Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Ruler of Makai ❯ A Sister's Tear & Hell's Training ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A Sister's Tear & Hell's Training
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
In Yukina's room…
 
The sun had peaked its way into the undisturbed ice maiden's chamber. The rays reflected off Yukina's pale soft skin. The light awakened her eyes as they shyly opened.
 
Yukina's morning routine was always short and simple. She would wake up, make the bed, change into her daily kimono, brush her hair, and leave her room. To her everything was the same, even the fact that she could not find her brother.
 
As she walked down the hall she contemplated the mystery of her elusive brother. “Why can I not find him, or as a matter of fact why is he not trying to find me? Every time I find a clue about his where abouts he is never there. It is almost like he is trying to avoid me, but why? Am I so insignificant or is he ashamed of me? Keiko knows, but she refused to tell me last time I asked. Maybe now she will think I'm ready if I ask again!” Yukina's thoughts came to a halt when she accidentally bumped into something or someone while she was in her train of thought.
 
A light feminine voice was giggling as Yukina lifted up her head to identify the person. It was Keiko laughing with a smile. Yukina face set into a look of relief. She was glad that it was Keiko and some random demon who would have taken it the wrong way.
 
“Yuna, I think you need to watch where you're going or else you're going to run into trouble.” Keiko affectionately said as she put her hand on Yukina's head.
 
Yukina smiled at her sister figure. It's been a while since Keiko had called her that. “I apologize, Keiko. I had a lot of things on my mind.” She replied quietly.
 
“It's alright. Although it would seem that everybody has a lot on their mind lately.” Keiko explained.
 
“Are you planning to go do some training already?” Yukina asked curiously as she and Keiko resumed walking. She noticed that Keiko was wearing the same outfit from yesterday.
 
“Yes, my team and I will be working with the boys a little further today hoping to get them ready for the battle.” Keiko said in all seriousness.
 
Yukina fell into silence at what Keiko said. “Another battle already? Why do we have to keep fighting? There are so many innocent people who get hurt. Is it really worth all of the blood shed?” She thought in despair.
 
By the look on her little sister's face Keiko knew that something was troubling her.
 
“How is your search for your brother coming along?” Keiko asked trying to distract her from her troubling thoughts.
 
“I think you already know how it's going.” Yukina said as she stopped walking. Keiko turned around to look at the young ice apparition. “I wish Hiei would gather up his courage tell her already. He knows that Yukina would never turn him away or be ashamed,” Keiko sighed, “maybe he needs a little more time like me.”
 
“Keiko why will you not tell me?” She asked.
 
Keiko walked over to the younger demon and knelt down on one knee so that they would be at the same level. Keiko grabbed Yukina's cool hand. “Yuna, you need to figure this out for yourself. Have you thought about the possibilities why you can't find him?” Keiko asked.
 
Yukina eyes started to water as she replied, “Yes, I have and all of them have left me in despair. All I can think is that he is ashamed of me! Why does everyone I care about always end up leaving me?!” At that point the young ice maiden had started to cry.
 
Keiko's eyes softened at the sight before her and drew her younger sister into a comforting embrace. The older girl made shushing sounds as she rocked her bundle back and forth. Yukina eventually quieted down into tiny sobs. Keiko picked Yukina bridal style and carried her over to a bench near them. She started to hum a song as she sat down and laid Yukina's head on her lap. During the song the ice maiden calmed down as Keiko stroked her fingers through Yukina's hair.
 
Yusuke and the others were on their way to the training ground until they heard someone humming. They followed the soothing sound only to find Keiko and Yukina with their backs facing them. Hiei was worried about Yukina when he felt her distressed aura, but when he saw her with Keiko he knew she was fine. Kuwabara's face broke out into a grin and was about to advance on the pair, but a glare from Shizuru and Hiei effectively kept him in his place. Kurama smiled at the sight and immediately knew Keiko would be the perfect mother for their children.
 
Keiko sensed that the rest of her friends have already arrived and slowly stopped her humming. Yukina looked up with question in her eyes as Keiko gently held Yukina's face between her hands. “Yukina, do you want to know why your brother hasn't revealed himself?” Keiko inquired.
 
Everybody, besides Kuwabara, noticed Hiei's shoulders stiffen as they awaited her response. “I already know. He hates me! He thinks I'm weak and have no value that's why I cannot find him. I know he is purposely avoiding me!” She quietly replied.
 
