Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Purple Makai ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Warnings and Disclaimer: I don't own YYH and I don't make money off of this.
 
Not much in the way of warnings. Poison, too short, Hiei being a little too happy to fight his best friend… enjoy!
 
Purple Makai (Book Three of the Makai Plants Series)
 
“Hiei. You just might get a chance to fight Yoko Kurama after all.”
 
“She wouldn't…”
 
“She did. The purple makai.”
 
“How much? How long?”
 
“It smells like she used the whole damn plant. 5 minutes maximum. Could last a week.”
 
Yusuke looked back and forth at his two demon friends, trying to follow the conversation. Kurama was looking at the small, red-headed yoko in front of him while talking to Hiei, a small fire demon with black spiky hair. The little yoko was grinning at Kurama, proud of the little scratch she'd been able to make on the taller red-head's cheek.
 
“What the Hell are you two talking about?!” Yusuke yelled.
 
“Kurama is about to become our enemy, moron.” Hiei stated sarcastically.
 
“How…”
 
“This…clever yoko poisoned her blade with purple makai juice” Kurama said quietly, sweat starting to bead on his forehead. “In a few minutes I will probably transform into Yoko Kurama and begin attacking everyone indiscriminantly and mercilessly.”
 
“Probably?”
 
“Or I'll die. It IS rather toxic” Kurama stated emotionlessly.
 
“Don't you have an antidote or something?” Yusuke asked desperately.
 
“The antidote?!” * sigh * `Humans…' Hiei thought. “It is a very rare plant kept secret and hidden. Even Yoko Kurama…”
 
“No. I was able to steal some once or twice.” Kurama said, chuckling.
 
“Really.” Hiei said, impressed.
 
Kurama chuckled again, then stiffened. “It's starting…” he said with a trembling voice.
 
Hiei pulled out his katana.
 
“You can't really be planning on fighting him!” Yusuke exclaimed.
 
“Unless you want to sit here and let him kill us or you want to kill him now, then yes.”
 
“But…”
 
Hiei sighed again. “I'm not going to kill him, but I won't allow him to kill me either.”
 
“But…”
 
“It will wear off in a week. Quicker if he's wounded.” Hiei flicked his eyes towards Yusuke. “Go back to human world and get some rest. Come back in a few days, ready to fight. I'll keep him busy for a while.”
 
Yusuke nodded slowly and walked away.
 
“This should be interesting” Hiei said, grinning. He watched his best friend change slowly, obviously resisting it. The red locks bled to silver and he grew taller. Sad green eyes turned to him, then faded to a cold golden color. Yoko Kurama smiled, tail twitching as he gazed at the small fire demon.
 
“I agree,” he rumbled, “interesting indeed.”
 
Owari?
 
Author's Note: Again, I had this typed and figured I should just post it already and see if anyone likes it. I'm sorry it's so short. It was just an idea I had like…months and months ago. Review if you liked it. Maybe I'll get ideas and continue it.