Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Riazen's Story ❯ Blooming Death ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 20
Blooming Death
I DON'T OWN YYH
 
 
Time seemed to slow down, almost stop completely. Only the pounding of Youko's heart made noise as William raised his sword way above his own head and aimed for Youko. Youko remembered that day when he and Kuronue when to the Demon Bandit Campout and befriended Lila and Leslie. The Bounty Hunters shot him and Lila saved him when nobody else would. He had never been able to repay her, she had always been too careful to get in a death situation; she always walked around like a fawn or a swan. Always checking to see if the path was safe before gracefully walking it. At first all he wanted was to pay his debt and be rid of her, but as time went on he fell in love with her.
Kuronue, he had always been a nice guy. He was the best thief Youko had ever raided with. He always had timed to crack a good joke, and be serious.
Leslie, she was the sweetest person he had ever met, she always had time to talk, and understand…
Maybe if he died that day he would have saved them all grief, they would have moved on and never have came here, so they would still be alive. When he was little he spent every night in the cellar of his house, praying somebody would come for him. But it never happened, he realized he had to make it happen himself. He never looked back at his childhood until now, the way his family beat him, made his life hell; he always prayed he'd survive, but now, he was praying for his death. Life is funny that way isn't it? Death is funny too. It always did have the last laugh. And it always will. Youko's head throbbed and his blood boiled. But he was no joke to laugh at. Lila wanted him to live, so be it. [lol, can it get anymore confusing?]
With a surge of energy he rolled out of the way and Williams sword hit the ground instead of his head. With the last of his energy he sent the Death Plant at William. William was soon entangled in lively green vines. He struggled and was able to free one arm, he ripped at the plants. Another vine shot up and pierced his skin and began to suck blood. Only tiny drops began to flow into the plant.
“Ha! My endurance is in my blood as well! It will take your pathetic daisies years to get all of it!” Just as he finished saying that the plant caught fire. But instead of the plant burning, the flames only powered it up.
“What?! You can't control fire!” screamed William. Youko was equally surprised until he heard a soft voice next to him say,
“Yes, but I can.”
He turned to see Lila next to him; she was dressed in the same clothes, as before, her scarlet hair was dotted with snowflakes. She had her hand held out and fire shooting from it, smothering the plant in light blue flames. He saw she was very pale and as equally transparent.
“Yeah,” came a voice from behind him. He turned to see Kuronue followed by Leslie, both their skin tones matching Lila's. “You mess with one of us you mess with all of us.” They both let their energy flow into it as well. The Death Plant kicked into action, draining gallons of Williams' blood every second. William fell to his knees, sucking in a hissing breath.
“Scum,” he muttered before falling flat on his face and sinking into the ground. Youko looked over at Lila to find her, Kuronue and Leslie gone…