Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Psychic Conspiracy ❯ Chapter 1: Not A Day Goes By... ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Psychic Conspiracy

Drof: My take-on of the Sensui Saga. Am I gonna do the whole Yu Yu H series over like this? Probably, why? I guess you could call this the sequel to ND, since it happens AFTER ND ends. And no, I HAVEN'T GOT ND FINISHED!! Just so you know. I'm pathetic, I know…But, here's a new fic from me!

Karasu: Oh, joy.

Drof: You're just angry `cause I woke you up.

Karasu: *sarcastically* No, ya THINK?

BHS: Why no, I don't.

Ford: No one was asking you…

Drof: I think that Kuronue is fluffy.

Crickets: Chirp, chirp, chirp.

Everyone Else: *stares at Drof.*

*After about thirty seconds of dense silence and staring.*

Drof: What?!

Karasu: Just do the disclaimer.

Disclaimer: Ford owns nothing that she has no ownership of, nor rights to, nor holds in her possession, nor has any sort of copyright or monopoly on.

Karasu: …Interesting disclaimer.

***

Prologue: Meeting In The Rain

It was raining, the rain pounding down from the sky and beating the muddy ground into a morass of mud, and a fine mist hung about. Water dropping from the soaking-wet trees mingled with the rain falling, and splashed into the ground.

Not that you could tell.

It was a grey day, the sky an overcast grey, shading the trees and bushes of the nearby forest a dreary grey, the ground was a grey mud, and even the rain itself seemed to take on a greyish hue as it poured from the grey clouds. The only spot of color was a black patch, which resolved itself into a person, dressed in black. The gender of this person was impossible to tell, cloaked *so to say* as they were in a black cloak, their face hidden by a black cowl pulled low.

The figure looked around, and sighed again, a sound more disgusted than weary. It *I shall refer to this person as `It' until we now the gender, just so you know* shook its head and pulled the cowl tighter about it, trying to keep out the rain. This was rather impossible. The rain was that kind of pouring, driving rain that goes whichever way needed to get under and past any defenses that one might have to keep dry or any shelter one might find.

"She had better get here quick," the person grumbled.

"She's right here," a voice said, as amused as the person was irritated.

It turned around, and looked *coughglaredcough* at the person. This new person was a female, though the other's gender was still unknown.

"I really hate it when you do that…" It muttered. "You know full well I can't sense your energy."

"I just love sneaking up on you!" the girl said. It shook its head, and rolled its eyes.

"So, why did you have me meet you here?" It asked.

"Something's going on, in the Makai," the girl said, her voice troubled. It sighed.

"Lemme guess, something in her territory?"

"Yeah," the girl nodded. "A psychic, a powerful one. She can't even find him or her, just a huge circle of radiating power. Whoever it is, they've got great protections around them, and she can't get through them. Not right now, anyway. She's working on it, but it'll take a while. But, when she does," the girl said, a sudden blood-thirsty gleam in her eyes, "whoever they are, they're dead."

It noticed, and was disturbed by, the eagerness in the girl's eyes as she pronounced the unknown psychic's doom. It shook its head, reflecting on how the world was spiraling down into corruption more and more each day. `One her age shouldn't have that look in her eye when she talks about death,' It thought, and It was right. But, then again, she was a very…unique young girl.

"So, what's that got to do with me?" It asked, wanting to get to the point and not have to stay out in this rain for any longer than was needed.

"Well, I need you to do something," the girl said. "You'll have to go to the Human Realm. I've sensed some strange things, and so…"

After the girl explained, It nodded, and walked off purposefully, meaning to get to the Human Realm as quickly as possible. The girl stood there for a long while after It had gone, reflecting on the conversation, and certain words traded. Indeed, she knew that It couldn't sense her energy, and she knew why, as well.

There are those who, when they die, don't pass on. They don't become ghosts, they simply keep their physical bodies, and they heal from whatever they were killed by. They live like normal people, except that they're dead.

