Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Punk Rock Princess ❯ Chapter 7 - The Final Battle at Maze Castle ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~Hiei's POV~
"I can't hold onto you and fight, so since you can't fight you're going to need to hold onto me." I stated letting go of Ree's legs. Her legs instantly wrapped themselves around my waist.
"Ok." She said holding on to me tighter. I pulled out my sword and jumped into the air the brought my sword down cutting a few of the cultivated humans. Kurama, Kuwabara, and I continued to fight.
~Your POV~
You had a really bad feeling. You somehow knew something bad was happening to Yusuke and couldn't help but worry. But you said nothing. You didn't want to worry Hiei, Kurama, and Kuwabara more then they already were.
"We need to get to Urameshi." Kuwabara said fighting.
"Yes, I have a strong feeling he needs our help." Kurama agreed. Hiei was growling.
"I hope you guys are behind me!" Kuwabara said forcing his way to the stairs door. We all did fallow. But before we could reach the stairs door we were stopped by the cultivated humans.
~Yusuke's POV~
I was able to block five out of six of Suzaku's Prism Storm of Torments. But just one hurt like hell and I fell to the ground. I could hear the seven Suzaku's coming towards me.
"Generally I'd applaud your ability to dodge five out of my six attacks, but I only need one hit so I could finish you and take care of your friends." Suzaku said coming up to me and stopping at my feet. The other six Suzaku's did the same. "While you die, don't be sad. Ever since you entered my castle you've been living on borrowed time." He continued while starting to walk towards the door that led to where my friends were. I laughed and began to sit up.
"That shows...You don't know me very well." I said making Suzaku turn around. I was able to get to my feet. "My whole life has been borrowed time." I explained panting. Suzaku had an angry look on his face as he walked up to me. "Now, give me the stupid whistle." I said angrily while panting.
"Get down." Suzaku said sternly while punching me in the face. I fell to the ground from the force of the impact. "Is it possible you care that much for this girl?" he asked angrily. "Then I'll just have to stay and watch her die." He said walking over to his chair and sitting down.
"She's going to die. She's going to die." Some bird thing named Murugu said in a song-like tone.
"Pick him up." Suzaku told the six other Suzakus. They did as they were told and brought me to where I was in front of Suzaku and able to see the TV. "Can't you drop these human feelings, Yusuke? I will make you the king of demons if you promise to eat Keiko's heart." Suzaku explained.
"Go...To hell." I rasped out angrily.
"I don't like that answer." He said to me angrily.
~Your POV~
Hiei, Kurama, and Kuwabara continued to fight the cultivated humans. Kuwabara looked tired. If you didn't know better then you'd say that he was going to pass out right then and there.
"We'll never get up there." Kuwabara said looking towards the watched tower. Then he made his sprit sword and started running towards one of the windows. "Hold on Urameshi, I'm coming!" he yelled making his sword get longer and using it as a pole volt to get through the window. Unfortunately he hit the wall just below the window. You looked at Hiei and Kurama. Their faces clearly said 'what-an-idiot' on them.
"Kuwabara, what are you doing?" Kurama asked.
"We've made a path to the entrance." Hiei began, pointing to the stairway opening directly below Kuwabara with his sword. "Quit fooling around!" he finished as Kurama and Hiei ran in. I was still on Hiei's back.
 

 
You were heading up the stairs getting step by step closer to Yusuke. Kurama was in front, Kuwabara was in the middle, and you and Hiei in the back.
"Hiei, you can put me down. I can tell that I'm slowing you down." You said so only Hiei could hear. As you all continued to go up the stairs Hiei glanced back at you from the corner of his eye.
"I can't and I won't. You can't walk let alone fight. And as long as you hold onto me tight enough so that I don't have to hold you or worry about you falling, I can fight." Hiei explained calmly so only you could hear.
"But -"
"But nothing. I can still fight. Kurama can't carry you, and if Kuwabara did then he couldn't concentrate on the fight. So I'm the only one who can. It's not like you heavy." He continued. You could see his face turn a light red.
"Hiei." You said quietly.
We continued up the stairs until we were stopped by more of the cultivated humans.
"They never end." Kuwabara complained.
"Lets...Not waist more time." Hiei said. Kurama nodded in agreement then began to fight. Hiei and Kuwabara did the same.
~Hiei's POV~
Kurama, Kuwabara, and I began to fight more of the cultivated humans. I could feel Ree hold onto me tighter when I began to fight.
~Yusuke's POV~
I was screaming in pain, Keiko and Boton were dead, and Suzaku was killing me.
"Your friends are drawing closer. I will have to speed up your torturing to deal with them." Suzaku stated. I looked at the TV. Hiei was carrying Ree on his back while fight cultivated humans. Kurama and Kuwabara were fighting with him as well. It seemed like every time they defeated some of the cultivated humans more came. But slowly they were making it up the stairs. A tear ran down my face as I screamed.
