Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ People are Never Who They Appear to Be A Hanyou Story ❯ Iva the Shape Shifter Yasha ( Chapter 31 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 32
Iva the Shape Shifter Yasha
 
A girl with thigh length hair that was maroon changed to royal blue the rest of the way right below her eyes, and she wore a royal blue-red Chinese Chung Fu outfit and a skin tight black top. She looked like she was still in her teens.
Etsuko told them, “That's Shizuka-san, she's a hybrid of Cinder and Ice wolf youkai. She's very powerful.”
“Etsuko-san why are you helping these Reikai Tanteis?” the man asked curiously.
“Because you and your people killed my friends, their families and my own!”
“Shizuka-san, kill them all,” he ordered the girl.
The girl just lowered her head using her bangs covering up her eyes in shame and the staircase began to freeze and heat up at the same time. She told them, “Please forgive me …I have no choice.”
Before they could question her Hiei drew his katana as Shizuka turned ice in her hand into her own katana with deep ocean blue fire surrounding it.
The sound of blades clashing was heard Kurama suddenly asked Etsuko, “What does she mean she has no choice?”
“Yeah, I was wondering that myself,” Kuwabara told her.
Etsuko took a moment before telling them, “Their holding one of friends' captive to get us to do what they want. That's why I couldn't kill him sooner. Ken'ichi-kun and Kenji-kun were able to escape but not our friend Cho-san. Out of us all they are the three that don't like fighting.”
“I get it,” Yusuke said putting the pieces of the puzzle quicker than usual, “Well, let's take out that youkai to free your friend here. Ready Kuwabara-kun?”
“Let's go!” Kuwabara yelled as they both ran past the two youkai.
“Wait!” Etsuko cried, “That youkai specializes in curses!”
Kurama looked at her stunned and turned to see the two boys didn't hear her.
“Help me get ahead of them!” Etsuko told them.
Kurama nodded and followed her noticing Shizuka saw them and slowly stopped defending and attacking Hiei. Kurama held his hands together at the side for Etsuko to place her foot into. When she did he threw her into the air and she pulled out needles out of a hidden pouch from under her shirt. Before the youkai noticed Yusuke and Kuwabara she threw them and they buried deep into his skin. It was at that same moment Shizuka looked back from the other four fighters to Hiei and gave a weak smile.
Hiei suddenly realized what she was doing right as she let him bury his katana into her stomach. As Kuwabara and Yusuke beat the shit out of the youkai Kurama and Etsuko turned at the smell of blood filling the air.
Etsuko eyes widened in horror as she screamed, “Shizuka-san!”
 
Shizuka opened her eyes surprised to find she wasn't dead instead she was lying alone in the room the youkai held her in. She could smell the other youkai's blood and the Tanteis scents leading up the stairs. She looked down and saw a plant was healing and helping to keep her guts in. `Please let them save Cho-chan I don't want to lose her,' she prayed, `I promised her parents to protect her . . .'
 
