Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ People are Never Who They Appear to Be A Hanyou Story ❯ Chapter 35- The Truth ( Chapter 32 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 35
The Truth
 
Kurama was walking to his room to turn in for the night when he heard a song he never heard before playing in Natashi's room. He heard the woman sing a sad/happy song.
 
“I got a pocket, got a pocket full of sunshine. I got a love that knows that it's all mine. oh, oh, oh. Do what you want, but you never gonna break me, sticks and stone are never gonna shake me. oh, oh, oh”
 
Slowly he realized there was soft crying under the loud music. The cry was that of a teen that never grew up.
 
“Take me away (take me away). A secret place (a secret place). A sweet escape (a sweet escape). Take me away (take me away). Take me away (take me away). To better days (to better days). Take me away (take me away). A hiding place (a hiding place)”
 
“I hate you,” Natashi whispered making Kurama wonder who she was talking about.
 
“I got pocket, got a pocket full of sunshine. I got a love that knows that it's all mine. oh, oh, oh”
 
“I hate both of you!” she yelled as glass shattered. “Especially you!”
 
“Wish that you could, but you ain't gonna own me, do anything you can to control me. oh, oh, oh”
 
“I hate you for what you did to me and brother! I hate you! …I wish you could see me now…you would be surprised I turned out the opposite as the woman you thought I was going to be…but I still hate you…”
 
“Take me away (take me away). A secret place (a secret place). A sweet escape (a sweet escape). Take me away (take me away). Take me away (take me away. To better days (to better days). Take me away (take me away). A hiding place (a hiding place)
 
“There's a place that I go, That nobody knows, Where the rivers flow, And I call it home, And there's no more lies, And darkness is light, And nobody cries, there's only butterflies”
 
Natashi flopped onto her bed and cried into her heart out in her pillow. It was only when the crying stop did Kurama enter the room. He looked around and found a picture frame upside down on the ground broken.
 
“Take me away (take me away). A secret place (a secret place). A sweet escape (a sweet escape). Take me away (take me away). Take me away (take me away). To better days (to better days). Take me away (take me away). A hiding place (a hiding place).”
 
Picking up the broken frame he found himself looking at a picture of Natashi and Aden as kids and a man with his face scribbled out who he guessed was their father; they looked so happy.
 
“Take me away (take me away). A secret place (a secret place). A sweet escape (a sweet escape). Take me away (take me away). Take me away (take me away). To better days (to better days). Take me away (take me away). A hiding place (a hiding place).”
 
Suddenly it made sense, Natashi was the way she was partly because her father up and left her. She never had a father to watch over her and guide her. `You poor girl…growing up with only your brother to care for you,' as he brushed her bangs back.
 
“Take me away (take me away). A secret place (a secret place). A sweet escape (a sweet escape). Take me away (take me away). Take me away (take me away). To better days (to better days). Take me away (take me away). A hiding place (a hiding place)
 
“I got a pocket, got a pocket full of sunshine. I got a love that knows that it's all mine. oh, oh, oh.”
 
Yoko came out and held her against him. Natashi curled up into his lap as he slowly reached over to her desk.
 
“Do what you want, but you never gonna break me, sticks and stone are never gonna shake me oh, oh, oh. The sun's on my side. Take me for a ride. I smile up to the sky. I know I'll be alright. The sun's on my side. Take me for a ride. I smile up to the sky. I know I'll be alright.”
 
He turned it off and closed it, slowly brought Natashi up against his chest and held her close. Yoko made one of the plants in Natashi's room turn off the light as he began to pet her hair. The sensation of her hair in his hands brought back memories of the two females he tried his best to protect but still lost them. He shut his eyes tightly trying to banish the memories of both of one of the females dieing in front of him and the other slipping from his grasp.
`Kyoko…Ivious…I won't let this one go like the way you two did,' he thought sorrowfully.
`Please…' Kurama suddenly heard a female voice. He looked around for a moment until he felt Natashi's hand tighten on his arm. `I want…a friend…like him…'
`Physic?'
`I don't want to be lonely…anymore…'
Kurama held her and drifted off with a smile. A scream suddenly brought him out of his peaceful sleep and the body in his arms struggled to break free of his arms. After a moment he realized what he thought was happening. “Natashi calm down it's just me!”
It was no use Natashi wouldn't stop struggling or letting out small cries of fear. Suddenly a heel of a hand impacted his chin forcing him to release Natashi. With a few short strides Natashi was across the room and turned on the light. Watching her Kurama realized she wasn't having a nightmare or was startled by him but she was afraid of something else.
“Natashi…” as he got off her bed and slowly walked to her.
She looked at him with wide panicked eyes as she breathed at a rapid pace. Suddenly she came back to herself and yelled, “What the hell are ya'll doing in my room?”
Kurama was stunned for a moment and asked, “Natashi, are you afraid of the dark?”
“No!” she jumped to her feet trying to cover up the fact she was. “I'm not afraid of anything!” The look of disbelief told her he wasn't falling for it. “I'm not afraid of the DARK!”
Kurama walked over and flicked the light switch down. He began to count in his head to see how long she hold back until she had to turn on the light. After thirty seconds he heard her hands scrambling to turn on the light. He gave her a knowing look before she pushed him out of her room. He quickly turned and held the door opened asked, “Are you physic?”
“A little…I don't use it because it's not powerful enough,” before she closed her door. “Damn! Now I can't go back to sleep!”
  
