Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Sara, Kurama, and The Tanabata-Matsuri ❯ Tanabata-Matsuri ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho, I only own Sara, and the way this story goes.

Japanese Words:

Kitsune- Fox
Baka- Idiot
Tanabata-Matsuri- Weaving-loom festival
Amanogawa- Milky Way
Koorime- Fire and Ice, or just Ice
Arigato/Domo Arigato- Thank-you, Domo for the studying student or to someone you don’t know.
Kasasagi- Magpie

Sara, Kurama, and The Tanabata-Matsuri:

Kayko Ukimura a girl with short brown hair and brown eyes in school uniform stood with two boys, one was her boyfriend Yusuke Urameshi, he had slicked back black hair and brown eyes and had on a green uniform, and the other was Shuichii Minamino, otherwise known as Kurama. He had long red hair with green eyes, Kurama was the taller of the two, and wearing a magenta uniform.

Yusuke looked at his watch. “Kurama, if Sara isn’t here in ten minutes, we’re heading for the pond without ya.” Yusuke just caught Kurama staring into the crowd. He waved his hand in Kuramas face. “Hello! Earth to Kitsune!” Kurama quickly glared at him. Kayko hit Yusuke in the head.

“You know better then that to call him Kitsune in public Yusuke!” Kayko hissed. Then blinked. “I think I hear Sara.”she smiled.

Kurama then heard her voice sweat dropping. “Move outta the way baka! American coming through . . . oops, sorry ma’am, I didn’t mean to bump into you . . . ”

Yusuke fell over. “Oi Sara! If you gotta act tough, don’t say sorry to the old hags . . . OW!” Kayko hit him in the head.

Kurama then saw a head bobbing through the crowd. “YUSUKE?! KAYKO! KURAMA WHERE ARE YOU?!” Sara had her brown hair tied in a bun, and her bright blue eyes shown, she also had a purple floral kimono on and she carried a backpack.

“Over here!” Kuramas face lightened when he saw her face, after all it has a year since he had last seen her. He told her what day to come and he figured July 7, would be the perfect day for her to come.

“Kurama!” Sara grinned, making her way to him apologizing several times on the way, when she made it she gave him a hug. “I missed you!”

“So did I.” Kurama said as he returned it.

“So what is happening around here today that everyone is celebrating?” Sara asked, she was stuck in America for so long she left like an outcast all over again.

Kurama gave a smile. “I’ll explain to the lake.” He said as they started walking into the park. “It is the Tanabata-Matsuri.”

Sara blinked. “Come again?”

Kurama chuckled, at his friend. “The Weaving-loom Festival. It starts with a couple that live in with the stars over two thousand years ago. Once upon a time, a weaver princess, by the name of Orihime, fell in love with a cow herder prince name Hikoboshi. Orihime wove cloth for the king, since Orihime did such an excellent job at her weaving, the king allowed her to marry Hikoboshi. They were together so much, they neglected their duties. Orihime by forgetting to weave, and Hikoboshi for allowing the cattle to stray away, it got so bad that the king had to separate them by the Amanogowa. They were to meet only once a year, but yet, they couldn’t be together because there was no bridge to go across the Amanogawa River . . . ” Kurama trailed off on purpose. “I’ll tell you the rest later.” He said with a smile taking her hand as they reached the pond.

Yusuke took off his shirt and dove into the pond, he came back up and spitted out some water. “Come on Kayko the water is great!” Yusuke got a glint in his eyes.

Sara wasn’t paying attention to Kayko’s reply. “Ah . . . could you please tell me Kurama!”

Kurama chuckled. “No, later . . . ” He trailed off to find at least a gallon of water fall on Sara.

“YUSUKE!” she yelled glaring at him. Yusuke only grinned and grabbed Kayko’s wrists, and pulled her in.

“Ah! Yusuke!” then the sound of a slap.

Sara smiled, while undoing the sash on her kimono. “Ah how I missed Japan . . . ” she then saw Kurama blush and turn his head away. She shook her head. “I have a T-shirt and shorts underneath.” He only blushed a bit more from embarrassment. Sara put the Kimono in her back pack. She had on a red shirt and black shorts. She then turned to Kurama. “Lets go swimming!”

Kurama sweat dropped. “I didn’t bring extra cloths.”

Yusuke rolled his eyes. “Just take your shirt off.”

“Hm . . . fine, I’ll leave you behind then . . . ” Sara teased as she dived in. Kurama still wouldn’t come in. Sara thought for a moment, she then swam over to Yusuke and Kayko and whispered something and Yusuke shook his head. She shrugged and dove once more.

Kurama looked at Kayko and Yusuke. “What is she planing?” They only shrugged, as Kurama got soaked. He looked down at a smirking Sara. “Hyper much?”

“Only around you and the gang.” Sara grinned. Then she felt pressure on her head as she was dunked underwater. She came back up and took a breath. She looked around and couldn’t find Kurama. She turned to Kayko splashing Yusuke, saying ‘This means war!’ “Where’s Kuram . . . AH!” She exclaimed, going underwater, losing her breath, she saw red as she was pulled back up. “You jerk! You made me worry!”