The three demon boys heard her clearly, and they were thinking “She doesn't know she hit the bull's eye just now.”
 
“I'll be honest with you Yuna. Your brother is avoiding you, but not because he hates you. He is avoiding you because he cares about you. Have you thought his true feelings? Yuna think about it. Don't you think he would lead a dangerous life having the birth he had?” Keiko asked.
 
Yukina looked at her thoughtfully and nodded her head in agreement. “I think I understand what you are saying now Keiko.”
 
“Good, now be patient. He will come to you when he is ready, and here is a little food. Your brother is closer than you think.” Keiko finished as she stood up and helped Yukina regain her balance.
 
Boton seeing that the conversation was over yelled her greetings to her friends. “Good morning Keiko, Yukina!”
 
The two girls turned around and walked over to the other group. As Keiko walked over to her friends she looked over to Hiei and saw him staring intently at her. He mentally sent her his thanks. “Thank you Keiko…for reassuring my sister.” “No problem, but make sure you tell her soon. Promises or no promises she deserves to know.” Keiko gently scolded.
 
Kurama walked over to his mate-to-be. Keiko stood on her toes and gave him a peck on his cheek and asked, “Are you boys ready for intense training today?”
 
“Oh Yeah! I'm ready to kick some butt! I've been waiting all night for this!” Yusuke declared as they resumed walking.
 
Genkai looked up at her former protégé. “I'm sure dim wit. The rest of the girls and I will be sure to gather some medical supplies when you boys come back.” Genkai put flatly.
 
The guys glared at the old woman, but Shizuru and Boton were snickering. “Oh, you don't need to worry about that Genkai. I'm positive that Violet and I can take care of the medical attention.” Keiko injected.
 
“So does that mean I get special attention my flower?” Kurama asked slyly as he linked his arm around Keiko's.
 
Keiko grinned as she drew invisible circles around her arm and replied, “Hmm, I guess it depends on how badly you need it, Kurama.”
 
Yusuke rolled his eyes and Kuwabara was slightly blushing. “Uhh, can you guys do that somewhere else? It's kind of nerve wrecking.” Kuwabara stuttered.
 
“I agree with orange top here. We wouldn't want your beloved friends to become too distracted now do we?” Shadow asked as he appeared behind the stilled pack along with the rest of his teammates.
 
Boton slightly squeaked and jumped, but Kuwabara fell on his butt at the surprising greeting.
 
“Oh, hi everybody!” Keiko enthusiastically exclaimed. She looked over to her companions, and noticed someone missing. “Did Akimotto already go to the meeting with the other kings?”
 
“Yes Vixen, Hunter instructed us to continue as planned without him. He also told us that he and the other kings will meet with us after supper.” Kitsune informed Keiko.
 
“So what are we waiting for? Let's get this show on the road!” Mist impatiently said with gritted teeth as she implanted her firmly clenched fists on her hips.
 
“How will our training session be arranged Keiko?” Hiei remarked, finally breaking his silence.
 
Keiko thought about it for a while before answering Hiei. “I think it would be best if you boys spar with your original opponents because they already know your weak points and also because it works better that way.” She answered.
 
Kurama and Hiei nodded their heads in agreement. “Alright then, it's a rematch for me.” Yusuke said with a smirk as he cracked his knuckles. Phoenix merely raised an eyebrow at him.
 
“Hey what about me? You said yesterday that there will be someone to work with me.” Kuwabara whined.
 
“Shut your mouth, Kazuma! You're such a baby sometimes. Can't you see she was about to mention it till you butted in!” Shizuru scolded with veins popping out of her head.
 
“Thanks Shizuru. As I was saying, Kuwabara will be training with these to lovely ladies, Mist and Violet.” Keiko said as she waved her hand toward the two female combatants. Mist looked over to the extraordinary human with boredom in her eyes as she crossed her arms over her chest. Violet tilted her head towards him in acknowledgement.
 
“Man, you lucky dog, Kuwabara! You get the hot girls training you. Are you going to show them some of your stuff?” Yusuke asked with a sly look.
 
Yukina looked over to Kuwabara with curiosity in her eyes, while Shizuru just rolled her eyes thinking, “What stuff does he have?!”
 
