen.”
“Neko-kun you're birthday isn't on the first day on New Year.”
Neko looked at him over his shoulder with a surprised look on his face, “It isn't?”
“No, it's August the fifteenth. I should know your father told me.”
Neko suddenly had a blank look on his face like he didn't know what they were talking about. He asked curiously as he scratched head with one hand, “What were we talking about?”
“You don't remember what we were talking about . . .” as he stared at him dumbfound.
“No, my mind does that I'll be talking about something then the next thing I don't remember what I was talking about.”
Izu suddenly called out sounding almost like an adult as he came over to them, “Neko-kun, Yamakaza-san says you need to hurry up you have an appointment with the doctors' today.”
“I had my check up last week.”
“Well, don't tell me that I just delivered the message and don't kill me!” as he left quickly.
“I hate the doctors',” Neko mumbled angrily as he slipped on his jacket closing his locker, “at least I get out of this place early.”
“Don't forget to memorize your lines,” Kurama reminded him as Neko passed him.
“Will do!” he called back as he walked out of the locker room.
 
“Saigo Made, Neko-kun,” Scott called as he looked at his clipboard before looking around. He heard a soft snore beside him and when he looked to the seat next to the door he saw it was Neko in the chair next to the door in a peaceful sleep.
He saw Yamakaza about to wake him up but he shook his head and mentioned her to help him move Neko. They took him to the back room and he had Neko place onto the CAT scan table. He took off Neko's jacket before letting him rest on the table. He went to the computers and turned the CAT scan on. Once it was done he quickly went back in and pulled the table out. He woke up Neko and told him, “Neko-kun I need you to wake up.”
Neko sat up groggily and asked, “Where am I?”
“Just lay back and stay still. I just need to do one scan.”
“Of what?” as he lied down back on the table.
“I'll tell you after you're done.”
 