With that Kurama smiled innocently. “You splashed me.”

“And you dunked me then disappeared!” She yelled back as Yusuke laughed.

“Yep, they sound like a couple.” Yusuke shrugged turning to Kayko, whom gave him a kiss on the cheek.

“They better be, They see each other at least once a year, email as often as they can, and Sara is the one, using her money on the tickets here.” She replied.

“She buys her own tickets?” Yusuke was slightly shocked, then yelled over to Sara. “Sara. How tall are ya?”

Sara paused at trying to dunk Kurama and looked over. “Four feet, and eleven and a half inches why?”

Yusuke smiled. “She’s an inch and a half taller the Hiei. She’s short . . . ”

“Yusuke! That wasn’t a nice thing to say!” Kayko proclaimed, she splashed him.

Sara blinked, letting Kurama go. “Isn’t Hiei the Fire Demon with the spiky hair?”

“Yes he is . . . wait, you didn’t say Koorime . . . ” Kurama thought it was odd for her to do that.

“What is wrong with that?” Sara’s one eyebrow rose.

“Nothing.” He shook his head.

“Kurama you haven’t been telling me a lot lately . . . ” She trailed off as the sun started to set. “Like why you wanted me to come today, the rest of the story, and the Koorime thing . . . ”

Kayko swam over with Yusuke. “It is because, not many girls nowadays celebrate this day or believe in the story. But boys now find it as a nice day to have a date.”

Yusuke grinned. “Brownie Points for us guys.” He stated as they all got out of the pond, Yusuke went through his bag and threw a pair of pants at Kurama and got a pair out for himself. “We’ll get changed over here.”

Sara smiled handing Kayko a kimono, “I’m glad I decided to bring extra cloths incase I stayed a while.”

“Thank-you Sara.” She nodded as the hide behind trees to change.

Five minutes later they all came out. Yusuke was in shock, at Kayko’s appearance, Kayko wore a rose kimono that was blue, brown hair tied up in a bun, the same with Sara, but she wore the purple floral kimono, it had dried from earlier.

Kayko gave a smile from his reaction. Sara grinned at her. “Brownie points.” Yusuke and Kurama laughed. “Kayko you can keep the kimono, I have another at home.”

Kayko smiled once more. “Arigato.”

Sara nodded and went over to Kurama and hooked her arm in his. “Please tell me more of the story!”

Kurama chuckled. “I don’t know . . . ” looking at Yusuke.

Yusuke shrugged, “Just tell her, she’ll keep buggin’ ya until you do. It’s what girls do . . . OW!” Yusuke rubbed his head as Kayko hit him.

Sara shook her head. “Things never change, do they?” she put her head on his arm, since she was short. “You know what? I think I can wait.”

Kurama smiled picking up Sara’s hand and kissing it. “Good to know, trust me. It’ll be worth it.” He starts pulling her along, Sara started laughing.

They went to a bridge that over looked a lake, where Sara saw that lanterns and bamboo leaves in the river. “Wow . . . it’s beautiful . . . ” she trailed off as Kurama stared at her with a smile.

Just then Yusuke’s Communication Mirror went off. He answered it. “Yeah . . . now . . . well, let me take Kayko home first.” Yusuke sighed. “Koenma is sending me on a mission. We got to go.”

Kayko sighed as well. “Sorry, we’ll probably see you tomorrow right Sara?”

Sara nodded. “Yeah, Mrs. Minamino was nice enough to let me stay for a few days.”

“Well bye you two.” Yusuke nodded, taking Kayko by the hand and leaving.

Sara looked at Kurama. “I wish they could have stayed.”

“Really?” Kurama’s eyebrow rose. “Do you want me to tell you the rest of the story now?”

“Yeah.” Sara smiled hooking her arm in his as her head on his arm.

“With no bridge to cross the Amanogawa River, Orihime, and Hikoboshi couldn’t meet. A person by the name of Kasasagi felt bad for her, and said a bridge would be made for her to meet Hikoboshi, and that it would be made by Magpies spreading their wings so she could cross, but if it was a rainy day on the eve of July 7, she would have to wait another year to meet her husband.” Kurama finished.

Sara smiled and looked up at the sky. “It’s a beautiful legend.”

Kurama chuckled. “As beautiful as the girl next to me . . . ” he saw a blush creep upon her face. “You know why I chose this day?”
Sara thought for a second then giggled. “Because you are relating us to it?” She questioned as Kurama nodded. “I would be Orihime, and you would be Hikoboshi, Kasasagi would be your mother, the King would be my dad, and the ocean like the Amanogawa.”

Kurama chortled. “You catch on quick . . . Hey look a Shooting star.” Sara’s head snapped in the direction he looked in seeing the falling star among the still starlit sky. “Did you make a wish?”

“Yeah.” Sara looked back at him.

Kurama smirked. “What was it?” He saw Sara cross her arms.

“I can’t tell you, then it won’t come . . . ” Sara trailed off as Kurama kissed her deeply, they broke off after several seconds.

“Mine just did.” Kurama said looking into her blue eyes, with his green eyes.