Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Dark Tournament ❯ chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Neo: Well hello, I'm back with my one insane muse.

Crysta muse: That would be me!

Neo: And the newest addition to our team, my golden dragon, Amber!

Amber muse: How do you do? I'm the sane muse.

Neo: Crysta, will you read the disclaimer please?

Crysta muse: Neo does not own Yu Yu Hakusho or any of her muses, we belong to ourselves!

Amber muse: On with the story!

The Urameshi Team was sitting quietly in their hotel room, waiting for Kuwabara to wake up. So far the large redhead hadn't even stirred. Yusuke was lounging like a cat on his own bed, watching Kuwabara. Hiei seemed to think the entire thing was funny.

Kurama moved about the room picking things up and growing plants here and there to brighten the room up. He was also trying to wake Kuwabara up so they could talk to him.

"You shouldn't bother to wake the baka up fox." Kurama turned around to look at Hiei. "He was to stupid and it got him scared. He seemed to really think Yusuke would do something to hurt him!" Hiei started to laugh.

"Now Hiei, you know that Kuwabara is deathly afraid of demons. Yusuke was a demon and still is now, of course he's going to be afraid!" Kurama yelled at Hiei completely out of character.

Hiei stared at the fox with a look of shock clearly on his face. With it was a slight hint of fear. "But, Kurama. It's true that Yusuke is a demon, but he's still Yusuke. Isn't he?"

Even Yusuke turned around to look at Kurama as they waited for his response. "Well....yes, he's still Yusuke, but we didn't know what he might have done. He might have eaten us all up for all Kuwabara knew."

"Give me toast mommy! I'm hungry now!" Everyone turned around to stare at Kuwabara as he rolled over on his stomach and drooled.

Hiei blinked chibily and sweatdropped. "What was that all about?"

Yusuke looked over at Hiei calmly. "Apparently, he's hungry and thinks he's at home."

Hiei glared at Kurama who was snickering softly. "I can hear that! But why does he think he's at home? And why is he hungry?"

Kurama shot him a withering look. "He's hungry because that's the way most people are! Most people get hungry!"

Yusuke glanced at the fighting pair and then back at the sleeping human. His face suddenly lit with an idea to get him up. With great care, Yusuke picked up one of Kuwabara's own socks and dangled it right in front of the redhead's nose.

Kuwabara's nose wrinkled and he brushed the offending sock away from his face and rolled over.

Yusuke smiled wickedly and his blood red eyes seemed to glow in excitement as he held the sock over on the other side. Kuwabara's nose wrinkled and he sneezed loudly, scaring Hiei and Kurama out of their fight and waking himself up.

Kuwabara looked around the room wildly. "Man, I just had the worst nightmare in the history of nightmares!"

Hiei snickered to himself, earning him a fierce glare from Kurama. "And what was this nightmare about?" Hiei asked.

"Well, I dreamed that Yusuke was fighting this guy and the guy did this weird thing and Yusuke turned into a youkai! And if that wasn't bad enough, he wanted to eat me!" Kuwabara got slightly hysterical and he began to cry, adding to Hiei amusement.

Kurama growled at Hiei and walked over to the crying human to comfort him. "There there Kuwabara. I'm sure Yusuke wasn't going to eat you."

Kuwabara stopped crying and looked over at the silver fox. "You didn't see the way he looked at me in my dream! He really was going to eat me! He was hungry, I could tell!"

A sudden weight on the bed behind him and a soft growling noise caught Kuwabara's attention and he slowly turned around and came face to face with brightly glowing eyes the color of fresh blood. Kuwabara was speechless for a moment before letting out an ear piercing scream.

Yusuke slapped his hands over his ears, even though it was a bit too late. Hearing that scream at ground zero had deafened him.

Kurama grabbed his own ears and fluffed his tail to nearly twice its original size.

Hiei could do much more than anyone else and ran out of the room like a bat out of hell.

"STOP!!!" Someone commanded from the doorway. Thankfully, Kuwabara obeyed and stopped screaming. Everyone looked over at the door to see who it was.

Kurama was the first to recognize him. "Thank god you're here! We need information and we need it now!"

TBC

Neo: Well how do you like it?

Crysta muse: It sucked! You just cut it off! You can't do that!

Neo: Of course I can! It's my fic! Anyway sorry about the cliffhanger but I'll get the next chapter out as soon as I get some more reviews!

Amber muse: Read and review, remember any and all flames will be used to roast hotdog and marshmallows at the anime camp out coming up and we still need ideas! Let us know who should come and if we know the characters we'll put them in! Thank you!