The youkai the Tanteis encountered weren't that powerful because they thought their captured hanyous would protect them. When the hanyous saw Etsuko with the Tanteis they dove for cover or helped with the killing. They still were wondering what happened to Yamakaza and Neko.
The team got the surprise of their life when they saw a young teenage boy wearing an old martial arts uniform his had semi-long grey unkempt hair and sharp facial structure, was strapped to a doctors table. Etsuko stared in shock before fainting and was caught by Mizuki the girl that wore old overalls and she had long unkempt light pink hair and dark yellow eyes.
“That ya'll is `um Kiyoshi-kun,” she told them.
Akio the son of the doctor of the once peaceful village, who had short blond hair, aqua-blue eyes, and wore a white and blue hakama, went to Kiyoshi checking him. Once he began to un-strap Kiyoshi Kurama quickly helped with the other. The boys' breathing was shallow and deep, not a good sign. Akio told them, “Mizuki-san, take them ahead. I'll take care of Kiyoshi-kun.”
Mizuki set Etsuko down and nodded, “Faster th'n ya'll can say jack rabbit on wheels.”
Yusuke, Kuwabara, Kurama, and Hiei looked at her confused and suddenly heard Shizuka, “That means of course.”
“I thought-” Yusuke started as he turned to the door.
“I'm a fully blooded wolf yasha I heal faster than the others. By the way I found your friends; they were having fun beating the crap out of some of the youkai downstairs.”
Neko came up the stair case with a big goofy smile on his face and Yamakaza on his back who was also smiling. Yamakaza flipped off of Neko's back and landed in front of Tanteis and said, “Well, well, looks like Keo-chan as gotten a new batch of Reikai Tanteis.” They looked at her oddly until she said, “Takashi, Chikako at your service!”
Neko stepped in, “The youkai cursed her to stay in as this life until night fall.”
“Right! Let's kick some major cult ass!” as she lifted her fist into the air.
Kurama watched her nervously as did the others but Hiei who actually was deeply disturbed by her.
“Why don't you help those two over there and they'll take care of the ass kicking,” Neko told her as he led her to Akio.
“But I don't wanna!”
“I do think he is in need of your specialties,” he quickly nudged his head to the stairway going up to indicate that they better hurry.
Shizuka led them up the stairs and right before the door came into view she and Mizuki stopped as the boys stopped a few steps ahead. “We can't go ahead.”
“Why the hell not?” Yusuke asked.
“That two faced coyot will kill li'l Cho-chan if we go beyond this point,” Mizuki told them angrily.
“Get her out of her chains then we can help,” Shizuka told them specially Yusuke.
“Let's go,” Yusuke told them as he turned to the door.
When they entered they saw a girl that looked to be more scared and different than the others. She looked quite surprised, happy, and scared to see them. She had waist long purple-pinkish hair, red eyes, and wore a red-orange sleeveless skin tight dress that had slights on both side of it with dark orange shorts, sitting in a moderately small cage with chains around her wrists. Suddenly she looked directly at Kurama and said something in a strange tongue made up of grunts, whimpers, and yelps. (A/N: I don't want to make language.)
Kurama looked at her stunned before answering back in the same language.
The girl slipped her wrists through the bars and this time spoke in a normal tongue, “Please break the chains before she comes back!”
Kurama went to her and began to pick at lock when the ground began to shake. The girl cried out and held the bars of the cage as the Tanteis tried to ride the waving ground.
“Cho-chan you should know better of not talking to strangers,” said a very stuck up woman.
The Tanteis turned and saw a woman who was quite tall with ankle long midnight black hair standing near the window.
She didn't even seem to care that the Tanteis were there as she walked closer to Cho and said, “Now what should be your punishment.” She stopped as the Rose Whip whizzed past her face. She curiously touched the side of her face where the whip cut and looked at the blood on her finger.
“Listen lady,” Yusuke started, “Release the girl and we won't have to kill you.”
She looked at the boys now and said tilting her head slightly, “The name is Lady Iva and I don't take orders…I give them.”
The cut on her cheek disappeared and Cho cried, “She's a shape shifter and very powerful!”
“Quiet child,” Iva told her as she made the cage shrink around her.
Cho cried out and Kurama summoned his plants inside the cage to keep her from being crushed. Iva caught sight of Hiei coming at her with his katana ready to kill her. She was quickly distracted from Cho to defend herself from Hiei and Yusuke while Kurama tried to pick the locks on Cho's wrist as Kuwabara tried to break the bars of the cage with his Spirit Sword.
The shackles and chains fell to the ground with a loud `thunk' and there was a suddenly explosion that blew the cage apart when the girl throw her hand to the side at the bars. Cho flew straight into Kuwabara's arms as a bar flew straight past Yusuke and Hiei and into Iva's chest. The yasha looked down at the bar a moment as blood began to flow around the bar. The Tanteis watched as Iva grasped the bar and pulled it out with a sickening slide.
“DIE!” they suddenly heard Shizuka yell as she bolted into the room with claws and fangs bared.
“Shizuka-san! Stop!” Kurama yelled a little too late.
Shizuka was blasted back by a blast of scarlet red fire and Iva turned her attention back to the Tanteis, “Foolish child, you forget I possess your parents' power. Now for you nuisances.”
“Bitch!” Yusuke yelled angrily as he ran at her and took Iva by surprise.
Iva barely had time to dodge Yusuke's attacks but she didn't seem worried about it though. No matter how many times Yusuke hit her she always healed. Cho suddenly went to Shizuka she quickly leaned close to her before pulling her to safety. Kurama went to help and was stopped, “No, you have to destroy Iva-san's heart. If you destroy that you'll kill her there's no other way but hurry Iva-san will last longer than Yusuke. Take the passage by the window.”
Kurama reluctantly nodded and motioned Kuwabara to follow. Hiei watched them go and soon joined Yusuke in fighting Iva.