And those lingering dead couldn't be sensed. She grinned bitterly, and laughed equally bitterly. She was one of those living dead, one of those who had died and never passed on. She wished at times that she could escape this living death, but she couldn't. She shook her head, and started walking away. She had things to do.

***

Chapter 1: Not A Day Goes By…

Yusuke Urameshi sighed as he walked down the street to school, kicking at a can dejectedly. He'd just gotten back from barely surviving the apocalyptic final battle of the Tournament, where Kiiyra had been driven to her breaking point and past it by Toguro. The boy shuddered as he remembered the things Toguro had said, remembered the demon's recitation of what he'd done to Karasu…

He realized that Toguro was a real sicko then. He'd lost all respect for the man when he'd heard what Toguro had done to Karasu after he'd beaten the Crow until he couldn't fight back or move. He'd gained quite a bit of respect for Karasu, after hearing what the man had gone through at Toguro's hands, what he'd endured. And all for the sake of his family.

There was nothing Yusuke held in higher respect than selfless loyalty. And there was nothing he despised more than a lowly coward who inflicted senseless cruelties on others in order to make himself fell more a man. He'd thought Toguro had had it pretty good, with his strength and how no one could boss him around, and he'd respected that Toguro was independent.

Then he'd heard what Toguro did with that strength, and it sickened and repulsed him. He tore his thoughts away from that subject, not wanting to think about it at all.

"Man, this is just too nice a day to go to school," he whined, though in truth he was thinking that he just wasn't ready for school, wasn't ready for having to handle hiding what he was and what he'd gone through.

"Yeah," Kuwabara agreed. His face was unreadable, but Yusuke had a pretty good idea what he was thinking about. Kuwabara had always been a little nervous about the fact that several of his friends were demons, ancient creatures with power beyond anything a human could aspire to. At the Tournament, he'd learned the true depth of the strength in the demon who was perhaps his most powerful friend.

He, along with everyone else at the Tournament during that final match, had witnessed first-hand what happened when Kiiyra was driven past her breaking point, when her true power was unleashed. The power had radiated off of her, as she'd walked in that slow way she had towards Toguro, that way when she took so much time placing one foot in front of the other and seemed to be padding effortlessly even when she was apparently putting all her strength into walking.

Her feet had made dents in the arena, what was left of it after the blazing explosion her power being unleashed had caused. In that instant, when she stood up with her eyes blazing pure orange fury like search-lights in the dead of night, with tears flowing from those solid-color eyes like water from a faucet, when she'd seemed to grow larger and smaller at the same time, she hadn't been Kiiyra. She'd been someone and something completely different, something frightening beyond all reason and strangely comforting.

"You know," Yusuke said slowly, savoring each word, "I think I just caught sick."

"Yeah, I hear the arcade's got a cure," the carrot-topped teen said, grinning.

SMACK!!

"Ow, Keiko, what was that for?!" Yusuke yelled, clapping his hand to the back of his head, where Keiko's binder had connected just a few seconds prior.

"You are not skipping your first day back!" Keiko said angrily. "Atsuko had to make lots of excuses just to keep them from failing you this year, and you're not going to ruin it!"

Yusuke took one look at the indignant girl's blazing brown eyes, and thought better off skipping. In fact, school started to look pretty inviting, compared to the hell Keiko would give him if she knew he'd skipped. Grumbling, he continued walking towards the school, until a commotion up ahead brought him up short.

Three guys were hassling a familiar-looking girl, shoving her around and just generally making nuisances of themselves. She looked hassled and harassed, but that was normal. Her backpack was hanging by one strap on her shoulder and she had a couple large books clutched in her arms. Her glasses hung askew and her hair was disheveled. Her clothing was rumpled and one shoe was untied, and the way she stumbled when one of the guys pushed her spoke eloquently of a complete and utter lack of balance.

All in all, she seemed the perfect target to bullies like those guys, one of those people who seem to have been born purely to picked on. Yusuke would probably have chosen her as a victim if he saw her alone in the hall, if not for one little thing…

This girl had the protection of a demon whose strength made Kiiyra look like a toddler.

