Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Dark Tournament ❯ chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Neo: Hi, I'm back and I brought a new muse with me so meet Schuldig and no I don't own him although there are times that I wish I did.

Schuldig: I'm not sure what I'm doing here but Neo does not own Yu Yu Hakusho or Weiss Kreuz, the show I'm from.

Neo: I'm so sorry I haven't been updating but I got on this big Weiss Kreuz kick and I'm not all the way off it yet but I will update this story!

Schuldig: On with the story!

Kurama ran toward the figure in the doorway, "Koenma! You have got to help us! Yusuke is a youkai and he won't turn back!"
Koenma stared at Kurama in surprise, "Didn't you pay attention! That youkai said he wouldn't turn back for twenty four hours. It hasn't been that long yet so you'll just have to wait."

Kuwabara scooted across the bed nervously, "But what if Yusuke gets hungry before he turns back into a human? What will happen then?"

Yusuke looked up from his place on the floor, "Then I'll go and find something to eat. You're not that big of an idiot, are you Kuwabara?"

"Of course I'm not that stupid! But what if you want to eat me?" Kuwabara looked like he was going to start panicking.

Hiei walked back into the room and listened to him whine for a few minutes before saying anything, "You big baka! Yusuke's not going to eat you! If he did, we would have one less fighter! Do you think anyone wants that?"

Kuwabara shook him head sheepishly but was still nervous, even though everyone in the room promised that Yusuke wasn't going to eat him even Yusuke himself promised. Kuwabara lost his fear when Yusuke told him why, because he smelt bad. He chased Yusuke around the room.

"Well, that was settled nicely, wasn't it Hiei?" Kurama asked while he was sitting on his bed brushing his tail.

Hiei nodded in agreement, "Yes, but now it is time to sleep and the baka is still chasing Yusuke. He's going to get himself in trouble."

Koenma was seated on the couch, watching everything that went on in the room. He was surprised that Yusuke hadn't turned around a punched Kuwabara through the wall.

Kurama grabbed Kuwabara as he ran past, "Come on now. It's time to go to bed. Yusuke will be human tomorrow afternoon."
He went to bed muttering angrily to himself and Yusuke also settled down and curled up to go to sleep.

Koenma turned off the lights as he went and looked back at his team, smiling softly to himself at how cute they all looked asleep and left.

The next morning, Kuwabara was keeping away from Yusuke again, and the human turned youkai was sick of it.

Yusuke spent all morning scaring Kuwabara by running up to him and shoving him around. He even hid and jumped on his head at one point.

"That's it! I've had it with you and your tricks Urameshi! Take them and go somewhere else!" Kuwabara shouted.

Hiei grinned evilly, "But Kuwabara, if Yusuke leaves then how will you know if he's eating some human or not."
Kuwabara shuttered and shut his trap. Yusuke would have to stay if he was going to make sure he behaved.

Finally, the twenty four hour mark was only a few moments away and Koenma showed up to make sure everything was okay.

They learn quickly that nothing was okay. An hour past and Yusuke was still a youkai and no one had any idea about what to do.

"Why is he still a youkai? Why didn't he turn back?" Kuwabara was going out of his mind and no one paid much attention because he had been doing that sort of thing for a while.

"I'm going to see if I can find something in the spirit world library. If any of you wants to come and help, I can take you with me." Koenma prepared to leave.

"Wait! I'm coming! Don't leave me here with a permanent youkai! He'll kill me!" Kuwabara latched on to Koenma's robes and wouldn't let go.

Yusuke looked over at the human in disgust, "You are awful Kuwabara! Hiei and Kurama are youkai and you don't care about them! What's so different about me?"

"Well....you, no, that's not a good reason. Um...I got it! You've never been a youkai before so you don't know what instincts you have! You might really have an instinct to kill and eat people."

Yusuke wrinkled his nose with distaste, "You are too narrow minded. I have no deep desire to eat you or to hunt something. I feel like myself."
Kuwabara glared at him, "But you don't look like yourself and that is the difference there. You have the body of a youkai."

Hiei glared back at the human, "Has he tried to eat you yet? I don't think so. You don't trust your best friend just because he looks different? You need help."

Kurama added his own comment, "Another thing, you hurt Yusuke's feelings. He doesn't want to eat you."

"I don't care, I'm going with Koenma. I'm safe from any and all youkai there." With that, he grabbed hold of Koenma and they both left, leaving Yusuke feeling hurt and betrayed.

TBC

Neo: How was this chapter? Good? I hope so because I not going to start on the next one until I get at least 5 reviews.

Schuldig: Read and Review.

Crysta muse: You replaced me? *gets carried out by Schuldig*