Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Dark Tournament ❯ Chapter 6

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Neo: We're back once again to give you more of the fic.

Schuldig: We ran out of marshmallows. No more s'mores.

Neo: Hush you. Do the disclaimer.

Schuldig: Neo doesn't own Yu Yu Hakusho or Weiss Kreuz, you will have nothing to gain from suing her right now.

Neo: Thank you, on with the fic.

Yusuke, Kurama, and Hiei were still sleeping peacefully when Koenma and Kuwabara returned from the spirit world. Kuwabara made sure to stay back as the godling tried to wake them all up. "Come on you lazy bums! Get your butts out of bed this instant!"

Yusuke was the first to wake up and ended up falling out of the bed because Koenma had yanked the covers out from under him. "What do you think you're doing?? Do you what me out of action or something so you all can fight???"

Kuwabara became very nervous went Yusuke looked directly at him when he yelled, "It wasn't me!! Don't look at me like that!! It was all Koenma's idea!!!"

Yusuke turned his piercing gaze from Kuwabara to Koenma when he heard that, "So...You want to hurt me or something?" Koenma shook his head quickly and returned to his chibi form. "Are you sure?"

"Yes, of course I'm sure! I don't what to hurt anyone, but you didn't wake up when I was just asking you to. I had to do something!" The chibi godling attempted to explain himself.

Yusuke thought about it for a moment before nodding slowly, "Okay, I can accept that. *sigh* Let's get the others up then." The two of them set to work, pulling covers off beds.

A few minutes later, Hiei and Kurama were up and nursing their sore butts as they complained silently about the rough treatment. Koenma stood up and made his announcement.

"Okay, we have now found out why Yusuke did not turn back into a human when he was suppose to. The reason seems to lie in his ancestry, his ancestor is a great and powerful person who lives in Makai." Here, he was interrupted.

"Really? Yusuke's ancestors lived in the Makai? That was one thing I don't think we expected to hear." Kurama mused for a little while and Koenma continued.

"As I was saying, Yusuke ancestor is the youkai lord, Raizen. There for, Yusuke is part youkai himself. Which is the reason he made such a powerful youkai in the first place." Koenma paused and looked at his listeners, Kurama and Hiei seemed to be in shock and Yusuke seemed to be thinking.

"So..." Yusuke began, "I'm really a youkai. My ancestor is a youkai lord which I'm guessing is like a ruler of some sort, right?" Koenma nodded, "Is he alive?"

Koenma nodded again, "Yes, he's alive. He's very old and powerful though , so we can't go and see him or anything. He has a bad temper so we've heard."

Yusuke looked thoughtful, "So, we can't go see him because he's a bad tempered and powerful youkai that doesn't like visitors?"

Koenma nodded vigorously, "That is correct. I don't need to have all my team dead because of one youkai, it would be embarrassing."

There was a sudden knock on the door that caused Koenma to turn around quickly and trip over his own feet. Upon opening the door, Yusuke found himself faced with his mentor and the fifth member of the Urameshi team, the psychic Genkai. The old woman walked into the room and glanced at Koenma who was still on the floor, "How can you run this team sitting down! We have to train Yusuke so he knows what he can do by the next round tomorrow."

Yusuke stood up with a happy look on his face, "Cool! Something to do that's not just sitting around and hoping something will happen! When can we start?"

"We can start right now and we will. You need to be trained as fast as possible so you can fight and beat anyone that is foolish enough to challenge you." Genkai spoke with determination and in a way that no one there had heard before. It scared them that she seemed so different.

"Look grandma, we don't have time for you to be playing games! What is up with you today? You've never acted like this before. Did something happen that we should know about?" Genkai shook her head.

"There is nothing that you should know right now. You will know what you need to know when I feel you need to know it. Not before then, so let's get going and hope this turns out okay." Genkai then turned and walked out the door, not even looking to see if anyone was following her.

When they got to the spot Genkai wanted to be at she turned around and addressed them, "You will all help me train Yusuke. Kurama and Hiei are youkai and can help Yusuke with his youkai powers. Kuwabara will spar with him." Here, Kuwabara became very pale and glanced at Yusuke's razor sharp claws.

