Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Strange New Case ❯ Michael's Confession ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 9
Michael’s Confession

You thought I was going to give it away again. Ha, ha, that’s because you’re stupid, that’s right, stupid people that have nothing better to do then read this. (Please don’t stop reading this.)

Disclaimer: I don’t own Yu Yu Yakusho (I’m getting tired of writing that)

Hiei woke to the alarming rate of growing spirit energy. Yusuke felt it too and was awake the same time. The both felt it in the next room where Michael was sleeping peacefully. It was probably a demon. They both burst out of the room and entered Michael’s. He was kicking and punching the covers off of his bed. He rolled violently. He started to scream.
“GET AWAY!” He screamed.
The boys had to stop him or else he’s going to hurt himself. Yusuke rushed over and shook him as hard as he could. Michael’s eyes shot open but it wasn’t the happy looking, sliver eyes. His whole eyes were a blood red except the pupil which was a golden yellow. Michael just gazed at Yusuke, trying to breathe. Yusuke was unsure of what to do. What the hell is wrong with Michael? He thought. Hiei wasn’t quite sure what to do either but he did what he thought was right. He smacked the boy on the cheek and Michael blinked. His eyes returned to his normal color. He shook violently and started coughing up sliver blood.
“Are you okay?” Yusuke asked when he was done coughing. Michael gazed that the boys.
“Please don’t tell anybody.” Michael begged. “Especially Arwen.”
“Too late.” Arwen appeared at the door. “Why didn’t you tell me?”
“I didn’t want you to worry. I have it under control.” Michael assured. “It wouldn’t matter anyway. You wouldn’t be able to do anything.” He snapped.
“Would somebody explain what’s going on?” Yusuke demanded. Nobody said anything. Suddenly the door burst open and Justin came running in with his sword. He was only wearing his boxers. Arwen covered her eyes.
“What’s going on?!” Justin demanded.
“Took you long enough.” Hiei muttered.
“I have a hard time getting up.”
“Why are you in your boxers?” Yusuke asked.
“It annoys me to sleep in my clothes.”
“For the sake of the females in the room, put some pants on.” Arwen demanded. Justin cursed and left the room to dress. He returned with his shirt and pants on.
“So what happened?” Justin asked.
“Michael had a dream.” Arwen answered.
“Oh.” Justin said with a slight tremble in his voice.
“It was just a dream. It doesn’t mean anything.” Michael insisted.
“Who are you trying to convince? Us or you.” Justin remarked.
“I’m pretty sure I’m trying to convince you guys.” Michael insisted. “Listen, I’m fine, so you guys leave and let me get back to sleep.” He insisted, trying to push the boys out of his room.
“If you’re fine, then explain this.” Yusuke pointed to the small pool of blood on the bed.
“Oh my gosh, where did that come from?” Michael pretended to be surprised. Nobody believed him. “He, um, yeah, uh...crap.”
“Go back to sleep, Michael. We’re leaving tomorrow.” Arwen commanded. “This includes the rest of you.” Yusuke and Justin scrambled out of the room.
“Tell me, Michael, before I go, where did you get that amulet?” Hiei asked.
“It’s a family heirloom from my grandmother.” Michael answered. Hiei left the room but Arwen didn’t.
“Are you going to bed?” Michael asked her. She sat on his bed.
“No, I want to make sure you’re okay.” Arwen remarked. Michael curled up with the covers and placed his head on her lap. She stroked his hair.
“I love you.” Michael said.
“I love you too.” Arwen echoed.
“What can you tell me about Michael’s amulet?” Hiei asked Justin as Justin tried to sleep.
“How the hell should I know? He wears it around his neck. That’s all I know.”
Hiei was getting aggravated with little information he had. He needed more if he was going to protect this boy. Why did Indrid sent him on this mission. Why does he need to know why demons are after this fairy thing? Indrid is psychic, why can’t he just see into the future. Michael didn’t have any special power but that amulet seems to hold all of his spirit energy. He eventually fell asleep.
Michael couldn’t sleep after his dream. Why couldn’t the demons leave him alone? He slowly got up to clear his head. Arwen was fast asleep in the chair. He crept towards a dresser with a pitcher of water was held. A mirror was above it. He splashed himself with water. He glanced at himself in the mirror trying to figure everything out. The refection in the mirror changed into a pale version of Michael with golden eyes and blood red pupils. Michael froze with fear.