After a while my voice began to fade and my eyes began to dowel. My screams of pain came to a stop.
"Hello moron. You can't give up like this." I heard Genkai say in my head.
'But...Keiko.' I mentally said sadly.
"Oh, give the girl some credit. She's not dead." Genkai explained. My dowel eyes filled with life as they widened. I lifted my head to see the TV. Keiko and Boton were fighting.
"Damn it!" I heard Suzaku yell angrily. A small smile appeared on my face as Keiko and Boton ran out of the room. "Must I do everything myself?" Suzaku asked upon seeing that Keiko and Boton were alive. "That girl will die no matter how long I have to wait." He continued angrily. I began to laugh making Suzaku turn around. "You. You think this is funny?" he asked angrily. "Let me teach you some manners. It's rude for the dying to laugh!" he said hitting me with his energy. I began to scream in pain again.
"Don't you remember one speck of your training?" Genkai asked me.
'Get out of my head you old bitch.' I mentally yelled. 'I can't think right now.'
"That's your whole problem, you idiot. Remember!" I heard he yell. Everything that Genkai taught me came rushing back suddenly.
~Hiei's POV~
I heard Ree gasp as we fought.
'She must have felt that strong sprit energy.' I thought continuing to fight.
"Yusuke." She said worriedly.
We all continued to fight making our way slowly up the stairs.
"This blows. By the time we get threw all these weirdoes we'll be too tired to help Urameshi." Kuwabara explained.
"Tired hands are better then none." Kurama stated as he fought.
"Do what you like. I'm not stopping." I stated getting a nod from Kurama as we continued to fight. We quickly made it through the last of cultivated humans.
"Okay guys, I'm coming! Don't leave!" I heard Kuwabara yell as he ran after us.
~Yusuke's POV~
Suzaku just stepped on my hand as I reached for the whistle. I had killed his other six Suzakus with my shot gun. Now I was out of spirit energy.
"Thanks for stalling him, Murugu." Suzaku stated. Murugu laughed nervously. "Of course he effects to scare you away were all lies." He continued as he looked down at me. "If he could still use his spirit gun then he would have already destroyed the whistle." He explained looking at the whistle.
"Of course." Murugu said with a nervous laugh.
"Your final attack; it was very impressive, but I'm afraid it will not accomplish what you wish. It wasn't strong enough to kill me, and that will prove fatal for you." Suzaku explained rubbing the bottom of his shoe against the top of my hand then kicking me in the side so he could pick up the whistle. "All your precious energy wasted on me." He said. I laughed as I pushed myself up.
"Give me a break." I began as I finally got to my feet. "Go look in a mirror; you're just as injured as I am." I said getting a laugh from Suzaku. "What?" I asked confused.
"You don't understand the depts. Of my power do you?" he asked putting his hand up.
"Hey, that's their spirit energy." I said watching as Suzaku took the other six Suzakus spirit energies. "He's using the spirit energy of the other six Suzakus to heal himself." I stated to no one in particular. Suzaku laughed.
"Let me ask you a question. If you take the lives of your other selves to save yourself is it murder?" Suzaku asked.
"Freak." I said.
"Now, don't get emotional. I'll bring them back if they mean so much." He said creating six more Suzakus.
~Kurama's POV~
I heard thunder again as we headed up the stairs. We had defeated all of the cultivated humans.
"The biggest lightning eruption by far. Suzaku is getting desperate." I explained.
"The attack will surely kill one of them." Hiei stated.
"Don't say that!" Kuwabara yelled running up the stairs. We quickly fallowed. We didn't make it far before we heard thunder again. This time it shook the building making parts of the stairs break.
"The stairs." I stated.
"Now what are we going to do?" Kuwabara asked. Hiei watched as parts of the room around us began to crumble.
"Hiei, you have an idea am I right?" Ree asked. Hiei nodded and looked towards the next part of the stairs that we had to get to. "Put me down. It'll be easier for you." She explained. Hiei hesitated but did put her down on the stairs against the wall. Hiei then stood back up and threw his sword into the rock of the next part of the stairs to go up. I quickly caught on to what Hiei was doing and made my rose whip. I wrapped the whip around Hiei's sword.
"Needless to say; hold on tight." I explained as Ree was getting back onto Hiei's back.
~Yusuke's POV~
Suzaku was making his next attack. I heard Keiko call my name. I looked towards the TV to see what was happening. Keiko was holding an unconscious Boton in her arms. One of the infected humans lifted up his hand ready to stab her with the scissors he held. Something in me snapped. The person dropped the scissors. Keiko screamed my name again. My eyes became a whitish blue - the same color as my spirit energy. I was able to stand up. My sprit energy was surrounding me. Wait, no, it wasn't spirit energy; it was life energy.