Kuwabara blushed furiously. “N, n, no of course not! I'm not like you Urameshi! Besides I don't fight girls.” He shouted.
 
“Well, you better get over it. If you don't fight us seriously I can guarantee you that you won't survive your training session.” Mist answered angrily in her voice.
 
“And you better not try to pull any stunts, because if you do then I can assure you that there will be an unpleasant surprise waiting for you.” Phoenix spoke with a certain gleam in his eyes.
 
All of a sudden Yusuke and Kuwabara got a chill out of no where after Phoenix's silent threat.
 
“What will you be doing Keiko?” Kurama asked.
 
“While you guys are training, I'll be moving around to watch each practice session and discuss what you need to work on. And if I see that there is a critical error you need to correct then I'll work with you individually.” She explained to them as if they were her students.
 
“Hmm, maybe we should make an error so we can get some personal attention.” Youko slyly remarked. “Youko, get your head out of the gutter please. We need to take this seriously.” Shuichi reprimanded. “Fine, but when are you actually going to do something about making Vixen ours?” Youko questionedimpatiently. “Patience is a virtue, Youko. Besides we have a battle to prepare for.” The human informed his counterpart once again. “Always putting saving the world first. When are you ever going to do something for us?!” The kitsune spirit firmly questioned. “Soon we will soon. Now let's get back on task, please.” Shuichi said appeasing his demon side, endemgthe conversation.
 
“Why don't you examine Touya and the others also? I do believe they can also use some work since they are mostly lounging around from what I see.” Genkai suggested.
 
“I guess we can ask if they would like to join us. What do you think Mist, Violet? Do you think gals can handle the rest of them?” Keiko asked her female friends.
 
“Sure why not. It gives me a challenge anyway.” Mist said as she stretched her arms behind her back. “I don't mind Vixen. I'm sure I'll have a splendid time instructing them.” Violet answered with a small smile.
 
“Well boys, why don't you go ahead and find individual secluded areas to practice in. I'll catch up with you later once I finish business here.” Keiko told them.
 
“Alright then see you later, Vixen.” Shadow said as he snapped his fingers. Instantly an enormous shadow swallowed the demons and they vanished before anyone could say anything.
 
“Mist, Violet, why don't you train Kuwabara around this area as I go look for the other guys?” Keiko asked.
 
“Sure why not, let's go Violet. You to.” Mist said as she walked off about a few feet from where Keiko and the rest of the girls were. Violet slightly bowed before she left and Kuwabara waved hysterically at Yukina with a big smile.
 
“Will you mind if we accompany you in finding the others?” Yukina asked.
 
“No of course not, perhaps we can catch up as we walk.” Keiko said with a smile.
 
It wasn't hard to find the six fighters, considering that Keiko merely had to locate their aura in the castle and follow it. As they walked, they talked about where Keiko had gone after she left.
 
“So Keiko, where have you been since you left the human world?” Shizuru asked as she pulled out a cigarette.
 
“Well, after I left I went to watch the boys train and evaluate their power stasus in demon world.” She replied.
 
“You couldn't have been doing that the whole time, Keiko. Surely it would have gotten quite tiresome to do that day in and day out?” Yukina inquired.
 
“Oh no, I wasn't watching them the whole time. The rest of the girls and I had to work on the performance we did last night. So whenever I had to do that or work on other missions like gathering information on Shin, I would ask one of the guys to keep an eye on them.” Keiko explained.
 
“Keiko, I must compliment on the dance yesterday night! It was spectacular! Do you think you can teach me some time?” Boton excitedly asked.
 
“I don't see why not. We can ask Violet and Mist to see if they also would like to join.” She answered with a smile.
 
“So Keiko what's up with the gig between you and Kurama? I know you guys are now a couple, but anything else with that.” Shizuru asked as she blew out some smoke.
 
“Yeah? You guys didn't do anything right?” Boton asked with a sly look.
 
Yukina smiled, but Keiko rolled her eyes. “No, we didn't do anything, Boton,” stressing anything, “and no Shizuru we haven't been doing much, besides we just got together. What do you expect?” Keiko asked with stress lacing her voice.
 
“Sorry to cut into your chatting, but Keiko can you give us anymore information on Shin? I can tell already that he is going to be troublesome, but what else is he? What kind of demon is Shin?” Genkai asked seriously.
 