"Hey, girlie, whatcha doin' here? This ain't the place for li'l American girls!" the guy with sunglasses said. He pushed her, and she stumbled into another guy, this one wearing a fancy-looking leather jacket, which he'd probably stolen. Expensive-Jacket turned her around and leered into her face.

"Hey girlie, how `bout a li'l kiss?"

"How `bout you leave me alone, you pathetic excuse for an oxygen-inhaling and carbon-exhaling waste of lungs," the girl replied in a pleasant voice. The guy blinked, trying to figure out what she'd said.

"Hey, BHS!" Yusuke called. "These guys bugging you?"

"Nah, just in my way," BHS called back. She looked Expensive-Jacket in the eyes, and said pleasantly, "Kindly relinquish your hold on me before I'm forced to resort to using force."

Sunglasses scoffed, but Expensive-Jacket just stared into her eyes, mesmerized by what he saw there. Sunglasses noticed this, and swaggered over.

"C'mon man, she's twelve," he said as Expensive-Jacket let BHS go and slowly backed away, his gaze never leaving her eyes.

"Look at her eyes man," the guy said, his voice quaking. Sunglasses lowered his sunglasses and looked into BHS's eyes, and he too was caught within those brown depths. Yusuke knew what they'd see.

If the eyes were the mirror to the soul, than BHS was in need of serious help. Looking into her eyes, the two ruffians saw a look of suffering and a coldness, a wisdom beyond her years, knowledge earned the hard way. They saw the gaping hole where her conscious should have been, saw the savage darkness where there should have been innocence, saw the look of loss. They saw a look that spoke eloquently of the things she'd lost. They saw that where there should have perhaps been the look of love an infatuated girl would have had a look of pain, a look that said she'd seen the love of her life die before her very eyes.

They saw into her soul, saw the emptiness, the dead, savage cold and the darkness that consumed her, saw the hatred she'd felt so often, saw a look of hard determination. And in that instant, they understood that she wasn't really all there, that a vital part of here was missing.

She'd seen the death and blood-shed at the Dark Tournament, she'd seen the only person who truly understood her die, and she'd seen the man she loathed with all her heart die at the hands of the one who killed her love.

"C'mon, I'm gonna be late," BHS said.

"Yeah," Yusuke said, coming up to stand beside her. Kuwabara and Keiko weren't far behind, and as they continued on their way, the guys parted for them to pass.

"They aren't men," Kuwabara said disdainfully, looking at the fear in their eyes.

"They've been pampered all their lives," BHS said. "They think they've seen hard stuff, but they have no idea."

"Come on, like BHS said, we're going to be late," Keiko said. And so they continued walking to school, undisturbed.

***

"Well, here's to another boring day at school," Yusuke said, raising his soda. BHS rolled her eyes, and nodded. She lifted her own drink, and they toasted the boringness of school.

"Well, at least I can understand the language," BHS said, rolling her eyes.

"Hey, Kuwabara, gimme your sandwich," Yusuke said. BHS thought this was an odd thing to say, until she realized that Yusuke wasn't listening to her at all, and was grabbing at Kuwabara's lunch. She rolled her eyes again and sat back to enjoy the show.

"No way!" Kuwabara said. "This is my only lunch!"

"Oh, thanks!" Yusuke yelled back. "I win the whole Dark Tournament and you won't even give me your lunch!"

"Hey, it was my manly strength that carried us through!" Kuwabara retaliated.

"Oh, thanks for saving my life and all," Yusuke said in his best imitation of Kuwabara's voice, "but my sandwich is just too darn good for you!"

"I wanna know," one of Kuwabara's friends said offhandedly, "do they hate or like each other?"

"I think a little bit of both," another friend said.

"Something tells me that they were an old married couple in a past life," BHS said, watching the two boys squabble.