Natashi was in the middle of brushing her teeth when she heard the doorbell ring. Turning away from the news on the television went to the door and was met to a beautiful middle-aged woman.
“Oh, Yamakaza I didn't know you were here,” the woman told her.
Looking somewhat irritated she turned away she threw her head back to call to Kurama, “Door!” she then walked to the bathroom.
Kurama rushed to the door from the kitchen and saw his mother, “Mother, what a pleasant surprise. What brings you here?”
“I wanted see if you were going to see the annual Ninja Festival,” she answered. “Why is Yamakaza here? Are you two together?”
There was a crash in the bathroom of plastic bottles indicating that Natashi heard and Kurama answered, “No, she's the roommate that I told you about, her names Manasha, Natashi.”
“She's very…” Shiori couldn't seem to find the right words.
“Odd,” Kurama answered as he let his mother in, “She lived in the district as Yusuke-”
“Until you forced me to come here!” Natashi suddenly yelled from her room.
Kurama saw his mother's startled look and told her, “She got into some trouble and so I volunteered to watch her.”
“I'm heading out,” Natashi told him as she came out with her backpack.
“Where are you going?” Shiori asked cheerfully.
“To the festival, I'm in the tournament,” as she walked out the door.
“Don't worry mother, she's in the same team as Yamakaza.”
“Yamakaza's in the tournament? That's new…”
 
Kurama and Shiori entered the stadium as the two fighters entered the arena. Neko waved them over to where he and Kichiro were sitting. Just as they sat down the lights turned off and several larges screens came down.
“Ladies and gentlemen,” the announcer spoke, “to all who are new to this, this is the night time matches. The screens are attached to night vision cameras and so we'll be able to see what's happening. The fighters have to use whatever gear they brought with them to get the upper hand with their opponent.” The screens did a split screen to show both fighters. “Unlike the other matches the battle started as soon as the lights turned off.”
On the left side of the screen showed a woman fighter reaching into her bag for an item. On the other side was her opponent and she was attempting to search for the other woman without any device to help.
 
Natashi pulled out her glasses; she popped the lens out, and placed them into her glasses case. She placed plastic lens in the frames and commanded a night plant to cover them so she could see. She knew she was right to bring her glasses with her. The plants sap covered the lens and turned they turned into night glasses. Placing her backpack on her back she agilely jumped on the roof of the buildings. She had to evilly smile at the fact that her opponent was trying to find her without any device to see in the dark and by the look of it the woman didn't have good night vision, at all! The woman just ran into one of the buildings.
It would be simple, use shurikens to tie the woman up with wire and pin her down. Taking out wire from between her breast, placing the roll of wire on a kunai, she tied the end of wire to the shuriken, and embedded the kunai into the roof. She jumped down from the roof and quickly ran around the woman. The woman didn't know what was happening until it was too late Natashi got her tangled up in the wire and had it in the shuriken in the wood and waited for the count down. Suddenly something hit her jaw and nose.
“Ow…” was the first thing Natashi said when she woke up.
“Look whose out for the count now,” Yamakaza told her.
“What?” Natashi sat up holding her face.
“You got a broken nose and almost a broken jaw,” Fujita answered.
“That means…”
“You can't fight!” Yamakaza exclaimed as she laughed.
“Yes I can! Didn't Scott fix it?” as she looked for Scott who wasn't in with them at the moment.
“Yes, but the force of the girls kick knocked you out,” Daisuke told her. “You were disqualified.”
“That means…I have to figure out a new excuse to get away from that red head!” she mumbled to herself. (A/N: she really doesn't want anything to do with Kurama for a certain reason that will be revealed soon.)
 