“Leave me alone.” Michael ordered his refection.
“That’s not very nice. I’m only trying to help you. I saved Arwen didn’t I?” The refection reminded.
“Before you tried killing everyone else.”
“They were going to die eventually; I just sped up the process.”
“You murderer.” Michael snarled.
“I’m hurt. I’m just the messager of death, and so are you, Michael.” The refection smirked. Michael shook his head.
“No, it was you. It was all you.” Michael remarked with a quiver in his voice.
“No, you killed them all with your own hands. It was all you.” The refection insisted.
“No, it wasn’t me.”
“You’re calling me a murderer when you also did the crime.”
“Shut up.” Michael ordered.
“Don’t try to deny it. You know it and I know it.”
“SHUT UP!”
Michael took his fist and crashed it into the mirror, shattering it to a million pieces. His hand was bleeding but he didn’t care. Tears were running down his cheeks. Was he truly a murdered? Arwen was awaken by the mirror breaking and went to comfort him. She rapped her arms around his shoulder.
“I’m not a murderer.” Michael insisted.
“Don’t listen to him. He’s just trying to scare you. Stay brave.” Arwen insisted. Michael turned and cried in her arms until he fell asleep.
Yusuke felt something poking him in the cheek.
“Wake up, Yusuke.” A voice commanded. It was Michael, grinning silly. Yusuke rolled over, knocking Michael to the floor. Michael got back up on the top bunk and continued poking him.
“Wake up.” Michael demanded.
“Go wake up Justin.” Yusuke grumbled. Michael jumped down from the top bunk. Justin was hugging his pillow and drooling all over it.
“Wake up.” Michael demanded. Justin smacked him in the face, not realizing it. “Come on.” Justin continued drooling. Michael pulled Justin’s covers off.
“Go wake up Yusuke.” Justin muttered.
“He told me to wake up you.”
“Then wake up Hiei.” Michael went over to Hiei where he laid motionless, straight as a board.
“Wake up Hiei.” Michael commanded. Hiei didn’t even move. “Come on.” He still didn’t move. Michael had to take drastic measures. He lifted Hiei’s eyelid.
“Time to wake up.” Michael ordered. Hiei’s eyes shot open and glared at him.
“Do you mind?”
“Nope.” Michael grinned. Hiei sighed and got up. Michael hopped over to Yusuke and pushed him off the top bunk. He woke up. For Justin, Michael screamed in his ear.
“Is Arwen awake?” Justin asked.
“Nope.”
“You woke us up and you didn’t even wake her up.”
“She looks so peaceful and I didn’t want to disturb her.” Michael remarked. The boys glared at him.
Arwen entered the room and Michael was getting the stuffing kicked out of him.
“What are you doing?” Arwen demanded. The boys looked around sheepishly.
“He woke us up.”
“So you decide to beat him up a helpless little boy. You should be ashamed of yourselves.” Arwen disciplined.
“Yeah.” Michael agreed.
“Come on, we got to hurry up and get out of this place.” Arwen remarked.
“You don’t want to stay?” A voice behind Arwen remarked. She swirled around and faced Lili.
“No, we just want to find our friend, that’s all.” Arwen lied.
“You want to leave without having breakfast?” Lili asked. The mention of food perked up Yusuke and Justin.
“Of course we’re staying for breakfast. We wouldn’t dream of leaving without breakfast.” Justin remarked. They followed Lili to the dinning room and ate pixie food which wasn’t half bad despite the absent of meat. After their meal, they headed for the exit. It was a hole in the wall near the entrance of the cave. It was a long drop.
“Aren’t you going to make us bigger?” Justin asked.
“Maybe, or maybe I’ll keep you this way.” Lili pretended to think about it.
“You have to.” Justin pleaded.
“Of course I have to. If I didn’t, nobody would protect Michael.” Lili grinned, patting Michael’s head. She shoved Justin out of the hole and changed him to his normal size. Then she shoved Yusuke and Hiei at the time and changed them back to their normal size. Yusuke fell right on top on Justin and Hiei landed on his feet, on top of the two boys. Lili pushed Arwen out of the hole and changed her back to normal. Lili ruffled Michael’s blue hair.
