Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ People are Never Who They Appear to Be A Hanyou Story ❯ New Tanteis ( Chapter 24 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Talking” `Thought”
Chapter 24
New Tanteis
 
(A/N: this is year two after Neko-youkai came out of the hospital)
 
After the New Year in Spirit World the Reikai Tantei gathered for a new mission.
 
“So, toddler, what is this new mission we have?” Yusuke asked as he held his hands behind is head while he, Kuwabara, Hiei, and Kurama.
 
Keonma ignored the toddler comment and turned on the TV screen and showed a picture of Neko-youkai, “This is your new target, Saigo Made, Neko-youkai-kun. His case was put on hold since he was put into a binding spell. Kurama and Hiei have been working on this case since it opened but someone has been helping him avoid them-”
 
“So who awakened him?” Kuwabara interrupted to ask.
 
“I was just about to get to that,” he clicked the remote and a picture of Yamakaza appeared. “This is Idane Iemochi, Yamakaza-san. She is the recent reincarnation of Princess Priest Ninja Takashi, Chikako-”
 
“Damn that's a long title!” Yusuke exclaimed.
 
“That was nearly four hundred years ago, Yusuke-kun,” Kurama told him, “The Takashi never labeled themselves with such titles only the people did.”
 
“Like I was saying,” Keonma started again, “She is the only one who is able to release the binding spell on Neko-youkai. Most likely she knows where he is and since Kurama-kun and Yamakaza-san go to school together he can tell you everything he knows about her. Kane-san, one of our ferry girls, would help but unfortunately she says she won't help to put her innocent nephew into jail for a crime he didn't comment.”
 
Yusuke and Kuwabara looked at Kurama as he just stood silent by Hiei. Yusuke asked, “So what's this hotty like?”
 
“For your information her name is Yamakaza-san and I'm sorry to say this but you two aren't her type,” he answered calmly and continued as he noted the looks on their faces, “Yamakaza-san isn't the type of girl you may think she looks like. She's a tomboy and she's very down to earth more than most girls you'll meet. You'll have a hard time gaining her trust if you go up to her like that. She's also the Treasurer for my class.”
 
  
 
The Reikai Tanteis were down at Kurama's school looking for Yamakaza. Botan was with them and gave them more information on Neko-youkai's friends, “He has a few youkai friends alive still and one of them in fact goes to this school.”
 
“So what's this person name?” Kuwabara asked.
 
“Izumi-kun, an orange Yoko-”
 
“Alright let's find this girl,” Yusuke said somewhat excitedly.
 
“Yusuke-kun-”
 
“There she is!” Kuwabara pointed to a girl with extremely long orange hair.
 
Before Botan, Kurama, or Hiei could stop them they ran to the girl and got the surprise of a lifetime.
 
“Izumi-san!” Yusuke yelled.
 
The girl spun around to reveal a man and he yelled angrily, “It's Izu! Izu! Izu! Izu! Izu! Izu! Izu! Izu! Izu! Izu! Izu! Izu! Izu! Izu! Izu! Izu!”
 
Both teens stopped in their tracks as they realized she was actually a he. Kurama came up and introduced Izu to the Tantei, “Izu-kun this is Urameshi, Yusuke-kun and Kuwabara, Kazuma-kun. Yusuke-kun, Kuwabara-kun this is Izu-kun. He prefers the short version of his name than his full name.”
 
“Are…are you sure you're not a girl?” Kuwabara asked dumbly.
 
Izu glared evilly at him and asked, “Do you want me to kill you?”
 
Botan came up and asked, “Izu-kun, since you're best friends with Neko-youkai-kun can you tell us where he is?”
 
Izu knew what was going on and started to play dumb by acting surprised, “What do you mean? You mean he was freed?”
 
“Come on fox-boy!” Yusuke exclaimed, “You're the guys' best friend! You should know where he is!”
 
“I honestly don't know where he is and I didn't know he was free.”
 
“Izu-kun!” they heard a girl as she ran up behind him.
 
Izu turned his attention to the girl, “Yamakaza-san.”
 
The Reikai Tantei turned towards her as she pushed past them, “Where's Neko-kun? He forgot his English book at home again.”
 
“Excuse me, Dokushinjosei,” Kuwabara started until he sensed fire from her mind that was extremely well blocked.
 
“What?” she glared at him, she wasn't as tall as him but her glare was enough to make him back off.
 