"True," Botan said from behind the girl, who jumped and landed gracelessly on the floor, "but the question is: Who was the mom, and who was the dad?"

There was a moment as everyone imagined first Mother-Yusuke and Father-Kuwabara, and then vice versa. When they came back to reality, BHS look rather sick.

"Both options seem equally sickening," she said.

"Urameshi! Kuwabara!" Mr. Takanaka said loudly, causing Yusuke and Kuwabara to jump. "Lunch is over."

Kuwabara and his friends scrambled for their seats, while Yusuke waltzed over to sit next to BHS. Mr. Takanaka turned his attention to Botan.

"You there," he said, "which teacher do you belong to?"

"Who me?" Botan squeaked in surprise. "Um…Foreign exchange student, Japanese very choppy," she added, practically running out of the classroom.

"Nice cover," BHS said, shooting one of those ¬.¬ looks after Botan.

"Hello miss, are you in this class?" Mr. Takanaka asked.

"Um, yeah…" BHS said.

"What's your name?" the teacher asked, quirking an eyebrow.

"BHS."

The eyebrow moved up further. "Last name?"

"Dunno," BHS shrugged. "Prefect, I guess you could say."

"BHS Prefect."

"Well, I don't actually know my last name, so just say it's Prefect, or call me BHS," the girl explained. Mr. Takanaka sighed, and muttered something pessimistic.

"Well, you don't seem to be on my list…"

"I'm new."

"Then you'll have to register at the school."

"Can we just assume I'll probably be in Germany by tomorrow, and skip the registration?" BHS asked.

"Sure…" Mr. Takanaka sighed again.

"Germany?" Yusuke whispered to the girl as Mr. Takanaka began the lesson. BHS shrugged, and looked at him.

"I couldn't say I'd be in the Makai, now could I?" she whispered back. "Now listen to the nice man and you might actually learn something."

***

Somewhere In The Makai

"Ford, what are ye doin'?" Dark-Sparrow asked, seeing her lord sitting still, her eyes wide open and unblinking, seemingly not breathing.

"She's not breathing…" Kuronue said with a shrug.

<Methinks she's not breathing,> came the comment from the cue-card hovering near the scene.

"Methinks ye needa shuddup," Dark-Sparrow said unkindly. She waved her hand in front of Ford's face, then snapped her fingers in front of the lord's eyes.

There was no response.

"How long has she been like this?" Dark-Sparrow asked, poking Ford's forehead.

"All day," Kuronue sighed.

Dark-Sparrow shook her head, and knocked her fist on the top of Ford's head. She blinked, perplexed, and bent down so her ears were against the lord's head, and knocked again. Slowly, a grin spread across her face.

<What is it?> the cue-card asked.

"Hollow," Dark-Sparrow laughed. Then she did a double-take. "Why aren't ye tryin' to find ways ta lynch me, Mukuro?"

<Watching Ford is more interesting.>

"Ah." The pirate then looked at Ford, and said, "Ye got a meeting with the Idiots Upstairs today."

There was no response.

"Yer castle's burnin'," she tried.

There was no response.

"That usually works," the pirate mused. "ShadowBlade's invading."

No response.

"Whoa!"

No response.

"Yep, she's dead," Dark-Sparrow said. "Shall we bury her or burn her?"

<Use her as a decoration,> the cue-card suggested with an air of amusement. Insofar as a cue-card can be amused, this is what that cue-card was.

"I'm not dead, you idiots," Ford said in a voice that was toneless and strangely hollow in an echoing sort of way, "I'm trying to concentrate on breaking these protections that some psychic has up around them. Whoever they are, they're in my territory and they're very powerful, but the energy isn't youkai in nature, so it's a human with powers that many a demon would envy…And they're several hundred meters under this castle."

"Does that correspond with anywhere in the Human Realm?" Kuronue asked, apparently not perturbed by the fact that Ford didn't blink or breathe when she spoke. In fact, the only part of her that moved was her mouth.

