Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Strange New Case ❯ Michael's History ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 8
Michael’s History

We’re getting closer to Michael’s secret. You thought Justin was going to spill didn’t you. Well, you’re wrong.

Disclaimer: I don’t own Yu Yu Yakusho (I wish I did own it so I wouldn’t have to write this over and over again)

Meagan was alive and awake the next morning. Gauze covered her right cheek and her forehead. Both of her arms were rapped in bandages and her left leg was red and raw.
“How are you feeling this morning?” Kurama asked.
“It hurts but a lot better.” Meagan assured.
“You should thank Kurama. If it weren’t for him, you still would have been in that inn.” Kuwabara pointed out. Kurama blushed. She threw her arms over his shoulder and gave him a squeeze.
“Thank you so much.” Meagan thanked. She quickly retracted when it pained her to touch.
“Should we keep going?” Rebecca asked.
“Yeah, I can do it.” Meagan leaped out of bed but her knees bucked and she fell to the floor. Kurama was quick to react and grabbed her before she hit the ground. Kurama turned beet red.
“We wouldn’t know where to go anyway.” Steven pointed out.
“I wonder how the others are doing.” Meagan thought out loud.
“We’ll never find out if we just keep standing here.” Rebecca remarked.
“Then let’s go.” Kurama suggested.
“First, breakfast.” Kuwabara requested. The others sighed. They ate what the doctor made for them. Pancakes. When they were done eating, they left, thanking the doctor for everything.
They headed off. Stopping every once in a while for Meagan. Every time they passed a creek, they would stop and let Meagan tend to her wounds. They walked on. The forest suddenly stopped but was replaced by a barren wasteland with ash everywhere. They weren’t quite sure what happen until they came to four tiny crosses in the ground.
“Let’s turn around.” Meagan ordered quietly.
“Who do you think did this?” Kurama asked.
“Let’s turn around.” Meagan ordered a little louder. Kuwabara bent down and started poking the little crosses.
“Do you think a little fairy thing did this?”
“Stop this right now!” Meagan shouted. Everyone looked at her in bewilderment. “This is a graveyard and we shouldn’t be trampling it.”
“Oh yeah.” Rebecca and Steven remembered.
“Whose graveyard is this?” Kurama asked.
“I’ll tell you, but first, let’s get out of here.” They left the burned area.
“Whose graveyard is it?” Kurama asked again.
“It’s Michael’s. After his village burned down, he made crosses for his family.” Meagan explained.
“How did it burn down?”
“Humans soldiers came and torched the place. Michael was the only survivor because we were with us at the time. When he saw that all of his family and friends died, he didn’t cry. He just stared.” Meagan explained. “I wanted to comfort him but he wouldn’t let me. He just said that I wouldn’t understand. It made me so sad.”
“That was two years ago.” Steven explained.
They walked along, not quite sure where they were heading but they kept going, keeping a sharp eye out for the others. Night came and they set up camp. Meagan and Kurama picked berries while Kuwabara and Rebecca collected firewood.
“Can you tell me about Michael?” Kurama requested.
“What do you want to know?” Meagan asked.
“His past.”
“Can I ask why?” Meagan questioned. Kurama shrugged his shoulders.
“I’m just curious.” He answered.
“Well, Michael’s father died when he was only five. Killed by humans. Michael always hated humans since, until he met us. He worked for an evil guy that wanted to take over the world because Michael’s village would be destroyed if he didn’t. Don’t ask me why that guy wanted Michael. He’s very clumsy on his feet. He fell in love-”
“He fell in love, with whom?” Kurama interrupted.
“I was getting to that. He was in love with...be prepared...he was in love with Arwen, and still is.” Meagan explained. Kurama was boggled.
“But Michael’s so-”
“I know, Michael is so small and Arwen is not and it could never work. What happened is Arwen was working for the evil guy. She was sent to kill us, including Michael but she got injured and Michael nursed her back to health and they made a deal. Arwen would protect Michael. After that, they were sort of friends. Not best friends but good friends. Well, Michael turned into a human for 24 hours and something happened. He looked cute too. He was blond and the bluest-”
“All right, keep going.” Kurama insisted.
“All right, Michael disappeared with Arwen and we caught them sneaking in the middle of the night. Then we caught them smooching. After that, they were in love. Arwen always had a soft spot for Michael. He’ll ask for something and she delivers. It was cute but they’re probably never going to get together.”
“Is that it?” Kurama asked.
“There was that one thing that happened two years ago.” Meagan thought out loud.
“What one thing?” Kurama asked.
“Sorry, I promised Michael I wouldn’t tell.” Meagan said. Kurama sighed.
“Come on, I think this is enough.” Kurama remarked. They started walking back to camp.
Meanwhile...
“Hey Rebecca, would you go out with me?” Kuwabara asked.
“I have a boyfriend.” Rebecca pointed out.
“He doesn’t need to know. Come on, just for one night.” Kuwabara begged.
“No.” Rebecca refused.
“Please, just once.” Kuwabara pleaded.
“No!” She shouted.
“Pleas-” Kuwabara started. Rebecca snatched a stick off the ground and THUNK! Right on his head before he could finish.
“If you ask me one more time, I swear, I’m going to kick your ass.” She threatened. Kuwabara didn’t say anything more. They walked back to camp with bundles of firewood and they started a fire. They ate berries and Kurama dared to ask Rebecca something.
“Rebecca? What happened to Michael two years ago?” Kurama asked. Everyone went silent.
“I promised I wouldn’t tell.” Rebecca refused.
“Please, tell me. Michael isn’t here. Please.” Kurama begged. Rebecca refused.
“NO!” Rebecca shouted.
“Please, we really want to know.” Kuwabara begged.
“Why do you want to know so badly?” Steven asked. The boys were speechless. Do they tell the truth?
“What if we told you that demons were after him? Would you tell us then?” Kurama asked.
“Demons are after him! Still, it would be none of your concern.”
“What if we told you that Indrid sent us to protect him?”
“Indrid sent you!?” The girls said in shock.
“What about us? Why didn’t he just let us take care of that?” Steven asked.
“Because we can’t deal with demons.” Rebecca answered.
“And what makes you think that they are capable of destroying demons?” Steven questioned.
“I’m a demon, that’s why.” Kurama answered. The girls and the cat stared. “I’m a good demon. I saved Meagan, you have to trust me. Tell me, please, what happened to Michael two years ago?”
“I guess if you’re going to protecting him, you got to know why you’re protecting him.” Rebecca sighed.
“Can I tell?” Meagan asked.
“Knock yourself out.”
“Okay, have you ever heard of the demon, Rudra?”
“Yes, he’s a killing machine and the prince of demons. He tried to take control of hell but he was trapped in an amulet and never heard from again.”
“Well...” Meagan told the whole story of Michael to the boys.
“So that’s what happened.” Kurama muttered. He couldn’t believe that it happened to such a nice boy. Michael always had a smile on his face; Kurama would have never guessed something like that happened.
“Wait a minute. If Michael has that, then that means...”
“The demons are after Rudra.” Meagan finished.
“We got to warn the others.” Rebecca declared.