Yusuke stepped forward drawing her attention to him, “Yama-kun, I-”
 
“That's Idea Iemochi-san to you,” she told him bluntly with cold eyes, “Only my close friends can give me nicknames.”
 
“Whatever, you released a hanyou a few months ago-”
 
“I have nothing to say to you!” as she turned away from him.
 
“Hey-” he grabbed her shoulder and gasped in pain when she grabbed his hand as she bent his fingers backwards.
 
“Don't ever touch me…” she told him with a scary voice as anger now seen in her eyes before releasing his hand.
 
“Damn!” as he held his hand in pain.
 
`Yamakaza-san, please control your Takashi dislike for Reikai Tantei,' Kurama thought as he heavily sighed.
 
“Shuichi-kun, I didn't see you there,” she said with a smile, `I'm glad he told us the Reikai Tanteis were coming, at least Neko-kun can hide until they leave.'
 
Kurama smiled back and asked, “Yamakaza-san, this are my friends and they need to know about what happened in the cave on our field trip.”
 
“I really don't want to talk about it so if you excuse me,” she told them before she left with Izu.
 
“That was pleasant,” Botan said sarcastically.
 
“Yeah sure but you weren't the one about to have your hand broken!” Yusuke exclaimed.
 
“Yusuke-kun I warned you that she isn't the typically girl,” Kurama told him.
 
“Man, Yamakaza-san's mind scared me. It was like an inferno. Hey, Botan-san, didn't you say Yamakaza-san had a brother?” Kuwabara asked.
 
“Yes! Of course! She would do anything to protect her brother!” she exclaimed happily. “The two of them are very close ever since their parents divorce.”
 
`Oh, dear . . . if she finds out what they're targeting her brother then she'll be pissed,' Kurama thought, “Guys, it would be best if you leave Kichiro-kun out of this. Yamakaza-san is very protective over him to no end.”
 
“So what does this kid look like?” Yusuke asked Botan ignoring Kurama's warning as they began to walk out of the school.
 
“This won't end well,” Kurama told Hiei.
 
“Hn,” Hiei replied.
 
The Reikai Tanteis were now at Kichiro's school save Kurama and Hiei just as the bell rang to let out the students. It was easy to spot him since some bullies were picking on him and a girl that was trying to get them to leave him alone. Yusuke and Kuwabara were about to step in when a taller man with light brown waist long hair got in between the bullies and the victims. The Kichiro and the girl took refugee behind the teen as he began to talk to the bullies. After a moment the bullies bolted and the teen that was obviously was strong since he picked the two kids up and placed them on his shoulders. The kids were laughing as the teen talked to them funnily.
 
“Excuse me, sir,” Botan called to him as they exited the gate elementary school.
 
“Yes,” he turned to them revealing his face.
 
The group stared in disbelief, Neko-youkai stood in front of them with two kids on his shoulders just like in the picture they had of him save the scars on his cheeks.
 
Neko tilted his head, like a cat, looking curiously at them as the three teens stared at them. He asked one more time, “Yes? Is there something you three need?”
 
“Neko-youkai-kun . . .” Kuwabara kind of asked.
 
“No,” he lied, “It's Saigo Made, Neko.”
 
Yusuke noticed that the kids had moved slightly closer to the teens head as if hiding something and he said suspiciously, “You certainly look like him. Many youkai hide their true form.”
 
“Ne-chan isn't a youkai!” the girl exclaimed.
 
“As far as you know.”
 
Everyone froze when the air became thick with aggression as they heard Neko, “Talk to my little friends like that again I'll make sure you won't live to see another day,” with that he turned and left.
 
“Hi-his mind…” Kuwabara started, “was jumbled up and somewhat blocked…it was weird…”
 
“I have a feeling that's Neko-youkai-kun,” Yusuke told them, “No one can be that nice and calm when it comes to death unless they're a mass murderer or they've been trained to be used to it. I suggest we follow him.”
 
“I agree,” Botan told him, “He looks like the picture but only with scars.”
 
“What about the boys' sister?” Kuwabara asked still a little shaken from their encounter with her.
 
“She can't be that tough,” Yusuke told him, “Besides if a fight breaks out I'll take her on.”
 
Botan looked like she was about to say something but then seemed to remember something.
 