Natashi came out of the stadium trying to avoid Kurama and his mother. She didn't want to give Kurama the excuse of dragging her back to the apartment. She practically had to use all her ninja skills to not get caught by Kurama who was still searching for her. Quickly she rushed back to the locker room to change into her costume she left in there. But instead of putting on the wig she took out black and red dye and went to the showers change her hair color.
Coming out of the shower with her hair now black with red bang when Opal suddenly appeared and said, “Nice hair.”
“EEP!” Natashi yelped almost losing her towel. “Don't do that!”
Opal went on totally ignoring her, “I need you to be at Blue Moon restaurant at seven tonight.”
“No can do, I'm getting away from that red head as much as I can,” Natashi told her as she put on her costume. “Besides I'm not staying around when his mother's around.”
The other woman looked at her confused, “Why?”
“My mother's an alcoholic, that's all that needs to be said,” as Natashi brushed her hair up into pigtails. “Ow! Stupid knots…”
“Natashi you don't need to be afraid of Shiori-”
Natashi snapped her head towards Opal and yelled as she held onto the one ponytail, “I'm not afraid of her! I'm just uncomfortable to be around a mother like her! Why the fuck do you think I would be scared of her? I've been put against a demon lord when I was seven.”
“Well, I thought you meant she was abusive.”
“Yeah right, she was never really in her right mind when she was around,” as Natashi got into her costume, “I just never really knew what a mother's love really was and I don't care anymore.”
Opal seemed a little confused at Natashi statement because her eyes contradicted her words. She opened her mouth to pursue her to come with to the restaurant but Natashi turned and left once she had her pigtails up.
  
Music was pounded loudly in the club and everyone on dance floor was dancing to Caramelldansen (Speedycake Remix). Everyone had their hands on top of their heads as they swung their hips while some just danced normally to the music. It wasn't long before everyone shook their hips as the bounced their body's side to side and made their hands go up and down. Up on the main stage was Natashi and some others, he hair was back to its normal color and instead of her black clothes she was wearing dark street clothes.
She wore sleek black jeans and a brown mid-drift tank top. Laughing and having a time of her life she never noticed Opal come in the door. Natashi began to mouth the words and danced like she was performing. Side step to and the right twirl of the right hand; side step the left and twirl the left hand. Finger tips on her chest and then did a little; finger tips back on the chest. Feet spread, both hands to the left hips, and then the other. Soon the others began to on then all too soon the song ended.
Natashi jumped off the stage and before she knew it she was pulled out of the club. With a twist of the wrist she grabbed the persons' arm only to have the person grab her other wrist. “Opal!”
“You should be at the Blue Moon restaurant,” Opal told her.
“I told ya'll I'm not going! That bastard ruined my life by forcing me to stay with him!” Natashi exclaimed. “With that said I'm leaving.”
“Oh no you don't,” as Opal grabbed Natashi tank top. To Opal's surprise Natashi turned around and bent over relieving herself of her shirt and Opal's grabs; luckily Natashi was wearing a bra. It took a second for Opal to realize that she had Natashi's shirt in her hand. “Natashi!”
“What? I told ya'll I'm not going.”
“Uh, Natashi,” they heard Kurama behind Natashi as he looked at her funny, “Why are you just in your bra?”
“Opal stole my shirt because she wanted me to the Blue Moon Restaurant.”
Kurama looked at Opal who looked away innocently before they both noticed Natashi walking away. The two grabbed her wrists making her stop and look at both of them. To say the least Natashi was a little confused by both of them. All too soon she suddenly found herself back in her shirt thanks to Kurama and Opal. Opal suddenly pushed Natashi into Kurama and he automatically held onto her.
Blushing furiously, Natashi disappeared from Kurama's grasp and reappeared a few yards away. She didn't realize she was wearing the most adorable angry pout on her face as she turned and she ran away. When she came to a stop she was back in the district she was born in and on an old bridge she use to go as a child. She sat on her knees and pillowed her chin on her folded arms.
`I swore I would never love again and I won't let no one change that…I suffered too much the last time.' Natashi didn't even twitch as she felt a dark youki appear behind her instead she greeted it, “Hey Hiei…”
Hiei gave her his usually greeting which was a `hn' and came up beside her. “What's you're problem?”
“What do y'all think? Being captured by Reikai, assigned to help y'all, oh, and let's not forget the fact that I have to stay with Kurama. Otherwise there's no problem.”
“He does that…” he told her simple. “You just caught his attention.”
“That's what the last guy said too…”
“I still owe you a life…I can kill him for you…”
“Wouldn't that put y'all in jail? Besides he hasn't been around there's no point in killing him.”
“You've changed a lot since we first met.”
“No kidding. Y'all didn't expect a little girl like me to beat y'all to y'all treasure,” Natashi chuckled.
“You got lucky.”
“Sure whatever y'all say,” as she waved her hand slightly. After a moment, “Do you have any theists you need my expertise for?”
“Unfortunately no.”
“I guess I better head back to the apartment and no I'm not going to take you up on the offer of living with you. I really don't like to sleep in trees,” she chuckled at her comment before heading towards Kurama's apartment.
Hiei threw a rock at her head in fake annoyance and she in turned pretended it hurt her.
 
 
A/N: Well that's the end of book one. I'll be working on the next part soon but I'm at a lose I for ideas for how Kurama wins Natashi's friendship and soon her heart over. So if you could send me some ideas I would like it very much. And if you want to talk to me send a review and tell me and we'll figure out a way to chat.