Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Ryuusei no Solitude ❯ Chapter 10

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A friend of mine helped me thought of this story and I'm writing it for her! So if you want to kill me and give me death threats go ahead but I shall continue it nonetheless. I like the story line and the idea, plus I'm a sucker for AUs. So this is my AU and I hope you like it. Even if you don't I'm still continuing it.

Ryuusei no Solitude

By: Koritsune Dragonrider

Rating: PG-13

Warning: A lot of memories in this chapter

Disclaimer: I do not own nothing that is relate to the Yu*Yu Hakusho series.

Summery: Kurama was never shot by the hunter, Yusuke, Kuwabara, Keiko, and Shizuru are demons, and Hiei never left the Koorime Island, because Hiei's a girl! Here is an AU with a lot of twist!

Pairings: Kurama/Hiei Yusuke/Keiko Yukina/Kuwabara

Chapter 10

Kurama groaned as he woke and touched his head as a pounding headache came upon him. It was like a black, riderless horse that was let out of its stall and pounded on the ground that was his brain. He shut his eyes again in hope of relieving it but the pain increased.

"Oh," gasped a voice and Kurama eyes flew open to reveal a teal haired girl with red eyes. "You're awake! Don't move or you'll rip the wound open. I'm afraid my healing powers are not very good."

"Where am I," he asked.

"In a cave I found," said the girl setting down the bowl full if water and wetted a piece of clothe. "I need to se your wound now."

Kurama slowly turned around so the girl could take off the stained bandage and carefully clean the wound. She inspected it and sighed.

"The head of the arrow is still in," she said. "I will use my powers to numb the pain but it will hurt."

"I've had worse," said Kurama. He gripped tightly to the clothe under him and gave a big sigh. "Well, I'm ready."

Kurama heard her rummage around in a bag beside her and pull out a pair of tweezers and felt her move his hair out of the way. He shivered when he felt her place a cold hand between his shoulder blades and his entire back went numb. Suddenly fire laced through his back and he screamed as she tried to dig out the tip of the arrow.

"Don't think about it!" yelled the girl. "Think about something else!"

But Kurama didn't hear her. He had become deaf and blind to the pain till she smacked his head to the ground.

"Think about something else!" she yelled and this time he heard her. Closing his eyes he tried to shut out the pain and thing about something else, anything else, except the fire that laced through his back.

His friends? No, his friends were okay, that he knew. Yusuke and Kuwabara weren't the smartest thieves in the world but with Keiko and Shizuru they're survive. His parents? Che, he hadn't thought about his parents in years. He left Kitsune Valley to get away from them.

Unconsciously he thought about that girl he saw at the tavern. He wandered how she was and if she was still alive. From what he heard that assignment wasn't exactly easy. He would probably hear about her in a month, depending if she was alive or not. He had to admit she was kind of pretty and had a look that reminded him pf, ell, him. Not many people had that effect with his. It was a few minutes later when he felt a tapping on his shoulder, his good one, and looked up to see the girl's smiling face.

"I'm done," she said. "I suggest you sleep now." And Kurama did. He slept for days drifting in and out that suggested he had become infected and he had a fever. When he was awake he saw the girl keeping his wound clean and feeding him. She might have told him her name but he either didn't hear it or didn't remember it. He would hear her sing to him while he was asleep and it made him feel happy. He hadn't felt happy in a long time.

Finally after many days going in and out of consciousness he found Blue Bonnet brushing his hair gently. Since he couldn't remember her name he decided to call her Blue Bonnet for her blue hair.

"Finally awake," she said and he nodded.

"How long was I out," he asked.

"A month," she said putting down the brush and going to a kettle over the fire, "maybe more. I know your kind like things hot so I made you some hot porridge."

"Why did you help me," asked Kurama as she came back with the porridge. "I didn't ask for your help"

"You didn't have to," she said spooning some and tried to feed him but he turned away. "If you don't eat then you'll never get well. Eat!" She shoved the spoon in his mouth and pulled it out, without the food. Kurama looked angrily at her as he chewed and swallowed. It was actually not bad, oats with chopped nuts, dried fruit and berries.

"More," she asked.

"I can feed myself," he growled and reached for the bowl with his good hand but she pulled it away.

"You only have one good arm and I didn't spend all that time healing you for you to get sick again. I'm feeding you."

Kurama growled and let her. He wouldn't tell her but he was grateful to Blue Bonnet for healing him and she seemed like a nice girl. He didn't want to hurt her so he let her have her way.

After she fed him Kurama slept again and woke to Blue Bonnet packing food in his bag.

"You can leave today," she said. "You're healed enough."

"Thank you," he said.

"You don't need to thank me." She handed the pack to him. "Through you could answer a question for me."

"Have you seen a girl by the name of Hiei," she asked. "She's my sister and she's lost."

"How many people have you asked?"

"A lot but no one knows her." The girl looked sad and frightened that she would never find her sister again. Kurama knew how she felt for he too had siblings and worried about them if they couldn't take care of themselves.

"Have you been specific?" asked Kurama. "Did you describe her?"

Blue Bonnet suddenly looked guilty. "No, I guess not. You think I should?"

"It would help."

"She's about my size with black hair and red eyes, her hair has a starburst in the front and she wears all black with a katana at her hip."

Kurama thought back for the description was familiar. Then he remembered the demoness at the tavern and what Mac said. "She's been asking around for a girl with teal hair. Lost sister or something."

"Yeah," he said, "I've seen her. In the last town I was in." he pointed in the direction of the town. She bowed to him and turned to leave. "Wait," he said and she looked back at him as Kurama reached in his hair and pulled out a sprig of blue flowers and handed them to her.

"What are these," she asked.

"Blue bonnets," he said. "Thank you for healing me."

She smiled again and bowed to him once more, which he returned, and ran off toward the town. He shifted his pack to a better position and walked the other direction.

************

Can you guess who the girl is? Just guess! I bet you can't!

Thankies to . . .

FireNeko

Legolas19

FireChibi

Lady Anubis

Mutaku

Shessha's Crazy

HieiWannabe

Hiei's Shadow

Tetsumi