Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Summer Time! ❯ The Talent Show ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]



That night everyone sat in Kurama's living room wondering what to do. Everyone had a full belly of course from the cookout from earlier. Zinnia sat and thought. *sings* sit down in our thinking chair and think.....think....think! Cause when we use our minds take a step at a time! We can do anything....that we wanna do! Heh, just kidding. Anyway, Zinnia noticed her American Idol cd sitting on the floor. She picked it up she got an idea. "Hey you guys!"she called. Everyone looked up at her. She smiled. "How about we have a competetion like American Idol!"she suggested. Everyone looked confused.

"And what is American Idol?"asked Kurama quite interested.

"It's a tv show in America where people sing and who evers wins in the finals gets a record contract and becomes famous! Carie Underwood won the last season. I kinda liked Vonzell though. She was cool."

"So, you're saying we should all sing?"asked Kurama. Zinnia shook her head.

"No, it should just be like a talent show."she said standing up. "We all can compete with our own talents. You know, stuff we're good at."she said happily.


So about a half an hour later everyone was ready for the competition. The order was Yuske, Hiei, Kurama, Kuwabara, Zinnia and last but definately not least Mitari. First up was Yuske. Everyone managed to squeeze on the couch. Yuske stood in front of them. He cleared his throat and used the tv remote as a microphone.

" Must be your booty cause it aint your face! I need a tip drill! I need a tip drill!"

"Okay, okay, thats enough, Yuske!"ordered Kurama. Yuske began to whine.

"But.....but....I wasnt finished yet!"whined the spirit detective.

"Yes you are, that is when you sing dirty songs like that." Anyway, next up was Hiei.

"It's your turn big brother!"said Zinnia happily.

"I dont want to participate...."said Hiei flatly.

"That's cause he has no talent! Except being short!" said Kuwabara laughing. Hiei then got an idea. Zinnia had already taught him just a little bit of spanish. He stood up. He cleared his throat. He looked at Kuwabara.

"E`l es muy feo."he sat back down. "There, thats my talent." Zinnia and Kurama's eyes widened.

"Oh boy...."said the red head. He looked around. "Well, I guess I am up."he stood up. "I believe I will sing." He cleared his throat.


"Isn't she lovely
Isn't she wonderful
Isn't she precious
Less than one minute old
I never thought through love we'd be
Making one as lovely as she
But isn't she lovely made from love"

Zinnia and Mitari clapped. The others sat there confused. "What was that?!"shouted Yuske. Zinnia smiled.

"That was a small part of 'Isnt she Lovely?' by Stevie Wonder."explained the wolf demon happily. Kurama smiled.

"That is right, Zinnia."said Kurama taking a seat back on the couch. Kuwabara was up. He stood up. Zinnia cheered him on.

"Yay! Go Kuwabara!"cheered the wolf demon happily. Kuwabara was now going to start his talent. A large green gooey nose bubble came out his left nostril. He made it bigger and bigger and bigger until he ascended into the air. It popped and fell on his butt. Zinnia was the only one applauding.
"Why are you clapping for him?!"screamed Hiei. Zinnia blinked.
"Yo no quiero e`l a sentir mal. E`l es nuestro amigo."she replied.
"E`l es no mi amigo......"replied Hiei crossing his arms.
"Hey! Get off planet Italian and come back to English!"screamed Yuske
"No Italiano! Espanol!"shouted Zinnia and Hiei. Anyway, Zinnia was up next. She stood up.
"What are you....going to do, Zinnia?'asked Mitari shyly. She smiled.
"Cantar." she drank a glass of water first. She cleared her throat.
"If you believe
Within your heart
You'll know that no one can change
The path that you must go
Believe what you feel
And know you're right because
The time will come around
When you'll say it's yours
Believe that you can go home
Believe you can float on air
Then click your heels three times
If you believe
Then you'll be there
That's why I want you to
Believe in yourself
Right from the start
Believe in the magic
Right there in your heart
Go ahead believe all these things
Not because I told you to
But believe in yourself
If you believe in yourself
Just believe in yourself
As I believe in you"
Kurama, Mitari and Hiei applauded. Hiei threw Yuske and Kuwabara a death glare and they quickly started clapping. Zinnia blushed. "Um.....thank you..."she sat back on the couch. Last but not least was Mitari. He didnt move from his spot on the couch. "You're up, silly."said Zinnia happily.
"But...I...dont have a talent...."said the blonde with his head down.
"Whatever you do is 100 times better than Kuwabara's performance...."said Hiei looking over at the carrot-top.
"Just do something, Mitari. Sing a song!"said Zinnia trying to encourage him. Mitari slowly got off the couch and stood in front of everyone. "Yay! Go Mitari!"cheered Zinnia. Mitari froze. Everyone waited for him to do something. After about a minute or two Zinnia stood up and waved her hand in front of his face. He was scared stiff. She guessed he had stage fright.

Okay, everyone! Okay, People! That's the end of that chapter. Now we're gonna do something fun!
Zinnia: We're gonna play fetch?!
No......I want everyone to vote on their favorite performance. Vote on anyone, except Mitari. He didnt do anything. And then I want you to tell me what anime character Zinnia reminds you of. Any anime character there is! Before I said any anime character from Yu Yu Hakusho!
Zinnia: Send reviews! That brings out new chapters faster! I love you all! *giggles*