Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Sugar Thieves ❯ Chappie 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Yuna turns to Aneko and asks, “You ready?”

Aneko turns her head towards Yuna with a smile replying, “I’m always ready for sugar.”

The green-haired friend shakes her head at the responds. “Of course you are. You’re sugar nut freak.” Then, she walks forward, motioning with her hand for her partner to follow.

After walking throw the forest a big castle-like building stands tall in front of them. Aneko looks one way, while Yuna looks the other. They face each other and nod to each other, giving the single that all is clear. Yuna leading, she runs up to the building under a window.

Aneko is right behind her, and peeks through the window. “All is clear,” she whispers, opening the window. One demon at a time, they climb through it. Being unseen by anyone, they both slowly creep toward the vault. As they came closer they heard voices.

"The guards," Aneka whispered and Yuna nodded. The two girls creep closer until they could see the guards.

The girls sit there, looking for a way past the guards. Aneko spots an air vent and elbows Yuna in the side before pointing to it. Yuna nods and they find their own way up to it. Once in, they start to crawl through it.

They’ve been crawling for awhile and get pretty far when an alarm goes off. The demons look around and realize that there is a small alarm trigger in the vent. Aneko is in front and notices that her hand just passed through a read laser.

“Damn,” cruses Yuna under her breath, but Aneko was able to hear it.

The alarm is buzzing through out the large castle building, ringing to the young Prince Koenma. He turns on his video camera. A huge TV in front of his desk turns on and an image of Yuna and Aneko in the vent looking around appears on the screen. He sighs and picks up his communicator to contact one of his detectives.



In a silent classroom a sudden ringing sound goes off, disturbing the classmates. As quickly as possible, Yusuke answers his communicator, “What?” He snaps in a whisper tone, as a picture of Prince Koenma pops up on the screen.

“I need you to get Kuwabara, and meet Botan at the park right away.” Only Yusuke can hear this.

“Fine,” he sighs then looks up to look at Kuwabara, but everyone else is staring at him. He can hear faint whispers saying something about Yusuke carrying a compact, and some snickering. He growls and turns to Kuwabara, who is already looking at him for an answer. “Diaper breath wants us.”

Kuwabara nods and stands up, as does Yusuke. Luckily for them, the teacher hasn’t come in yet, and Keiko isn’t in the same class as them to stop them from skipping school today. They walk out of the classroom, down the hallway and out the door. They jump the fence before anyone can see them, and run off to the park.




Kurama sighed as he walked through the hallways in his school. The girls would stare and the boys would glare. He sighed again and walked toward his locker. When he opened his locker a small ringing noise went off. He jumped a little, not expecting it, but recovered quickly.

He reached into his pocket and pulled out his communicator. He opened it and Koenma appeared on screen. "Yes Koenma", he answered softly, so no one around him could hear.

"Kurama, please meet Botan, Yusuke, and Kuwabara in the park. I have a mission for you. Please bring Hiei, he should be outside."

Kurama nodded, "Yes sir." He closed his compact and his locker.

He walked back the way he came happy the bell hasn't rung, so no one we question him leaving. He walked down the sidewalk and was joined by Hiei, who appeared out of nowhere.

"Hello Hiei", Kurama said.

“Hn,” was Hiei’s response. As soon as they got far enough from Kurama’s school they started running toward the park.

Kurama and Hiei reach the park within a few minutes. As they come in, they see Botan setting on a park bench and Yusuke and Kuwabara running into the park from the other in. Once they all reach where Botan is, she stands up.

“Hello,” she chirps happily, “Koenma is waiting for you.” And with that she creates a portal with the same blue and white swirling light. She steps aside so that the four boys can go through. They all hope in the portal, followed by Botan, and then it disappears. They all jump out the other end landing in Koenma’s office.

“Good," Koenma said, "You're here." He turns to his TV and turns it on. On the TV are Yuna and Aneko melting and cooling off the square in the vent. "They are two thieves that I have been after for a while. The one with green hair is Yuna, the one with black in Aneko. Both are cat demons. Aneko is fire, wind, and shadow/dark and Yuna is water, sound, and wind."