That question dampened the girls' entire mood drastically. Yukina was worried about the others and her sister getting hurt in the fight, but Shizuru and Boton looked further and they were worried that if the others didn't get stronger soon, it was a possibility they could die.
 
“In all honesty even I don't know what kind of demon he is. My guess would be that he is some kind of creature of the dark. Most of his powers deal with black magic and such.” Keiko informed Genkai as she thought about it.
 
Before Genkai could ask anymore questions they had arrived at their destination. The girls stopped at a pair of enormous doors that obviously opened to the dojo from what Keiko and Genkai could tell.
 
“Well, Keiko I guess we'll leave you so you can go do your job. Just don't be to rough on them.” Genkai said as she walked off.
 
Boton and Shizuru said their farewells as they followed Genkai. “Keiko, call me and Genkai if you need anything ok?” Yukina asked.
 
“Sure, but I think the boys and the rest of us can take care of ourselves.” Keiko replied with a cheerful smile.
 
“That's good to hear. Well, I'll see you later then, Keiko.” Yukina said as she bowed and walked off.
 
Keiko faced the door and concentrated on the auras from within the dojo. From all of the active energy swirling in the room, it was easy to conclude that they were doing some of their own training in there. Keiko silently opened the door and slipped through the crack.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Within the dojo…
 
Just as silently as she had slipped in, Keiko shut the door without making a sound. Keiko leaned against the door and crossed her arms over her chest. She withdrew her energy so they wouldn't notice her and watched them intently blow-from-blow. As they sparred she analyzed their capability and how she should train them. Keiko was fairly impressed on how Kurama was able to train them to their current level in six weeks.
 
The pairs of training were Jin vs. Touya, Suzuka vs. Shishiwakumaru, and Chu vs. Rinku. They were doing exceptionally well with their speed and strength. Every blow the combatants did were blocked in perfect timing and such.
 
After about 20 minutes of watching them, Keiko saw that they were stopping for a break. All of them were somewhat sweaty and also a little tired. “They must be training because of the embarrassment from two nights ago.” Keiko thought with a smirk. She decided to make her presence known and started walking towards them while revealing her aura.
 
“This was quite a practice run.” Touya said as he wiped the sweat from his forehead.
 
“I agree, though it is worth it if we want to get even with those girls.” Rinku put in.
 
Chu laughed and said, “I didn't mind getting beat, as long as I lost to a pretty gal like that.”
 
“Speak for yourself Chu.” Shishiwakumaru replied with anger in his voice. Suzuka nodded his head in agreement.
 
“I don't think me and Touya ever had a chance at beating that Keiko girl. I mean she packed a wallop! I betcha she was only playing with us too.” Jin said as he shivered at the remembrance of the bone shattering blows.
 
“Jin is right. From what I could see how she was fighting against the demon that tried to attack us, we didn't stand a chance.” Touya also said.
 
The six fighters stiffened their shoulders when they suddenly felt an aura appear in the room. They turned around only to see it was Keiko walking towards them.
 
“You're right you wouldn't survive against my full strength, but if you accept the training I'm offering then you can achieve a higher level.” Keiko informed them.
 
“And why would you be offering us this chance?” Shishi asked with disbelief in his eyes.
 
“I wouldn't have offered it to you if it wasn't for Genkai. So you should thank her. She saw that you guys were bored and had nothing to do, and she asked me to include all of you in the training session today.” Keiko replied.
 
“So does that mean I can train with Urameshi?” Jin asked with excitement and Chu felt the same way.
 
“Not exactly, you guys will be training with Kuwabara and the other two ladies that were with me last time. The heirs have their own individual sparring partners at the moment.” Keiko explained.
 
“What will you do if we don't agree?” Rinku asked out of curiosity.
 
“Oh, I have my ways of persuasion,” Keiko with a certain gleam in her eyes and for some reason the room mysteriously became so cold that even Touya felt it, “but I honestly could careless if you come.”
 
The guys were kind of scared at what she could do, but decided to go train since they had nothing better to do. “We accept.” They said in unison.
 