~Suzaku's POV~
"What's this? Where's his energy coming from?" I asked as I stopped my attack and watched as Yusuke's life energy went through the roof. It wasn't possible for a human to be this strong. "His life. He's using life energy, from his body." I continued to think out loud. "He's actually willing to sacrifice his life for her?" I asked turning towards the TV screen. "What will he profit from that?" I questioned trying to understand. I turned to face Yusuke again. He charged at me, ready to punch me. "What? Such power." I started to make my attack. "Prism Storm of Torment!" I said letting the arrow go. The other six Suzaku's did the same. Yusuke was able to block them all with his life energy.
"Shot gun!" Yusuke yelled as his attack hit all of us at once.
~Your POV~
Kurama, Hiei, Kuwabara, and yourself came into the room to see Yusuke using his life energy to kill the seven Suzakus with his shot gun blast. We all stopped and watched unable to do anything else.
"Urameshi!" Kuwabara called as Suzaku and Yusuke fell to the ground. The whistle was broken.
"I was wrong about you again, Yusuke. It wasn't because you weren't human that I lost. I lost because you were." Suzaku stated sitting up. "Feelings are your power. To shay human at last I understand." Suzaku said falling to the ground dead. Yusuke smiled then closed his eyes. You felt his life almost completely fade. Your eyes went wide and you began to shake.
~Hiei's POV~
I felt Yusuke's life energy almost completely vanish. Ree began to shake. Then she suddenly jumped off my back and ran in front of us looking at Yusuke. Her eyes were wide. Tears were forming.
"Yusuke!" she screamed running towards him. Five tears fell from her eyes as she ran, each of them turning into small crystal clear stones. Kurama and Kuwabara ran after her. I picked up the small stones and put them in my pocket before running over to where Ree lay across Yusuke's chest. She was crying tears that could not be seen. Kuwabara was standing behind Ree looking down at Yusuke. Kurama was kneeling in front of Ree also looking at Yusuke. I stood at his feet.
"Urameshi...Lets go home." Kuwabara said obviously not wanting to believe that Yusuke was dying.
"I'm sorry. He's expanded all of his body energy." Kurama explained sadly. "His heart is stopping."
"Then I'll give him some of my own." Kuwabara said, but before he could Ree was already giving Yusuke hers.
"You can't die, Yusuke. We've already talked about this." Ree said. Her voice calm and caring yet filled with sadness. Ree gave Yusuke a small smile before passing out. Kurama reached over and checked hers and Yusuke's pulses.
"Yusuke heart is quickening. As for Ree's..." Kurama trailed off.
"Here's what I don't understand. Why would he bother saving her if he died in the process?" I asked looking towards Kurama.
"Truest me, Hiei. There are reasons." Kurama answered.
"Maybe for a person whose lived there." I answered walking over to Ree and picking her up. Kuwabara picked up Yusuke. "But I'd never do it. The challenge is enough without taking someone else's slack."
 

 
~Yusuke's POV~
I woke up to have a bright light shinning in my face. I looked around to see where I was and saw Kuwabara and Kurama next to the bed I was laying in. Kuwabara was sitting in a chair and Kurama was standing next to him.
"About time you woke up." Kuwabara said.
"Where am I?" I asked.
"You're in my room, which - by the way - is back on earth." Kuwabara answered.
"You've been sleeping for three days straight." Kurama stated as I sat up.
"Three days? It feels like I've been out for a while." I explained.
"School looks like a war zone and classes got cancelled for a week. I talked to your mom too, so you don't have to worry about that." Kuwabara explained.
"Okay and what about Keiko?" I asked. Kuwabara got a sad look and looked away. Kurama did the same thing. "What about Keiko and Boton?" I asked a little more loudly this time. They still didn't answer. "What?" I asked worriedly. "What? Hey, you better do more then clenching your teeth!" I finally yelled running up and grabbing the front of Kuwabara's shirt. "What happened to her?" I yelled again. The bed room door suddenly opened.
"I'd recognize that yell anywhere." Boton said walking into the room. "What's up, Yusuke?" she asked as Keiko fallowed in behind her.
"Boton. Keiko." I said shocked. I let go of Kuwabara and he started laughing.
"Oh my God, that was so great." He said trying to keep from laughing anymore. I glared at him.
"I'm sorry, Yusuke. He insisted." Kurama said chuckling. By now Kuwabara had bursted out laughing.
"Oh man, you really shoulda seen the look on your face!" he laughed. I glared then went to punch him but he ran out the bedroom door and down the hall.
"Come here you jerk, I'll show you a look!" I called chasing after him.