"A field in Mushiyori City, why?" Ford asked.

<Shouldn't you tell Koenma?>

"Are you insane, Mukuro?" the lord responded. That in itself was not so unusual, but what was unusual was that the cue-card was behind her, and she didn't turn around.

<You have a reason for this, don't you?>

"That little midget can figure it out himself. I don't feel very kindly towards him, and withholding this information isn't exactly going to kill him. The psychic seems harmless, but that's probably just because I can't get through their protections. I doubt a human could pose much threat to anything. Probably just some dare-devil who wants to see how long he can foil the master psychic herself. Of course, once I get through those protections, they're going to wish I'd never been born," Ford said.

"Can I ask why ye not breathing?" Dark-Sparrow asked.

"Breathing takes energy, and I need to use all my energy to concentrate on these protections," Ford answered. "Now, leave me alone while I concentrate on causing the death of yet another human. Or maybe I'll just make `em insane." And with that, she lapsed back into silence.

"Well," Dark-Sparrow said after a moment of silence, "she's certainly herself. Seems she's got over that li'l incident at the Tournament, aye?"

"She's probably plotting Kiiyra's downfall because of that incident at the Tournament," Kuronue replied.

"Probably," Dark-Sparrow replied. She dropped into a sitting position and stared at Ford for a little while.

"If you stare at her for a while, she still won't move," Kuronue said. Dark-Sparrow shrugged.

"I'm seein' if she's really not breathin', savvy?"

"You do that. I have paperwork to do," Kuronue said, and left.

***

At Yusuke's School

"I thought that lesson would never end!" Yusuke said with a relieved sigh as he walked down the empty hallway. BHS nodded.

"Can't believe I have to wear this uniform," she said, pulling at the skirt she wore. She'd done her best to make it a bit better, wearing baggy black pants underneath the skirt and her blue England jacket over the shirt, but it was still a uniform and she still hated it.

"Get used to it," Yusuke advised.

"You look weird wearing a skirt," Kuwabara said.

"Hey, is that Botan?" BHS asked, looking at a blue blur flying towards a window.

"It is," the Spirit Detective commented.

"Botan!" the girl yelled. "The window's not open!"

"Ahhhh!!" Botan yelled, trying to stop. She did, right in front of the window, which Yusuke opened. "Thanks for the warning," the Grim Reaper said, flying into the window on her oar.

"So, why are you here?" Yusuke asked.

"I was just going to tell you not to get yourself into trouble!" Botan said brightly. "There's been some strange energy signatures appearing, and you needa be careful! You too, BHS," she added, looking at the girl. BHS grinned sheepishly.

"Fine, fine," she said, "I won't hurt anyone…"

"Good."

"So, you came all the way from Spirit World just to tell me not to get into trouble?" Yusuke asked, a bit irritated.

"More or less, why?" Botan asked. Yusuke sighed, and started walking down the hall, kicking at the floor.

"I never getta have any fun," he muttered.

***

At Kurama's School

"And top marks go to Suichii Minamino," a teacher said. "No surprise there," he muttered under his breath. A black-haired student nearby sighed, and pushed his glasses up on his nose with one finger.

"Beat me again, Minamino," he murmured, looking at the posted test scores. Another teacher clapped him on the shoulder, smiling.

"You almost got him this time," he said. "And besides, you're the second in the whole school. That's something to be proud of."

"There's more to it than just test scores," the boy said, a bit disdainfully. He started walking away, with a muttered "Good day" to teacher. `I will beat you, Suichii,' he thought to himself as he left.

After he left, two girls came up to the aforementioned Suichii, a.k.a. Kurama, who was reading a book.

"Hi," one of them said, giggling. Kurama looked up, and greeted them.

"Hey, nice job on the test!" the other girl said. "Top scores again, but that's nothing for you, is it?"

Kurama just smiled, seeming a bit uncomfortable with the praise. "It's only a test," he said.

"Yeah, but you got top scores out of the whole school!" the first girl, a blonde, said.

