Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Reaperance ❯ The Search Begins ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I don't have to put a disclaimer on every chapter, do I?

~I wouldn't think so~

*well you're the one asking.*

~Well I'm answering my question so there.~

*Forgive me if I don't agree*

~Go jump in a well~

*Make me.*

~*push*~

*im gonna kick your sorry butt when I get back…*

The Search Begins

Botan: I wasn't counting on Kurama being a target. I suppose we can't just leave him but Koenma gave strickt orders to find and detain Karasu above all else. What are we supposed to do now?

Yusuke: Easy. We find Karasu. Chanses are Kurama's somewhere near him and if we find one we find the other.

Hiei: You assume Kurama's with him. You don't even have any proof of that, detective. For all we know he's back home by now.

Yusuke: Call it a hunch.

Hiei slumped and sighed.

Hiei: Well you three have fun searching. The only reason I stuck around was to tell you I'm not going to help you this time.

Botan: What? Why not?! Karasu's alive and could have one of your friends captured!

Hiei: What makes you think I care?

Kuwabara: You little ingrate! I bet Kurama's saved your life once or twice and Karasu's your enemy as much as ours. He'll kill us and you and you're not even going to lift a finger to help?!

Hiei: You get smarter every time we meet.

Kuwabara: Why you little louse!

Botan: You can't just turn you back on us like this! What if we need you?!

Hiei: Yusuke defeted Toguro, didn't he? I'm sure Karasu will have enough to deal with without me. Who knows-I might even lend a hand for him. It would certainly even out the playing field.

Kuwabara: You wouldn't!

Yusuke: Stop it. If Hiei's made his choice there's not much we can do to change his mind. Though I ought to punch your lights out for abandoning us and Kurama and for suggesting you help out a member of the Toguro's team.

Hiei: Former member. Toguro's dead and Karasu hated him. I bet he's looking for a new team. Wonder if he's taking aplications for members.

Kuwabara: You filthy little bottom feeder-

Hiei jumped up and ran away from the group. He seemed to laugh at the last thing he said.

--Coward!

Botan: Save your breath, Kuwabara. It seems Hiei's made his choice.

Yusuke: If he doesn't care enough to join with Karasu than let him. He'll be just another face to punch in to get this case wrapped up.

Botan: I suppose you're right.

Kuwabara: And I have dibs on that, Urameshi.

Yusuke: Fine.

Botan got out her case of assorted spirit detective items and called Koenma. She informed him of the situation and he gave her instructions of where and how to search for Karasu, speaking little of Kurama's dissapearance other than a sinscere `too bad'. Since reserfacing from the stadium Karasu had been spotted making his way to their city.

Koenma: He had managed to stay under our radar up until he came to the city's outskirts where he killed a human in order to steal a ride to the city. This put him on my radar. So far he's been seen towards the east end of town. I estimate he's been there for three days.

Yusuke: Kurama lives in the east end ot the city. Koenma, where was he seen last?

Koenma: Hmmm. I believe it was right by Moon Street. There are many places there he could hide, Yusuke. It won't be so easy for you to spot him.

Yusuke: Right. We'll start there, then.

The three hopped a bus and rode to Moon Street. Once there they were surrounded by a café, a bookstore, a pet shop, the Tokyo Tower, various clothing shops, banks, office buildings, sky scrapers, a subway, a couple restaurants and two hotels.

Yusuke: Great. So where do we start?

Botan: The precise spotting was at the bookstore.

Yusuke: That's a block away. Let's go.

Kuwabara: Where from there?
Yusuke: Don't know. Just follow the stench of death.

Kuwabara: That's not funny.

The three ran a block up Moon Street and to the bookstore. From there they found a character who claimed to have seen the man they described heading west a ways. They followed the man's instructions and went towards one of the sky scrapers which stood across from the Hitagochi Hotel. Meanwhile Karasu watched them running about like little ants. He laughed at their cluelessness. They had been right under him when they went to the book store and they had not even known.

Karasu: Your friends are here. However they are far from descovering us.

Kurama: Is that so. Is that why I sense anxiety and, dare I say, a bit of fear in your voice? I can see it in your eyes as well, Karasu. You know it's only a matter of time now. They're closer than you think.

Kurama smiled and that took Karasu's smile off his own face. Perhaps he was getting concerned. He wouldn't show it. Nor would he allow himself to be taken by surprise by the detective and his small band of helpers. He left the room.

After a half hour of searching the group retreated to the café.

Kuwabara: We've been on this hunt for an hour and not one stinking clue.

Yusuke: Yeah. Damn it! Why couldn't he be more sloppy than this? Absolutely no clues.

Botan: He's smart, Yusuke. If he wanted to be found he'd left one by now.

Yusuke got a thought and punched himself in the head.

Kuwabara: You okay, man?

Yusuke: No! We've wasted an entire hour looking for the wrong thing! We should't be looking for where he is we need to look for where he's been.

Kuwabara: I thought that's what we were doing.

Yusuke: Come on.

Botan and Kuwabara wanted to question his lead but shut up as they rode the bus to the suburban part of the city. Once there Yusuke led them to Kurama's house. His mother was out so they went up a tree that sat just outside Kurama's window. This is where they got their first real clue.

Yusuke: Look. On the window.

Botan: It looks like scortch marks.

Yusuke: Made by a demon who generates explosives, perhaps?

This inquiry led to a call to Koenma.

Koenma: This doesn't mean anything.

Yusuke: Oh, think about it Diapers! Kurama's been missing all day and Karasu's been sighted in town. Now there are scortch marks that indicate a little explosive was set off here. Can't you do the math yourself or do I have to spell it out for you?

Koenma: I get it, alright?! Sheesh. Okay, with this new development I declair Kurama officially abducted.

Botan: It's about time…

Koenma: The plan doesn't change, though, Yusuke. Karasu is still the prime target in your search. Find him and you'll most certainly find Kurama.

Yusuke: I could'a told you that. Infact I think I did.

Yusuke got an `I-told-you-so' tone and look. But this was no time for gloating. Kurama was in serious trouble. The team went back to the Bookstore and sought clues. They found what they were looking for. In the ally behind the bookstore they found a rose pettal.

*yawn* that's all for now. I'm hungry. BYE and have a nice whatever time it is! ^,^