Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Ruler of Makai ❯ Planning Time ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Planning Time
 
<I hope you enjoyed the first chapter! If you have any ideas feel free to tell me. I probably could use some.>
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
At Raizen's Palace….
 
“WE'RE WHAT?!” shouted an outraged Yusuke.
 
“Detective, I believe our hearing is still functional. So if you can lower your voice we would prefer to keep our hearing till we get old,” stated Hiei.
 
“He's quite right Yusuke. Has Raizen not told you of the introduction ceremony that shall be held in his palace? I would have thought that you would have known all of Makai custom by now,” replied a calm Kurama.
 
“IF I KNEW ABOUT IT DO YOU THINK I WOULD BE HERE YELLING AND ASKING QUESTIONS?! DAMN IT!” Yusuke fumed.
 
“What is that ridiculous noise? I swear that the Heavens could have heard it. What's this racket about boy?” Raizen questioned as he glared at Yusuke. Raizen was just walking through the door from his studies to investigate the commotion.
 
By now Yomi and Mukuro had arrived at the scene and both of them looked a little more than upset with his shouting.
 
“Honestly Yusuke has Raizen not imposed any kind of manners or behavior on you? It's very unbecoming for an heir to do rash things,” said Yomi in an annoyed tone. “Why of all people, did Yusuke have to become an heir?” thought Yomi, “He has no knowledge of whatsoever and is extremely loud.”
 
“Yomi that's your opinion not everybody share your taste in elegance. It's actually quite boring to me if you do nothing, but talk about such small matters,” stated Mukuro who couldn't stand one bit of Yomi's attitude. She would have liked to have fought him in the tournament, but it never quite came down to that.
 
While they were arguing amongst themselves Yusuke, Kurama, and Hiei would have liked nothing more than to escape to the human world. This was surprising on Hiei's part. Yusuke looked at the other two and started to walk to the door. Hiei saw this and asked Yusuke telepathically.
 
“Where exactly are you going Detective?” asked Hiei.
 
“Oh, um I'm just going for a walk outside, Hiei, nothing special,” Yusuke said as he gave a nervous laugh.
 
“I agree it would do us all good to get out of here before things get out of hand and we get put in charge of the ceremony,” Kurama added in with a sigh.
 
The three of them turned around and saw that the kings where still at it and things weren't looking so good so they decided that now would be a good time to leave.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
In a forest just outside of the desert…
 
“Man, I can't believe they're still at it. I mean they can't even stand staying under the same roof. How are they going to plan a party?” asked Yusuke. To be honest he was glad to have been able to get out. He didn't want to deal with the three kings' anger. Hell, dealing with one was already enough for him.
 
“Be grateful Yusuke, that they have agreed to a treaty or else we would be fighting each other,” Kurama said.
 
“AAAWWWW, you didn't want to fight your friends Shuichi?” Youko asked with a fake sincerity in his voice. “Not now Youko I don't want to have a discussion with you at the moment,” Kurama replied with a sigh. “Fine see if I'll give you advice anymore,” Youko said.As he receded back into his subconscious.
 
“My question is what shall we be doing at the ceremony? I for one am not planning to stay for a ridiculous reason, and I'm pretty sure everyone in Makai already knows who we are,” smirked Hiei thinking about how their name ever got oh so famous.
 
“I don't give a fuck about the ceremony. Hell, I'm sure Raizen wouldn't even care if I didn't show up. I wonder what everyone on the other side doing right now. Knowing Kuwabara and Keiko their probably studying for the entrance exam,” Yusuke thought out loud. “Kurama weren't you planning to go to college? How are you going to do that with being a king?” Yusuke asked.
 
“I'm still planning to attend. It's not like I'm going to assume the throne right after the ceremony. I'm also sure it would be in all of our best interest to attend the ceremony,” stated Kurama.
 
“Kurama don't you think it has gotten awfully quiet since we have arrived at this forest?” asked Hiei as he scanned the surrounding. As Hiei was searching the trees he couldn't shake the feeling that someone or something was watching them.
 
“You're right it has gotten too quiet for my liking,” Kurama cautiously replied as his eyes shifted around. Since Kurama was a kitsune he most intertwined with nature out of the three so he naturally knew when something was wrong.
 
“What are you talking about I don't see anything wrong,” Yusuke replied with confusion written all over his face. He looked at the other two and just shrugged his shoulders.
 
Just then they saw something speeding towards them from across the desert and it was coming fast. The three took up their fighting stance and got ready for a fight. As it got closer Yusuke finally recognize the aura. It was Hokishen at this Yusuke relaxed.
 
“Hey, guys it's just Hokishen,” Yusuke said.
 
“And who might that be Detective?” Hiei asked
 
“He is my old man's head general you could say. Hokishen is pretty cool although he could loosen up a bit,” Yusuke said as he gave a light chuckle.
 
At this point Hokishen had just reached them. He stopped in front of them and bowed.
 
“My lords the kings would like an audience with you now. It would be best if you return immediately,” Hokishen said quickly.
 
“Alright than let's not keep the royal pain-in-the-asses waiting any longer,” Yusuke replied with a smirk.
 
At that they all left running toward the castle.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Still in the forest after they left…
 
“Hmm, Hiei and Kurama are still in tuned as ever. Still Yusuke needs a bit more of training don't you agree Vixen?” asked Shadow who was sitting on the highest tree branch that was right on top of where Yusuke, Hiei, and Kurama was standing.
 
“Yes, it seems that Raizen's training isn't kicking in for him yet,” replied Vixen who was standing right next to Shadow. “I'll send Kitsune into the castle to see what the plans are, and Phoenix will scout the castle's perimeter to see how we shall get in,” she stated.
 