"You're too modest, you know that?" the other girl, with bluish-black hair, said.

"I guess I am," Kurama said with a laugh.

"Anyway," the blonde began nervously, "I was wondering if you would, you know, like to maybe get a snack with us? In celebration of your great score?"

"I would, but I really must finish this reading. It's for an assignment, and I confess I've rather been putting it off…Actually, I completely forgot!" Kurama said, smiling sheepishly. The girls laughed.

"Well, okay then," the blue-black-haired one said.

"We'll be going now," the blonde put in. Kurama's eyes narrowed, though neither girl saw it.

"Who is that, at the door?" he asked. The girls looked, and Kurama's hand shot out, snatching a bug-thing on the blonde's shoulder. The girls turned back as Kurama crushed the parasite in his hand, blinking.

"No one was there," the blonde said. "You were just joking, right?"

"Sorry, I must be seeing things…" Kurama said apologetically. The girls laughed again, and turned to leave.

Over her shoulder, the blue-black-haired girl called, "Good luck on that assignment!"

Kurama nodded, and thanked her, then went back to his reading until he was sure the girls had left. Then he looked at the smear on his hand that had been the bug, and, as he was about to look for something to wipe his hand off with, the bug-smear disappeared. He blinked, and stared at his hand a little bit longer.

"That's not good," he murmured.

***

At Yusuke's School

"Hey, who are they?" Kuwabara asked, pointing at three boys standing at the gates to Yusuke's school. One was the black-haired boy from earlier, and the other two were strangers. One had blonde hair and was wearing grey with a white shirt underneath, and the taller one had grey hair that stuck up weirdly and was also wearing grey, without the white shirt. Both were taller than the black-haired boy.

"Your average every-day thugs looking for trouble," BHS answered, her eyes narrowed.

"Hello," the black-haired boy said. He looked at Yusuke. "So, you're the infamous Yusuke Urameshi."

"Yeah, I'm him," Yusuke said.

"I heard that your team won something called `The Dark Tournament'," the boy said. "I heard that that's quite an accomplishment.

BHS's eyes narrowed even more, sharp pain reflected in the brown depths. "Maybe not your every-day average thugs," she said. "How do you know about that?" She shifted slightly, moving putting her feet further apart to center her balance, and moving her hands into a more offensive position. She purposefully left herself open for attack, and her eyes held an unspoken challenge.

In short, everything about her invited the boys to attack.

"Girl, we don't want anything with you," the tallest boy said, "we're just here for him." He pointed at Yusuke as he said this.

"You should leave before you get hurt," the black-haired boy said. BHS laughed.

"You don't know me, do you?" she asked. "You should be more afraid of me than of him."

"Oh?" the blonde boy quirked an eyebrow at that. "Then, we'll fight you too."

"That sounds nice," Yusuke said.

"Yusuke, BHS," Botan began, but they were already walking away with the boys. Kuwabara sighed.

"That's Yusuke for you…" he muttered.

"I guess you really can't expect anything else of BHS, either," Botan sighed.

"Nope," Kuwabara said.

***

In A Field

"So, all three of you gonna fight us, or what?" Yusuke asked.

"Just me," the blonde boy said.

"Yusuke, you wanna put your bag down?" BHS asked. Yusuke nodded, and threw the bag, which Puu was tied to, aside. *Did I forget to say that Puu was tied to his bag? Hehheh, whoops…^_^0*

"You're gonna fight both of us?" Yusuke asked.

"I'll not use my hands then," BHS said.

"Hey, I don't wanna fight a girl," the boy said.

"Tough luck," the girl said. "I'm a fighter, same as him."

"Just start already, Kiido," the black-haired boy said. "If she wants to get hurt, it's her problem."

"Awright then," the blonde boy, Kiido, said. He closed his eyes, and an aura of power radiated outward from him. For a moment, everything was red, and then it returned to normal. BHS's eyes narrowed, and she looked around. Kiido ran at Yusuke, drawing his fist back as he did so. Yusuke stood there, ready to retaliate.

