Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ People are Never Who They Appear to Be A Hanyou Story ❯ Toya’s Nightmare Through Another’s Eyes ( Chapter 29 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 29
Toya's Nightmare Through Another's Eyes
 
Toya looked at Neko within a raging sea as he clung to a small piece of land for dear life. Neko couldn't help but notice that Toya's eyes were filled with fear and some hope at seeing him.
“Little Brother!” Toya yelled to him as he reached a hand out to him, “Help me! Please!”
Neko just reached for him somehow knowing that this Toya wasn't like that Toya he fought before. He was nearly touching the other's hand when something threw him back. The last thing he heard was, “Free me!”
 
Neko sat up in bed gasping he looked around quickly unable to identify where he was. After a moment he relaxed his tensed muscles and that's when he felt his left cheek swell. He placed a hand on his face, looked at the clock Yamakaza got him and thought, `Damn it's two in the morning! Baka telepathic dreams! I thought I grew out of them! …But Toya-kun. He seemed different …almost not evil.'
“Neko-kun, stop moving the bed,” Kichiro told him from the bottom bunk.
“Sorry,” Neko told him as he jumped off the bed, put on a robe, and went to the bathroom. He looked at himself in the mirror and saw a medium size first shaped bruise on his face. “I swear I get more telepathic dreams than I do normal dreams. Now I can't get back to sleep.”
Neko went back into his room and put on a light pair of pants and shirts. He stepped into the outside world and began to jog. He was jogging for while when he suddenly smelled blood coming from the park and it was a lot of blood. He picked up his pace as he followed the scent into the park until he came to a playground. He stopped in his tracks when he saw a teen lying faced down on the ground with blood surrounding him. Without thinking he went to the teen and picked him before teleporting to the hospital.
 
