Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The 3 Black Rose Sisters ❯ The Beginning ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Beginning

RRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNGGGGG!!
A girl with long, dark brown hair and brown eyes threw her alarm clock out the window and rolled off of the bed. "Oh great, another day of school A.K.A. prison..."she mumbled.
"HOSHI!!!!! Did you throw your alarm clock out the window again?!?!? You know we just bought that! You've gone through who knows how many alarm clocks! You need anger management!" her mom yelled.
"Greeeeaat. A whole day of lectures from teachers AND my mom. Isn't this just dandy..." Hoshi got out of bed and changed. She wore a short sleeved black shirt with a red star in the middle, and loose-but-not-too-loose blue jeans. She never bothered to wear the school uniform because the uniforms were pinkish-magenta. Hoshi brushed her long brown hair, which reached her mid-back, and put it up in a bun.
She ate a couple pieces of toast and drank her OJ before she met her best friends, Tera and Maeko, at the park. "Hey Tera, Maeko," she greeted.
"Yo." said Tera. Tera had wavy, shoulder-length strawberry blond hair, which was tied back in a ponytail, and blue eyes. She wore black bondage(sp) pants and a black shirt with red print that read 'Welcome to my Nightmare.'
"Hey Hoshi. So how's life?" asked Maeko. Maeko had a little longer than shoulder length black curly hair that rested on her shoulders, and dark brown eyes. She wore black capris, and a plain white shirt.
"Well, good I suppose, considering I only got lectured five times this morning about how I shouldn't take my non-morning-person qualities out on my alarm clock." she replied. Tera and Maeko laughed.
"You threw it out your window again?" asked Tera between laughs.
"Duh, it only wakes me up every freakin' morning just when it gets to the best part in my dreams!" she replied.
"What exactlyare those best parts, Hoshi?" Tera had an evil grin on her face. "Was it about Shuichi?"
"OF COURSE NOT!" Hoshi tried to hide her reddened cheeks, but this only made Tera's grin grow wider.
"Tera, you shouldn't do that, I mean remember what happened when those preps were teasing her about that? Just cause you're her best bud doesn't mean she won't go crazy on you for teasing her..."Maeko whispered.
"Oh fine, ruin my fun. But next time my fun won't be ruined..." she replied. Maeko took a couple steps away from Tera, and they started walking to Meiou(sp) High.
They got to the school and chatted awhile before the bell rang. When class started, the teacher was fuming yet again.
"HOSHI, TERA, MAEKO! How many times do I have to tell you to wear your school uniforms????" he asked.
"Jeeze, Mr. Masato, chill out. It's just a school uniform. You should know by now that we'll never wear them." Hoshi replied, getting angry at his daily habits of lecturing them on the importance of school uniforms.
"I'm sending you girls to the counselor's office. You need to learn from a professional about the importance of school uniforms." said Mr. Masato.
"No, please Mr. Masato! My mom will freak if she finds out I was sent to the counselor's office again..." pleaded Maeko.
"Well....Mr. Minamino, will you inform these three on the importance of following school rules and wearing school uniforms?"
"Hai, Mr. Masato." Shuichi replied. This idea really ticked Hoshi off.
"NO!! There is NO WAY I'm letting that pretty-boy prep teach me worthless crap! I'd rather go see the counselor!" yelled Hoshi. The class was quiet and staring.
"Ms. Yoriko (not very creative Japanese names haha), I suggest you take your new seat next to Mr. Minamino and listen to what he has to say." Mr. Masato replied. Hoshi was angry, and Tera and Maeko knew it. They could always sense when she was angry. She stomped out of the room and made her way to the roof of the building, cursing under her breath.
"Mr. Masato, may I go look for Ms. Yoriko?" asked Shuichi.
"Hai. If you can, try to convince her to come back to class."
"Hai, sir." With that said, he walked out of the classroom and Tera grinned from ear to ear.
"What are you smiling about, Tera? Hoshi just ran off!" said Maeko.
"Seems like Shuichi likes Hoshi....and you and I both know she's had the biggest crush on him since we started here." answered Tera.
"Ohhhhh I get it....that's why he went looking for her..."
"How slow can you get?" Maeko bopped Tera on the head. "Oww! I was joking!"
Meanwhile, Shuichi followed Hoshi's scent to the roof of the building.I wonder what got her so angry... he thought to himself. He walked over to where Hoshi was sitting and sat down next to her.
"What do you want, pretty-boy?" she asked, annoyed that he was there and happy about it at the same time.
"Why must you stereotype?" he asked, getting irritated at her for calling him a 'pretty-boy prep.'
"Because, it's what you are. A stupid preppy pretty-boy that all the stupid preppy girls like." she answered.
"Truth be told, I don't enjoy being called a 'pretty-boy prep,' and I don't like those 'preppy girls' that like me either. Why do you hate me so?" He was desperate to know what she really thought of him. Hoshi sat there in silence, not wanting to answer. I don't hate you... she thought to herself. I actually like you...but I can't let you know that.. "Hoshi, please don't ignore me." he said, interrupting her train of thought. She felt him staring at her and her cheeks turned bright red. Why can't I just say it?