“Good, then follow me, please.” Keiko said with a smile as she clapped her hands together and led them out.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Walking to the training field…
 
The boys walked a little ahead of Keiko as she instructed them where to go. All of them, but Touya and Keiko were discussing about how they were going to get even with Mist and Violet, especially with Mist for Shishi and Suzuka. Keiko scoffed at their pathetic ideas, but remained uninventive. She noticed that Touya was looking intently at her through the corners of his eyes and decided to speak up.
 
“Is there something on my face or do you have something you wish to talk to me about, Touya?” Keiko asked without looking at him as she slowed her pace so that they wouldn't attract too much attention from the others.
 
Touya blinked in minor surprise and sighed. “What part do you mean when you said you trained our master the other night?” The ice shinobi asked cutting to the chase.
 
“I meant exactly what I said. What part to you not understand, or is your mind failing you already?” Keiko smirked as she replied while baiting him.
 
Touya growled at her insult and shot back in a low gruff voice, “You know what I'm asking! So answer it!”
 
Jin slightly turned his head at the sudden rise in Touya's mood, but remained on the sidelines to see what would happen.
 
“My, my such a temper, Touya. Maybe I should answer your oh-so-important question then.” Keiko said with grin.
 
Touya continued to glare at her as he waited for her response. Jin was surprised that someone could get under his companion's skin so easily. From what Jin could remember Touya was always the cool headed one of the bunch despite him being an ice apparition.
 
“I'll keep it simple for you. Your master and I met in an accidentally encounter while I was on a business mission. Lets just say he happened to be in my way as a shinobi, lets just say. So I had to take care of him.” Keiko ended.
 
“And how so? Obviously, he was alive to train Jin and me.” Touya asked, hinting for her to continue.
 
“I defeated him in a battle, and basically left him for dead considering he was hired to kill me. When I returned to the same spot he was fighting to keep alive so I took pity on him and healed him. He, being ashamed for losing to me, he tried to kill himself, but I luckily stopped him from doing any real. I knew what a life of an assassin was like and decided to make a deal. It was a stupid deal, but worked non-the-less.” Keiko said as she momentarily stopped to recollect the forgotten memories.
 
“What might the deal be, Keiko?” Jin asked as glided to the other unoccupied side of Keiko.
 
She looked over to him and focused her gaze back to the group in front of her. “The deal was I would train him to be stronger if doesn't kill himself. Being the type of demon he, was he agreed to the simple deal. So for about a hundred years afterward he trained with me.”
 
By the time she finished her story they had arrived at the field where the girls were training Kuwabara. The boys saw that the sword wielder was already breathing and sweating hard, but Violet, his opponent, was just looking down at him wondering if she was going to be hard on him. Mist was off to the side under a tree looking over the two of them.
 
“Hey Mist, I got more targets for you!” Keiko shouted out jokingly.
 
“Targets?! I thought you said we were here to training!” Rinku exclaimed.
 
Suzuka shook his head at Rinku's gullible nature, “She's only kidding, Rinku.”
 
Mist and Violet walked over to greet her and the others while Kuwabara dropped onto his back in the meadow to catch his breath.
 
“So are all of them the new additions? If they are I hope they're ready to work up a whole lot of sweat.” Mist said excitedly as she rubbed her hands together.
 
A single thought was running through the six warriors' head, “What did we get ourselves into?”
 
Keiko laughed and answered back mentally, “Don't worry too much about it. I'm sure you guys will do fine.”
 
The guys looked over to her with shock written on their face, but Keiko just winked at them.
 
“Well, you guys have fun, and I'll be back in a couple of hours to check on you guys after I'm done checking up with the other three. Don't be too rough with them you two.” Keiko informed them and disappeared.
 
The guys looked over to Mist and Violet, and saw a very disturbing gleam in their eyes.
 
Jin uttered one thing that explained what everyone felt, “Uh oh.”
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Training with the other boys…
 
The shadow that enveloped the six demons reappeared in the middle of a gigantic forest about ten miles away from Raizen's strong hold.
 
“That was a hell of a transportation, Shadow. I take it that's how you sneak around?” Yusuke asked.
 
“You have no I idea what I can do Yusuke.” Shadow said flatly.
 
“Where shall we begin?” Phoenix asked to no one in particular.
 
“We have two choices. We can all work individually as Keiko suggested, or would rather team versus team to make it more interesting.” Kitsune suggested.
 
“I like Kitsune's idea. I think that the this mission will need more of a team effort than anything.” Kurama said in agreement.
 