Noriko looked up to see Neko walk in with a teen in his arms. “Boy what did you do now?”
“I just found him like this; he lost a lot of blood. I think it's Kazuki-kun,” Neko told her, “He need to see Scott-kun I don't know how bad he is.”
She nodded and had a few nurses' help put the teen on the gurney and get an IV into him. Noriko had Neko call Yamakaza since she knew the boy more than Neko. Yamakaza got there a few minutes after the teen got out of surgery. Kazuki woke up long enough to see Yamakaza come in and give a smile of relief before slipping back into unconsciousness. Her eyes showed recognition and she turned to them worried but no fear.
Scott smiled and told her, “Don't worry, Neko-kun got him here just in time. I was able to stitch him up and put a few pints of blood into him.”
“Neko-kun, where did you find him?” she finally asked.
“In the park, I went for a run and I just smelled blood. When I got to him it was obvious that he was left for dead,” Neko told her.
“I sense no presence of youki or snakes around him and that would mean . . .”
“That the Kazuki-kun we know in school is not the real one.”
“The best I can do is contact Reikai and try to keep this a secret,” Scott told them as he looked Kazuki's chart. “He won't be able to be moved for awhile so I called Izu-kun to help put sutras on all the entrances. Most likely the youkai will come back to finish the job once he knows that Kazuki-kun isn't dead. That reminds me, Neko-kun you need a check up.”
“Do I have to?” Neko whined.
“Yes, now if you come with me.”
Kazuki regain consciousness and was able to tell them what happened to him for nearly three years. He finally came to the end, “And then he told me, `I have no need for you anymore. You'll just be another body.' That's when he morphed his arm into a blade and stabbed me and left me there.”
Neko looked at Yamakaza as she visibly sighed and she finally told him seriously, “Kazuki-kun, there's something you need to know that person you encountered was not ningen he was a youkai, I'm pretty sure you figured that out already. Listen carefully; you're in the middle of a four hundred fifteen year old murder case.”
“On who?” was the only question that came out of Kazuki because by this time nothing of like this could surprise him.
“Me,” Neko told him and that got Kazuki's attention.
“Y-you?”
Neko put his hands together and released the Illusion jutsu on him. His ningen ears disappeared while his youkai neko ears appeared and he unwrapped his tail from around his waist.
“Y-you're a youkai t-too!” Kazuki tried to sink into the bed as he pointed a finger at him.
“No I'm only part, I'm a hanyou, a half-breed,” Neko tried to calm the other teens nerves.
“Kazuki-kun calm down, he's not going to hurt you …nor will I,” Yamakaza told him before closing her eyes.
Kazuki looked at her somewhat worried, “Yamakaza-san …don't tell me you're a youkai too!”
“No I'm not a youkai I work with them by order . . .” She opened her eyes finally and with ninja guarded eyes told him, “By order of the Takashi Ninja Clan.”
“The Ta-Takashi!” he became stunned then calm, “B-but they disappeared!”
“No, Kazuki-kun, that's a cover up to hide the fact that we still deal with youkai. I am one of many Takashi members working on cases like Neko-youkai's. But the Head of Household ordered his death and that's why I'm taking this risk in telling you all this. You'll be questioned on what happened to you once you're taken to Reikai-”
“Reikai! You mean the land of the dead! Am I going to die?”
Yamakaza and Neko let out a heart filled laughed and it was Neko who said, “Yes you're going to the Land of the Dead but you're not going to die.”
“Kazuki-kun, Neko-kun will wait with you for a Reikai ferry girl to come and get you. Once you're there you'll be put under guard and be questioned again about what happened to you. Be fore warned there are ogres in Reikai.”
“Yamakaza-san! You can't leave me with all those youkai!” Kazuki exclaimed as he nearly head-butted if she hadn't fallen backwards from the suddenly movement.
“You won't be alone,” Neko told him, “I'll be coming with you.”
“What?” Kazuki looked at him stunned.
“You see Kazuki-kun because of you we finally have enough evidence to clear me of the murder charge placed on my head.”
“You seem waaay to calm to be innocent!”
“Can I kill him?” as Neko's look suddenly darkened.
“What? No!”
“Neko-kun, don't play like that,” Yamakaza smacked him on the back of the head, “Kazuki-kun, don't worry he completely harmless to ningens. He knows better not to kill any ningens or else he'll just be arrested and I won't help him out of that. See watch . . .”
Yamakaza reached up and rubbed Neko's ears. Neko's ears perked up before drooping a little; slowly his eyes began to droop, and leaned towards her as he began to purr. “See? He's just a big softy underneath.”
“Well, well, what's this?” Opal suddenly asked behind them.
Neko and Yamakaza cried out startled as they both fell out of their chairs.
“Don't do that, baka!” Neko yelled at her.
“You scared the daylights out of me!” Yamakaza told her.
“You two looked soo cute though,” Opal told them.
“Should we tell her?” Neko asked Yamakaza as they stood up.
“Tell me what?”
“Opal-san …stop your attempts to get me and Neko-kun together-” Yamakaza told her.
“But-” Opal interjected before Yamakaza continued.
“Because we've been together since he gave me the locket.”
“No, I wo-wait …what did you just say?” Opal looked at them confused.
“Opal-san, we both knew we loved each other but because of the Takashi law we couldn't be together until Yamakaza-san stopped working to help me clear my name,” Neko told her, “Now that Reikai's going to drop the charges we can actually start acting like a couple.”
Kazuki smiled a little and finally said, “I see now, I kept rejecting because you knew I wasn't the one. Was I Yamakaza-san?”
Yamakaza looked at him sadly and said, “No, I'm sorry Kazuki-kun. You aren't the one for me but you are a good friend.”
“I'm just glad I'm that.”
“So Opal-kun are you here to take Kazuki-kun and Neko-kun to Reikai?” as Yamakaza turned to her.
“No, these dim-wits are,” Opal thumbed over her shoulder.
“Who are you calling dim-wit, dim-wit!” Kuwabara exclaimed as he came in with Yusuke.
Yamakaza was surprised when Yusuke pointed a finger at her and said, “After all this is over, you, me, fight at Genkai-kun's temple.”
She sighed and relaxed her shoulders, “I hoped you forgot about that.”
“Hey right! You promised a fight with me and I won't let you out of it!”
“Alright! Is your witness ready to go?” Botan asked as she appeared on her oar.
Kazuki's eyes went wide as he pointed and stared at Botan with his mouth gaping open.
“What's wrong?”
Before he could answer he fainted nearly falling off the bed. Yamakaza answered for him, “He's never seen a girl on a flying oar before.”
“Oh …oops! Oh! Before I forget, Yamakaza-san since you're going to be staying here Koenma-sama wants you to stay at Genkai-san's temple. He says you and her need to catch up on a few things.”
“I can't, I have a little brother to go back to.”
“Don't worry your aunt will take care of him.”
“Revenge is a dish served cold,” Yamakaza simple told Botan as she headed to the door.
“I'm just the messenger!”
Yamakaza turned her and said as she gave a half smile, “That was a Takashi joke.”
 