"I...don't....hate you.." she said, hardly loud enough for him to hear. Hearing Hoshi say this made him sigh mentally; he was relieved that she didn't hate him.
"Why do you act like you do then?" he asked. For him, her answers lead to other [possibly] never ending questions. Hoshi sighed before she answered.
"Because..." She couldn't bring herself to say it. Because I like you, but I don't want to be like those stupid preppy fangirls. Shuichi was being very patient, but Youko was not. [*bla bla* means Youko is talking, /bla bla/ means Shuichi/Kurama is talking]
*Kurama! Let me out! I want the answer!*
/Youko, you have to be patient. If I keep bugging her to answer she never will!/
*Aw come on! Fine..read her mind at least. Maybe she just can't say what she wants to, but she can think it.*
/Youko...that's invasion of privacy./
*Who cares? I want the answer!*
Shuichi was interrupted by her answer. "Because..I like you but....I don't want to seem like another one of those stupid fangirls..." Hoshi mumbled. She turned away, feeling her cheeks heat up. Shuichi was surprised at this answer; he had expected her to say something like 'Because I just feel like it.' He saw her blush, and without thinking, he reached out and turned her face so he could see her.
"Hoshi...I never knew you liked me. It seemed as though you hated me and just wanted me to be wiped out of your life."
"Well what the hell did you expect? Me going up to you and saying 'Like, OMG! I, like, like you so like you wanna like go out with me?'" she replied, doing an impersonation of a prep she had seen doing to Shuichi once before. He just laughed at that.
"No, I never would have expected you to do that. But...the truth is I like you too." He blushed. Changing the subject, he asked, "You've had a tiring morning, how about we get back to class?"
"Oh now I see why you came, to try and get me to go back into that prison." she turned around, crossed her arms, put on an angry face and thought Ha! Bet he'll fall for this...
She was right; Shuichi thought he had made her mad. "Hoshi...no, I mean, I didn't just come out here to get you to go back to class, but it was what I was sent to do, but honestly I--" Hoshi started to bust up laughing. "....Hoshi..?" He was completely confused.
"Hahahahaha it was a joke!! I can't believe you actually fell for it! Haha, I'm not really mad, and yeah, haha, we can get back to class." she replied. She got up and started walking, but Shuichi grabbed her wrist. She turned around to come face-to-face with him. Her face turned as red as his hair; they were so close... Shuichi chuckled at this, and then kissed her. Hoshi was shocked; she had never expected Shuichi to actually kiss her! Although the kiss didn't last too long, she was thanking God for giving her her first kiss from Shuichi.
"Come on, let's go before anyone gets suspicious." said Shuichi. Hoshi nodded and followed him. By the time they got back, it was time to go to their next class.
"So what were you two lovebirds doing? Huh?" asked Tera with a mischievous grin planted on her face. Hoshi didn't seem to hear her, for she was thinking on everything that had happened that morning. I can't believe it...he likes me..... She thought. Her spacing out was interrupted when Tera yelled, "WELL?!?!"
Hoshi came back to reality and said, "I'll tell you later."

That was a crappy ending. Sorry bout that. It'll get better, I promise. :-) Ja ne!

p.s. PLEASE REVIEW!

Disclaimer: I don't own Yu Yu Hakusho. I only own Hoshi, Tera and Maeko...at least in this story. :-P