Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Secrets Revealed ❯ Yuske ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Yuske entered the deepest part of the forest. It was beautiful and quiet. Instantly, several sqiurrels popped their heads out from a hole in a tree. They jumped out and scurries their way down the tree and to the spirit detective. Yuske kneeled down in front of them. "Hey, Sniffy, Snuffy, Spunky, Swirly, and Snoopy."greeted Yuske taking out a bag of peanuts. Yes, he had named each and every squirrel. He so kindly opened the bag of peanuts and let each sqiurrel take a couple. Then some rabbits crawled out their holes and hopped over to Yuske. They paitently waited their turn and then took some peanuts as well. As they did this they allowed Yuske to pet each one of them. Yuske petted and played with all of the squirrels and rabbits...until all the cute furry animals dashed away when another visitor came to play. The skunk. It slowly made his way up to the spirit detective. It was quite shy for it knew that almost nobody ever wanted him around. But Yuske didnt back away from this cute, little stinker. He treated it like all the rest of the animals. He stroked its back and then allowed it to take its own share of peanuts. There was a rustle in the bushes. The skunk ran away. Kurama came out. He blinked.

"Yuske, what are you doing here?"asked Kurama confused. Yuske sweatdropped.

"Uh....nothing!"he responded. "I can you you the same question! I thought you were planting flowers with Zinnia!"

"I am.......I always plant roses in the forest."explained the fox demon. Just then Zinnia emerged from out the bushes. She saw the spirit detective.

"Hi Yuske!"she said happily. She looked around. "Hey, Yuske, were you just eating? There's a lot of peanut shells on the ground." Yuske began to stammer.

"Well....uh....I.....um...you see....well..."was all he could say until.....a squirrel ran up to him and began squeaking for more peanuts. Kurama and Zinnia stared at the small creature.

"Yuske....do you know this squirrel?"asked Kurama. Yuske rapidly shook his head.

"No!"he screamed. The squirrel crawled up Yuske's leg and made his way up to his shoulder then repeatedly licked his face showing affection.(aww....!)