“Humph, I don't really care. As long as I get to take you down!” Hiei said as said as he unsheathed his sword and pointed it at Shadow.
 
“My, my aren't we the impatient one. If you want to lose why didn't you just say so?” Shadow shot back with a smirk.
 
“Oh boy, I think by the end of this, one of them are going to be in critical care or even dead.” Yusuke said as a sweat dropped. Kurama sighed in at Yusuke's comment.
“Should we create a barrier of some kind?” Phoenix directed it at Kitsune.
 
Kitsune nodded his head, “Yes, I don't want to destroy the vegetation here. Shadow, create a barrier with a enough room for all of us to train in.”
 
“Yeah, yeah keep your pants on.” Shadow said.
 
Shadow stepped into the middle of the ring of trees and concentrated his energy between the palms of his hand to create small black energy sphere. As he stretched out his arms the sphere grew until he released a tremendous amount of energy that covered the whole forest. Inside the sphere there was very little light, but you could still see the outline of the trees.
 
“Just to let you know, all of you are in my domain now so I'll have a slight advantage. Although, I do believe Hiei will also gain from this because he has the dragon.” Shadow informed the three weaker demons.
 
“What do you mean Hiei will also gain from this.” Yusuke asked.
 
Kitsune and Phoenix looked at him like an idiot. “You're not very observant are you Yusuke?” Phoenix asked.
 
Yusuke fumed at the question, but Kurama decided to answer Yusuke's question before things got to out of hand. “What Shadow meant was that since Hiei's Dragon of the Darkness Flame links it self with negative energy the atmosphere here will increase the strength of his attack.” Kurama put it bluntly.
 
“Yeah, I think I got it now.” Yusuke said as he scratched the back of his head from Kurama's explanation.
 
Kitsune the whole time was analyzing Kurama and thinking about what Keiko said. “What is so special about him? Why does she want to mate with such a weak demon? I'm pretty sure there better and stronger demons than him.” Kitsune thought, but decided to prepare himself for the training session.
 
Kurama had a nagging feeling that someone was staring a whole into his back and turned around to find that Kitsune was the source of the feeling. “What do you think he's thinking about, Shuichi?” Youko asked. “Hmm, I don't know, but didn't they say that he was Keiko's adopted son?” The fox spirit inquired. “You're right; perhaps we should do a little bonding with him so we could get to know him better. What do you say, Youko?” Shuichi asked his counterpart. “You know I'm not particularly fond of bondingwith anyone with the exceptionof you because we share a body and Keiko because she is going to be our future mate.” Youko replied with arrogance in his voice. “Whatever Youko. If you don't get along with him then we are going to have a lot of problems with our relationship with Keiko, and you know how kitsunes tend to act around what they treasure most.” Kurama's human half was right and Youko knewit, but he chose not to dignify the comment with an answer, thus endingthe conversation.
 
“Okay Yusuke, you and your friends go to the other side of the forest and come out with a plan as you conceal yourself, while the three of us here stay here and devise our own plan. We will give you approximately twenty minutes then we will come after you. As you discuss your plan a barrier will be placed around you so we can't hear you, but once the barrier is down then you know your time has ended. You got it?” Phoenix said in all simplicity so Yusuke could understand.
 
“Yeah, I got it, but you better stop talking to me as if I'm a stupid kid.” Yusuke shot back.
 
“That's because you ARE a stupid kid compared to us.” Shadow said off-handedly.
 
“Why you….” Yusuke didn't get to finish the sentence as Kurama and Hiei dragged him away, but Shadow could telling he was still fuming even though Yusuke was now twelve miles away.
 
“Shadow, why must you provoke everyone around you?” Kitsune asked in an exasperated voice.
 
“Because it's more fun that way. Think about it, if I get them angry then they will come after us with vengeance which will make the training all the more enjoyable with these weaklings.” Shadow stated with a triumphantly smirked.
 
“Yes, we know that, but it gets tiring really fast.” Phoenix said as he concentrated to form a barrier around the other demons.
 
“Humph, spoil sports.” Was all Shadow said.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
With Yusuke, Hiei, and Kurama…
 
“Hey! You guys can let me go now. I swear you two are worse than Kuwabara.” Yusuke said as he jerked his arms from their grasps.
 
“I resent that.” Hiei said as he narrowed his eyes at the former spirit detective.
 
