Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Dark Tournament ❯ chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 2

Neo: This was not the way this chapter was going to be, but for Cynthia Hiei lover, I'm going to change the either chapter to be in Hiei's POV because this person was my first reviewer ever! Chrysta muse! Read the disclaimer!

Chrysta muse: Neo does not own Yu Yu Hakusho or any other anime. If she did, she would be living in Japan and would be rich! Another thing! My name is spelled different because Neo spelled it wrong in the beginning! Neo does not own me either, so she has to spell my name right!

Neo: I said I was sorry! Now on with the story!

Chapter 2

I turned around slowly so I could see what everyone was so surprised about and my eyes nearly popped out of my head! Yusuke had blocked Shishu's move easily and jumped away, leaving the other clueless.

"Whoa, did you see that Hiei?" The baka thought that I of all people would grace him with an answer. I wasn't going to admit that even I had no idea how Yusuke had done it anyway.

"Hiei, have you ever seen a human's inner youkai strong enough to do what Yusuke just did?" I glanced at Kurama.

"No, I have never seen an inner youkai that strong in my life. But," just as Kurama opened his mouth to ask me another question, " I haven't seen all that many inner youkais to begin with."

Kurama studied me for a moment, before nodding and turning back to watch the fight again.

Shishu looked about as confused as we were, and I would have laughed at him if I weren't so busy trying to figure out how Yusuke was so strong.

"It doesn't make any sense! You aren't supposed to be that strong or fast!" This time I did laugh at him, but quietly. I didn't feel like disturbing the fight when it was just getting interesting.

"Prepare yourself Yusuke! Because here I come!" I watched as Shishu charged toward Yusuke, who was once more standing completely still.

As Shishu leaped in the air and prepared to punch Yusuke into the ground, I noticed something that I hadn't before. Yusuke was gathering energy! And quickly!

I watched him very carefully, not wanting to miss even one thing our team leader did. As Shishu came within one foot of striking him, Yusuke moved. And did he ever move! Yusuke speed nearly rivaled my own!

I didn't see it coming. I really don't think anyone did. One second, Yusuke was going to get his head punched in, the next, his hand had ripped right through Shishu's chest.

"H-how d-did you b-beat me? Y-you sh-shouldn't have b-been a-..." With those final words, Shishu fell down, dead.

The fox girl, Kyoto, ran over. "And the winner by death is Yusuke Urameshi!"

Everyone watching was rendered speechless, even myself. I said Yusuke had a strong inner youkai, but I still hadn't thought he would actually win. Shows how much I know.

Yusuke glared at the remaining two members of the other team, who were talking urgently with Kyoto. She nodded once looking slightly disappointed.

"The remaining members of Shishu's team have decided to forfeit the fight! Team Urameshi wins!"

I snorted, "Cowards. They should have stuck it out." As I watched Yusuke walk toward us from the ring, I noticed that the baka was getting tense and starting to sweat rather heavily. I also noticed Kurama's tail fluffing, a sign of nervousness in kitsunes.

As Yusuke started passed Kuwabara, the human began shaking and sweating so hard that even I, one who doesn't have a greatly keen sense of smell, picked up on the fear scent. And boy did it stink!

Yusuke apparently had a good sense of smell because as soon as he passed the big baka, he wrinkled his nose and looked at him.

Kuwabara stiffened and stared right back at his once human team leader. Yusuke turned around and opened his mouth to say something. I think it was too much for the human because his eyes rolled back into his head, his head fell back, and he passed out.

I sweatdropped along with Kurama and Yusuke as we all stared at the baka lay on the ground twitching. Personally, I found it rather funny but that's just the way I am. I just don't like the big, fat human.

Yusuke studied the human carefully before picking him up and throwing him over one shoulder. He then proceeded to walk out of the arena and toward the hotel, leaving Kurama and me no choice but to follow along behind.

Kurama looked at Yusuke and then at me. "How do you think Yusuke won that match? Inner youkais should be all that strong as Shishu clearly said, just before Yusuke tore his heart from his chest."

I thought for a moment. "I don't know how Yusuke pulled it off; but then again I don't know all that much about inner youkai. Do you?" I asked, praying that Kurama would know something.

He sighed and I knew what the answer would be. "No, Hiei, I don't know about inner youkai. I've only seen maybe three, and that was back when I was Youko. Gomen."

I turned toward the front again and noticed that we had arrived at the hotel while Kurama and I had been talk.

'Oh well, I guess we could ask Koenma later if he knows anything. He's been around longer then any of us.' I thought.

"We can ask Koenma later, okay Kurama?" I asked.

Kurama nodded, "Agreed, as early as we can." Everyone fell silent as we walked down the hall to our room so we could all think.

TBC

Neo: Well? Did you enjoy part two of my warped story?

Chrysta muse: Read and Review! Any and all flames will be used to roast hotdogs and marshmallows at the anime camp-out we're going to be hosting!

Neo: That reminds me, if you have any ideas on who should come on the camp-out please e-mail me or review and tell me. As soon as I have enough ideas I'll get right to work on it. If you want to be added in personally, please let me know in whatever way you wish with your name and anything else that I should know about you and I'll put you right in!