“So what are we going to do now that we have scanned their power level? Does that mean we get some time alone Vixen?” he asked as he stood up and tried to put his arm around her, but she stopped him and said with a sigh, “Unless you want to end up looking disfigured at our entrance I would suggest you stop while you are ahead Shadow.”
 
“Hey you know I was kidding I already have Mist. Now why would I mess with you?” Shadow replied with his hands in the air trying to look innocent.
 
“Because you're a player and not scared if I tell Mist that you're constantly hitting on me,” Vixen said with a glint in her eyes while looking at Shadow who paled considerablely.
 
“Okay, Okay you win. Um, you don't have to tell her you know. And uh, besides we have to report back to Hunter,” replied Shadow as he quickly ran to the direction of their layer.
 
Vixen smiled and followed him thinking how easy it was to fool him. “He's just too scared of his girlfriend,” Vixen thought and she pitied him she knew how Mist was when Shadow got out of line. She could imagine it now Mist running after Shadow with her weapon and trying to beat some sense into him. At that Vixen couldn't stop laughing.
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
With Kitsune and Phoenix…
 
“Phoenix are you done scouting the perimeter?” asked Kitsune at their meeting point which was a couple of miles from the castle.
 
“Yeah, from what I saw and heard it's going to be packed with high ranking demons as guests and guards. The security won't be that hard to breach if we go Shadow's way like Vixen planned,” replied Phoenix who looked like he was more than ready to go. “What did you hear within the meeting Kitsune?” asked Phoenix.
 
“They were mostly arguing. I swear how they ever manage to agree on anything is beyond me. The basic plan on their side is introduction, eating, some kind of entertainment, and then everyone leaves. However the kings and their heir shall be staying in Raizen's palace for about a month,” Kitsune told Phoenix.
 
“Well that should be a sufficient amount of information let's head back to the lair and tell Hunter and the rest,” Phoenix said. Then both of them sprinted to the lair, which even to the S class demons eye was nothing but a blur.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
At Hunter's layer…
 
The group met up with each other along the way and arrived at the lair within 5 minutes. At the entrance of the cave they saw two cloaked females.
 
“Long time no see Vixen. How kind of you to invite us to the party,” replied the tallest out of the two women as she smiled to Vixen and Shadow. Shadow looked rather nervous to as why she was here so quickly. The woman wore a sea-gray-colored cloak, that just barely opens up to show some skin tight clothing that shows off her curves in all the right places. (Code name Mist)
 
“Yes, frankly it has been to long mistress. I'm glad to see that you're fairing very well,” said the second of the two as she bowed towards Vixen. She wore a looser looking outfit under her cloak which was the color of violet. (Code name Violet)
 
“It's a pleasure to see you two again, too. I'm sure you know what's going on right now so let's go see Hunter to proceed with the plan shall we?” asked Vixen as she started to walk.
 
Kitsune walked beside Vixen, Phoenix was walking with Violet, and Mist managed to latch her arm with Shadow. As they walked deeper into the lair Mist spoke up to ask a question.
 
“Hey Vixen, Shadow hasn't been causing you any trouble has he?” she wondered.
 
At this Shadow stiffened and had gotten extremely nervous, while the other three started to laugh.
 
“No, Mist he has been quite the gentlemen and has behaved himself. You can rest assure,” Vixen replied between giggles.
 
“Oh, that's good to hear. If he does anything just let me know and I'll be sure to take care of it,” Mist said with a strange sparkle in her eyes.
 
At that Shadow let out a pent up sigh of relief that he didn't know he was holding.
 
They walked a little further till they reached a room that was lit up by candle light. In the middle there sat Hunter reading a couple of scrolls. He looked up at them and smiled when they had entered his study room.
 
“My lord we have come with a full report,” Vixen stated.
 
“Very good I should like to hear it. Where shall we begin? Kitsune we shall start with you,” Hunter said as he looked where Kitsune stood.
 
“Well, the kings shall be having the ceremony…..”
 
<I didn't want to get into that I rather have it as a surprise when the time came. :P>
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
At Raizen's Palace…
 
“So the party shall go along that schedule. Then there is nothing else than to let the servants take care of setting it up,” Raizen said.
 
“Yes, I perfectly agree. Then we have about a week of leisure time on our hands?” Yomi asked.
 
“Yes that is about right. Speaking of leisure Yomi may I take leave to visit the human world?,” asked Kurama.
 
“Yeah, old man, can I go to? I got some business to finish. Hey, also can I bring a couple of friend to the ceremony to?,” asked Yusuke.
 
“I suppose you can take leave, but who are these friends you wish to invite boy?” asked Raizen.
 
“Oh, you know some friends to throw a part with, break stuff, etc.,” Yusuke replied with a smirk.
 
“I think I would like Hiei to accompany you, Yusuke, if that's alright with you. I would like to meet these friends of yours. If they're anything like that tall red headed friend of yours, which we saw at the tournament, then we're bound to have an interesting time,” Mukuro said since she wanted to add in her two cents.
 
“Yeah, sure he can come, Mukuro, the more the merrier. So can we leave now, old man?” Yusuke asked impatiently. He couldn't stand staying a minute longer in such a boring meeting. He wanted out A.S.A.P.
 
“Yes, boy you can go with the others, but you must be back WITHIN A WEEK!” Raizen said with great emphasis.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Near a portal…
 
“Man I didn't know if I could take anymore of it. I'm sure as hell glad to get out of there,” Yusuke said smiling.
 
“Yes, we can all tell Detective,” Hiei replied with a bored tone.
 
“Let's get to the human world fast because in my opinion a week isn't long enough,” Kurama said.
 
“Alright, human world here we come!” Yusuke exclaimed. At that all three speed up to the portal and crossed it to the other side.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
<I hope that was a good enough chapter for all of you guys. See you later.>