Koenma spoke up quickly before the training could begin, "What am I going to do? Do I have to spar with Yusuke too?" Everyone except Genkai laughed at the image of Koenma trying to fight at all, much less against a youkai.

Genkai only shot him a look that could curdle milk, "No, you will not. You will do nothing except watch and record the progress." This only made everyone laugh harder at the godling who was slightly offended by Genkai's words.

"Now we can begin!" Hiei went first and began to attack Yusuke with his sword. Yusuke, however, had learned to move very fast when he was human and his added strength in his youkai form only helped him dodge better.

Kurama was quick to join in and the two youkai started attacking together making the whole thing harder on Yusuke. The blonde youkai didn't care one way or another, he just wanted to fight and had fun doing it. Hiei and Kurama, even working together, couldn't touch Yusuke and he was only dodging away from them.

Koenma and Kuwabara sat quietly away from the fight, Koenma was recording in a notebook that Genkai had given him and Kuwabara was watching the fight. The red haired human was growing more and more nervous as the fight went on as he saw how powerful his friend had become. He was so engrossed in the fight that he never noticed Genkai until she spoke to him.

"You know," Kuwabara jumped a foot in the air and whirled around to face the psychic, "I think that Yusuke is too powerful for you, as a human, to fight. You will not spar with him but you will help take notes on his progress." Kuwabara nodded in relief and grabbed some paper to start his new task.

Yusuke still dodged in and out of the other youkai's attacks, jumping one way and then another. He got bored of all that quickly and began to try out some of his own youkai powers. The first and most obvious weapon he had was his claws. Starting with Kurama, Yusuke ran past and swiped the air beside him.

The fox leaped several feet in the air in surprise and glared at Yusuke, "Don't do that! You near gave me heart attack!" The blonde youkai only laughed at him and to the fox's disgust, so was Hiei. The little fire youkai was just about rolling on the ground, or as close as he could get to it.

"You'll have to make me stop! I think you would benefit from a heart attack! It would give you some time to just relax because you are way uptight!" Kurama could think of nothing to say to those comments and settled for trying to burn a hole through Yusuke with his eyes.

Hiei took the opportunity to run up and cut Yusuke with his sword, "Ouch! What was that for? You're in trouble now Hiei!" Yusuke began to chase Hiei around the clearing while the others sat back and relaxed for a few moments.

"You have to catch me first! You just got luck when we were playing back at the hotel! In reality, no one can catch me!" He was interrupted by Yusuke jumping on him from behind and pinning him to the ground.

"Eat dirt! I can catch you even if no one else can!" Yusuke jumped off and ran over to where the others were. Hiei picked himself slowly off the ground looking slightly unhappy over the fact the he had been caught. Everyone else thought it was rather funny that he had to go and eat his words.

Genkai stepped over to the laughing group, "This days training seems to be over, tomorrow we will train even harder. You two," Kurama and Hiei looked at the psychic, "You will be in charge of getting everyone down here on time. Training will begin at nine o'clock, no later. Now go and get some rest. You'll all need it"

The group watched Genkai walk away and turned to look at each other, "So what are we going to do now? I'm not tired at all! Are any of you?" Everyone shook their heads and Yusuke thought for a few seconds, "We could keep going, or we could go watch something back in the room."

Hiei looked over at him and motioned for the other youkai to follow. Yusuke went with him over to the other side of the clearing where they could talk, "Look, here's what we can do. We can play pranks on the others. Especially Kuwabara, I still think he deserves it."

The blonde youkai glanced over at the other members of his team and grinned wickedly, "Good idea Hiei. They do all need to lighten up a bit. Let's get to work!"

Neo: What evil plan are Hiei and Yusuke going to cook up for their teammates? I don't even know yet.

Schuldig: WHAT!!! You're the author, you have to know what's going to happen!!!

Neo: I do not, I'm making this up as I go so if anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

Crysta: You, Neo, are hopeless. You do know this right?

Neo: *smiles brightly* Of course and you're just crazy so don't be dissing me. Otherwise you get no story of your own to be in.

Crysta: Please read and review so Neo can finish this story and type up mine!