Kuwabara interrupts Koenma. "She can't be water and a cat demon. Cats don't like water and I should know. Eikichi never wants to take a bath." They stare at Kuwabara in all his stupidity.

Koenma ignores him and continues, "They are now fighting my guards." They look on the screen and the girls aren't there but instead a big square of vent is missing.

"The onnas are smart. " Hiei smirks.

Koenma nodded, "They are. But it still confuses me why there in this vault. Anyway I can ask them later but right now you need to find them and bring them to me. . .alive," he adds, looking at Hiei. Hiei just Hn's and they gang runs off toward the vault.


Aneko jumps trough the hole in the vent that they made first and land onto the floor, in a cat-like manner. When she stands up, there are bodyguards surrounding her. She sighs and gets into a fighting stance.

As one of the guards charge at her, Yuna decides now to jump out the hole, landing right no top of the charging guard with a thud. “Oof.”

“Nice, Yuna.”

Yuna smiles and then realizes the bodyguards. She does a back flip off the body and lands gracefully next to Aneko, also getting into a fighting stance, but only with her staff.

“So. . . you take one-half, while I take the other half?” Aneko asks, looking at her out of the corner of her eye.

“Fine by me.” Yuna replies, smirking. She then does another flip over some of the guards’ head, to get on the other side and to have more room to fight.

Once she is over, Aneko goes into action. Before any of the guards could think, one of them gets kick in the stomach by her. He doubles over and another guard charges at her. She just simply side steps, and knocks him out by hitting him on the back of his head. Aneko continues to fight as Yuna starts to fight the other half of bodyguards.

A guard swings a punch towards Yuna, but she quickly grabs it with her free hand. He gets a shock look on his face as she smirks at him. She flips him over on his back, knocking the wind out of him. Quickly another guard charges at her, she swings her staff under his legs, tripping him over the body lying on the floor.

After a few more kicks and punches, most of the guys are knocked out, while some of them are lying on the floor, moaning in pain from the hits they got from either Yuna or Aneko.

“Now, back to the Genamite.” Yuna says, walking over the unconscious bodies, stepping on a hand.

The young demons start to continue towards the vault when they heard, “There they are!” from behind them. They look behind them and see four young boys at the other end of the hallway. One guy was clad in green with slick back, black hair, another taller than he was with orange hair that was clad in blue. A older looking guy that was clad in maroon with red hair, and another guy that seems to be the shortest of them, who was clad in black with black hair sticking straight up.

As Aneko scanned the boys, the first word that popped in her head when she saw the hair on the short one was ‘spike’. They can sense that two of them--the red-haired boy and the shortest--are demons. While the other two are humans, except the one in green had some demon in him, and the full human seem to be very strong for a human.

“Uhm... I don’t think they are bodyguards...” Aneko states to Yuna, so only she can hear her.

“No. They are the spirit detectives of Koenma.” Yuna tells her. “I don’t think it would be a good idea to fight them.”

“Oh... So what do we do then?” Aneko asks her.

“We’re not that far away from the vault...” She answers back. Aneko nods at her. “It wasn’t us! It was the dude with two arms and one leg!” Yuna yells to them, pointing behind the group of boys.

Of course, no one falls for that old trick. They just had a confused look on their faces.

“Okay... That didn’t work. Let’s just run for it?” The other nods and then they both turn the corner and run, heading to the vault.

A faint, “They’re running away!” can be heard from one of the boys followed by a rapid thumping noise; they started to chase them.

After much running and turning many corners the two neko demons seem to have manage to lose them. They slide to a stop in front of the vault’s door. Both looking around the area, making sure it’s all clear, before turning to face the vault’s door.

“So, how do we get through this?” Aneko asks Yuna, knocking on the hard door standing tall before them. The metal0like sound echos through the hallway.

“We do the same thing we did to the vent.” Yuna explains. Aneko nods, starting up a fireball and starts to melt an area of the large, metal vault door. After it starts to heat up, she stops, and Yuna throws water onto it to cool it down.