“You be good and if the humans are causing any trouble, I’ll teach them a lesson.” Lili offered.
“All right. I’ll visit’ ya sometime.” Michael waved good-bye and he walked out of the hole. He forgot that he didn’t have wings and plummeted to the ground. Justin pushed Yusuke off and stood up.
“All right, let’s go.” He ordered.
“What about me?” Michael asked. His voice sounded very faint since Justin was five feet one inches taller than him.
“What about you?”
“I can’t fly.” Michael reminded.
“What was spending a week there for?”
“It was for my wounds to heal, not to grow wings.” Michael explained.
“Can’t you walk?” Justin asked stupidly. Everybody stared at the moron.
“I could but it might be hard to keep up with you guys.”
“Doesn’t that mean we have to carry you?” Justin asked.
“It’s not like he weight a ton. He doesn’t even weigh a pound.”
“I’m not carrying him.” Justin protested.
“I’ll carry him.” Hiei volunteered. It was unusually for Hiei to do something so...nice but there was a purpose. He intended to find out some things about Michael.
They started walking toward a village for once but it took them a week and a half to go in the right direction. Hiei was the caboose of the party just to talk to Michael.
“Tell the truth, Michael,” Hiei started, “Where did you really get that amulet?”
“I told you, it was a family heirloom. I’m not lying, I swear.”
“Does it do anything?” Hiei questioned. Michael seemed surprised at the question.
“Is it supposed to? It’s a crappie piece of junk.” Michael said with too much hatred and anger.
“Why don’t you get rid of it if you hate it so much?” Hiei suggested.
“I couldn’t do that. It belonged to my father.” He denied.
“Where do you live anyway?” Hiei dared to ask.
“I don’t live anywhere. I just travel around with Arwen. I did have a family though but they all died. It’s not too bad. I get to hang around Arwen all the time and sometimes I get to meet new people.”
“So you just travel around. Did you have any problems with demons?” He asked. Michael turned white.
“Demons? There are no such things as demons.” Michael laughed like he was trying to hide something. “That’s funny, demons.” He laughed even harder.
“I think you’re trying to hide something from me.”
“What would I be hiding from you? You’re one of my friends.”
“What’s the harm in telling me? I promise I won’t tell anybody.”
“It’s really bad. I’m really bad. I shouldn’t have let it happened.” Michael started trembling.
“What happened?” Hiei asked again. Michael hid his head in his hands. It almost looked like he was crying.
“It’s really bad. I don’t think you want to hear it.”
“Yes, I do, please tell.” Hiei insisted. Michael told his story. His story was sad and frightening.
“My village was burned to the ground and that’s when I heard the voice. At first he seemed friendly enough. He assured me and comforted me. I didn’t know where he came from but I didn’t want him to go. He helped me so much.
A man named Siren came and almost killed my Arwen and he helped me then too, sort of. When I saw that blade crept on Arwen’s neck, the voice was throbbing. It told me to kill everyone. That was all I heard, ‘kill them, kill them all.’ Soon I couldn’t control it and it took over my body and stabbed Siren. I was glad my love was safe but I couldn’t control my body. My soul was trapped in this amulet. That’s where the voice was coming from. I had no choice but watched as he tried to slaughter my friends. I begged him to stop and he listen. He said he wouldn’t hurt my friends as long as I didn’t resist. I had no choice. He left and went to nearby village and slaughtered all the people there. I had to watch as and woman begged for her children’s lives right before her head was sliced off and I had to watch as he killed innocent sleeping babies. I had to watch everything. Then he spied my friends and ran away, leaving helpless people. I remembered hiding up in a corner of a room, waiting for Arwen. When she entered the room, I felt like screaming ‘get out, get out’ but I couldn’t. He jumped down and tried to kill her. I couldn’t bare it. Arwen fought back and they got in a big fight. He scratched Arwen across the hand with his poisonous lance and I knew that meant. I couldn’t take it. I gained control of my body and he left. Arwen smiled at me right before she collapsed. The others rushed in and we found out the only way to cure her of the poison is a rare flower. Meagan and Steven stayed with Arwen while the rest of us went to look for the flower.