It was around sunset when the two Reikai Tanteis and a ferry girl settled in some bushes quietly watching the people inside the house settle down for a quiet evening.
 
“So why are we stalking this people again? Can't we just ask them?” Kuwabara asked still not quite understanding the situation.
 
“Because it's obvious those two aren't going to cooperate with us,” Yusuke told him as he watched Kichiro read a book to Neko as he played an old game called `Tetris' (A/N: it's the only game he can play and likes. It's my favorite too).
 
“And you're right,” they suddenly heard Yamakaza's voice behind them, “Honestly, you three don't know how to hide your ki very well.”
 
All three spun around and saw said Yamakaza in a Chinese martial arts outfit which was a red long loose sleeved jacket, loose black pants rolled up at the end with a blue sash holding it around her waist, and wore black thin soled shoes standing right behind them.
 
“How…did you…get…behind us?” Kuwabara stuttered.
 
Yusuke reacted quickly and threw a right handed punch at her face which she easily caught in her right hand as she focused her own ki into her left fist. She leaned to the side bending her knees just enough to get a good view of his stomach and threw her ki focused fist into his stomach as she yelled, “KIII-YAAAHHH!” Yusuke was sent flying out of the bushes and hit the side of the house which had a barrier around it.
 
“Not that tough, huh?” she asked as she flexed her hand as she walked towards him. “For your information, Urameshi-kun, my mother was a Reikai Tantei since she was fifteen years, on her own I might add, and until she had me. I'm surprised Keonma-kun hadn't told you that when he sent you rookie Reikai Tanteis after me. I know all about Reikai and youkai and such stuff. Next time you come don't take me so lightly.”
 
Rei Gun!”
Yamakaza just stared at the ball of energy coming at her, unmoved, but then out of nowhere a reiki shield appeared around her and canceled out Yusuke's energy. She just smile mockingly smiled and said, “Let me guess you can only shot off four, five. Please! My mother can shot off at least twenty in one day.” She chuckled at Yusuke's disbelieving look, “She also taught my how to cancel out the energy of a Shot Gun. Now, I suggest you leave unless you want to see my true pow-” Yamakaza was suddenly punched across the face by Yusuke who she didn't notice make a sudden sprint at her. She stumbled back a few steps and looked at him as she placed a hand on her cheek.
 
“You talk way too much, bitch!” Yusuke told her.
 
After a moment she began to chuckle and laugh a heart filled laugh as she threw her head back.
 
“What the?” Kuwabara asked as he and Botan looked at her weirdly, “What's wrong with her?”
 
“It's been years since a ningen was able to land a punch on me,” she told Yusuke once she calmed down and looked somewhat happy, “but you're right; I was talking too much. Now then I might actually have funny with you! Tell you what we won't use our ki just hand-to-hand combat.”
 
“I dig that,” Yusuke told her as he got into a fighting stance. “Let's see how good you are.”
 
“Let's see if you can keep up,” with that said Yamakaza disappeared in a flash.
 
“Hey, I thought you said no ki,” Yusuke taunted.
 
“I'm not using my ki,” she told as reappeared further away towards the small forest beyond her home, “It's my natural skill.”
 
“Natural skill, huh?” before he ran at her with a fist raised.
 
“Yeah, I had to work on it very single day of my life,” as she blocked his many punches, “Thanks to my mother and some of her Reikai gear and natural skills I already knew you were a rookie Tantei.”
 
“I'm not a rookie!” anger flared in his eyes as he threw a ki focused punch at her and he would've gotten her if she hadn't seen the anger and quickly jumped flipped over him.
 
“Compared to my mother you are!” as she turned to him, “Someday you'll be as good as my mother but for now just keep training.”
 
Yusuke ran at her as she turned to move to the house but stopped when she held up a hand and a shield of fire appeared around her. “Where do you think you're going? We're not done fighting!”
 
“Tell you what if allow me and my friend to get enough evidence to help you with this recent case then I'll fight you with my full strength. But until then just tell that toddler to be patience.”
 
“That's all I have to do wait for you to get more stuff for this case?” Yusuke asked somewhat irritated. (A/N: sorry if I didn't get Yusuke right.)
 
“Don't worry, Yusuke-kun, you'll be able to find me hopefully soon besides it was fun fighting with you just keep training. See ya,” as she walked into the house.
 
“Don't tell me you're going to believe her?” Botan asked as she came in.
 
