Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Summer Time! ❯ Mitari's Little Visitor ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]



The next day, Zinnia knocked on a front door. She waited for a few seconds. Finally, a woman answered. Her hair was medium length and blonde and she had beautiful blue eyes. She looked down at the teen. "Yes, may I help you?"she asked. Zinnia held up a cell phone.

"Mitari left his cell phone at Shuichi's house last night..."she tilted her head to one side. "Are you his mommy?"she asked curiously. The woman smiled.

"Yes, yes I am."she stepped to the side. "Please come in."she said welcoming Zinnia into their home. Of course Zinnia covered up her wolf features with her bandana and sweater tied around her waist. Zinnia looked around. The house was rather pretty. "Im sorry, Mitari isnt here right now. I sent him to go fetch a gallon of milk for breakfast. Would you like to have breakfast for us?"she asked. Zinnia smiled.

"Yes, I would like that. Thank you Ms Kiyoshi."the woman stared at her. Zinnia sweat dropped. "Um....is there something on my face or something?"

"I have seen you somewhere before......."she started up the stairs."Why dont you wait in Mitari's room?". "Follow me."Zinnia hesitately followed Mitari's mommy up the stairs. She followed her down the hall. Ms Kiyoshi stopped at a door on the left. "This is Mitari's room."she then opened the door. Zinnia peeked inside. It looked neater than most guys room. Not as good as Kurama's but pretty close. The bed was neatly made, there was a night stand with a lamp on it, a dresser in the corner of the room, and there was a desk, and a closet.

"Oh...its very nice..."said Zinnia smiling.

"You know....you're the first one that ever came over to see Mitari...."she sighed. "Mitari never had any friends."she smiled sweetly. "Thank you so much....for being so sweet to my boy."

"No need to thank me. He's a very sweet guy."said the wolf demon. She started out the door.

"I'll just go and start breakfast. Mitari should be home soon. Goodbye."she left the room leaving the wolf demon alone in the blonde's room. She looked around. She noticed a large cage by the window. She looked inside. Sleeping in a hamock appeared to be a pretty white ferret. Zinnia's eyes lit up.

"So cute!"she screamed aloud. The rodent instantly woke up. It stared at the wolf demon. She smiled. "Im sorry, I didnt mean to disturb your slumber." she apologized. The creature blinked then went back to sleep. Zinnia looked around some more. She then saw the cute little teddy bear sitting on Mitari's bed. It was black and soft and fuzzy. And it was wearing a red sleeping cap with a little jingle bell on the end. She picked it up and examined it. The wolf snuggled it. She sat it back onto the bed. She looked up at the clock on the wall. It was 8:29am. She walked over to the desk. She then noticed something. A sketch pad. She picked it up. She flipped over the cover. The first drawing was rather excellent. It was rather familar."Hmm....this girl...she looks very familar...."she then looked at her reflection in the full mirror next to her. "Oh yeah, that's me."she giggled. She flipped to the next page. It was her again. "It's me...again!"she said happily. She flipped to the next page. Her again. The next. Her again. The next. Her again.


Downstairs, Mitari slowly entered the house. He carried the plastic bag containing the gallon of milk. Luckily, he managed to get to the store and back without running into a bully or anything. "Mother....Im home.."he annouced as he entered the kitchen. His mother looked up from the skillet on the stove.

"Welcome home, babyboy."she looked back down at the eggs she was cooking on the stove. "You have a little visitor waiting in your room."Mitari looked completely shocked.

"A v-visitor? F-for me?"he asked. She nodded.

"Yes, just set the milk on the table. Dont keep your little friend waiting, son."a tear ran down her cheek. Mitari blinked.

"M-mother.....why are you crying...?"he asked almost crying himself. She embraced her son.

"Oh sweetheart, Im so happy that you have a friend. I always knew someone special would come along. The good Lord has blessed you, my son."she let him go. "Now go, your little friend is waiting."Mitari sniffled.