“Hn, baka onnas.” They freeze at the sound of the voice. Slowly they turn around to see the spike-haired demon standing there, hand on the hilt of his sword, in an about-to-fight-stance.

The other three boys run up behind him shortly after. The two neko demons sigh seeing that they’ll have to fight them before getting the Genamite. So, they get into a fighting stance once again--Yuna with her staff and Aneko without any weapons.

“So, you two decided to fight us now?” The one with black, slick back hair asks.

“What? We can’t fight them; they’re girls!” Shouts the tall human. The girl demon’s eyes start to twitch.

“What?!” They shout in unison. “You think just because we’re girls we can’t fight?” Continued Aneko.

“No! I don’t think that. It’s just against my code of honor to hit girls.”

“Fine then, don’t fight them, Kuwabara. Kurama, Hiei, and I will take them on.” The one dressed in green says. Right after he said that, he charges to Aneko with his fist raised.

He pushes his fist forward, in front of him, as he gets closer to Aneko. Aneko takes a step back as he comes at her, grabbing the fist in her left hand to block the hit coming at her stomach. He has a look of shock on his face for a spilt second before gaining control again and decides to strike with his foot. He swings his left leg at Aneko, who saw it coming too late, and it hit her right in the right side of her abdomen. The strike made her hold on his fist loosen as she stumbles back.

Yuna was about to charge at the boy to help out Aneko, but was stopped by the short demon. She had her staff raised above her head ready to strike when he jumped in front of her with his sword blocking the hit. Yuna looks surprised at how fast he jumped in front of her, while he glared at her. She glared back, pushing down on his sword, then jumping back a little before coming at him. She swings her staff as she rushes towards him at. He simply blocked it again with his sword.

Complaints of fighting the demon girls can be hear from Kuwabara as the three boys and two girls continue to fight. They all ignore him as he shouts on about not hitting girls.

Aneko gained control again, right when the boy runs at her, ready to take another swing at her with his foot. This time, though, she sees it coming and does a back-hand-spring, kicking him in the jaw. He stumbles backwards a step and falls on his butt, while holding his jaw with a hand. Aneko lands back on her feet, gets ready for another attack, but sees the boy on the floor. She decides to wait for him to get back up and ready to fight again.

Yuna takes a swings her staff at him and, just like she predicted, he block again with the sword, so she continues the attack with a kick to his torso. He saw it coming to late and couldn’t block it, but he tired to dodge it, which cause the hit to be less forceful on him than she had intended. He still got hit pretty hard making him fly backgrounds into the wall. She lets him get back up before attacking again, but Kurama steps in to fight her.

Yusuke quickly got back on his feet wasting no time, he does a spin-kick at Aneko, who tired to avoid it. She was a little to slow, so it hit her in the side, below her ribs. The blow was rather hard causing her to lose her balance. Yusuke decides to punch her in her jar, from the side she is falling to. His fist punch strikes her square in the jar, right where he wanted to hit. The force of the punch makes Aneko fly backwards a bit and lands on her back.

Yuna faces off with Kurama; she jumps at him to strike him with her staff. He just simply grabs the staff and flips her over his head. She lands on her back, staff flying out her hands, knocking the wind out of her. It takes her a moment for her to learn how to breath again. She puts her hand flat on the ground on either side of her head, while rocking backwards then pushes up on her arm to jump back up on her feet.

Right when she gets up, she throws a hard punch at him in his abdomen. He doubles over, grabbing a hold on his stomach. She was about to elbow him on his back, while he was binding over, but she got hit in the back of her head before having a chance to do so. Her vision blurred before she blacks out. Her limb body starts to fall to the ground, but is caught by Kurama before hitting the floor.

Aneko saw her friend get hit in the head by Hiei with the hilt of his sword. “Yuna!” She cried out.

She rolls over onto her stomach and gets up quickly to run over to aid her friend. But, she was only able to run a few feet, before getting kneed in her front. The blow to her stomach made her double over in pain, and then gets hit in her head, herself. And just like her friend, her vision fades and blacks out.
__________________________________________________________________ _____________
Review please! And we'll have the thrid chapter up soon! Review!