Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Dark Tournament ❯ Chapter 5

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Neo: Well I'm back again with Crysta and Schuldig. *looks over at Schuldig and Crysta who were roasting marshmallows over a campfire* As you can see, I got a flame and the only thing it did was make me laugh. Then it was used to satisfy my muses' craving for s'mores. *watches Schuldig and Crysta eat all the s'mores* Hey save some for me! *chased them in circles trying to get one*

*Youji appears in a large puff of smoke*

Youji: Since Neo seems to be busy, I'll do the disclaimer. Neo does not own anything, suing her will get you less than a dollar and a c.d. of four Yu Yu Hakusho episodes.

Neo:*still chasing her muses* Get back here! I want a s'more!

Youji:*large sweatdrop* umm....On with the fic.

Koenma and Kuwabara appeared in Spirit World and made their way down to the Spirit World Library. Once there, Koenma enlisted some help from onis to help them look so he could have a talk with Kuwabara, "You big baka! Do you really think Yusuke would hurt his own friend and teammate! The least you could have done was shown a little tact!"

Kuwabara looked at his feet in embarrassment, "I know I could have handled it better, but you know how I get around youkai! I'm always doing stuff like that, although I probably could have been more tactful."

Koenma sighed loudly, "Well, there's no point in talking about that anymore. What's done is done, now help me look for a book that can tell us what is going on with Yusuke." He sat down with a large book and began to read.

Kuwabara cleared his throat to get the godling's attention. When Koenma looked at him, the red head made a suggestion, "Maybe your dad could tell us what's going on with Yusuke. Should he know everything that goes on in the world?"

Koenma jumped up with a cry, startling Kuwabara, "You're right! Dad would know what is going on, wouldn't he? But will he tell us, that is the real question there."

The godling sat for a minute thinking before getting up again, "No harm in asking, let's go!"

Back in the human world, Kurama and Hiei were trying to cheer Yusuke up after what Kuwabara said. Kurama told Yusuke that he didn't mean it and he was just shook up a bit. Hiei gave the youkai funny ideas on how to get back at the human when he returned.

"Hiei! Stop giving Yusuke all those horrible ideas! Kuwabara would be scarred for life if you tried any of them!" Kurama's tail fluffed angrily as he yelled at Hiei and Yusuke just watched in amusement.

"Hey you two, stop fighting already. It's no big deal Kurama, I wouldn't do anything. The ideas are for imagining what I could do to Kuwabara." Kurama didn't look all that satisfied until Yusuke promised never to do any of the things Hiei had told him.

The blonde youkai curled up on his bed and patiently began to wait for Koenma and Kuwabara to return. Now, as everyone knows, Yusuke is in no way patient. He was pacing the room several minutes after he lay down.

Kurama watched Yusuke pace in circles for a while before trying to put a stop to it, "Yusuke, stop all that pacing. You're making me dizzy. Just sit down and be quiet for a while, okay?" Hiei laughed at the fox and Yusuke gave him a look of amusement.

"Catch me if that's what you want!" With that, the blonde youkai was off running down the hallway, Kurama hot on his tail. Hiei figured that it was a way for Yusuke to get his mind off of what Kuwabara said.

"Get back here you little monster! When I catch you, I'm going to wring your neck!" The silver fox chased Yusuke for a good hour before having to give up. As a human, Yusuke had a lot of energy. Now that he was a youkai, he had twice as much.

Hiei smirked as Kurama gave up and began chasing the energetic youkai himself for something to do. Yusuke led him on a chase throughout the entire hotel before they ended up back in their room and Hiei finally caught him.

"Look at this Kurama. I did what you couldn't." Hiei was panting slightly from the long run and Kurama smiled wicked, noticing.

"You may have caught Yusuke but he wore you out before you did. You look like you're going to collapse Hiei." The fox seemed to delight in pointing that out to the short fire demon.

Yusuke sat down and laughed at the two of them, "Neither of you did very well trying to catch me. In took Hiei three hours just to get me back in this room and then he only caught me because you helped him Kurama!"

The other two youkai looked at Yusuke and then back at each other guiltily, "He's right." Hiei noted, "We couldn't really catch him, and I'm not going to try again. I'm going to take a nap." Kurama and Yusuke agreed and they all settled down to sleep.

Meanwhile, in Spirit World, Koenma and Kuwabara were trying to get in to see Enma but no one would let them through. No matter what Koenma said, they were not to bother the great Lord Enma.

"Will you please tell my father that this is very important! I need to speak with him at once! My spirit detective has been turned into a youkai and we can't get him to turn back!" The guards looked at their prince before agreeing to tell Enma but there would be no promises that they could see him.

They returned and ushered them both in, shutting the door behind them, "Well? What is it this time? What have you messed up now Koenma?" The large voice boomed around them, making Kuwabara feel very small.

"Well, father, it wasn't me. There was this fighter in the tournament that turned Yusuke into a youkai and we can't get him to change back and we were wondering..." He was cut off suddenly by his father.

"You were wondering if I knew anything about it right?" At the meek nod, the great Enma continued, "Yes! I know why the detective remained a youkai! The answer you seek is not one you will like! Do you still want it?"

"Yes father, we want it no matter what! It can't be that bad, can it?"

Enma nodded, "It is, Yusuke is descended from a great creature! One that still lives today, and his name is Raizen!"

Koenma was completely lost, "Raizen? Who is that? Do I know of him, maybe by some other name? Where does he come from?"

"You do not know of Raizen because he lives in Makai. He has no other name. He is a great youkai lord with S class power."

Kuwabara looked faint, "Does this mean that Yusuke really is a youkai, and it wasn't just what that Shishu guy did?" When Enma nodded, Kuwabara's eyes rolled into his head and he collapsed in a dead faint.

"Kuwabara.*sigh* Thank you father. We'll go and let the others know what we do now, although I doubt very much that they'll like it." With that, they left to go back to the human world. Little did the three sleeping youkai realize what a big surprise they were about the receive.

Neo: Well? How was it? I know it's a little short but I'm working on that.

Schuldig: Remember, any flames will be used to roast marshmallows and maybe hotdogs if we feel like it.

Neo: And next time you all will share, right? *glares*

Schuldig: *gulp* Yes ma'am!