Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Please forgive me... --Prelude to Girl of Eternal Suffering-- ❯ "No Other Way" ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Prelude to Girl of Eternal Suffering
 
Episode 2:
“No Other Way…”
 
Hiei continued to watch over his sister while reflecting over many things. He wondered if he should betray his ally.
 
No he thought reassuringly it goes against my code. But… Yuknia, my sister. Oh I wish I could ask some one for help, but what would they say- Heck! What would I say?
 
The youkai growled in frustration. What was he to do? Betray Yuusuke and go against his honor code? He would never-but to protect Yukina… was it right?
 
“Damn…” he muttered
 
The Jagan stirred.
 
Well he could confront him. Go to the demon world without one of Keiko's things and slaughter the bastard that was trying to order him around like he was his servant. Thoughts continued to encircle his head, as he grew more and more irritated. He tried to quiet himself down while rage ripped at him furiously.
 
What if I am caught when I try to take something? What will I do then? And if I go without one of Keiko's things- will he immediately kill Yukina?
 
Hiei continued to be irritated as he finally came upon a decision.
 
He reassured himself that it was the right thing to do. There was no other way to save her without…
 
Without…
 
 
~*~*~
 
 
 
Hiei continued to journey through the dark depths of a Makai forest as it closed in menacingly about him. It didn't bother him though- darkness was his thing.
 
In his right hand he gripped a very small lock of soft, brown hair that he had pulled from Keiko's hairbrush the night before. He brushed away some leaves and vines as he pushed forward, forcing himself to believe he had done the right thing. No, the only thing he could have done to save his sister's life. He paused, still so unsure. He cursed himself again thinking furiously, Why do I concern my self with the welfare of others!? Yukina is my only concern and I have to do this myself and forget what will happen later. Yukina is the only thing that matters now…
 
Hiei eventually came upon the location his evil eye had pulled him toward. This was the place where he sensed the presence of the demon that beheld a threat to his sister's life. He narrowed his eyes and pushed to the door of the tall dark mansion that was but a few meters away. He sighed heavily and shoved the heavy iron door inwardly to reveal an old, dark and cold room with ancient untouched furnishings. A heavy dusty chandelier hung loosely overhead covered in cobwebs and forest creepers. Tall unruly grasses had pocked up between and overwhelmed the floorboards. The Floorboards creaked and squeaked under even his light, even steps. He waited for a while wondering why the demon had picked this run down place to meet. Where was he, anyway?
 
The Jagan stirred as Hiei felt the presence of the demon approaching him slowly. From the shadows the demon's hulking form slowly appeared, the crystal clear orb held tightly in his hand and the floorboards moaning resentfully at his every step.
 
“So you've arrived, Hiei! How pleasing it is to see that you have also brought what I have asked of you. You're very good at following orders.” Hiei growled furiously. Placing his hand upon the hilt of his katana
 
“Slow you're hand, Hiei.”
 
“No, first you're going to tell me, what is it that you really want? How did you get that thing…and why are you coming to me with this crap?!”
 
“Well first I began by purchasing a tear gem of the ice maiden's from that ever-demonic human, Tarukane.” The demon seemed proud to relay his methods and the actions he took to lead up to this. “Then I contacted a friend who agreed to create an `Orb of the Dead'… a sphere used for torture from afar. And as for my intentions, I don't think they are that hard to picture, now are they?”
 
“Who is this Yugure person anyway, is he a human or a demon, and why is he helping you…?”
 
“That's not your business, Hiei, now give me the lock of hair!”
 
“I don't think so-!” Hiei cried drawing his sword and rushing at the demon, grabbing frantically for the orb. But the demon dodged him and jerked the jewel out of his reach.
 
“Damn you!” Hiei cried charging at him again, aiming his katana for the demon's throat. The demon dodged again this time delivering a crushing blow to hi-youkai's gut. Hiei fell from the air and crumpled to his knees clutching his stomach. He growled in frustration. The demon's face flashed with glee as he directed another swing at Hiei's head. The small youkai reacted instantly flitting away from the demon.
 
“Then you'll die with your sister?!!” the demon leapt forward as Hiei's Jagan began to burst with light and the bandana melted away. But Hiei couldn't ready his dark dragon fast enough as another blow connected with his jaw and he toppled backward.
 
Hiei couldn't believe how powerful and fast the demon was. He struggled to lift himself off the ground as a searing light came from the direction of the demon. A kai blast!- but he couldn't move. Hiei's vision was blurry and he could barely hold himself up. It was then that there came a shout from his right and Hiei barely made out a vague figure racing toward him…