Kurama sighed and suddenly stiffened when he felt a barrier surround them.
 
“I guess they aren't wasting any time with us now. What is the first part of the plan, fox?” Hiei asked, cutting to the chase.
 
“Hmm, that would be a tough call.” Kurama answered as he rubbed his chin.
 
“I know! Why don't we just do a flat out frontal assault? It beats playing hide-and-seek the whole time.” Yusuke injected.
 
“Think about it Yusuke, we lack the strength now. Why do you think we are here in the first place. If you like that idea so much we might as well put you in the middle of the forest and place a sign on your forehead that says `Hit Me'.” Hiei shot back at Yusuke as he rolled his eyes.
 
“Hiei is right. They would over power us if we tried to do a full on assault like that. My idea is that since this is Hiei's and Shadow domain and they can pinpoint each other fairly easily, they should engage each other in combat. Yusuke, you shall partner up with Phoenix. Since this is a forest and plants are my specialty I also have an advantage here so bringing down Kitsune might not be too hard.” Kurama informed the other two.
 
“But how should we begin? They obviously can locate us faster, and cover themselves better. We've seen this first hand before.” Hiei stated and Yusuke nodded his head.
 
“That's a good point, Hiei. Shadow will be able to melt into the darkness so my guess would be he would find us first, Phoenix I believe has the ability to fly so he will be scowering the sky, and Kitsune will travel by foot. My suggestion is that we hide in the trees and stay close to each other in case of emergency and try our best to have the element of surprise on our side.” Kurama concluded.
 
As Kurama finished his devising his plan the barrier came down signaling the hunt has begun. The three heirs looked at each other and nodded their heads. They took off in their general direction up into the trees and waited as planned hoping that everything would work in their favor.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Opposing team…
 
“Well, time is up. We all know what to do right?” Phoenix said and the other two looked at him in acknowledgement.
 
At that time Keiko showed. “So has the training begun yet?”
 
“We are starting right now Vixen.” Kitsune informed her.
 
“Very well I shall observe from afar, and boys don't go easy on them.” Keiko said as she disappeared.
 
“You heard the lady. Now lets give her a show she will never forget.” Shadow said with a smirk and cracked his knuckles. And just like Kurama had predicted, Shadow merged with the darkness, Phoenix took to the sky, and Kitsune hunted by foot.
 
The three of them headed for the area where they last felt Yusuke's and the others aura before it vanished.
 
“Hmm, so they concealed their auras, huh? A good beginning move, but not good enough.” Kitsune thought. He concentrated with his animal instinct and found them about five miles from his present area and about two hundred feet in the area, which could only mean they were in trees. Kitsune contacted his comrades through mental link.
 
“Shadow I located them. They are about five from where I am at. Stand in your position and observe them. Phoenix and I will handle them right now. When Hiei tries to pull out his dragon attack feel free to jump in.” Kitsune commanded.
 
“What?! Why do I have to sit back and let you guys have all the fun?” Shadow complained.
 
“Because you get excited too easily and you'll start doing the operation on your own.” Phoenix stated.
 
“So? I can handle it myself.” Shadow said snidely.
 
“Just stay at your post, or else...” Kitsune left the sentence hanging.
 
“Or else what? You can't touch me.” Shadow scoffed.
 
“No, we can't, but Mist would like to know about your behavior dealing with Keiko.” Phoenix said in a teasing voice.
 
“Burgh, you bastards. Fine I'll sit this one out for now, but I'll get even with the two of you!” Shadow replied hotly as he followed the plan.
 
Kitsune spoke with Phoenix mentally for a little while longer explaining his plan. Then he cited off the communication and went into the ring of trees where their opponents were hiding. Phoenix landed in one of the trees a little further from the area so he wouldn't be spotted and waited for the signal from Kitsune indicating for him to move in.
 
“Kitsune is here, but where are the others.” Kurama thought. He looked over to Yusuke and Hiei and motioned with his hands what he planned to do. They agreed, and Kurama waited for the right time to strike.
 
Kitsune walked slowly around the area to make Yusuke and the others believe that he was only surveying the area. All of a sudden tree roots shot up from the ground from under where Kitsune stood. The agile demon dodged it in the nick of time and landed on the other side of the ring. The roots of the trees where now moving freely toward him and behind him vines were shooting out of nowhere to immobilize him. Kitsune pulled out his ragnorak and started to slice through the overgrown vegetation before it could do any damage to him.
 