“Of course!” he turned to her, “Anyone who taught to cancel out the Rei Gun must be a person of their word plus her mother was a Tantei. I have to go talk to grandma! She must know who this girl's mother is!”
 
“Man . . .” Kuwabara told them, “she was strong but when they started to fight her mind shield came down.”
 
“What did you see?” Botan asked a little concerned.
 
“Well it was basically what Urameshi-kun and her were fighting expect she was fighting a woman with a red eye.”
 
`I hope Keonma-sama won't blame me for them finding out about what Clan those two women are from,' Botan thought worriedly.
 
When they got to Genkai's temple Kuwabara was already on a roll about Yukina but Yusuke had one thing on his mind to find out who Yamakaza's mother was. Botan had to leave to tell Keonma the information they got from Yamakaza.
 
“Kuwabara-kun, I think let's find out who the girls' mother is then talking about Yukina-san. Hey! Old lady!” Yusuke yelled.
 
“What do you boy?” Genkai asked as she opened the temple door.
 
“Do you know a girl named Yama-something, who's mother had a red eye?”
 
“Yamakaza-san…” she sighed.
 
“That's her! Do you know her?”
“Yes, I know her. Her mother came to me nearly twenty-seven years ago when she was fifteen. Why do you ask?”
 
“We met her daughter and she knows how to cancel out the Rei Gun!”
 
Genkai chuckled and said more to herself, “Hoshi-san you really did train your daughter to cancel the Rei Gun like you promise.”
 
“Hoshi-san…who the hell is that?”
 
“Manasha, Hoshi-san, I'm pretty sure Yamakaza-san told you she was a pro Reikai Tantei.”
 
“So Manasha-san you choose to be your first heir?” Kuwabara asked.
 
“Actually no, she came to me asking for help and she was a lot less whiny,” she directed the last part at Yusuke.
 
“Hey!”
 
“I wanted her to be my heir but she said there was someone else more suited for that and it wasn't her. Once she left I got you instead of her.”
 
“Wait what?”
 
“She was a foreseer and she told me that she saw you enduring the same training as she did.”
 
“Please! A foreseer! No such thing!”
 
“Dimwit, she was a real one. Take a look at this,” she pulled out an old sketchbook from a draw and handed it to the boys.
 
Yusuke opened it and flipped through as Kuwabara looked over his shoulder. Yusuke stopped when he saw a picture of himself coming out of the mud with Kuwabara helping him out and Botan beside him. “No way! How?”
 
“Look at the next page.”
 
He did and the two boys saw a picture of Yusuke and Genkai training.
 
“She knew that sooner or later yours' and her daughter's paths would cross and so she started to draw her visions all though was she did that before I met her.”
 
“Man, she's really good,” Kuwabara finally spoke.
 
“Told you she was the really thing,” Genkai rubbed in their faces.
 
“Does that mean-” Yusuke started.
 
“No, Yamakaza-san doesn't have the sight like her mother but she does have some physic abilities whether or not she uses them I don't know.”
 
“Genkai-san I was wondering, what does Hoshi-san look like?” Kuwabara asked.
 
“You nitwits, you pass by her picture every time you come into this temple,” Genkai pointed to a picture next to the door. “As great as she was she didn't prevent the accident that could've prevented her coma.”
 
“She's in a coma,” Yusuke looked away from the picture to Genkai.
 
The old woman nodded, “Yes, Hoshi-san's half-sister told me that was two years ago. Yamakaza blamed herself for the accident and nearly went over the edge but it seems now she has something to vent out her emotions.”
 
“Have you heard of a Saigo Made, Neko-youkai?”
 
“Saigo Made… No, but I've heard of his father.”
 
“His father?” Kuwabara questioned.
 
“Aye, all people within that Clan deeply believe in honor and loyalty. So what's his son done?”
 
“He killed a Takashi Priest,” Yusuke told her.
 
“Oh that case, well you're wasting your time with him. From what I heard he and Chikako-sama were very close. He wouldn't lay a hand on her unless it was for comfort.”
 
“What do you mean by that?” Kuwabara asked curiously.
 
“The two of them were in love. Didn't Keonma-sama tell you?”
 
“No, he just told us who we were going after,” Yusuke told her.
 
“Not surprising, some of the Takashi members want him dead.”
 
“No wonder she was preventing us from seeing him.”