"Yusuke!" BHS yelled. "Get out of the way!" Yusuke blinked at her, and then jumped to the side. Kiido stumbled to the side, near BHS, and the girl swung her foot up and caught him under the chin, snapping his head up and back, and flipping him over.

He got to his feet, and looked at the girl, his hand going to where she'd kicked him, feeling the bruise that was already forming. "Nice," he said. Yusuke ran forwards, and hit him in the stomach, knocking him back. BHS ran past him, and kicked Kiido in the small of his back, knocking him flat.

"She's good," the tallest boy said.

"Didn't I say I was a fighter?" BHS asked. She looked at the two, standing next to the fallen Kiido. "Just because I'm a girl doesn't mean I can't fight."

"You never shoulda looked away!" Kiido yelled, his fist flying towards her. Without ever looking at him, she went into a crouch and kicked his feet out from under him with a sweep from her leg, and then she flipped back onto her hands and kicked him in the chest, her foot connecting with a thud, speeding him towards the ground and making him skid before he stopped.

She jumped to her feet, and looked at him as he groaned and tried to get up. "You never shoulda talked," she said. "It gave you away."

"So, how's it feel?" the tallest boy asked.

"Ow…I think she broke something. As for Yusuke, his punches don't hurt that much…" Kiido answered, staggering to his feet. BHS shook her head, and ran at him, dodging to the side at the last second. Yusuke was revealed, about to hit Kiido in the face. Kiido shrank back, and then stepped on Yusuke's shadow, which caused Yusuke to stop.

"What the heck-!" Yusuke yelled. "I can't move!"

"Audios, Yusuke!" BHS called. She sprinted off.

"Where are you going?!!" the Spirit Detective yelled.

"I'm going to get Botan!" BHS yelled back, and then she was gone. Yusuke looked at the three, who closed in on him.

"This isn't good," he muttered, cursing BHS under his breath.

***

At Yusuke's School

"Hey! Botan!" BHS panted, running into the gates of Yusuke's school to lean against the gate, panting for breath.

"Where's Yusuke?" Botan asked.

"Those guys we fought…They aren't normal at all," BHS said. "One guy did this weird thing, and after a little he stepped on Yusuke's shadow and made it so Yusuke couldn't move, and then I left to come get you," she explained.

"Why didn't you just beat their heads in?!" Kuwabara asked. He knew what BHS could do. He'd seen her take on Toguro, single-handedly, and she'd managed to keep even with him for almost twenty minutes, until Kiiyra had joined the fray. But that's another story…

"Well, I thought you should know, and I didn't want to hurt them! I hate crippling civilians," BHS said.

"Sad thing is, she doesn't know how that sounds," Botan muttered under her breath. To the others, she said, "Well, let's go save Yusuke."

"Again…" Kuwabara muttered.

And so off they set, to once more save Yusuke's bacon.

***

In The Field

"This is ominous," BHS said, picking up Yusuke's bag. "Hey, what's this?" she asked, picking up a piece of paper on the ground. After a moment of studying it, she gave a frustrated sigh and said, "Botan, Kuwabara, could you help me here? I can't read Japanese…"

Botan got there first, and grabbed the note. Looking at it, she gasped.

"What is it?" BHS and Kuwabara asked in unison.

"Yusuke's been kidnapped!"

***

Drof: Hahhah!! Cliffie! I am evil, plus I've hit the fifteen page mark, like, almost a page ago…

Karasu: *sarcastically* Whoop…

Drof: Sixteen page mark! And that was sarcasm, wasn't it?

Karasu: *sarcastically* Noo…*normally* but that was.

Drof: Hahhah, very funny.

BHS: That's mine! Thief!!

Ford: -_-0 I'm surrounded…

BHS: Oh! Just so you know…

If time is an illusion,

And lunchtime doubly so,

Is breakfast reality?

Read, Share, Enjoy, and Review!!