During our travels I would have nightmares, each time he was trying to kill me. He was actually trying to kill me in real life. We had to hurry up and find the flower. We only had three days so we had to act quickly. We knew that it grew in dark, damp places so we inspected a cave. In the cave, we could hear running water. We came upon a small hole that only I could fit. I went in and there was underground waterfall in there. It was beautiful but the most beautiful thing in the place was the flower on the ledge. I saw a dark figure already up there. He picked the flower and threw it into the river and it carried it away. I tried to dive after it but a force sent me flying into the wall. The figure came and I looked up and it was me. The exact version of me. He punched me and we got into this huge fist fight. I lost and was knocked out. When I woke up, I realize that it was him. The hole that I went through before was covered up and I had no means of escaping. I dived into the river and let the current take me out of the cave. I eventually exited and had to find the others and warn them about him. I rushed and found them, but he already told them I was him. I told the others that he was him. Rebecca shot me with an arrow, thinking I was him.
I died and went to heaven but I had a choice whether to stay in heaven or stop him. I went back to earth and fought with him. He was a twelve feet tall shadow, and I was only three inches tall. He made a ring of fire around us so none of the guys could interfere. He bashed me against a tree. I fell to the ground and he squished me. I flew up and threw a fireball at him but it didn’t work. He smacked me into the fire and I was burned severely. I still got back up. He used magic and electrocuted me. He also used his magic to make a giant ice dagger. It shattered into a million sharp pieces and all attacked me. The daggers cut my wings and my whole body. I couldn’t take it. I collapsed and waited for him to kill me. He picked me up and swallowed me.
There was no stomach, just darkness. I hated everything and everyone. It wasn’t my fault; the darkness was attacking my heart. I blamed everyone for everything bad that happened to me. I couldn’t think straight. I was turning into him. I started losing my memories. I only had one memory, my mother. I remembered the way she sang a lullaby to me. I couldn’t remember the words so I hummed then the words came to me and I started singing. Louder and louder I sang until the darkness left me. He couldn’t take it and he went back into the amulet. I soon found out that I will never be rid of him. I also found out that each time he escapes, I become more like him. I already have demon blood running through me.” Michael finished.
“Who is ‘him’?” Hiei asked.
“Rudra.” He answered. “The prince of demons. I guess that makes me a prince of demons too.”
Michael couldn’t hold back the tears. He buried his head into his hands. Hiei felt a little mournful for the little boy. He’s been through too much pain. He had to protect Michael. That explained a lot. The dreams, the demons after him but Hiei won’t tell him about that. He already had too much pain. Hiei didn’t try to stop Michael from crying. He just didn’t like crying. Michael hastily wiped away his tears when they came to a human village at dusk.
“Come on.” Arwen picked up Michael and shoved him in her cloak pocket.
“What are you doing to Michael?” Yusuke demanded.
“Humans kill light elves for their wings and blood. They make a lot of money but it’s not worth it.” Arwen explained. “And it’s not illegal so as soon as anybody sees Michael, they can steal him away.”
They entered the village. It didn’t look too friendly. People leaned back again walls and stared at the group with shifty eyes. They group stopped in front of an inn.
“We don’t have any money.” Justin pointed out. A man brushed against Arwen.
“We do now.” Arwen held up an unfamiliar bag of coins.
“Did you steal that?” Yusuke questioned.
“Well, I didn’t borrow it.”
They entered the inn. A few people glared at the party, including the man at the counter.
“We would like a room.” Justin announced.
“So?” The man at the counter remarked.
“Uh, we would like to pay to sleep in a room.” Justin explained. The man glanced at all of the people.
“I don’t serve kids.” The man remarked.
“We got money, don’t you want it?”
“Fine,” The man sighed. “It’ll be two gailons for one room.”
“Two gailons just for one room!? That’s a rip off. The beds are probably mattress on the floor.” Justin shouted.
“Relax, we have enough money.” Arwen assured as she handed the man four golden coins. He sided two keys to Justin. “Here, the two rooms upstairs at the end of the hall.”
The group thanked the man and went up the creaky stairs. They entered one room just to talk. There were twin beds next to each other. One other bed was in the corner. Yusuke flopped on one of the beds. Arwen was searching for something in her cloak.
“I think that man that I stole from was a pickpocket.” Arwen accused.
“So what, you didn’t have any money.” Yusuke reminded.
“No, but I had Michael.”