Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Rose Dreams ❯ Betrayed, yet found new friends ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title: Rose Dreams (Its got nothing to do with the fic, I just thought it was nice)
Authoress: Sakura
Prologue

Kagome continuously stared when she arrived in a clearing, she could not believe the scene she had come across. Right before her eyes, she saw them. She saw Inuyasha kissing Kikyo. Her heart shattered into millions of pieces at the sight. Kagome did the only thing she could think of, she ran. She ran off and as soon as she knew she was far away enough not to be heard began to scream. "Stupid, backstabbing, arrogant, deluded, cruel, ungrateful, egotistical, bastard Hanyou!" she shouted. She suddenly smiled, an unhappy smile. She broke down in sobs and just sat there against an oak tree crying.

She suddenly heard a noise. "Who's there?!" she demanded picking up her bow and knotching an arrow ready to fire it. Three ugly looking demons stepped out of the shadows. "Hand over the Shikon no Tama girl!" one hissed at her. "Give it up easy and we might not be so hard on you" added another one. The last one was silent. He was ugly yet smart enough to feel her aura growing stronger and stronger. Kagome frowned and released her arrow, hitting the first demon directly in the heart making it disentigrate. She quickly knotched a second arrow and shot the second demon. Hitting him in the chest, the arrow pushed him back against a tree. Kagome knotched two more arrows and pinned the demon to the tree as it disentigrated. She turned to face the third demon and found he had run away.

Kagome again heard a noise. "Come out!" she hissed at the person. She was takled to the ground by a small bundle of fur coming at her. "Oka-san, I saw him. Please don't leave and go without me." begged Shippo as he hugged her around the neck violently. Kagome hugged him back. "Don't worry, I needed to get my things first anyway before leaving." she explained. "plus there's no way I'd leave you here to be killed by that monster." she added as an after thought. Shippo smiled and released her. He took out a paper bag and handed it to her. "I thought you'd be hungry oka-san." he said. "Arigato Shippo." Kagome told him as she began to eat the oden in the bag.

A group of demons watched from the bushes. "She's strong, but she seems no more than a human, how can she be that kit's father?" one asked. "She's his adopted mother Fox." said another. "Well what now?" asked the third one. "We find out who she was reffering to earlier with all those insults. She was speaking of a hanyou, its a shame, someone as strong as her hangging around a disgrace such as a hanyou." the first one said. The other two nodded.

The three became silent as five arrows came flying towards them. They dodged but one of them was hit in his left shoulder. "Kuronue!" Youko yelled as he jumped in front of Kuronue. "Petals of Protection!" he summoned a barrier of yellow rose petals. He began to heal Kuronue. Hiei the last one of the three appeared behind Kagome with a sword at her throat. "Who are you?!" Kagome demanded. "I am Hiei." was all that he said. Youko and Kuronue walked out of the bushes. "That's Youko Kurama and Kuronue." Hiei told the ningen. "Nice shot." Kuronue complimented while pointing to his shoulder. "Sorry about that. Why were you watching me? What do you want?" Kagome asked. "Well we were passing by and noticed all the screaming and decided to check it out. We were going to stop those demons who were trying to get something from you but then noticed you were going to fight them so we let it be and watched. You're a very good archer. By the way what's your name?" Youko said as he motioned for Hiei to sheate his katana. "I'm Kagome and that," Kagome began while pointing to the curled up Shippo in her lap. "that is Shippo." she finished. "Hey kit you can drop the barrier, we mean no harm to your mother." Youko stated noticing the blue aura surrounding Shippo and Kagome. Shippo emidiately dropped the barrier. He knew from instinct that when foxes said they meant no harm they meant it.

Youko, Hiei and Kuronue asked Kagome and Shippo a ton of questions, while Kagome and Shippo asked them questions in return. They found out about each other and what each of them did. "Interesting ningen, what do you intend to do about the jewel?" Hiei asked. "Well I don't have anything to wish for, so I'm just protecting it." Kagome replied. "Well if you don't intend to stick with that hanyou you were speaking of earlier, you can come with us." Youko told Kagome after a few minutes of silence. "Arigato Youko-kun." Kagome said. Shippo was curled up in Youko's lap asleep.
Prologue
Review.