“Kurama, you got anything else you can do before the other two get here?” Yusuke asked impatiently.
 
“Thy other two are already here I believe, but sitting out to make us believe that Kitsune is alone. They are hoping that we will let our guard down, detective.” Hiei informed Yusuke.
 
Kurama didn't say anything to the two because he was to busy focusing with his attack. As Kurama was striking at his opponent he was also searching for a critical flaw, and after waiting for a while he saw that Kitsune was slowing down. Kurama pulled out several roses from his hair waiting for the right moment to throw them at his unsuspecting victim.
 
As Kitsune was dodging he accidentally slipped and left an opening for an attack on his right leg. At that moment Kurama let loose his roses and sent them towards the distracted demon. Kitsune turned around because of the sound of a flying object. He saw the roses coming for him, but didn't move. He merely raised his left hand into the air as some sort of gesture. At that exact moment a gust of flames spontaneously appeared and consumed the roses before they could come into contact with their target.
 
“So his comrades are here somewhere.” Kurama thought.
 
“Where the hell did that come from?” Yusuke whispered to Kurama and Hiei.
 
“It means the Phoenix is around here some where, but where.” Hiei responded.
 
“Their masking ability is quite admirable. If I do say so myself.” Kurama inputted.
 
While they were distracting themselves Kitsune vanished from their site.
 
“Oh shit! Where did he go?!” Yusuke exclaimed.
 
“Keep your voice down so they don't find us.” Hiei said sternly.
 
“It's too late for that my friends because I already found you!” Phoenix shouted as he threw fire daggers at their hiding space.
 
Yusuke, Kurama, and Hiei jumped down from the trees to dodge the multiple daggers. Phoenix remained hovering in the air watching them like a prey caught in a predator's intense gaze.
 
“This is going to be like fighting Jin all over again, only difference is this guy can take on all of us.” Yusuke said.
 
“Oh he won't be the only one having all of the fun.” A voice said.
 
The three demons on the ground turned to see Kitsune standing in a tree looking down on them with a smirk.
 
At that moment before anyone could say anything Phoenix and Kitsune concentrated their energy into their hands. They each formed their own elemental disks of fire and lightning, and each threw about ten disks at the heirs on the ground. Yusuke and the others moved to dodge, but realized that the attacks had stopped in mid area.
 
“What's going on now?!” Yusuke shouted.
 
“Here are the rules to the game,” Kitsune answered, “basically you guys have to dodge them or end getting seriously injured. These energy blasts won't harm anything else. Their only target is you!”
 
“Oh crap, we are so in for it!” Yusuke said as the energy came flying at them.
 
The three young demons were doing everything in their power to deflect the endless energy disks. Kurama pulled out his rose whip hoping to protect himself as he sliced through the disks, but to his surprise every time he cut through them the disks remained in motion so there are now twice as many as before. Yusuke used his spirit gun to do a collision course thinking that his energy would over come the others, but instead of it going as he planned, Phoenix and Kitsune's energy disks engulfed Yusuke's energy which only served to make the their attack stronger and larger. Hiei really couldn't do anything, but dodge the attacks because the only attack he could really use of the Dragon of Darkness, but if he did that he was sure he would bring out Shadow and he would have to deal with him. So Hiei didn't want that because they are having enough trouble as it was.
 
All through this time Phoenix and Kitsune were discussing among themselves about the other three's strategy. They concluded it was good, but not good enough. To their surprise only about an hour had pasted, but the three heirs seemed to be already slowing down. Now the energy disks were coming into contact with their bodies, and their injuries were severe.
 
“I don't know if I can take anymore of this, you guys.” Yusuke said clutching his bleeding right arm.
 
“I know and this is only a training session.” Kurama replied on his knees.
 
Hiei didn't say anything because he was breathing too hard.
 
“You guys are getting tired all ready? The training has only begun. Now the real fun will start.” Kitsune told them with a gleam in his eyes.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Watching from afar…
 
Keiko sat in a tree as she watched her friends struggle, but didn't intervene. “I'm sorry you guys, but I can't help you this time.” She thought. Now it was up to them whether or not they came out worse for wear.
 
To be continued…