Scott was looking at the scans and noticed something odd. He called Yamakaza in and started to tell her as he pointed with a pen, “His scans look like any other neko youkai's brain I've scan except this . . . He has an indentation on the right side of the Cerebrum but the brain looks normal it just formed to cop with it. This might be is what is causing his short-term memory loss and amnesia.”
“Do you think the amnesia is permanent?” she asked concerned.
“I really don't know. We'll just have to wait and see. I'll see if I can schedule him to come in again to see if I can get a layered scan sometime soon. I'm worried that this could be serious so if you notice anything un-neko or human like from him write it down and bring it in when you come for the next scan.”
“Alright thank you Scott-kun,” as she bowed before leaving she went to Neko and told him, “Alright, let's go . . .”
Neko once again was fast asleep with a soft snore and a little girl had wondered into his lap holding onto his jacket as if he was protecting her.
Scott opened the door and tapped Yamakaza on the shoulder, “I forgot to mention that he'll need sixteen to twenty hours of sleep since he is a neko hanyou . . . Who's she?”
“I don't know I just came out and found her there in Neko-kun's lap.”
Scott bent down next to the little girl and asked, “Hello, I'm Dr. Scott what's your name?”
She glared at him and held onto Neko's jacket tighter accidentally waking him up. He looked down at the girl and asked, “Who do we have here?”
“Hello neko man,” she smiled up at him cheerfully.
“Isn't you're name Akina-san?”
“Yup!”
“I never caught you're last name what is it?” knowing Scott needing it to find the mother.
“It's Aida.”
Scott went to the speaker and announced that they found someone's daughter with the last name of Aida and told the parents where they could find her.
“So why are you here? Where's your mother?”
“I got lost . . . I see you and decide to wait with you. I know you nice man.”
“Akina-san!” they heard her mother exclaim as she ran over to her.
Neko stood up and handed the girl to her mother.
“Akina-san I told you to hold my hand!”
“Don't worry, mother, I found neko man. He nice,” Akina told her.
“Thank you so much for watching her,” the mother thanked Neko.
“Actually, I was asleep when she came over but she's right she was safe with me,” Neko told her.
“Well, thank you again,” she bowed and left.
“Do you know her?” Yamakaza asked.
“No, I only met her once but that was before I went into the hospital,” he told her.
“Well, let's go aunt Kudaku's waiting for us.”
“What is a CAT scan anyways? Scott-kun didn't tell me,” as they left.
“It's just a computer that scans your brain. It usually scans to check for growth in the brain,” as they walked out to the car.
The day of the play finally came and once again Yamakaza's father had a business trip much to her relief. Everyone was already dressed and ready to get on stage but Neko didn't want to get out of the dressing room. Yamakaza finally yelled, “You get out of there before I kick it out!” and that got him out to reveal why he didn't want to come out. His costume was the outfit he wore in the wild with his pack and it showed off all his muscles and that made him feel uncomfortable since he really wasn't in the wild and in front of a crowd.
The play went ever well until Izu accidentally trapped on a chord and fell on stage in the middle of the village festival scene and acted like a complete bakaas he walked off stage. It was silent for a moment and Neko exclaimed, “The village baka! I told him to stay home and not to ruin the festival!” as he prayed the audience would fall for it.
Everyone did and laughed not knowing that Izu wasn't supposed to fall onto the stage. After the play Sachi insisted on taking them out to dinner and they went to the restaurant that Sekushii worked at the Kyoko ta Hoshi. Izu who had a crush on Sekushii so he was both very excited and reluctant to go. Sekushii was their waitress and Izu was very quiet and even when Opal made fun of him he stayed quiet as he ate his food.
“There he goes again,” Neko told them dramatically. “Izu-kun has been struck by a love arrow from the heavens once again.”
“Shut up Neko-kun,” Izu warned.
Neko began to recite, “Now his heart aches to tell-” He was suddenly cut off of Izu ran out of the restaurant. “Opps . . . I went a bit too far.”
Yamakaza looked at him and said calmly, “I do that to him all the time he'll get over it.”
“I know . . .”
Kurama asked curiously, “Neko-kun, since when do you know how to recite poetry that well?”
Neko suddenly turned red with embarrassment, “I don't know!”
Sekushii came over and asked, “Would anyone of you like a refill?”
“Yes, please,” Yamakaza and Opal answered.
“. . . Where's Izu-kun?” as she filled the glasses looking kind of sad.
“He had to go home,” Sachi told her politely.
“Oh . . . well would you all like dessert?” as she began to take their plates.
“No thank you,” Neko and Yamakaza said at the same time and looked at each other in disbelief.
“Can I have some wine?” Opal asked.
“Are you at or above the drinking age?” Sekushii asked.
“Yes-” Opal started as she lifted up one finger.
“And I mean in youkai years too,” she whispered.
“Uh . . .”
“Thought not, sorry, but restaurant rule you have to be at or above the drinking age to be served any alcoholic beverage. Sorry again but if I serve you I might lose my job and the restaurant might lose their liquor licenses.”
“I just have one more year to go,” Opal whined.
“Sorry no can do.”
“Neko-kun, aren't above the drinking age?” Opal asked in a whisper.
Neko looked at Yamakaza to make sure he was and she nodded. He looked at Opal and answered, “Yes, but I'm not allowed to drink. It goes against all that Eishi-sensei taught me as Daisho.”
“. . . You mean you never had sake?” noticing the Sekushii leave.
“Well, I did once when I was in the pack.”
Yamakaza looked at him and asked, “Really? Let's hear.”
Neko suddenly blushed again as he began to twirl his pointer fingers, “Well, it's kind of embarrassing . . .”
“Now I'm curious,” Kurama said as he sipped his drink.
“Me too,” Sachi added curiously with a smile.
Neko sighed and started, “Well, we were hunting a giant boar . . .
Neko took a faithfully leap and landed on the boars' back. He opened his mouth and bit into the boars' neck as he pulled all his weight in one direction. He broke the boars' neck as the pack surrounded the boar when it came to a stop. He lifted his teeth out of the boars' throat and backed away from it as Nori came over. He bumped into a barrel beside a house behind him and a barrel fell on top of his head spilling a liquid all over him. He heard the others snicker at him as he tried to get the barrel off of him.
Emi transformed into her humanoid form and took it off of him. Neko shook himself off and began to lick himself clean, out of habit. It wasn't long before the hunting group found out the liquid was sake as Neko's face began to turn red and he began to smile goofily as he began to chuckle for no reason. When it was his turn to eat he couldn't walk straight and he kept falling over but finally he got to the boar to eat. The group went to head back to the den when they heard barrels fall over. They looked back and saw Neko had knocked all the barrels over and spilled even more sake on him.
He began to laugh dumbly even as the owners' of the house turned on the fire to find out who was trespassing. The man came out and looked at Neko in shock as he saw the iriomote hanyou walked like a wolf towards his pack. Neko fell head over heels before he landed on his back and looked over at the man still smiling drunkenly. The man went to grab him but Emi jumped in front of him in her humanoid form with her fur puffing out as she growled and bared her teeth at the man. The man back away and suddenly notice the corpse of the boar beside him and when he looked back at Emi and Neko they were gone.
“And that's what happened,” Neko ended his story as he crossed his arms sitting up straight.
Everyone at the table began to laugh as Neko rolled his eyes.
 
Yang Shieldis one of the special features to the Yang katana and only a human in danger or the owner can activate it.
Hanbo
Kyoko ta Hoshi that means Mirror of Star.
Sakeis a rice wine. My brother said it makes you drowses.