"Yes mom...."with that he exited the kitchen. Instantly his mother dashed over to the kitchen phone on the wall. She quickly dialed a number. Her sister's. "Hello? You wont believe it! My babyboy has a little girlfriend! Im so excited!"


Upstairs, Zinnia sat on Mitari's bed looking at the sketchpad drawings. Each one was of her in different poses, standing, sitting, walking, running, sleeping, laughing, eating, happy, mad which was a more rare event for Zinnia, sad, etc. "Wow....all these are really good....."

"Zinnia!"screamed Mitari totally suprised. First, because she was there..for him, and second cause she discovered his drawings. He quickly ran over to her and pulled the sketchboard out of her hands. "You..you were suppose to see this!"he cried. She looked up at him confused.

"Why?"she asked confused. "I think they're very good. I didnt know you were an artist."she smiled. "Maybe I should draw some pics of you."she then got an idea. "Or better yet! Maybe we should draw pics of us together." Mitari blushed.

"Drawings? Of you....and me..?"he asked. Zinnia nodded.

"Yeah...you and me and Yuske and Kuwabara and Hiei and Kurama. All of us together."Mitari now felt disappointed.

"Oh...."


Later, all three sat at the kitchen table eating. They had buiscuts, french toast, and eggs. With milk of course. Zinnia smiled. "Ms Kiyoshi, this food is excellent."complimented Zinnia. Mitari's mother smiled.

"Why thank you......uh...um..what did you say your name was again, dear?"

"Zinnia...Zinnia Luna Jaganshi."Mitari sat silent. He was even silent at home.

"So Zinnia, do you live around here?"she asked. Zinnia paused.

"Um...no ma'am. Im from America. I just come to visit everyone so often."she explained. She sipped her milk.

"So I see, where exactly do you stay?"

"Uh.....a friend's house...."she had to be vague about that one.

"And how did you meet my son?"

"Mother...I-"started Mitari.

"Son, let her speak."interrupted his mother. Mitari didnt want to explain how he really met Zinnia. Zinnia smiled.


"Back in February, I saw Mitari slip on some ice. He was KOed and I carried him to my friend's house where we healed him back and took care of a wound he had on his arm."it appeared that Zinnia was a good liar. Although she didnt like lying. Ms Kiyoshi smiled.

"Aww...how sweet.."she said. She looked at her son. "Oh sweetheart, I think your little girlfriend will make an excellent wife for you." Mitari did a spit take with his milk. He started coughing. Zinnia had this strange look on her face.

"G-girlfriend? W-w-w-wife?"she looked around "M-me?".

"M-mother! She...she's not my girlfriend!"cried Mitari with his face very red from embarassment.

"But...but son..that poem you wrote about her...."

"Mother...!"there were now tears in his eyes. Zinnia looked excited.

"A poem? For me?"she asked happily. "Wow...no one's ever done something like that for me!"she smiled. "Wow Mitari, you're so cool!"

"Cool....me?"he asked. She nodded.

"Yeah, you draw me and you write me a poem." Ms Kiyoshi stood up.

"Well, if you two excuse me..........I must tend to the garden."she exited the kitchen leaving the two kids alone. Zinnia smiled again.

"I cant believe it! That's so sweet Mitari!"she said excitedly. "And you dont have to hide it anymore..."Mitari stared at her.

"H-hide what?"he asked nervously.

"Your feelings.....I know the truth..you should of just told me.."Mitari looked down.

"I.....I....couldnt....I didnt know...how you would.....respond." Zinnia got up from her seat and embraced the blonde. She rested her head on his.

"You're so silly...I think its cool.."she smiled. "I mean, its so obvious, the drawings, the poem.....anyone could see.............that you like wolves."Mitari paused.

"Wh-what?"


"You like wolves...and since Im a wolf demon you drew pics of me and wrote a poem. That's so cool."Mitari felt disappointed in Zinnia's theory. "Maybe one day we can go to the Makai and find other wolf demons for you to draw and right poems about."she giggled. "It'll be fun!" Mitari sighed.