Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Summer Time! ❯ Confessions ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
"Son, I was thinking..."started Mitari's mother as she ate her breakfast with her son at the breakfast table. Maybe we should invite your little girlfriend over for dinner again tonight. Mitari sighed.

"Mother....she's not my girlfriend....she doesnt even know how I feel about her..."he explained. Ms Kiyoshi blinked.

"Well.....how come you didnt tell me this before?"she asked.

"Because everytime I tried to you just kept going about us getting married and other things like that"he answered.

"Well....then son, you must tell her how you feel!"she said standing up. Mitari shook his head 'no' rapidly. "Yes! You must! Son, this life is short. You or her can be dead and gone tomorrow. And then you will realize you never got to tell her how you felt. If you dont tell her now you may never get another chance." Mitari hadnt thought of that. She was right. He was guarenteed tomorrow. Neither was Zinnia. He slowly stood up.

"Yes....I will tell her."he stated. "I love her...."he then exited the house at rapid speed.


Over at Kurama's house the red head was making sure he had everything ready for school. He had gone school shopping yesterday and picked up many supplies. He then began to neatly place all of his items in the red backpack. There was a knock at the door. Kurama blinked. "Who could that be?"he thought to him. He simply walked over to the door and opened it to see Mitari standing in the doorway panting. "Why, hello Mitari."said Kurama. "Is something wrong?"he asked.

"Z-Zinnia.....I need to talk to her."he said still panting. Kurama frowned.

"I am sorry Mitari but......she's gone."he stated. Mitari's eyes widened.

"G-gone?! where?!"he asked desperately.

"Back home to America. She got on the plane early this morning. "explained the red head. Mitari's eyes filled up with tears.

"Zinnia....."


Later, "Oh son, Im so sorry about Zinnia."said Mitari's mother. Mitari didnt want to talk about Zinnia cause it'd make him sad. So he left the kitchen to go upstairs to his room. As he entered the living room he saw something on the floor in front of the door. It was a red envelope. It had been sitting there all day but he never bothered with it because he thought it was for his mother. He decided it'd be best to give his mother her mail. He picked up the letter and examined it.........it had his name on it. The letter was for him. He hesitately opened it. There was a folded up note inside. He read it.

"Dear Mitari,

Im sorry I didnt get a chance to say goodbye to you like I did all the others. So I wrote you this quick letter and dropped it off through your mail slot real early this morning. Im gonna miss all of you
. I'll try to come back to Japan as soon as possible. Maybe we can go to the roller rink or something. I cant wait to see you again. May the Lord be with you.


Love, Zinnia.
"


The End.