Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ People are Never Who They Appear to Be A Hanyou Story ❯ Yamakaza’s Copy Cat ( Chapter 25 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Talking” `Thought'
Chapter 25
Yamakaza's Copy Cat
 
Mareko stood in front of her mirror with her head in her sink and a towel around her shoulders. Red was running down the drain as she scrubbed her scalp with brown-red hair dye. She placed the towel around her hair as she straightened up. She thought cheerfully to herself with a smile, `Well, it may have taken a long time to find this hair dye and grow my hair but I did it. Neko-senpai has to notice me more now.'
 
“Child, are you coming out of there?” Mareko heard her mother ask her outside the bathroom.
 
“In a minute mother,” she told her mother.
 
`Honestly! I think that girl spends more time trying to get that boy's attention than she does studying,' she heard her mother thoughts.
 
`You have no idea how hard it is for me not to cheat with my powers,' she though sadly. `I wonder if there's someone else out there like me'
 
“Mareko-san! You have a guest!” her mother called.
 
She poked her head out the bathroom and saw two junior high students standing at the front door, one in blue and another in green. She became scared when she had a hard to hear their thoughts.
 
“Hey you must be Mareko-san,” the one in green said kindly and heard his thoughts muffled in her head, `That toddler must…her…She looks like a kid not a High schooler'
 
“Can we have word with you?” the boy in blue asked and she couldn't even hear his thoughts clearly indicating he was also a physic.
 
She went to the door and waited for her mother to leave before asking, “What does this toddler want with me?”
 
The two boys stared at her in disbelief.
 
“What? I hear your thoughts. I'm physic,” when they continued to stare at her she finally said, “I'm a mind reader.”
 
“He was right about her,” Kuwabara pointed.
 
“Mareko-san!” she heard her angry father, “What are you telling them?”
 
“Nothing!” she quickly stepped out and closed the door, “I thought he was still asleep…”
 
“Your parents think you're a freak, huh?” Kuwabara asked.
 
“Yeah, they don't want anyone to know I can hear their thought. They're afraid the Child Services will take me away.”
 
“Why?”
 
“My father was an alcoholic when I was little and one of my friends used to live here with me.”
 
“How about we talk somewhere private?” Yusuke asked her.
“Alright, let me finish getting dressed,” she went back inside and came back a shortly after dressed in her school uniform.
 
The boys looked at her again stupidly again.
 
“What is it now?”
 
“Do you know Shuichi-kun?” Kuwabara asked.
 
“Yeah, he goes to my school. Why don't we go to the park? My friends are there waiting for me.”
 
“Your friends? Are they like you?” Yusuke asked.
 
“You'll have to see.” Mareko walked ahead of them leading the way to the park.
 
“Mareko-san!” they heard a girl yell as the said girl jumped on top of Mareko, “Good Morning! …You changed your hair.”
 
The boys stared in belief for the second or third time that morning.
 
“Of course,” Mareko told her, “I want Neko-senpai to notice me by the way how are you doing with your new fathers?”
 
“Fathers?” Yusuke and Kuwabara yelled together.
 
The girls looked at them and Mareko told the other girl, “Kameko-san this is…I'm sorry I never caught your name.”
 
“Urameshi, Yusuke,” Yusuke told them.
 
“Kuwabara, Kazuma,” Kuwabara also told them.
 
“Yusuke-kun…that's a nice name,” they heard a male voice.
 
“Heikichi-kun, leave him alone!” Mareko told him as both girls grabbed the teen. “Their not gay!”
 
“Why don't you go to a gay bar?” Kameko asked him.
 
“Because I don't want to be laid! I want to have a boyfriend!” Heikichi answered.
 
“I don't know about you Urameshi-kun but these groups up people are weird,” Kuwabara told them.
 
“No kidding,” he answered.
 
“Follow us,” Mareko told them as they dragged Heikichi with to the park.
 
“Okay…”
 
They arrived at the park and Heikichi was suddenly lifted off the ground and was being moved around in the air.
 
“Do we have to do this every morning?” Heikichi asked, “I'm getting sick of this!”
 
The two Reikai Tanteis saw two other High Schoolers by a bench and began to laugh with Mareko and Kameko.
 
“Ichisake-kun put him down!” Mareko called to him.
 
“You hear that, Urameshi-kun, one of them is Ichisake-kun,” Kuwabara whispered to him.
 
“Yeah, I heard them,” Yusuke told him and he called to whoever was called Ichisake, “Ichisake-kun!”
 
The boy by the park bench looked at him but stayed silent.
 
Mareko turned to them and yelled to Ichisake, “Run Ichisake-kun! They work for Reikai!”
 
They other teens all began to show their reiki to fight until they heard Ichisake as he came up behind Mareko, “Relax, lets hear what they want first but that'll have to wait until after school. I'll meet you here after school.”
 
As the teens walked to their school Kuwabara couldn't believe what he saw, “They're all physics! I don't believe it!”
 
“Well, Ichisake-kun is very calm for being able to remember his past.”
 
“What are you two doing?” they heard Botan yell behind them, “Ichisake-kun can't be trusted in coming back to meet you! Keonma-sama told you that!”
 
“Oops,” Yusuke mumbled.
 
  
 
Yamakaza walked into the quad and saw the surprise of her life: Mareko was dressed up like her. `I thought she like Neko-kun but dressing up like mewhatwhat is she thinking?'
 
Neko walked in he opened his mouth to say hi to Mareko who he thought was Yamakaza until he saw she wasn't her. He turned to angry Yamakaza and asked as he pointed to Mareko, “What is going on?”
 
“I don't know but if you thought she was me then I hope you have a death wish,” she told him angrily.
 
“Have you seen Kurama-kun?” he quickly changed the subject.
 