“Yamakaza-san, it's been a while,” Genkai said as Yamakaza and the two teens came up the path.
“It's nice to see you again,” Yamakaza answered as she bowed to her. “Just so you know I promised your dim-wit prentice a match.”
“Hey!” Yusuke yelled but was ignored by both women.
“You can say that again, come in. Yukina-san as some tea brewing,” as she stepped aside. “You two go do somewhere else while we have a girl chat.”
Yamakaza smiled at them but then pulled down an eyelid and stuck her tongue out at them before closing the door.
“That-that!” Yusuke stuttered as his anger grew.
 
It was early the next morning Yusuke got to the temple early hoping to have his fight with Yamakaza. Sensing her out back he found her and Genkai both doing a handstand on one finger on a wooden pole. Not only that, but Yamakaza was in her gym uniform. The younger woman let her lower half until it looked like it would break in half and suddenly there was a loud popping sound.
Yamakaza let her feet touch the ground as she lifted her upper half up and sighed, “Oh that felt good!”
“That's annoying,” Genkai told her still in her position. “Nasty habit your mother gave you.”
“But have you ever tried it? It's refreshing! Hey, Yusuke, you must be here for your fight.”
“Yeah, let's go!” he stepped forward.
“Not until you stretch,” as she took her leg placed it on a tree and stretched her leg muscles.
“What? Come on!”
“No, I don't want our match to be ruined just because you crape up. Even a light stretch will do.”
“Take her advice, Yusuke, she'll push you to your limit,” Genkai told him.
“Fine!” before he did some short arm and leg stretches. “Is that good?”
“That'll do,” Yamakaza told him as she took a strong impenetrable stance, “Ready for a fight of your life.”
“Ready to stop talking!”
She just smiled a somewhat cocky smile and began to rise her temperature.
`What the- the temperature!'
“I told you before I'll show you my ki. I don't usually call out my attacks but why not? Fire Shards!” she pulled out several strands of her hair and threw them at Yusuke as they became as straight as needles and ignited.
“What the hell?” Yusuke exclaimed as he jumped back.
“Clone jutsu!” he heard Yamakaza, “Let's see you keep up!”
He looked up in time to see the second Yamakaza appear until Genkai interrupted, “Child, none of your jutsu.”
The clone Yamakaza turned to her and whined, “But he wanted to see my ki and that's what I'm giving him!”
“You're advanced on jutsu and the dim-wit won't keep up.”
“Will you stop calling me dim-wit? And I can handle her!” Yusuke yelled.
“Alright . . .” Yamakaza sighed as she let the clone disappear. “But that doesn't mean I'll go easy on martial arts.”
With that the only warning she dashed at Yusuke as her fists catching fire. Yusuke caught a fist and yelped. He jumped out of the way and looked at his hand, it was burnt.
“I'm fire, of course you're going to get burned,” Yamakaza told him.
“Boo,” they suddenly heard Hiei.
It was now Yamakaza's turn to yelp and jump back. She turned to him and yelled, “Don't do that! I don't have my inhaler!”
“The baby wants you.”
“Looks like our fight will have to wait until later but till then,” she looked over her shoulder and winked at him, “Build up your endurance to fire or less you won't defeat me.” Before he could answer Yamakaza did a jutsu and disappeared from sight.
“Grandma Genkai?” they heard a little boy called.