Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Swingset Remineses ❯ Chapter 3

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 3

It's a bright day, comfortable with a light, playful breeze and a crisp, slightly sweet tang to air. A little boy, maybe five or six toddles along holding his mother's hand. She leads him to the swing set and kneels to take his hands. "Stay here okay? Mama has to take care of something. I'll be right back." He nods solemnly before she walks away.

He sits on the low-slung wooden swing and begins to rock slowly. He is nearly thrown from the swing by another boy's sudden leap onto his swing from behind.

"So you've finally come back. I knew you would Kazuma-chan so I waited for you." Kazuma tilted his head back to look at Kurama. He is presented with a little bag of six or seven with fair skin, black chin-length hair and dark blue almost purple eyes. `My, but haven't you changed." The child laughed an old man's laugh. "True, but you haven't remained the same either not on the outside." Kazuma was still a fair child, however he'd traded his red hair for blond, his old built for a slight fey-like shape. Kurama smiled, "If Hiei could see you now I think he'd die of shock." Kazuma laughed a little as he scooted over to allow Kurama sit next to him. "Yes he would have, if he wasn't already dead. Don't look so surprised after all I have my sources as you have yours."

The black-haired child merely nodded in agreement whilst running his fingers though the blonde's silken lockes. "I miss your ringlets they were sweet. Of course you pretty much refused to let them show." The other boy snarled. "Shut up fox, the sun is making you delirious." The kitsune quickly snatched his hand away and turned to stare off into the distance. "Kurama did I say something wrong? I'm sorry if I did. I-", he stopped short as the other boy turned to look at him. "I'm not upset because you sought to tease me, I'm upset because I want you- Kuwabara Kazuma- not the clown, the bumbling hero, or some Hiei wannabe- you!!!" He fell silent as though in shock at his own revelation. Kazuma gazed at him quietly before licking his lips and replying.

"Kurama if you're lying about this I swear I will kill you again." His blue-eyed companion gaping at him slacked-jawed. The blond laughed at the effect of his words. "Fine then-don't say anything." "I-well..I mean.." Holding a finger to his friend's lips Kazuma spoke. "I love you Kurama. I loved as the boy beneath the tree and as the red head who seemed to care about me. I love both parts of you human and demon. I loved you then, I love you now, and I always will. If you feel the same then there's no real for words. This feeling will last beyond all words, and even ourselves. but have no fear Kurama I will never leave you. I haven't yet." Removing his finger he leaned in for a kiss as Kurama did the same. Their lips had barely touched as their spirits fled to join into a single entity which vanished into it's own world. Their abandoned bodies became as stone; inseparable. Only three people attended the joint funeral. An older woman and her grown son left after paying their respects. The remaining mourner- a younger woman walked to the headstone. Kneeling by it she placed her hand on it. "Kuwabara, little brother, I hope you are finally happy wherever you are. I know you never really got a fair deal as far as lives go, but at least you seem to have found true love. I miss you and that won't change; but I want you to be happy. Kurama you've got my brother in your hands now. Take care of him, cause he's one in a million. So don't fuck up and lose him, you're very lucky you know." Her piece said she stood to leave, pausing only to wipe away a tear. "Be happy guys." Shoulders hunched against the cold she walked away. She didn't hear a voice say `I know I'm lucky, I know'.