“I honestly don't know he just said he's planning on catching a thief.”
 
Mareko slumped her shoulders when Neko didn't say hi to her and she looked just like Yamakaza. `Why won't he notice me?' Mareko's angry started to build and she yelled at Neko, “What do you not see in me? I'm just as good as Yamakaza-senpai!” that got everyone's attention, “Why can't you give me a chance?”
 
Neko turned to her as he smiled at her and said, “Mareko-san, you're meant for someone else not me. I already know who I'm meant for, I'm truly sorry Mareko-san that you mistaken.”
 
“No!” she screamed and slapped him with such force that he hit the floor.
 
“Ow…” he said as he got up placing a hand on his bruised cheek by then Mareko had ran out of the school crying.
 
`Neko-senpai…why? Why are you so mean and yet so kind about rejection?' she thought as she ran out of the school grounds, `Why can't you give me a chance?' She ran into a solid body knocking her to the ground when she looked up there stood a man she never saw before or could read his thoughts. `Who…who is he?' her gut was telling her to run but her body wouldn't move.
 
 
“Neko-kun, why did you have to tell her that?” Ichisake suddenly yelled at Neko. “The least you could do is spend time with her!”
 
Neko stood and stared at him before his eyes widened in what seemed to be fear. Within the closed window classroom they heard Mareko scream bloody murder. Yamakaza was already out one of the windows followed by Neko as they both did the Weapon Summoning jutsu. Everyone ran to the window and saw a man standing above Mareko but the man really wasn't a man it was a youkai. Ichisake became enrage for the youkai that was above Mareko who the type to drain ningens with special ki.
 
Without even thinking he jumped out the window and used his telekinesis to bring him down safely. He ran after Neko and Yamakaza desperate to save the girl who he secretly loved. When he heard Mareko scream again he saw the youkai had just grabbed her breast and that's when his eyes flashed a gold-silver. Yamakaza and Neko stopped when the youkai was hit with a brick, very hard.
 
“Stay away from her!” he yelled as he jumped at the youkai. He landed on top of the youkai and held his neck in tight fingers.
 
Behind him Mareko was still in shock as Yamakaza and Neko pulled her out of range of Ichisake's aura. Yamakaza got in front of Mareko and held her to her chest as she predicted what Ichisake was going to do to the youkai.
 
Ichisake's voice dropped a few octaves and he whispered in the youkai's ear, “You picked the wrong girl to try to take ki from. Now you have to face Masakazu.”
 
The youkai stared at him with wide eyes of fear as he recognized the name and just like that the youkai's head imploded. Blood and brains spattered everywhere, on the sidewalk, on the street, even on Ichisake. He released his hold on the youkai and stood but didn't turn to the people behind him watching him.
 
“Ichisake-kun…” he suddenly heard Mareko asked scared.
 
Ichisake couldn't face her and tell her about what he left out when he told them about his old life. Neko and Yamakaza weren't saying anything not only because they didn't know what to say but that they knew what he had to tell Mareko.
 
“Ichisake-kun! Answer me!”
 
“I'm sorry…” he mumbled before he ran.
 
“Ichi-!” she stopped when she saw the corpse of the youkai, “Gods! H-he did this?”
 
Yamakaza looked at her calmly and that freaked the first year even more, “He did it to protect you.”
“He didn't have to like him!”
 
Neko just nodded to Yamakaza before turning to the crowd and swung his katana. In a burst of light he was able to destroy all evidence of the incident and erased the students mind's that saw it. When it ended the three teens outside were gone and classes went back to normal.
 
Yamakaza was sitting with Kurama who was talking to Mareko about what happened earlier that day. Mareko was still disturbed by what Ichisake did to the youkai.
 
“Mareko-san,” Kurama said trying to get her attention when she looked at him he asked, “Do you know what type of youkai was that attacked?”
 
She nodded, “Ichisake-kun told to be careful if we saw them. He said that their ki draining youkai. We would lose our powers if they drained us.”
 
“I'm figuring `we' is as in your group of friends.”
 
She looked away but nodded, `It seems more and more people are finding out about us but that's partly my fault. These three of the five people I've told today.'
 
“Mareko-san, what type of youkai is Ichisake?”
 
Her eyes widened as she shot up her head and exclaimed, “I'm not allowed to tell you! Not only that but I can't trust what you with what you say because I can't read your minds! That scares me!”
 
“Hn! You rally on your physic abilities too much,” they suddenly heard Hiei.
 
“Hiei-kun, please don't…” Kurama started but fell on deaf ears.
 
Hiei ignored Kurama as he walked up to Mareko who was staring to shake. “Unlike your friends you can only hear people's thoughts. You can't do anything else.”
 
Mareko suddenly slapped him as she stood up and yelled, “You know nothing about me! I defend myself by hearing people's thoughts! Ichisake-kun said my powers should develop more with the more experience I get! Don't talk down to me!”
 
“No offense Mareko-san,” Yamakaza interrupted, “but all of us have powers and it's called ki.” She lit her finger on fire, “Mareko-san you're not the only one to go through rough times in your life. At one point and time we all had to and we over come them.”
 
Mareko now seemed to understand where she stood with this group of people and was suddenly slapped by Hiei. She fell on the couch and stared in shock at him for hitting her.
 
“Sorry Mareko-san,” Kurama told her, “but you slapped him first. To him fair is fair. He got you back.”
 
She looked down before slowly getting up, “I need to go now. My friends are probably worried about me…”
 
Kurama was about to stop her but Yamakaza's body language said to let her go. Besides they already got enough information out of her. When Mareko was gone Yamakaza sighed and said, “I don't think we'll be seeing Mareko-san or Ichisake-kun anytime soon.”