Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Silent Tears ❯ Waiting ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

SilentTears

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Disclaimer: I only own Kilala

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

This fic was inspired by my brother…Dustin…Thank you Dustin, you always seem to help me find something to write about. Thanx again.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter 1

A girl sat on the shore's edge, lost in thought as she looked out towards the sparkling blue ocean. Her brother sat by her side, his knees pulled up close to his chest.

"Sis…lets go in, mom…well…she…she…isn't coming back" her brother said standing up. The girl stayed put. She didn't want to give up on her mother just yet.

"No!" she scream, tears streamed down her pale cheeks, "Your wrong! Mom is coming back! She promised, remember?" she said, dropping her voice down to a whisper. The boy sat down, and hugged his sister.

"If you are not going then neither am I" he held his sister close. Her knew that their mother was gone…gone forever…

~Flash back~

It was a bright sunny morning, a woman and her 2 children walked out onto the beach. A slight breeze made the cool mist from the ocean blow upon their faces.

"Mommy, when will you be back?" the girl asked.

"Later on tonight…I promise," she said kissing each of her children on the forehead. The kids sat down and waved to their mother as she boarded her boat, and set off to sea, on a fishing trip.

~End of flash back~

She never returned that day like she had promised. Weeks passed, search and rescue teams searched endlessly, but they never found her, nor her boat.

The pair sat quietly. They both had wanted their mother to return, so they both stayed here…on the shore's edge, waiting for their mother to return…as promised.

Night soon came. The beach was darkened, but the full moon cast an eerie light, making everything glow. The younger child, the girl, slept in her brother's arms. He sat quietly awake.

"Mother…please…please come back, Kilala needs you…I need you" he whispered into the night. A single tear rolled down his moonlit cheek. He sat and stared at the ocean throughout the night, occasionally tending to his sister, who would wake up, and tell him about her dreams of their mother coming back, each version more believable than the last.

The morning sun crept out into the dark sky. Kilala woke up and stretched.

"Dustin…your still awake?" she asked half yawning.

"I stayed up all night" he said rubbing his reddened eyes with sandy hands.

"What were you thinking about? Were you thinking about mom again?" she stretched again. The sun highlighted her hair, making it gleam a golden blond. Two silver streaks, which fell loosely in her face, shimmered as she turned her face towards the ocean, her icy blue eyes yet again scanning for their long lost mother. Her face saddened, as she yet again found nothing.

"Hey Kilala…lets go and get some grub" Dustin said, standing up, then brushing all the sand off of his blue jeans.

"Ok, McDonald's sound good?" she too stood up and dusted herself off.

"Sure" he answered, "Come on…" he started to walk off. Kilala gave the ocean one last scan, then ran to catch up with her older brother.

~End of Chapter one~